Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

HOT DOG!

This is the first time I have installed and it worked slick. Kudos to eddie!

No sound (besides the old IBM keyboard) and the video resolution is low but I will search the forums for the fixes.

Fooj

It might be a separate problem for me than the one in that screenshot posted. My ACPI was set to S1 and S3. I changed it to S3 (STR) (the other option is S1), but I still get an almost instant reboot when trying to boot from the CD (or an eventual reboot if I use -x).

So the question remains, what exact CPU are you using? Is your BIOS up to date? If it was already set to S1 and S3 but Leopard is only detecting S0 there may be something that is not compatible with your BIOS. Try checking for a newer version. I have done alot of testing with any my old laptop and I have yet to find a fix for this.

Apoc_v there are lots of things that can cause the system to freeze. First and foremost make sure you CPU and RAM is not overclocked. You may try lowering your RAM CAS latency and timings down anyways. When it freezes are you able to move the mouse? Did you let the installer verify the contents of the disk? What chipset are you using? Is it a SATA drive? There are too many more things to go over, I will stop here till I can get more information.

I have gotten it to install but its getting stuck at the "transfer old settings" window when I hit continue it loops back to Welcome . Any Ideas?

Eddie thanks for this release

Try disabling your network card and disconnect the cable. If this doesn't work post back and I will find the instructions to bypass it.

Apoc_v there are lots of things that can cause the system to freeze. First and foremost make sure you CPU and RAM is not overclocked. You may try lowering your RAM CAS latency and timings down anyways. When it freezes are you able to move the mouse? Did you let the installer verify the contents of the disk? What chipset are you using? Is it a SATA drive? There are too many more things to go over, I will stop here till I can get more information.

Not OC'ing the CPU or RAM

Mouse is locked when frozen

NVIDIA nforce Chipset

Attempted serveral times on IDE and SATA

Installer Verified the Disk (but I'm going to burn another copy just to be sure)

Not OC'ing the CPU or RAM

Mouse is locked when frozen

NVIDIA nforce Chipset

Attempted serveral times on IDE and SATA

Installer Verified the Disk (but I'm going to burn another copy just to be sure)

You may need to set your max memory. Over 2 gigs causes all kinds of issues with Leopard on some chipsets. I know there is a max memory bootflag, I think it is maxmem=2048 but not positive.

Eddie,

I don't get the error about S0 or S1/3. When I try to run the installer without options, it reboots after a few seconds on Extensions.mkext. When I use -x, it goes on for a minute or so loading the files and this is the final screen I see before reboot. Seems to confirm that something is incompatible with the EFI loader. I'm pretty sure my BIOS is as updated as can be.

Thanks for all the help.

post-72140-1205636362_thumb.jpg

Eddie,

I don't get the error about S0 or S1/3. When I try to run the installer without options, it reboots after a few seconds on Extensions.mkext. When I use -x, it goes on for a minute or so loading the files and this is the final screen I see before reboot. Seems to confirm that something is incompatible with the EFI loader. I'm pretty sure my BIOS is as updated as can be.

Thanks for all the help.

It reboots too quick for you to see, but it is most likely ACPI related not EFI.

hey, eddie11c i have just downloaded your Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[sSE2/SSE3] and can you tell me if it run on my system:

Feature Specification

Processor AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 dual-core processor 3800+

* 2.0 GB

* 2000 MHz front side bus

* L2 cache: 512 KB x2

# Memory Installed: 1024 MB 400 MHz (PC3200) DDR memory (two 512 MB modules)

# Expandable to: 4 GB

Video Integrated

# Integrated Audio Interface: AC97

# Model: Realtek ALC653

Hard Drive 250 GB 7200 RPM IDE hard drive

# Optical Drives Double layer 16X DVD+/-RW drive

# 16X DVD-ROM drive

Media Reader 9-in-1 Digital Media Manager supporting the following:

* CompactFlash Card

* IBM MicroDrive

* Memory Stick

* Memory Stick Pro

* SmartMedia Card

* Secure Digital(SD)/MMC

* Compact Flash

* Multimedia Card

* xD-Picture Card

* USB 1.1 or later

Modem 56K ITU V.92 ready Fax/Modem

Network Integrated 10/100 LAN

# Interfaces PS/2 keyboard port

# PS/2 mouse port

# Seven USB 2.0 ports (four on rear panel, two on front panel, one in media reader)

# Three IEEE-1394a connectors (one on rear panel, two on front-panel)

# One parallel port

# One RJ-45 LAN port

# Five audio jacks (three on rear panel, two on front panel)

# Add-In Card Slots One PCI-Express ×16

# One PCI-E ×1

# Two PCI Conventional

# Drive Bays Two external 3.5-inch

# Two external 5.25-inch

# Two internal 3.5-inch

# Input Devices Multimedia keyboard

# USB optical mouse

Speakers Amplified stereo speakers

Dimensions (H × W × D) 15.4 × 7.3 × 17.9 inches

Weight 23.5 lbs (computer only, no packaging)

If my graphic card is a problem which is NVIIDA 6100 i was planning on getting it tomorrow because its on sale. The graphic card i will be getting is in the following link http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...p;Sku=P450-8650.

I was also planning on getting a new Hard Drive this is the link to the Hard Drive http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...Sku=TSD-500AAKS

So if it will be necessary for me to get these parts can you please tell me before 9am in the morning tomorrow because thats when i will leave to buy the stuff.

Thanks

Eddie,

Thanks for all the help.

Side note: This is exactly where the Leo installers reboot for me too. I'm using a T7700 Core 2 which is just being introduced into the MacBook Pro Line, So I think its perhaps a bug with Old+New CPU's.

To everyone else with the reboot problem, I pose this question, Have you tried to boot with the following command "cpus=1" ? Because this Does allow me to boot into the installer CD, But I have yet to try anything else past that because I need to reinstall vista first and shrink the drive...

i had issues trying to get the installer to run, finally got it with cpus=1, install took roughly 2 hours. after booted fine, it just took 10 minutes. didn't have support for audio, ethernet or wireless and ran excessively slow. rebooted with cpus=2, same issue! hardware specs are in my signature, any thoughts, insight or other version recomendations would be greatly appreciated!

Hi guys,

I haven't burned the Iso yet, however regarding Cjohnathon, shaska, and all the people having the P4 problem. I've got a northwood P4 3.4 CPU (sse2) and I had this EXACT same problem with the kalyway 10.5.1 disk. I tried posting for help, but never got any... I'm really hoping we can get down to the root of this issue! I was hoping this leo4all image would allow me to bypass this problem, but it sounds like I'm going to run into it, and I haven't even burned this disk yet :P I'll burn and test tomorrow, but I'm expecting the worst (endless reboots after kext load). My mobo is a D875PBZ btw.

Best,

-Zip

HI Eddie,

Nice work!

Installed in my Emachines Notebook: AMD64, via chipset, ATI 9600.

Working:

Wireless (out of the box)

Ethernet: with Via Rine driver

Shout down and restart.

Still not working:

USB

About this mac: kind of restarts the finder.(it would be nice to have it working)

Video: No go with drivers that worked with previous 10.4.8 Jas Install. Struk in 1024x768.

Thanks a lot for this installer.

Ricren

Side note: This is exactly where the Leo installers reboot for me too. I'm using a T7700 Core 2 which is just being introduced into the MacBook Pro Line, So I think its perhaps a bug with Old+New CPU's.

To everyone else with the reboot problem, I pose this question, Have you tried to boot with the following command "cpus=1" ? Because this Does allow me to boot into the installer CD, But I have yet to try anything else past that because I need to reinstall vista first and shrink the drive...

Just press f8 at startup and then cpus=1 at the prompt? If so, that hasn't worked for me.

With this release, using an ATi X1600 Pro and ATIinject, I cannot shut down smoothly (have to press power button). Removing the ATIinject. kext from Extensions solves this problem but then the ATIRadeonX1000. kext is not loaded so no QE/CI or rotation. I solved this problem by editing this kext and others as described here in the Update 2 note:

http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?...3e774074bf5e864

Following these instructions gives a mouse-tearing-free desktop with QE/CI and rotation.

hi everybody i installed the dvd . Using vanilla . audio , network . chipset ichx fix . Everytime after the installation when it reboots i get a screen mixed with blue and black strechy.i cant explain cause the lack of english. its like a pattern . and showing nothing.i can hear the sound. when i press power button . it shows me the language selection but the screen is not normal it is like slliced . When i tried to install with video drivers it gives also the same screen. i tried with netkas kernel . But the problem also occurs.

My specs are

Core 2 duo 6750

abit aw9d-max

ati radeon 3850 256 mb

160 gb sata 2

500 gb sata 2

2 gb ram

logiceth ps2 keyboard and mouse

i tried all iatkos kalyway and there is no problem like this. Can u please help me . What will be the problem...?

You could also try forcing the graphics mode up. At the Darwin prompt type "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32"
Hello Eddie, yesterday i gave it a try to force the graphic mode, but it worked just once, after rebooting and again giving up the graphics mode, my 2 screens only showing stripes. Do you have anny suggestions?I'm using a HD3870 ATI card whith 2 dvi monitors connected (a IIyama 18,1" and a samsung 24
hi everybody i installed the dvd . Using vanilla . audio , network . chipset ichx fix . Everytime after the installation when it reboots i get a screen mixed with blue and black strechy.i cant explain cause the lack of english. its like a pattern . and showing nothing.i can hear the sound. when i press power button . it shows me the language selection but the screen is not normal it is like slliced . When i tried to install with video drivers it gives also the same screen. i tried with netkas kernel . But the problem also occurs. My specs areCore 2 duo 6750abit aw9d-maxati radeon 3850 256 mb160 gb sata 2500 gb sata 22 gb ramlogiceth ps2 keyboard and mousei tried all iatkos kalyway and there is no problem like this. Can u please help me . What will be the problem...?

Maybe that command at boot promt: "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32" works whith you, did for me once, but I have the same problem as you

Hi all,

Just thought I'd post a successful installation on my rather dated system.

Asus P5LD2-VM

Intel Pentium D 930; 2GB RAM

ALC882 Audio

256MB Leadtek Nvidia 7900GS

Thanks, eddie11d. The install process was very straightforward and it has the quality of a JaS release.

The two gripes I have are :

1) getting QE/CI on my video card.

- I solved it manually editing Geforce.kext and added my device ID.

2) Getting sleep state S3 - suspend to RAM to work.

- It's never worked for me since upgrading to Leopard brazilmac/Leo4All from paulicat's 10.4.10 update

- It's always been a hit-or-miss feature on my system for it to work, some kernels I've used allow sleep to work, some don't. I've never understood why, anyone who can enlighten me is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Please stop by our new wiki at: http://osx86leo4all.wikidot.com/start

Leave any suggestions that you may have.

We are on a role here. Thank you all who have contributed back in the beta testing stages and now. =)

@eddie11c, good job fixing the example tab. Had a difficult time trying to locate the option to edit that especially on the main page.

For all, please become a member of the wiki, thanks.