Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

Alright I installed it with success :D

My specs:

Motherboard: Asus P5KC

Processor: Intel 6750 @ 3,2 Ghz (overclocked)

Videocard: Asus EN7900GT

Sata Dvd drive

Good to know my last second changes didn't break it. Thanks for letting me know.

I have a Dell Dimension 4700 what do I choose for the chipset? Sorry for the noob question, I am all mac typically so this is new to me.

Looks like an intel chipset, Jmicron which will install anyways will probably cover your IDE/SATA but you can check the ICHx just in case that motherboard uses it.

That number is out of the ballpart, wow. staggering... :D:D:);)

Just thought I would share something interesting, looking at the stats on my FTP. The handful of beta testers I had managed to use 209,367.33MB of bandwidth.

Just thought I would share something interesting, looking at the stats on my FTP. The handful of beta testers I had managed to use 209,367.33MB of bandwidth.

Well you did put up like 2 dvds of about 3.5 gigs each, split among 10+ testers some of which had to re-download parts of the rar (like me). So it almost understandable. Must be one hell of a usage bill. lol.

Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[sSE2/SSE3]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Release Notes

This is a release I created for my own use. I have an AMD and an Intel computer

and wanted to simplify the install. I have made it with max compatability in

mind, but your mileage may vary. All original Languages are included.

Install Notes

The system is setup by default to boot in Verbose mode. You can change this yourself if you want in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist. I included BBEdit with the applications, it can edit the file in place with correct permissions.

During the DVD bootup if your stuck at "waiting for root device" I am sorry your hardware is probably not supported. You can try changing some options in your BIOS, maybe you get lucky.

If you get error com.apple.boot.plist not found your DVD is most likely bad, burn it again at a lower speed.

If you have an AMD system please check the box for AMD-System-Fix to aplly the patches needed for Leopard to work!!

AHCI works, but you are limited to two drives, turn this off if you have more than 2 drives you need to access.

If you have an older computer with limited options in the BIOS(ACPI/APIC) and you are able to install but when you boot the freshly installed O/S you are stuck just after ACPI loads, try installing with the APIC-Fix checked. This will install an Older ACPIPlatform and APIC for better compatability.

Video Driver support is very hit or miss, please install first without it. You can easily add this yourself afterwards.

The EFI bootloader automatically detects and installs for MBR/GUID thanks to Dense, it may have specific problems for Bad-Axe 2 systems.

Please select your IDE/SATA chipset during install.(One and only one!)

Default selection for kernel is Netkas improved 9.2.0. If you select Vanilla kernel please uncheck Netkas kernel.

If during the inital account creation your system locks up, try disabling your Network card.

If you installed Video drivers during install(not recommended) and your system freezes before the desktop loads, boot with -s and remove the Video kexts.

If after you boot to the desktop you get an error about an Extension not being properly installed open the Application I included called Extensions-Repair to correct this automatically.

There is no way to support everyone as the drivers are just not available. If this does not work for you I am sorry. I will give what support I can and I am sure others with knowledge will too.

Please read the above comments before asking questions as many of the common issues are covered here.

Hi Guru Eddie11c, thanks for letting me be part of your betatesters..... and so sorry for my late feedback to you about testing it...

I did encounter some NForce errors... I think its becoz of my old chipset... my mobo is still an old msi k8n-neo2 platinum with an an NForce-3 chipset... 1 quick question... can i modify or inject an old NForce.kext or and old kernel.. since i was able to install tiger 10.4.10 and leopard 10.5.1... can i use the NForce.kext files from these versions?

Anyway, Hopefully your latest and final release is out and hope that this 1 would work... realy Great work Master..... And hopefully soon i'll be obtaining a newer mobo and amd processor and install onto it u rfinal release...

Thanks again....

Hi Guru Eddie11c, thanks for letting me be part of your betatesters..... and so sorry for my late feedback to you about testing it...

I did encounter some NForce errors... I think its becoz of my old chipset... my mobo is still an old msi k8n-neo2 platinum with an an NForce-3 chipset... 1 quick question... can i modify or inject an old NForce.kext or and old kernel.. since i was able to install tiger 10.4.10 and leopard 10.5.1... can i use the NForce.kext files from these versions?

Anyway, Hopefully your latest and final release is out and hope that this 1 would work... realy Great work Master..... And hopefully soon i'll be obtaining a newer mobo and amd processor and install onto it u rfinal release...

Thanks again....

You can certainly inject whatever kext you want in the extensions folder. AppleNforceATA.kext will need to be placed inside of IOATAFamily.kext replacing the old one. It was split on which version to use, only reason I inlcluded the newer one was alot of peoples SATA DVD's would not work at all with the older one. I will do some testing tonight if I have a chance. Maybe I can make a small patch that would allow people to revert to the older version without having to use transmac. Which version worked for you?

HI Eddie11c, Does it recognize NForce 560 chip set? I did try most of DVD but seem no one could recognize the Hard drive. My laptop is HP dv2715nr with Nforce 560 in both chip sets (North/South).

I try to add the dev id in AppleNForceATA.kext and inject to Zephyroth 10.5.1 DVD, but during the boot it said dev 0x056010de is not supported!

How about yrs??? or any solution/s?

Thx

lol,

@eddie11c, hey thanks for letting me be part of the beta testing process as well. As you can notice, I dedicated a wikidot page to you (http://osx86leo4all.wikidot.com/) You can take over me as an administrator (when I give you permission upon request). Also, your release is running perfect on my system. Still didn't check for QE/CI. Will get back later in some time. =)

thanks for letting me be a part of the beta test.. i love my macin..i mean hackintosh =)

Thanks for the reliese, but... i Run on DELL 1525 Laptop and when the Install was Sucseed, it runs Darwin Boot ..until the "dsmos: Starting..."..and then its freeze :) .

I was waiting for 10-15 min but noting happens. I dont know what to do now :P

Intel Core2Duo 1.66 Ghz, X3100 Video, 160 GB Samsung SATA2 Disk, 1GB Ram. All of Bluetouth, Wi_fi, 1394,Speedstep was disabled when i instal. Core2 Suport is Enabled !....help me, what to change ? :)

HI Eddie11c, Does it recognize NForce 560 chip set? I did try most of DVD but seem no one could recognize the Hard drive. My laptop is HP dv2715nr with Nforce 560 in both chip sets (North/South).

I try to add the dev id in AppleNForceATA.kext and inject to Zephyroth 10.5.1 DVD, but during the boot it said dev 0x056010de is not supported!

How about yrs??? or any solution/s?

Thx

Hey I am unsure about your chipset, all I can say if give it a try. Part of the problem I found with some other releases was the AppleNforce was not placed into IOATAFamily on the DVD. This caused even my Nforce chipset to spew the message that mine was not supported by the kext. This release works with mine though but I am 055010de. If it does now work for you let me know. I will try and find out more info as to wether there is a fix for it.

To those that were part of the beta test, thanks for the work. I hope your systems are running as well as mine is.

It installs (netkas kernel) OKish on an Asus P5GD1-VM with P4 but has problems with ALC867 sound (does not work and neither do patches) and also gives an odd message at boot regarding Intel 82557 not having correct ROM. Sometimes it can connect to the net and sometimes not. This is fixed by installing AppleIntel8255x.kext from earlier builds although the ROM failure check still shows up in the boot screen

Running Disk Utility on the GUID partitioned HDD either stalls or shows hundreds of permission errors and SUID problems. Although it says they are fixed, a second run shows the same errors over again.

The ATi 1600pro drivers don't work either and installing natit does not work too. The Graphics/Display More Info shows that the the kext is not loaded.

Edit, I installed a modified kext for the 1600 and it is partly working now but still no QE.

Shutdown is very flakey, sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. Restart is OK.

A good start though for this old board that has been a champion from 10.3 thru 10.4.

Eddie...

WOW dude. I'm so glad you came along man :-)

This is the first and only version of OSX I've been able to install on my laptop (Tried Zep's Rev1, Iatkos ir2, jas 10.4.7... ). I have an Emachine m6805 I'm posting this from it actually running your release.

So check this. All installed nicely...

- Sound works (but when testing the system sounds (clicking through them) it stutters a bit sometimes).

- Wireless worked right off the bat (event PSK encryption)!

- Graphics.... this is where it's odd.

` Two things .. I get a ghosting of sorts every once in a while. Almost like getting a 'spec' of the previous window in place until I move another window over it... if that makes sense.

` And next this laptop runs an odd resolution 1280x800. The only one I see is 1024x768

One random piece of weirdness is that when I go Apple Menu > About This Mac... the GUI seems to restart as if it partially crashed.

Can't wait for feedback! Thanks again Eddie!

Can't wait to play.

eddie,

Thanks for the release. But it's a no go for me. After the initial text at start up (since it's loading in verbose mode), I just get a black screen.

Here are my specs:

Dell Inspiron 640m

Intel Core Duo (multi-proc disabled for Mac OSX install-->just b/c I had to do this on the iAtkos release)

CPU T5200 @ 1.60 HGz

Video 1.05 HGz (Intel 945GM video card)

.99 GB RAM

Any suggestions?