Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

The HDA patcher thing always seems to result in giving me a bunch of sound options that don't work and it also causes that "can't shut down without holding down power button" thing. The generic Azalia driver removes all the useless sound options and shuts down clean. That annoyed the heck out of me in 10.5.1 also. I just tried a shut down with the Azalia loaded and it was clean, yay!

Welcome to the discussion! :(

just finished installing Zephyroth's 10.5.2 Rev.2 now dling Eddie11c's can't wait to try out his version :-)

Is there any way to prevent EFI from restarting the computer constantly? I'm not sure why, but any time I use the EFI bootloader it just restarts the system. The DVD reboots the computer any time I try to start from it. If there isn't a way to fix this, is there a way to swap out the EFI version for the regular Darwin X86?

I have install. restart, but dont work.

I use apple mouse and keyboard.

Browse in your drive to /Libary/PreferncePanes/ and double click Keyboard.prefPane. Alternately you may need to change languages to english and back to initialize it. Please report back as I am working on a patch that will correct a few issues and would want to include this.

With a P4 (SSE2) on an older Shuttle with limited BIOS options, I get an endless reboot right after trying to load Extensions.mkext (just a few seconds into the process). If I start with -x, it goes on significantly longer with loading the files, but still reboots a couple minutes later.

Anything I can do? TOH's Leopard release works great with my system, but it's 10.5 and has some nagging issues.

Gateway MT3422 Notebook Specifications:

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TK-53

1.7 GHz | 256 KB X2 L2 cache | HyperTransport™

1024 MB DDR2 memory 667 MHz

NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 6100

Up to 256 MB of Turbocache

160 GB PATA hard drive (5400 RPM)

I am very new to this. I have tried a couple of releases and none have worked for me. With this one I was able to get it installed and load into what I guess was the post install setup, and it froze which corrupted the install. So I am trying to get it installed again but now it won't get back to that point its crashing before it can load. I have doing lots of reading but it's all new to me. Can anyone offer some advice? Which kernel should I use, should I use or not use third party drivers, and I have three partitions could that be causing a problem?

Thanks a bunch,

Xalu

cjonathan, I believe we share in the same issue. I'm prettysure it has something to do with the bootloader. The EFI version seems to send us into an endless reboot, where as the regular darwin one does not. If you find the solution, please let me know!

With a P4 (SSE2) on an older Shuttle with limited BIOS options, I get an endless reboot right after trying to load Extensions.mkext (just a few seconds into the process). If I start with -x, it goes on significantly longer with loading the files, but still reboots a couple minutes later.

Anything I can do? TOH's Leopard release works great with my system, but it's 10.5 and has some nagging issues.

I am in the same boat. If I boot with -x I get pretty far, but it still reboots. I am on an intel board with an Intel Northwood 2.8ghz processor (p4). I have Tiger running from a JaS installation so I thought I might have some luck with Leopard, but so far it is a no go :hysterical:. Thanks for all the hard work eddie!

I'm having a weird problem, albeit plenty of it may be weird to a noob like.Apparently it's not recognizing my HDD. I have tried both an old IDE drive and a SATA drive. I get to the Mac install screens and when it asks to select a destination location there is nothing to select.

Any ideas?

Ok WOW incredible! This was the first and only release to work seamlessly and Eddie I thank you so much, Installed in this morning and everything came up fine, audio was good, video was limited to 1024 which I did a search and downloaded a patcher, installed rebooted get dark grey screen with mouse that moves and then nothing, just mouse. in the process of reinstalling now, is there any way of removing or going into a safe mode without reinstalling to do a go back if you install something that doesnt work?

I ran it on vmware trying to see what was causing the reboot. It seems to be a CPU issue. I'll try and get a screenshot and than a link for you all. I'm almost positive it's something with the EFI bootloader. If there's a way I can make it work with the regular darwin bootloader, I have several copies of the leopard installation to take it from.

Here's a link to the screen shot. Sorry it had to be rapid share, i'm on my way out so no time to make a photobucket account :x

http://rapidshare.com/files/99809412/untitled.bmp.html

cjonathan, I believe we share in the same issue. I'm prettysure it has something to do with the bootloader. The EFI version seems to send us into an endless reboot, where as the regular darwin one does not. If you find the solution, please let me know!
I am in the same boat. If I boot with -x I get pretty far, but it still reboots. I am on an intel board with an Intel Northwood 2.8ghz processor (p4). I have Tiger running from a JaS installation so I thought I might have some luck with Leopard, but so far it is a no go :). Thanks for all the hard work eddie!
Ein and Rockstar--If there's no solution here, and you really want Leopard, try to find ToH's release of 10.5. It works well on my system.Anyone else have other suggestions?Thanks.
Ok all 3 of you with the same issue, its probably your CPU. The newer kernels require EFI and are not compatible with some older P4's. I have an old P4 laptop that does the same. I am trying to narrow it down as to whats causing it, but its definately something with the CPU.
I'm having a weird problem, albeit plenty of it may be weird to a noob like.Apparently it's not recognizing my HDD. I have tried both an old IDE drive and a SATA drive. I get to the Mac install screens and when it asks to select a destination location there is nothing to select. Any ideas?
You probably need to go into disk utility and format a drive for use. It has to be an HFS+ partition with either MBR or GUID partition scheme. When your in the installer look at the bar on the top of the screen for utilities.
Ok WOW incredible! This was the first and only release to work seamlessly and Eddie I thank you so much, Installed in this morning and everything came up fine, audio was good, video was limited to 1024 which I did a search and downloaded a patcher, installed rebooted get dark grey screen with mouse that moves and then nothing, just mouse. in the process of reinstalling now, is there any way of removing or going into a safe mode without reinstalling to do a go back if you install something that doesnt work?
I am working on some basic wiki info today. Will get more on their tonight but it covers some of the basics for now.Please take a look HERE

I ran it on vmware trying to see what was causing the reboot. It seems to be a CPU issue. I'll try and get a screenshot and than a link for you all. I'm almost positive it's something with the EFI bootloader. If there's a way I can make it work with the regular darwin bootloader, I have several copies of the leopard installation to take it from.

Here's a link to the screen shot. Sorry it had to be rapid share, i'm on my way out so no time to make a photobucket account :x

http://rapidshare.com/files/99809412/untitled.bmp.html

Yes thats the same screen i get, only its not a reboot just a freeze. My cpu is not a P4 but a core2duo though.

Thanks eddie I figured it out. I formatted the drive using the terminal commands. (I would have found the disk util if I had my mouse plugged in via USB instead of the PS/2 socket)

I'm now getting the install screen after selecting the Destination. It runs the DVD check and then I get "Install Failed Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer."

I'm restarting now and am going to leave the Driver option off. I think that may have something to do with it.

Here's the specs on my Gateway GT5252

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+ (2.4GHZ)

Stock MOBO

MEM: 4GB RAM

HDD: 200GB Maxtor IDE (For test install before attempting dual boot of VISTA64 on SATA)

Video: NVIDIA 8800GT

Thanks eddie I figured it out. I formatted the drive using the terminal commands. (I would have found the disk util if I had my mouse plugged in via USB instead of the PS/2 socket) I'm now getting the install screen after selecting the Destination. It runs the DVD check and then I get "Install Failed Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer."I'm restarting now and am going to leave the Driver option off. I think that may have something to do with it.Here's the specs on my Gateway GT5252AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+ (2.4GHZ)Stock MOBOMEM: 4GB RAMHDD: 200GB Maxtor IDE (For test install before attempting dual boot of VISTA64 on SATA)Video: NVIDIA 8800GT
can you save the installer log showing all information and post it here? may shed some light on whats failing.
Yes thats the same screen i get, only its not a reboot just a freeze. My cpu is not a P4 but a core2duo though.
Ok looking at that screen I can tell whats wrong. Look in your BIOS for an option to enable [s3]. Currently it is detecting [s0] which means it has no ACPI functions which Leopard needs.

Ok all 3 of you with the same issue, its probably your CPU. The newer kernels require EFI and are not compatible with some older P4's. I have an old P4 laptop that does the same. I am trying to narrow it down as to whats causing it, but its definately something with the CPU.

So Eddie, do you think this problem can ultimately be resolved or a workaround can be found?

Thanks for the help.

can you save the installer log showing all information and post it here? may shed some light on whats failing.Ok looking at that screen I can tell whats wrong. Look in your BIOS for an option to enable [s3]. Currently it is detecting [s0] which means it has no ACPI functions which Leopard needs.

If it fails this time around I'll post the installer log. I turned off the Audio and Network drivers just leaving the Nvidia Video and Chipset Drivers. and got to about 55% through with 7 minutes left.

Current attempt is with all the 3rd party drivers off. *fingers crossed.

EDIT:

Froze again at same point. Can't get to Installer log b/c screen is frozen. Is there a manual way of retrieving it because it looks like my only option is a hard reboot.

BTW: Should I try Vanilla? or is it only for Intel CPU's?

So Eddie, do you think this problem can ultimately be resolved or a workaround can be found?

Thanks for the help.

The problem you seem to be having is no S2 or S3 state enabled for ACPI. Look for the options in your BIOS. It may be under the power options. It is detecting S0 which will not work with Leopard.

The problem you seem to be having is no S2 or S3 state enabled for ACPI. Look for the options in your BIOS. It may be under the power options. It is detecting S0 which will not work with Leopard.

It might be a separate problem for me than the one in that screenshot posted. My ACPI was set to S1 and S3. I changed it to S3 (STR) (the other option is S1), but I still get an almost instant reboot when trying to boot from the CD (or an eventual reboot if I use -x).