Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

Excellent Release, works great on my AMD 64 with nforce 4 ultra chipset. First release I've used with EFI that I didn't have problems with. SATA hard drive running in GUID mode with no problems.

Itunes, time machine, spaces, etc. are all running with no issues

The only issue I had was with the bundled Nvidia drivers (didn't work) but I soon sorted that with the latest relase of NVInject.

I also removed the "-legacy" swith from com.apple.boot.plist and everything is still working, which can't be bad.

Great work, thanks :)

Excellent Release, works great on my AMD 64 with nforce 4 ultra chipset. First release I've used with EFI that I didn't have problems with. SATA hard drive running in GUID mode with no problems.

Itunes, time machine, spaces, etc. are all running with no issues

The only issue I had was with the bundled Nvidia drivers (didn't work) but I soon sorted that with the latest relase of NVInject.

I also removed the "-legacy" swith from com.apple.boot.plist and everything is still working, which can't be bad.

Great work, thanks :(

Ya I don't think the newer modified kernels need the -legacy anymore, but I left it there just in case.

You running an older P4? I have an old laptop I was messing around with that does the same thing. It is an issue with the CPU not being compatible with the kernel. All the modified kernels are SSE2/SSE3 but older P4's that are SSE2 have issues. Your best bet is using an older Tiger release if you want OSX.

Actually the G1S-B1 is using a T7700 Core 2, (2.4Ghz) on a 965 based chipset, So its very close to real mac hardware... Actually, Near exactly the same as some MacBook Pros.

Some info on the OSX86 wicki states that I could try the cpus=1 boot flag, So Ill see how that goes

I am going to DL this tonight I have the following specs.

3.0ghz X64 P4 775 Chipset (is this compatible)

DS3L Gigabyte motherboard

3.5gb DDR2 PC6400 Ram

Nvidia 7600GS 512MB GFX

Azalia HD audio

Maxtor SATA 120GB drive (which is my leopard drive)

I am new to this, tried to flat img install which gave me white screen with box and X in the middle, Did Kalyway 10.5.1 and the install runs uber smooth but refuses to boot, even after verifying all setting, GUID and MBR gave me B0 and then resets about 3 seconds after Darwin load, so I am hoping that this will install on my system.

Anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks

I am going to DL this tonight I have the following specs.

3.0ghz X64 P4 775 Chipset (is this compatible)

DS3L Gigabyte motherboard

3.5gb DDR2 PC6400 Ram

Nvidia 7600GS 512MB GFX

Azalia HD audio

Maxtor SATA 120GB drive (which is my leopard drive)

I am new to this, tried to flat img install which gave me white screen with box and X in the middle, Did Kalyway 10.5.1 and the install runs uber smooth but refuses to boot, even after verifying all setting, GUID and MBR gave me B0 and then resets about 3 seconds after Darwin load, so I am hoping that this will install on my system.

Anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks

I have a very similar system

E8400

DS3L motherboard

4Gigs ram

8800 GTS 512

Things I would suggest to you. Turn off AHCI in the BIOS before installing. Don't bother installing the video drivers as they probably wont work with your card, you will have to do some research on it yourself. For Audio choose ACL888, your network card will work as is without choosing anything. Choose Vanilla kernel and the ICHx fixed driver. The ICHx fixed driver should stop the kernel panics for people with over 2gigs of RAM. I haven't had any issues.

I have the same problem with Japanese—the kotoeri Japanese language function will do conversion between roman, hiragana and katakana character sets but will not autoconvert into kanji characters. Not a big deal if you don't use Japanese but it is if you do. I tried reinstalling the kotoeri app from 10.5.1 using Pacifist but the problem persists. Did you miss out the Asian languages support in the installer somehow.

Still a great release.

As I posted above try this

EDIT-- Just double checked, this is the only file I missed. Asian Language support is in there, and this file only covers System Preferences. If it is some other problem I won't be able to assist, as all the other language files were left untouched.

Thank you for this great release, this is the best version i ever tried, i got no problem with this release.

But I am not sure how to edit the com.apple.boot.plist , I just deleted '-v' and keep <string></string> , is that alright?

thanks

Hi,

I have a problem as the installation freezes at a blue screen after the white text on black background. Booting with -x, the last two lines are something about not being able to mount each of my two partitions. I tried an older install DVD and it booted to the gui.

Should I reburn the DVD? I am using a laptop with core2 processor and gma950 graphics.

Thanks

Tried the language prefs you posted and that does not fix it. Tried using Pacifist to install the entire Japanese support and that killed the install!

Reinstalled and for the same problem. It looks like the kotoeri kanji conversion dictionary is missing somehow. Also now the machine freezes when trying to open kotoeri preferences so there is a problem somewhere in the Japanese input.

Nice try but not quite there yet for Japanese support. I'll be interested to see if any other language users are having problems.

Hi,I have a problem as the installation freezes at a blue screen after the white text on black background. Booting with -x, the last two lines are something about not being able to mount each of my two partitions. I tried an older install DVD and it booted to the gui. Should I reburn the DVD? I am using a laptop with core2 processor and gma950 graphics.Thanks
Not sure why its giving you problems, try booting with cpus=1. I don't have a laptop with that type of integrated graphics to test on.
Just one word - perfect. The only issue is About this Mac crashes. Any idea?
Leopard is having some issue reading some information about your computer, you can try an older SMBIOS. Try this.
I have try the language prefrence files but not work.In mouse & keyboard setting is blank.
I had to re-up this one(script issue), try the link again. After installing you may need to reboot for it to work.
Tried the language prefs you posted and that does not fix it. Tried using Pacifist to install the entire Japanese support and that killed the install!Reinstalled and for the same problem. It looks like the kotoeri kanji conversion dictionary is missing somehow. Also now the machine freezes when trying to open kotoeri preferences so there is a problem somewhere in the Japanese input.Nice try but not quite there yet for Japanese support. I'll be interested to see if any other language users are having problems.
Are you sure its suppose to be supported in Leopard? As all the language files are not touched to include Japanese.

OK, found the cause of the problem and solution:

The contents of the Support folder in the path:

/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/Support/

are missing.

If you look at a functioning 10.5.2 system with Japanese installed, there is 68.7 MB (71,804,158 bytes of files for 24 items mainly kotoeri dictionaries) in this folder. I copied them across, fixed permissions and rebooted and now kotoeri kana-kanji conversions work. So it looks like there is something wrong with the Japanese language part of this install disk. In fact, there was a kotoeri bug in 10.5.0 which caused a system freeze that was supposed to be fixed in 10.5.1 but perhaps it got through to this 10.5.2 install disk depending on how you made it!

Finished downloading this last night. Burning the DVD now as I type actually. Praying and hoping like crazy this one will be the last I have to download :D. The only other one that even got close was iATKOS, and that froze at the boot process each time. I dont believe it was a question of hardware however.

For those downloading, I will seed at 50-60KB/s of my 100KB/s upload for the next 5-10 days. Hopefully this will spread the distribution around a little more, and I hope others will follow my example.

To those who have downloaded this and have had success, congrats. To those who are still trying, keep trying. To anyone who hasnt thanked eddie for this release, DO SO!

Thanks eddie! :)

I'm troubleshooting an audio problem. Here's my specs:

Leo4All (duh)

Sager 5793 laptop

Audio is Realtek ALC883

I did the original install with the ALC883 optional module. I *think* it worked fine at that time. Since then I've done "something" that has caused audio to develop odd "pops" and static in sound at specific times, like if I adjust the volume it will always glitch at the same points on the bar. If I get an IM on Messenger it will always be static, and certain other sounds do it.

So I'm tinkering with the sound. I decided to try AppleAzalia off the install DVD, since on 10.5.1 I used that with decent (tho minimal) audio. After installing it and repairing permissions the kexts are loading, but I'm still getting odd sound. What does the ALC883 module install? Is it something I can/should remove now? Also, the Azalia module on the DVD is pretty old, from late 2006. Is there a newer version I could try, or is it this old version for a reason?

One other (unrelated?) thing I am checking is ACPIPS2Nub. According to System Profiler it's getting loaded twice, in AppleACPIPlatform.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext. Is this normal?

I'm troubleshooting an audio problem. Here's my specs:

Leo4All (duh)

Sager 5793 laptop

Audio is Realtek ALC883

I did the original install with the ALC883 optional module. I *think* it worked fine at that time. Since then I've done "something" that has caused audio to develop odd "pops" and static in sound at specific times, like if I adjust the volume it will always glitch at the same points on the bar. If I get an IM on Messenger it will always be static, and certain other sounds do it.

So I'm tinkering with the sound. I decided to try AppleAzalia off the install DVD, since on 10.5.1 I used that with decent (tho minimal) audio. After installing it and repairing permissions the kexts are loading, but I'm still getting odd sound. What does the ALC883 module install? Is it something I can/should remove now? Also, the Azalia module on the DVD is pretty old, from late 2006. Is there a newer version I could try, or is it this old version for a reason?

One other (unrelated?) thing I am checking is ACPIPS2Nub. According to System Profiler it's getting loaded twice, in AppleACPIPlatform.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext. Is this normal?

APICPS2Nub has dependencies on both of those, nothing to worry about. Your best bet for sound would be doing a dump of the codec and use Taruga's HDA patcher.