Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

well as expected, reboot after extensions.mkext, with the CPUS=1 flag as well... :( I wonder why I have gotten to GUI installer with other disks like iatkos...weird. Anyways let me know if you need anymore info about my setup to determine the issue.

best

-zip

I'm experiencing the same issue as Zippea. I can not boot into the installer no matter what boot options I try.

To try to debug this I wanted to read the last four lines of output that come after loading extensions.mkext that are being displayed for only a fraction of a second before the reboot. So I set up my SLR to take some rapid fire shots and after a few attempts I got it.

T42StartingDarwin.JPG

Zip, are these four lines displayed for you also (even though they are very difficult to read because they disappear so quick)?

It looks like a problem of interaction between EFI and the BIOS on my Thinkpad T42 (spec).

q. Am I correct to assume that "EFI build: ToH" means PC_EFI?

q. What version of PC_EFI is being used hear?

q. Is the inclusion of the PC_EFI bootloader for the installer something that is peculiar to Leo4All? I have been able to boot into the installer for most other releases (like Kalyway 10.5.1 and JaS 10.4.8).

Thanks for any input.

coffeevictim

I'm experiencing the same issue as Zippea. I can not boot into the installer no matter what boot options I try.

To try to debug this I wanted to read the last four lines of output that come after loading extensions.mkext that are being displayed for only a fraction of a second before the reboot. So I set up my SLR to take some rapid fire shots and after a few attempts I got it.

Zip, are these four lines displayed for you also (even though they are very difficult to read because they disappear so quick)?

It looks like a problem of interaction between EFI and the BIOS on my Thinkpad T42 (spec).

q. Is the inclusion of the PC_EFI bootloader for the installer something that is peculiar to Leo4All? I have been able to boot into the installer for most other releases (like Kalyway 10.5.1 and JaS 10.4.8).

Thanks for any input.

coffeevictim

That is what I get too. It looks like it is an EFI issue for me at least. I can boot into Jas 10.4.8 but not Kalyway 10.5.1 or Leo4All.

Thanks for any input.

coffeevictim

I have the same problem with my old Pentium4-M laptop. Although I can get no Leopard releases to work on it. I have been trying to figure out the cause, if I do I will report back. I am unable to tell if its ACPI related or kernel related. I am leaning to kernel related though.

Just for an update, I think I fixed the slow read time on the image by updating the prebindings, repairing directory structure. When I click the menu's in the installer they now check on and off immediately. Soon as I finish testing I will make a patch. Need to finish this install and install on my AMD machine first. I will be updating the wiki some more today hopefully, but will have a link there to the patch some time this afternoon.

hi eddie how can i use ./removevideo script? is it in your update or can i use the command without update .
This is a quick script I wrote that will be included in the update.

As a reference it took 20 minutes total to install with all languages included. Seems to move a little quicker now.

Ok the PPF update is up at the same place you got the ISO. Feel free to mirror it elsewhere if you want.

New Leo4All.ISO MD5 checksum after applying the patch should be:

293f82f9624eadd49baee70e19d68adc

Changes/Fixes:

Fixed the Keyboard Language preferences.

Fixed AsianLanguagesSupport(I hope!) Please leave feedback.

Fixed "About this Mac" crashing Finder on some AMD machines. Again leave feedback if it is still crashes for you.

Improved Nvidia graphics support with updated kexts. Even my 8800 GTS 512 works with these. Still try at your own risk.

Added a script that is installed to the root of you directory called RemoveVideo. With this you can easily remove the video kexts should a problem arise. Simply boot into single user mode with the bootflag -s at the Darwin prompt. Type:

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
./RemoveVideo

Then type exit to continue booting.

If you choose no video driver options all video kext's are removed except ATINDRV.kext, this one is used by Software Updates to verify the Leopard Graphics update is applied. You will have to manually remove this one if needed.

Optimized directory structure and repaired prebindings to help seek times for some people. Should be a little quicker now.

EDIT-- ok recovered from crash, uploading now.

Ok for those that are interested I found out why the keyboard/mouse language preferences was getting messed up. When the languages were installing they would overwrite part of the file causing it not to work. The fix was for me to install the Keyboard.prefPane after the language files were installed. If you later install another language from the DVD be sure to back up this file first, as it will most likely overwrite it again.

Hey eddie, m8. Why is the torrent about 2 KB/s? The PPF Patch has an average speed. 160 KB/s.

I need an alternative to the TBP Torrent, could you consider Bonkey's FTP? :( - Or is it impossible?

Thanks for your work!

Hey Eddy, Realtek network and audio are working fine now. Did you found any time to look at the HD3870 support? I've tried to apply the Leopard Graphic update from apple, same stripes again that i had yesterday after my fresh install. So I had to remove the ATI* files again. I'm searching the internet for a solution, but can't find a working one....

@eddie11c, what is the name of the patch? Any specifics? Please let me know, thanks.

@coffeevictim:

Yep. exact same four lines...

@eddie11c:

iAtkos r2 was the only Leo disk that would get to GUI. Have you tried that on your pentium m? Perhaps there is something in that code/kernel that would reveal why this is happening on the ToH kernel...?

-zip

i know there is a how to for the loop for user creation. but i can't even get there. My leo boots the the region selection screen and right when it asks me if i want to do a new system, take files from another system or time machine i select do not do anything (basically starting fresh) and it just loops back to the beginning right there. I have tried in guid and mbr. what should i do? and how so?

i know there is a how to for the loop for user creation. but i can't even get there. My leo boots the the region selection screen and right when it asks me if i want to do a new system, take files from another system or time machine i select do not do anything (basically starting fresh) and it just loops back to the beginning right there. I have tried in guid and mbr. what should i do? and how so?
Read here
@coffeevictim:Yep. exact same four lines...@eddie11c:iAtkos r2 was the only Leo disk that would get to GUI. Have you tried that on your pentium m? Perhaps there is something in that code/kernel that would reveal why this is happening on the ToH kernel...?-zip
I have tried every kernel I could find, none have helped yet. I dont think I have r2 of iAtkos. Maybe you could upload that kernel and pm me a link. I could try it out.

FIrst, thanks to Eddie! Great work.

I installed using only the AMD fix on my Acer AMD 4800+, 4 gigs of ram, nVidia 8800 and it went incredibly smoothly. Ethernet works. Heck, screen sharing works. No sound though. I only have one choice for video resolution with my nVidia card. I'll try to post the exact specs when I'm back in front of it.

However, this was a really smooth install!

mt

Hey Eddy, Realtek network and audio are working fine now. Did you found any time to look at the HD3870 support? I've tried to apply the Leopard Graphic update from apple, same stripes again that i had yesterday after my fresh install. So I had to remove the ATI* files again. I'm searching the internet for a solution, but can't find a working one....

I have the files,will give you a link later tonight to try out. If it works I will add this to the list of things to add/update with next patch.

FIrst, thanks to Eddie! Great work.

I installed using only the AMD fix on my Acer AMD 4800+, 4 gigs of ram, nVidia 8800 and it went incredibly smoothly. Ethernet works. Heck, screen sharing works. No sound though. I only have one choice for video resolution with my nVidia card. I'll try to post the exact specs when I'm back in front of it.

However, this was a really smooth install!

mt

If you applied the patch to the ISO try installing those video drivers, they work fine on my 8800GTS 512. Sound you have to know what chipset it is to get a working solution.

First.. great release. where others faild yours succeded.

For my computer most things worked except for Graphics and wifi..

havnt worked with the wifi-part yet .. :hysterical:

any ideas are welcome ;) i would like to get the resolution up since 1024x768 on a 15,4" 1280x800 screen .. just sux ..

i didnt try any of the graphics or sound options available in the installer. will do that soon tho.. otherwise .. it works great :P

i even got the "scrolling" working .. kinda .. but not recommending it .. since it tend to mess up the mousedrivers ..

thumbs up from me tho :P

First.. great release. where others faild yours succeded.

For my computer most things worked except for Graphics and wifi..

havnt worked with the wifi-part yet .. :P

any ideas are welcome :D i would like to get the resolution up since 1024x768 on a 15,4" 1280x800 screen .. just sux ..

i didnt try any of the graphics or sound options available in the installer. will do that soon tho.. otherwise .. it works great :)

i even got the "scrolling" working .. kinda .. but not recommending it .. since it tend to mess up the mousedrivers ..

thumbs up from me tho :D

This is a laptop I assume since your talking about scrolling. I have not fiddled with that much, just reinstalled on a laptop here to play around with. Everything seemed to work fine for me from the start except sleep. I think it is currently broken within the kernel. Turn off those kind of power options for now, until an improved kernel is released. I have read some mixed results as far as that ATI chipset goes. If you have luck with it, and sound please post back with whats working for you and I will try to include with the next update(won't be very soon, want to get enough polished to be worth making another patch)

eddie11c, I'm unable to connect to the server. Attached is a picture of the error that shows up. I simply want to patch my .iso. Please let me know. THANK YOU. ;)

post-196249-1205801669_thumb.png

eddie11c, I'm unable to connect to the server. Attached is a picture of the error that shows up. I simply want to patch my .iso. Please let me know. THANK YOU. ;)

You will have to get it from other sources :) like everyone else, I don't have it on the FTP.

hey eddie.. thx for this release.. got to work.. well i got the dvd to work.. i installed it and it seems to start properly.. but when (i think) it gonna start the grafic part it gets all black, the monitor is still on and all but its nothing there.. i waited awhile and it started to laod again so i waited, then it stoped for 5 min and started to laod a lil agian but nothing happened with the screen.. still nothing.. but like i sed its on and all.. soo.. what could that be ? ive tried to install it without the grafik drivers, right now im trying agin with the drivers for my 8600 512mb card.,. ils see if that works.. still do u have a clue what it is ? i RLY wanna try osx out on my pc

specs:

gigabyte GA-M68SM-S2

amd 64 x2 4800+

2 gig pc5300

GF8600gt 512mb

and 1 IDE disk

hey eddie.. thx for this release.. got to work.. well i got the dvd to work.. i installed it and it seems to start properly.. but when (i think) it gonna start the grafic part it gets all black, the monitor is still on and all but its nothing there.. i waited awhile and it started to laod again so i waited, then it stoped for 5 min and started to laod a lil agian but nothing happened with the screen.. still nothing.. but like i sed its on and all.. soo.. what could that be ? ive tried to install it without the grafik drivers, right now im trying agin with the drivers for my 8600 512mb card.,. ils see if that works.. still do u have a clue what it is ? i RLY wanna try osx out on my pc

specs:

gigabyte GA-M68SM-S2

amd 64 x2 4800+

2 gig pc5300

GF8600gt 512mb

and 1 IDE disk

Did you apply the PPF patch to the ISO? if not then you may need to remove a video kext that I missed initially. Did you make sure you chose the AMD system fix?