Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

I'm not entirely sure on the P4 issue, but it might have something to do with Hyperthreading. I've got a friend with a P4 we tried to install it on and it worked fine. MyPC's all have Hyperthreading, and all refuse to work. Is this the potential cause for all of us with P4s' problems?

Thanks Leo,

everything (except Wireless and Sound) is up and running.

thanks again,

jimmi

My specs:

Q6600

Asus P35/Ich9R

Asus 8800 GTX

M-audio Omni 1010 - not working

AD1988B HDA - not working

4 GIG 1333

WUSB300N - not working

You may need to set your max memory. Over 2 gigs causes all kinds of issues with Leopard on some chipsets. I know there is a max memory bootflag, I think it is maxmem=2048 but not positive.

SUCCESS!

Looks like that did Eddie. I took the MEM down to 2g (actually I just pulled 2 1gb sticks out)

Boots up perfectly with no problems whatsoever. Very nice and fast.

Thanks a million. I think you've firmly positioned yourself as a God.

hi everybody i installed the dvd . Using vanilla . audio , network . chipset ichx fix . Everytime after the installation when it reboots i get a screen mixed with blue and black strechy.i cant explain cause the lack of english. its like a pattern . and showing nothing.i can hear the sound. when i press power button . it shows me the language selection but the screen is not normal it is like slliced . When i tried to install with video drivers it gives also the same screen. i tried with netkas kernel . But the problem also occurs.

My specs are

Core 2 duo 6750

abit aw9d-max

ati radeon 3850 256 mb

160 gb sata 2

500 gb sata 2

2 gb ram

logiceth ps2 keyboard and mouse

i tried all iatkos kalyway and there is no problem like this. Can u please help me . What will be the problem...?

Hello Eddie, yesterday i gave it a try to force the graphic mode, but it worked just once, after rebooting and again giving up the graphics mode, my 2 screens only showing stripes. Do you have anny suggestions?I'm using a HD3870 ATI card whith 2 dvi monitors connected (a IIyama 18,1" and a samsung 24

Maybe that command at boot promt: "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32" works whith you, did for me once, but I have the same problem as you

For both of you, what kexts are loading for your ATI cards? Maybe I missed deleting one or something thats causing the problem. I don't have one of these video cards to test out. Try booting with -s and removing all the ATI kexts.

rm -R /System/Library/extensions/ATI*

SUCCESS!

Looks like that did Eddie. I took the MEM down to 2g (actually I just pulled 2 1gb sticks out)

Boots up perfectly with no problems whatsoever. Very nice and fast.

Thanks a million. I think you've firmly positioned yourself as a God.

Good to know, Iwill add that in the wiki later since it is confirmed working for you.

Hi,

I report another problem: Migration assistant stop working after selecting the source disk. Says:...calculating....and that´s it. The only way of quitting it is with a force quit.

cheers

Ricren

This happens sometimes if you have a network connection enabled but not properly set up. I always recommend disabling any network cards till after your through this part of the setup. There could be other causes that would depend alot on what chipset you are using and with what options you are using in the BIOS.

I have a patch to fix a few issues ready(language preferences and "About this Mac" crash on some AMD machines), but will wait till the AT38xx cards issue is fixed so I can include it.

well as expected, reboot after extensions.mkext, with the CPUS=1 flag as well... :) I wonder why I have gotten to GUI installer with other disks like iatkos...weird. Anyways let me know if you need anymore info about my setup to determine the issue.

best

-zip

New Problem.

I got my Graphics working to full res (8800GT) via:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ernet&st=60

but can't get LEO to see my Integrated Ethernet/Lan (nforce3 chipset). I foolishy tried using the macdotnub IONetworkingFamily fix but that causes the Networking option under System Preferences to freeze.

Currently trying to reinstall Forcedeth.

Any other ideas?

For both of you, what kexts are loading for your ATI cards? Maybe I missed deleting one or something thats causing the problem. I don't have one of these video cards to test out. Try booting with -s and removing all the ATI kexts.
rm -R /System/Library/extensions/ATI*

Good to know, Iwill add that in the wiki later since it is confirmed working for you.

I will give it a try. I've found out that on netkas.org there's a kexts available that's supporting the HD38xx series, but i don't have a clue how a can add this driver in the -s mode because i can't access (don't know how to mount it) my usb drive :/
I will give it a try. I've found out that on netkas.org there's a kexts available that's supporting the HD38xx series, but i don't have a clue how a can add this driver in the -s mode because i can't access (don't know how to mount it) my usb drive :/
Just like I thougt so, I didn't install any ATI kexts in my last install, but still the screen is striping. The weird thing is however that i was successfull once to start my osx machine whith the boot option "Graphic's Mode"="1024x768x32" I'm searching for an possibility to access my USB drive (network isn't working yet). Keep u all informed... and when you have suggestions that maybe helpfull.....

hi eddie . i tried your command and it asked me for every file in it and i press y for every line. But i have the same screen . i am putting the photo of the screen. Is there any one having ati 3850 and made a succesful installation.

dscf2246qk8.th.jpg

hi eddie . i tried your command and it asked me for every file in it and i press y for every line. But i have the same screen . i am putting the photo of the screen. Is there any one having ati 3850 and made a succesful installation.

dscf2246qk8.th.jpg

ya its spewing that garbage because you did not mount the drive properly to R/W.make sure to do this before the remove command

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*

ya its spewing that garbage because you did not mount the drive properly to R/W.make sure to do this before the remove command

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*

Eddy, I didn't look good.... I've removed the ATI* and it's working! Thanks! Any idea how i get a good kext for my 3870?

Eddy, I didn't look good.... I've removed the ATI* and it's working! Thanks! Any idea how i get a good kext for my 3870?

I will read around some later tonight about what is working or not for the ATI 38xx cards and try to include it in the patch as well as removing all the ATI kexts since I must have missed one. I will include this fix with the PPF patch, hopefully I will have it ready some time tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

If I could get feedback on what driver combinations are working for what cards, I can try to integrate known working combinations in the patch as well.

Also if you find a kext that works for your sound or LAN(verified by you) if you can post a link and what card its working for I will try to include as well.

hi i tried the code and delete the kext. But i doesnt work for me :(. i want to install the video driver from dvd. if i select only video drives do i have to select the kernel ? the original release is selected as default. is it installed again when i select only video drives ?also when i tried to boot with -v rd=disk0sx command it doesnt boot gives kernel panic like . cpu 0 caller bla bla like this i cant remember . But it boots when bootloader the timer ends and finally comes to blue screen.i tried on a guid partition . vanilla + alc 882 + ichx fix + lan 8167 . Also how can i boot with graphics mode with - v rd=disk command because the dual boot is not done properly.

I will read around some later tonight about what is working or not for the ATI 38xx cards and try to include it in the patch as well as removing all the ATI kexts since I must have missed one. I will include this fix with the PPF patch, hopefully I will have it ready some time tonight or tomorrow at the latest.If I could get feedback on what driver combinations are working for what cards, I can try to integrate known working combinations in the patch as well. Also if you find a kext that works for your sound or LAN(verified by you) if you can post a link and what card its working for I will try to include as well.
Sounds promising!Tomorrow evening I will put some extra time in getting my LAN, Audio en VGA working, maybe even my Raid controller. I keep you informed, i'm quite a newbee to this, but google can be powerfull! I'm looking forward to your patch! Thanks for your help so far!
hi i tried the code and delete the kext. But i doesnt work for me :lol: . i want to install the video driver from dvd. if i select only video drives do i have to select the kernel ? the original release is selected as default. is it installed again when i select only video drives ?also when i tried to boot with -v rd=disk0sx command it doesnt boot gives kernel panic like . cpu 0 caller bla bla like this i cant remember . But it boots when bootloader the timer ends and finally comes to blue screen.i tried on a guid partition . vanilla + alc 882 + ichx fix + lan 8167 . Also how can i boot with graphics mode with - v rd=disk command because the dual boot is not done properly.
The installation that i've done is a very basic one, i've choosen the default kernel and no additional drivers. Emidiately after the installation was finished i booted whith de -s option and removed the files, i had to do this twice before it worked. After i typed "exit" in the save mode, the graphic interface ran smoothly :)

If your booting directly to the drive you loaded Leopard onto, there is no need for the rd=disk part. It will boot to the correct disk already. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this. -s is just another Darwin bootflag that is called single user mode, where you can make some basic changes like resetting passwords, removing kexts and such.

Hi Eddie,

First of all Thank you very much for this 'Leo4All" and for all the hard works that you put on it is well appreciated.Almost got a perfect install but have only one (1) problem,

1)System goes to sleep and wakes up but NOT the monitor

Hope you could help me out with this problem. :(

System:

p5w dh deluxe

Q6600 Core2Quad

4GB G-skill

250 GB HDD Seagate --Leo4All >> on the first SATA PORT

500 GB HDD Seagate -- vista 64

corsair 550w PSU

8600 GT XFX -- video card

Lg bluray / HD DVD Player

pioneer DVDRW

Thanks for the quick replied if i would replace the video card driver..how would i do it..?? i dont know enything about replacing or adding KEXT as im a real NOOB ..well tried once(replacing kext) with iatkos released

but only made my system paralized.. please guide me thruogh process and i willing to learn something ..thanks again and sorry for my bad english (just tryinb my best) :)

Thanks for the quick replied if i would replace the video card driver..how would i do it..?? i dont know enything about replacing or adding KEXT as im a real NOOB ..well tried once(replacing kext) with iatkos released

but only made my system paralized.. please guide me thruogh process and i willing to learn something ..thanks again and sorry for my bad english (just tryinb my best) :D

Usually you can search these forums for a working package for your specific video card, they will do everything for you.

On another note, I am about finished with my first update. This will fix some language issues I hope, along with fixing the About this Mac crash. I also included by default a script that will reside in the root of the volume you install to called "RemoveVideo" This is to remove all video kexts upon a kernel panic or freeze after a failed video driver install. You will boot into single user mode at Darwin with -s

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
./RemoveVideo

Then you just type exit to continue booting. Hopefully this will help ease the same questions over and over.

HI Eddie,

Installed on my old Emachines laptop, very nice, very easy. One thing that I was missing was power management for Laptop machines.

For example, at the energy saver panel, there was no report of options for running on battery, like I was on a desktop machine. And no battery meter also.

I fixed it going to System/library/SystemConfiguration and replaced the Power management bundle with the one on the thread about power management.

cheers

Ricren

PD: still not working: Video (ATI 9600) and migration assistant (And I have networking up and running).I'll keep working on this, I need to tranfer my old user ASAP!

I want to say thank you Eddie

I am new to OSX86 community and when I found it may be possible to put OSX on my hardware I was happy. Like others that are new to this I found it quite difficult to get a working system. I started with Zephyroth's 10.5.2, but I never was able to get it installed. Then I found your release. It installed and I even choose a few options for install to see what would happen. It just worked.

I have not fine tuned it yet, but if anybody can tell me how to install kexts that I didn't choose when I ran the installer it would help greatly.

my rig is in my signature.

Again thanks for all your hard work. I have at least 4-5 completely different AMD rigs that I will be trying your installer on.

I will let you know how it goes.

Ok all doing some final testing on the PPF patch for those that want it. Here is the rundown of what was changed/fixed as of now. I will post a link in the wiki for the patch once I get it uploaded.

Changes/Fixes:

Fixed the Keyboard Language preferences.

Fixed AsianLanguagesSupport(I hope!) Please leave feedback.

Fixed "About this Mac" crashing Finder on some AMD machines. Again leave feedback if it is still crashes for you.

Improved Nvidia graphics support with updated kexts. Even my 8800 GTS 512 works with these. Still try at your own risk.

Added a script that is installed to the root of you directory called RemoveVideo. With this you can easily remove the video kexts should a problem arise. Simply boot into single user mode with the bootflag -s at the Darwin prompt. Type:

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
./RemoveVideo

Then type exit to continue booting.

If you choose no video driver options all video kext's are removed except ATINDRV.kext, this one is used by Software Updates to verify the Leopard Graphics update is applied. You will have to manually remove this one if needed.

I`m loving this release. With all other releases I had a problem with the OS not finding my disks and refusing to boot 50% of the time (which means I would have to restart it a time or three to get in), this one worked like a charm. The audio driver was also nice, it gave med mic in and optical (just missing analog 5.1, but thats no biggie with optical). The included nvinject 640mb driver apparantly did nothing, so I had to download it once installed but it worked so no biggie there. I also noticed the DVD itself tended to be a little slower the other releases with a damn heavy amount of seeking. An error on my end or have you done something to sort of spread data around to cause this?

I`m having an odd problem though, which might be unrelated to this specific release. I remember when I first was done installing there *was* an option for menu transparancy in the desktop and background preferences, but for some very strange reason that menu option has vanished out of thin air. I`m 100% sure I`m looking in the right place and I do have 10.5.2. A strange bug?