Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

Did you apply the PPF patch to the ISO? if not then you may need to remove a video kext that I missed initially. Did you make sure you chose the AMD system fix?

what PPF patch? ;O didnt know i was supposed to apply a patch to the iso?

how do i do that and where can i find it?

how do i remove the video kext?

yes i choosed the amd fix ;)

and i watch rly well now when i installed it agin and didnt get any errors as far as i could see

tried with the nvidia drivers this time.. still black screen.. they seemed to loaded though.

OT: does the tv-out work in osx? :)

what PPF patch? ;O didnt know i was supposed to apply a patch to the iso?

how do i do that and where can i find it?

yes i choosed the amd fix ;)

and i watch rly well now when i installed it agin and didnt get any errors as far as i could see

tried with the nvidia drivers this time.. still black screen.. they seemed to loaded though.

The patch fixes some bugs, and improved support for Nvidia Video cards on the DVD. Alternately you can visit the new Leo4All Wiki for some common issues and fixes.

The patch fixes some bugs, and improved support for Nvidia Video cards on the DVD. Alternately you can visit the new Leo4All Wiki for some common issues and fixes.

ok so im downloading the patch now.. how do i add that to the dvd?

where to put it?

cant u put it after the install ?

EDIT: ok so i found out.--. ppf-o-matic

gonna try it

EDIT2: ok so i tried the pach now i seems to get some kernel panic

"Debugger Called: <panic>"

then some texts

NVDARResman

IONDVRSupport

IOPCIFamily

IOGraphicsfamily

BSD process corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

something like that.. why is that?

EDIT2: ok so i did that

./RemoveVideo thingy and now it works.

i got myself a new hackintosh ^^

hope i can get all other stuff to work too

well well lets see to morro been up all night with this ;)

all worth it ^^

I have the files,will give you a link later tonight to try out. If it works I will add this to the list of things to add/update with next patch.

If you applied the patch to the ISO try installing those video drivers, they work fine on my 8800GTS 512. Sound you have to know what chipset it is to get a working solution.

Ok, thank you, followed a couple of instructions again, ending whith the same stripes, must do something wrong, can't wait to receive your files!

Oh I thought you uploaded it there since you said (in your other post) that it was in the same directory, ;-)

You will have to get it from other sources :rolleyes: like everyone else, I don't have it on the FTP.

okay .. got sound and resolution working.

used a Azalia_audio pkg. the azalia_audio in the installer didnt work for me ... so i found another. pm me if you want it..

for the graphics .. i found katana2c to atleast make me use the correct resolution (still no QE but software-CI)

BUT .. it only recognizes 48mb of the 256mb on the card.

Chipset Model: Radeon XPRESS 200M (PCIE)

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM(total): 48MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x5a62

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Color LCD:

Resolution: 1280x800 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Now for the strange part...

My network-card (RTL8139) doesnt connect. it gets an "selfassigned" ip...

it worked before .. now it doesnt.. very odd...

Now for the strange part...My network-card (RTL8139) doesnt connect. it gets an "selfassigned" ip... it worked before .. now it doesnt.. very odd...
Try manually setting your IP addresses. I did not change anything as far as network drivers goes. Only changed the video drivers.
Ok, thank you, followed a couple of instructions again, ending whith the same stripes, must do something wrong, can't wait to receive your files!

Ok give these a try.

ATI 2600PRO

ATI 2600XT & 3870

ATI 3850

Try manually setting your IP addresses. I did not change anything as far as network drivers goes. Only changed the video drivers.

Ok give these a try.

ATI 2600PRO

ATI 2600XT & 3870

ATI 3850

You are great, i've downloaded and installed the most logic one in my case:ATI-3870-2600XT after installed the driver and did a reboot, both my monitor's where detected and i'm running in dual head mode now. Thank you so much. Later this day i will post my full configuration so other's can see another configuration that's running Leopard smoothly!

In a couple of Natit forums there was mentioned the very hight temperature of 3870 cards. My temperature is fine (can hold my hand on the cooling fan whithout burning myselve) and i'm using a factory default fan whith the speed decreased to 50% whith a kind of dimmer

Hi.

I installed Leo4All on my PC:

Intel Core2Dou E6400

Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

2GB DDR2 RAM

500GB S-ATA2 Samsung HDD

Mainboard: MSI P965 Neo

The installation was completed and my Computer had a reboot.

But when Leo is booting, I get the error "System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist not found"...

Why I get this error and how I can boot Leo?

Plz help!

Jannomag

PS: sry for my bad English ^^ I'm German and it's simple school English!

As promised, my config, currently running Leo4All-10.5.2

Gigabyte GA-X38-DS5 (Bios version upgraded to F6)

AC Ryan USB2.0 internal Cardreader (working)

2 WDSE16,500GB sata striping (1 TB) (not working yet, booting from another disk)

1 WD3200ks sata(works)

intel E6850 default clocks

4 OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Reaper HPC Edition (4 gb total works fine)

Club3d Radeon HD3870 Overklocked, GDDR4, 512MB

IIyama 18,1" AS4612UT running at 1280 x 1024

Samsung Syncmaster 24" running at 1920 x 1200

What I had to do to get things work:

After the fresh install: removed the ATI* files in order to get a boot screen

Found en installed drivers for:

Realtek NIC

Realtec AUDIO (Running stereo mode only, I will search for a driver supporting 5.1 / 7.1 audio)

Radeon 3870 via this topic thanks to Eddy2c

You are great, i've downloaded and installed the most logic one in my case:ATI-3870-2600XT after installed the driver and did a reboot, both my monitor's where detected and i'm running in dual head mode now. Thank you so much. Later this day i will post my full configuration so other's can see another configuration that's running Leopard smoothly!

In a couple of Natit forums there was mentioned the very hight temperature of 3870 cards. My temperature is fine (can hold my hand on the cooling fan whithout burning myselve) and i'm using a factory default fan whith the speed decreased to 50% whith a kind of dimmer

Glad they are working for you. Next time I do a patch I will include these. I had read about the temperature thing too and was weary of including them.

Hi.

I installed Leo4All on my PC:

Intel Core2Dou E6400

Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 320MB

2GB DDR2 RAM

500GB S-ATA2 Samsung HDD

The installation was completed and my Computer had a reboot.

But when Leo is booting, I get the error "System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist not found"...

Why I get this error and how I can boot Leo?

Plz help!

Jannomag

PS: sry for my bad English ^^ I'm German and it's simple school English!

Try turning AHCI off in your BIOS. You may need to re-install though with it off.

Well I just retested with the latest update on my Intel machine. Took only about 15 minutes total and everything I needed worked straight from the DVD. My network card worked as always(perfect with DHCP) with the AppleRTL8169. I even installed some other languages to make sure they show up properly in keyboard preferences.

ok.need help

spent 4 days to download everything now unrarx give me crc failed at part5.iso means it is damaged.Anyone can give alink to that part so I could try to unrar again..I haven't enough band for redownload everything!! :-((

I don't find AHCI in my BIOS.

I have a MSI Phoenix BIOS like this one: Phoenix_-_AwardBIOS_CMOS_Setup_Utility.jpg

If I'm not mistaking: it's under your advanced settings whit your drive options (RAID/AHCI/DISABLED) I'm going to check this the next time i reboot. I'm busy trying my new leo4all now, but I'm sure that I've to reboot within an hour

I've found a Point with RAID, IDE and NONE.

But there is now AHCI.

When I activate "RAID", than I get the same error. With IDE too, and with NONE, my PC want to boot from network. When I deactivate the network booting, than the PC don't boot anything.

ok.need helpspent 4 days to download everything now unrarx give me crc failed at part5.iso means it is damaged.Anyone can give alink to that part so I could try to unrar again..I haven't enough band for redownload everything!! :-((
If you delete the bad file and restart the torrent it will just get that one.
When I disable this point, I get the same error.I now trying a new installation. This may take about a half hour.
What motherboard is this?

eddie11c:

when i first installed leo4all .. it worked out of the box.. no problems at all.. will try to reinstall it later tonight .. and see if it works before i install katana or soundcard..

very strange .. but ive been readin that more ppl havin the same issues with the rtl8139card..

I've the normal Neo. Not the Neo-F.

Mac is now reinstalling...I will test it with the disabled IDE BLOCK MODE and if that doesn't work, I will update my BIOS.

But can I do this from another PC, wich have not an MSI board and without a Floppy?

It's a MSI p965 NEO

Well everything I have found for this motherboard says it has an integrated AHCI controller with 4 SATA Ports. Are your BIOS up to date?

quoting for a page with the specs for MSI P965 Neo Technical Specifications

Intel ICH8 Southbridge

4 x SATA 3.0Gbps interface

JMicron JMB361 SATA/IDE Controller

2 x Ultra ATA 33/66/100/133 (data transfer rate up to 133MB/sec.)

1 x SATA 3.0Gbps interface

Supports AHCI and NCQ

Link to some specs here