Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

eddie11d, can you please tell me how you made the installer change the com.Apple.boot.plist to include the -v switch? I want to modify your install to also include the GFX string for my graphics card.

I would be eternally grateful :(

eddie11d, can you please tell me how you made the installer change the com.Apple.boot.plist to include the -v switch? I want to modify your install to also include the GFX string for my graphics card.

I would be eternally grateful :P

As i stated in the nfo that was included. You can use the program I included called BBEdit to open and modify it in place, it will prompt for the password when you go to save it. This is the quickest way.

As i stated in the nfo that was included. You can use the program I included called BBEdit to open and modify it in place, it will prompt for the password when you go to save it. This is the quickest way.
I haven't had a chance to take a look at it because the download finished just before I left for work today. From what I understand though, this technique lets you modify the plist after it is installed and on your hard drive. I'm already aware of how to do that. What I'm asking is how do you change the installer DVD itself so when I install Leopard it -automatically- adds my changes, so that I can get my 8800GT working with full support right out of the box.

My goal is to create a custom 10.5.2 disk that has all the kext files for my particular rig so if I need to reinstall its just as easy to do as a real mac. The problem is I have no idea how to modify the boot plist to include the GFX string without manually doing it. I want to avoid this step and just have it installed via the DVD itself.

I haven't had a chance to take a look at it because the download finished just before I left for work today. From what I understand though, this technique lets you modify the plist after it is installed and on your hard drive. I'm aware of how to do that. What I'm asking is how do you change the installer DVD itself so when I install Leopard it -automatically- adds my changes, so that I can get my 8800GT working with full support right out of the box.

Honestly the easiest way for you to do it would be this:

Modify a copy that has the settings you want.

Copy it to the root of the DVD.

Once finished installing open terminal and copy it over to your drive.

Reboot.

Honestly the easiest way for you to do it would be this:

Modify a copy that has the settings you want.

Copy it to the root of the DVD.

Once finished installing open terminal and copy it over to your drive.

Reboot.

But I thought your install disk has a modified boot plist that includes the -v kernel flag already in it. Kalyway and iATKOS's disks do not do this. Can I not just find that particular file on your disk and replace it with my own?

I thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. Forgive me, but I'm still not familiar with these advanced requests. I'm trying to figure this all out.

The modified file is located in a package, so you would have to make your own replacement package to do so. I will not go into details here on how to do so. As I don't want people going beyond their expertise and breaking the install disk.

The modified file is located in a package, so you would have to make your own replacement package to do so. I will not go into details here on how to do so. As I don't want people going beyond their expertise and breaking the install disk.
Fair enough. I'd actually ask you these things over PM but I don't believe they're working for me. Could you at the very least link to something I may be able to use, like a guide on to create packages to replace files with the proper permissions when booting off the DVD? It may not be within my expertise, but I'm a fast learner and this is the *last* step to make the perfect 10.5.2 disk for myself.

If I could I'd beg on my knees for this information. Breaking an install DVD is the least of my concerns, because I always have the original to go back to. I've been working hard to learn all I can about OSx86 and have a near-perfect rig thanks to all the help on these forums.

(Also, I've been programing java and C++ while taking advanced computer science classes and have already modified to hell my own custom XP install disk whenever I want Windows running. On top of reading many guides on the osx86scene forums, I'm fairly confident about this, so I'm not just an average joe :P )

check your pm's I will assist you later tonight.
I did, and appreciate your help. Am I close to say that the plist is installed with the EFI installer package on the DVD? If that's the case, would I be able to create another package with the simple goal of replacing this file with proper permissions? Keep in mind that this is a custom install for myself, not necessarily everyone else. Maybe in time I'll learn how to make my own public distro, but I want to take it one step at a time.

Eddie...

WOW dude. I'm so glad you came along man :-)

This is the first and only version of OSX I've been able to install on my laptop (Tried Zep's Rev1, Iatkos ir2, jas 10.4.7... ). I have an Emachine m6805 I'm posting this from it actually running your release.

So check this. All installed nicely...

- Sound works (but when testing the system sounds (clicking through them) it stutters a bit sometimes).

- Wireless worked right off the bat (event PSK encryption)!

- Graphics.... this is where it's odd.

` Two things .. I get a ghosting of sorts every once in a while. Almost like getting a 'spec' of the previous window in place until I move another window over it... if that makes sense.

` And next this laptop runs an odd resolution 1280x800. The only one I see is 1024x768

One random piece of weirdness is that when I go Apple Menu > About This Mac... the GUI seems to restart as if it partially crashed.

Can't wait for feedback! Thanks again Eddie!

Can't wait to play.

You might want to re-install but select no video drivers

once booted into OS X install pacifist and install the drivers with it

At least that worked for me with Zephroyths

I'm downloading now I will report back

Downloading, and WILL seed this copy of leopard. I have gotten nearly every other distribution so far, and each version of them, none of which have decided to work regardless of how much I did to make them. Hopefully your's will be the final one I have to download :)

Here's to high hopes

So far using the Leo4All disc on an Asus G1S-B1 I get about the same results as a Kalyway disc, Instant reboot when it starts to load OSX (right after it transfers from Disc to Memory) Will keep tinkering around to find out whats up...

thx a lot, this is by far the best Leo-Installer, probably most people shouldn't have it, but

using a Hackintosh made me buy a real one :angel: !

Great you managed to keep the languages and missed out on the HipHop-Part.

regards,

DrDeelay!

So far using the Leo4All disc on an Asus G1S-B1 I get about the same results as a Kalyway disc, Instant reboot when it starts to load OSX (right after it transfers from Disc to Memory) Will keep tinkering around to find out whats up...

You running an older P4? I have an old laptop I was messing around with that does the same thing. It is an issue with the CPU not being compatible with the kernel. All the modified kernels are SSE2/SSE3 but older P4's that are SSE2 have issues. Your best bet is using an older Tiger release if you want OSX.

I get it jam up at the 'About 2 minutes' remaining point - the optical drive just keeps seeking and no further progress is made. I left it for about 3/4 hours yesterday with no result, just tried again (with much fewer options, core system and no third-party drivers this time) and don't have any more luck. :D

Tried two unRAR & DVD burns, unless it's the image? The DVD verification on the installer works tho. I'm just playing around with some of the install options, getting more & more bare-bones every time.

Tried two unRAR & DVD burns, unless it's the image? The DVD verification on the installer works tho. I'm just playing around with some of the install options, getting more & more bare-bones every time.

Check the MD5 Checksum of the ISO. At the end of the install it runs diskutility repair permissions on the drive. So it could be a problem with your hard drive. Unfortunately the bootloader has not been installed at this point. So you can't just restart and boot into it. You could wait till it hangs, reboot with the DVD and install EFI/mark the partition active from the terminal.

Just finished installing works great on my build: see signature for specs. Only thing I did was added my audio kext in the extentions and the Nvidia support for my card but works great! good job Eddie11c on your distro (I like the extra software included)

Eddie, this is Redliner here...I tested Leo4All off the old V2 Beta and got it to run first try on my HP/Compaq P4 2.8 GHz (no model on case)

it has 512mb ram, SLEEP WORKS (but makes a weird clicking noise-possibly the hard drive)running GUID-MBR, NETKAS Kernel, azalea audio, ICHx fix. NVinject and 10.5.2 kexts...Nvidia 6200 with 128mb Vram, full QE/etc... 40 gig hd. using both PS/2 mouse and keyboard.

everything works but it's slow and I only get around 80 with xbench. wich I appreciate you including in the package.

here is a copy of the system identifier attached

& Xbench scores

test_info.zip

For those with video issues, look around these forums, you should find a fix for almost any video card.

If you installed the included applications, open the one up called invisibles. Click Visible to see the hidden files/folders on your drives. Once done you can open it again and click invisible to set it back to normal. The packages for the install are located on the DVD at /system/installation/packages.

Thank you very much