Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[SSE2/SSE3]

eddie11c

1,392 posts in this topic

OK checking in, I will be back a bit later for more help. I cautioned very much against using the video drivers I included. As they are very hit or miss. Try searching the net for a know working version for you specific graphic card.

If your on a laptop and getting no display after loading into the installer, you may need to hook up an external display to see whats going on. This problem has been around a long time and I have not yet seen a solid fix. If you find a video driver for your card it may fix this.

If you get errors about loading Extensions.mkext but it was working fine on another machine it sounds like your DVD player is the cause.

Vesmes it sounds like you installed some video drivers, that happens if they are not compatible. Boot with -s and remove them. Lots of tutorials on these forums on how to do so.

Hi all,

I look for the following drivers:

Video cards: GMA 950, ATI X600

Audio Cards: ALC206 and ALC 883 HDA

Wireless Cards: Atheros 5005G and Intel Wireless (i dont know this model)

Network Cards: Broadcom and Intel network cards (i dont know this models)

Someone know if this release contains this drivers?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

eddie11c, don't you think it is time to create a Universal Release for Laptop/Notebook/Tablet PC users? They seem to be the only ones in the boat now. Its time to be open to them too, you know. We can help. =) ;)

Ati HD 2400 driver :censored2: any1 got this card to confirm its working?
You are really going to have to dig deeper into that for searching kexts via google.
Hi all,I look for the following drivers:Video cards: GMA 950, ATI X600Audio Cards: ALC206 and ALC 883 HDAWireless Cards: Atheros 5005G and Intel Wireless (i dont know this model)Network Cards: Broadcom and Intel network cards (i dont know this models)Someone know if this release contains this drivers?Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Ok for those wondering about the SUID error in disk utility. This is a know issue since I am applying the 10.5.2 update through the install disk. It is nothing to worry about, some people get the error even after applying the official patch on real macs.

eddie11c, don't you think it is time to create a Universal Release for Laptop/Notebook/Tablet PC users? They seem to be the only ones in the boat now. Its time to be open to them too, you know. We can help. =) -_- You are really going to have to dig deeper into that for searching kexts via google.

Well if you could figure out why my Toshiba A215 laptop won't load the installer....there seems to be no solution available anywhere so until a really good coder buys the same laptop and figures something out, I'm stuck...atleast until toshiba updates the bios.

Vesmes it sounds like you installed some video drivers, that happens if they are not compatible. Boot with -s and remove them. Lots of tutorials on these forums on how to do so....

My Laptop is runing on Intel GM965 Chipset, i dont choose any Video Drivers when Install DVD.

I dont know what and how to remove in -s mode :(

Using the Search im not geting any solution for my problem, im realy noobish in this :unsure: Everyone talks about GM950, Noting about GM965.

Worth a try. You can't find out unless you try right? =)

WinLinMac01, alright..

If i try the video drivers to 10.4.x in 10.5.x I will have success?

Hey I am unsure about your chipset, all I can say if give it a try. Part of the problem I found with some other releases was the AppleNforce was not placed into IOATAFamily on the DVD. This caused even my Nforce chipset to spew the message that mine was not supported by the kext. This release works with mine though but I am 055010de. If it does now work for you let me know. I will try and find out more info as to wether there is a fix for it.

To those that were part of the beta test, thanks for the work. I hope your systems are running as well as mine is.

Thx for yr reply, I will try after downloading, right now only 4.5%, my speed is too slow 6kb/s for down and 9kb/s for up. there is only 2 seed .... 25 peers

Testing this release on the Hack Below, on a separate partition. I will test on a few intel machines as well.

If all goes well this will be the DVD of choice for me in future. Currently Zeph Leopard(AMD) and Kalyway(intel) are my preferred.

Thank you very much for the wonderful release. Quick question though. I'm still knew to this, how can I add certain package(driver) after the install is done. For example adding a certain sound driver after the install is finished. I tried browsing the DVD but only the install option is available.

Thanks Again

I have a few questions, the install went great everything works sound ethernet video, the only thing i have noticed is that the desktop seems cluttered and not much space to see document and webpages, 1024x768 is my only choice for resolution is there anything about that to help with this and also the graphics seem a bit slow any fix for this, my graphics card is nvidia gforce 6200 thank you

For those with video issues, look around these forums, you should find a fix for almost any video card.

If you installed the included applications, open the one up called invisibles. Click Visible to see the hidden files/folders on your drives. Once done you can open it again and click invisible to set it back to normal. The packages for the install are located on the DVD at /system/installation/packages.