Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD Succes Or Problem Thread

microsoft whiz

497 posts in this topic

I suspect a lot of the SAM MULTIMEDIA errors that some are getting are related the version of MeDevils nForce driver included on this release. Only just recently MeDevil fixed the problem allowing certain nForce chipsets to properly mount and read discs from SATA DVD drives. I seem to get the SAM error immediately after the driver is loaded and cant continue to installation. I'm going to try an old IDE DVD drive tomorrow to confirm this.

check out my specs and the same error within the last picture of my installation process. i've posted a thread here. no nForce on my MoBo, still the same error...

ok, so i accidentally screwed a .kext file up for my ps2 keyboard now I can't do anything in leopard. How do you rename a kext file without getting into leopard ?

Edit: I have tried 5 ways to get rid of this ApplePS2.kext file through terminal and none of them are working. I DO NOT want to format.... someone, please help me... :D

Install MacDrive on the XP partition. I hear tell it gives you access to your HFS+ drive. In theory, that should allow you to fix it.

OR, you could always boot off the DVD. Rename things from there.

Might be easier, actually. :)

I have no sound :-(

Anybody got SoundMax Audio working on the VIA chipset.. ? or has pointers for me ?

I tried some kext editing with dev its etc.. now the AppleAC97Via.kext loads but no sound still..

Otherwise the installation is working nice !

Success on Pure AMD/ATI System...well almost...only one cpu core working ;(

PC: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (AM2) (only one core seems to work-systemprofiler reports 1 core x-bench cpu test very low)

Graphics: Sapphire HD3870 QE/CI working 100% all resolutions (motherboard onboard graphics disabled I think its and x1200 or X1400)

Motherboard: MSI K9AG Neo2 MS-7368 (AMD 690G Chipset and SB600 southbridge)

Sound:Working-drivers on the disc I forgot which one

Onboard Lan:Working native OSX (realtek 8139 or 8169 I forget)

Had to inject ATI SB600 southbridge drivers to the Install DVD to see the hard drive on install, then reinstall the drivers after OSX setup.

SATA ports configured as AHCI in bios and HPET also disabled in bios.

Installed from IDE DVD/CD burner (If I had a sata DVD drive maybe wouldn't have had to inject the SB600 driver since the SATA ports are all working as Generic AHCI)

Installed on GUID/GPT partition with EFI 8 (had to install EFI again manually after the install to make it bootable)

Graphics HD3870 working full QE/CI with new Natit from netkas and Leopard Graphics update (no other drivers needed)

CPU overclocked to 2.4ghz with 2 GB ddr2 800mhz memory (memory running at full speed)

The system profiler reports cpu at 2.1 and only one core working... I think I need a new AppleSMBIOS.kext

I checked the boot.plist to see if cpu core was disabled (nope)

If I can just get the other cpu core working this is one great budget Hackintosh system.

With only one core working it scores 124 on Xbench which isn't too bad.

Anyone got any ideas to get the other cpu core working?

I hope it's not a case of unsupported northbridge AMD690.

MB: MSI K9N Ultra nForce 570

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 64 3800+

Graphic: nVidia GeForce 7600GT

Audio: Realtek HD Audio (ALC883)

LAN: nVidia nForce Networking controller

Everything works fine, except LAN.

Try forcedeth-nockd with dev id editing :) At least it works for me

Is this posible when i want to update Leopard Graphics Update v1 ? Anybody try it ?

I did it, and paid the price. Upon completion of install it gave the you need to power off and restart error, and repeatedly did so after rebooting. So NOT recommended.

AAAHHH! It seems to be installing and it has stalled for three times at only 4 minutes remaining. Anybody have any idea what i can do to get past this. I am using zephyroth 10.5.2 rev 1. Maybe it is the options I am using at customize. My specs are below, can anyone help me choose the right ones? Thanks. Also when i formatted the drive i chose the mac extended (journaled), is that the right one? Any help is greatly appreciated. So close!!!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...=en&lang=en

MB: Asus A8N-E

CPU: AMD Athlon 3700 @ 2.2ghz

Graphic: nVidia GeForce 7800GT

Audio: Realtek Audio (ALC850)

LAN: nVidia nForce Networking controller

Everything worked fine from the start. Had to swap out ps2 KB and mouse for USB for the install to work but after that it was fine.

Shame Creative suck ballz so BADLY with driver support though.

hi.. sorry for my english.. i'm italian :huh:

i have the 10.5.1 already installated on my pc.. if possible, can i update my computer at 10.5.2 with EFI??? i have already tried the update at 10.5.2 but i always reboot a kernel panic.... the problem is a sata drive?? (hitachi 160gb)

Horray, got passed the waiting on root device. I went from MBR to GUID and it booted. But, another problem. My USB isn't reconised at all.

Did you update the .kext as I said...?.

No, I didn't have to. I wanted to try different approaches first and I never tried to use the guid option. For the usb, first I'll see if my usb is set right in the bios, if not I'll have to update the usb kext. But there are no chipset kexts for the xpress 200 under the installer, which if I have network I can try to find some for the xpress 200, unless there are none available?

Hi everybody !

I can't make it work, even if the installation goes right for me, I always get the INSTALLATION WAS SUCCESSFULL !

I tried checking TOH 9.2 or not, MBR with EFI, GUID with EFI, always successfull install, and when I restart, I always get this :

DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER...

Any idea ?

My configuraiton :

SHUTTLE SN25P

AMD 4600 X2 +

2Gb DDR

MAXTOR 200 G ATA

NVIDIA 7800 GTX 512 Mb

No, I didn't have to. I wanted to try different approaches first and I never tried to use the guid option. For the usb, first I'll see if my usb is set right in the bios, if not I'll have to update the usb kext. But there are no chipset kexts for the xpress 200 under the installer, which if I have network I can try to find some for the xpress 200, unless there are none available?

Dang!.Great news man!... :P .

Tux, is the 7300GS using 128-bit memory, or 64-bit memory? I'm looking for a cheap video card that has ci/qe, my X1900 died recently..=[

Also, if updating a kext, do I need second osx installation? Or is there some way I could do it through another OS like windows?

Graphics HD3870 working full QE/CI with new Natit from netkas and Leopard Graphics update (no other drivers needed)

With what method did you install Leopard Graphics update? And did you just kext helper for natit?

Well, going into the bios, and retor default parameters make me go to the b0 error now...

I tried to activate the partition, and then doing this :

1 - Boot with the DVD.

2 - Press F8, then type "-s"

3 - type "cd /usr/standalone/i386"

4 - type "./startupfiletool -v /dev/diskXsY ./boot_v8" (X is the disk number and Y is the partition number on which you installed Leo)

5 - Reboot

I now get the blinking _ ...

What's next ?

Hi all,

this is my configuration :

ASROCK AM2NF3 VSTA

Athlon 64X2 4200+

My problem is :

I can"t boot the new AMD EFI 10.5.2 Zephyroth on my system ..; because it always freezes on the blank OSX page (which ask you to reboot) and with the -x command it freezes on the blank page (but without asking you to reboot)..

i've also tried this :

1 - Boot with the DVD.

4 - type "./startupfiletool -v /dev/diskXsY ./boot_v8" (X is the disk number and Y is the partition number on which you installed Leo)

5 - Reboot

But it freezes when i want to boot with -s

What's the problem with my configuration ?

Do i have to change something on my system ?

thanks a lot !!!!!

My AMD system boots from DVD (Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI).

Trouble is getting the installer to work. I can't select customize for the disk or install options. Get the spinning beachball of death. If I go with the default install, the installer craps out.

Hardrive was partitioned MBR.

Any ideas?

Well, going into the bios, and retor default parameters make me go to the b0 error now...

I tried to activate the partition, and then doing this :

1 - Boot with the DVD.

5 - Reboot

I now get the blinking _ ...

What's next ?

I get the blinking "_" as well. This is where I'm stuck. If anybody knows what this means, it would be amazing for us to know hehe.

:D

Hello everybody

After a lot of work, asking about efi and my amd phehom 2.2 Ghz (I cant never boot efi, allways instant reboot) ...

I restored 10.5.2 amd efi to a usb hd from my laptop, installed darwin boot loader (without efi), and change the extensions mkext with the one from amd 10.5.1, modified iousbfamily to intel one, added nforceata from amd 10.5.2. Boot from usb in amd phenom desktop, installed to a sata hd, the replace kernel with netkas 9.2 kernel, appleacpiplatform, system, appleapic and applesmbios from amd 10.5.1. Install manually darwin bootloader and the result is:

Boot to gui, with loop creation account error. Pass this with -s and passwd root and applesetupdone.

Boot again...

And now I have a 10.5.2 with all working like a charm... and i dont have the 2 minutes wait to gui issue. come in gui very fast.

My specs:

AMD Phenom 2.2 Ghz 4 cores (all cores works)

3 gb ram 667

Asrock aliveNF6P-VSTA (nforce 430 MCP61)

3 HD SATA

DVD RW DL SATA

G80 8800GTS 320 MB QE/CI

Logitech Cordless Desktop

All USB Ports work, conceptronic usb tdt working with eyetv 3, nforce ethernet working with forcedeth-nockd.kext and cretive usb XI-FI working OOB.

Thanks to zephyrot for his good work, and If my experience helps someone, I can say that efi is not the only way.

bye

my specs:

AMD64 X2 6400+

Abit KN9 Sli nForce570

4x1Gb Kingston DDR2 667 Dual Channel

Saphire Ati 3870 512mb DDR4

PATA seagate 160GB 7200rpm

HD Audio ACL883

Syncmaster 20" 1680x1050

i can't get past a black screen on boot.... it's like Leo can't get the resolution right... just got a black screen and white stripes!! i don't know what to do!!! :rolleyes: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO TO SOLVE THIS? please help!