Video: onboard, intergrated ATI X1250

DSC02516.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x8/scottath/DSC02516.jpg

Sorry for the big image, don't know how to make smaller trough the forums tags

Dosen't get any further:

Original Zephyroth 10.5.2 disk

If you need anything else, just ask

scottath

Specs: Asus A8N SLI Deluxe; AMD 64 4000+; 1.5GB DDR 400 (dual Channel); Leaktek 7600GT;

I've installed on both SATA and IDE HDDs with the same results. I've used both SSE3 Kernels, forcedeath, nforce, AC97, 10.5.2 Nvidia Kext +256MB Nvinject and installation goes perfectly, I boot into Leopard with everything working. I can leave the computer running for days with no problem.

My problem is (I believe downloading causes it) the system will randomly crash giving me the screen to hold the power button down. Everytime it happens, I've got several apps open working on various things but the one consistent aspect is that there has always been a download taking place. System Profilier does not show any problems (that I can see).

This is frustrating because the system seems to run perfectly minus these lockups.

Any ideas?

Hi all!

I installed Zephyroth Leo 10.5.2 on my computer:

ASUS M2N DH

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

IDE DVD RW

IDE HDD - LEOPARD 10.5.2

SATA HDD - WIN XP

During the installation I selected only efi for mbr (mbr partition table).

Chain0 is on XP HDD.

10.4.10 worked great, but after installing 10.5.2 I can't boot on Leo - CHAIN BOOTING ERROR.

Please, help!

Installation without efi give the same result :(

Hello,

i installed "Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2" after first problems with booting the system now works good.

But i have no Sound and no wired Network:

- Sound driver (ADI1981HD/ATI Technologies Inc SB450 HDA Audio) - not working

- LAN (Broadcom 57xx) - not working

I have also installed on another Partition Tiger 10.4.9 and I use for sound the AzaliaAudio.kext and for LAN the AppleBCM5751Ethernet2.kext and it works.

My question is can i use the .kext from the 10.4.9 System to the 10.5.2 System?

- Is this depending on the Kernel?

- Where i get the 2 driver for 10.5.2 or can i make the driver self?

My specs:

HP Notebook NX6325

Mac version 10.4.9 uphuck v1.3

Mac version 10.5.2 AMD ZyphAMD

Turion™ 64 X2 TL-56 (1,8 GHz)

2 GB DDR2 / 667ATI Radeon Express 1150

ATI SB400 S-ATA (60 GB HDD, DVD-RW)

Lan card (Broadcom 57xx)

Wireless card (Broadcom BCM43xx)

SoundMax (ADI1981HD)

Synaptics Touchpad 6

Installed 10.5.2 On the following system.

ABIT KV8 Max3 Mobo

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (754) Venice core (SSE3).

2x512 Gb DDR2 RAM (reported on LEO as 2Gb!!! (1Gb per slot)???!!!! (Any suggestions).

NV 7600GS AGB (256MB) Working (QE/CI supported) but no AGP up to now.

Integrated sound (AC97) Working (but speech not working!!) (using AC97 Drivers option)

Network Working (skge.kext)

Notes:

Had to reinstall several times (A lot of crashes during setup if I select all needed stuff).

at the end I added only VIA Drivers and MBR EFI.

Some crashes during setup (as reported on the history window). Setup stalled at the very end. But system did start after reboot.

After the system configuration wizards I installed the remaining Drivers (Nvidia, Network and Audio) using pacifist. Run Marvin and repaired permuissions just in case. Also replaced DevIds in the NV* and Ge* kexts. After that system booted properly with QE/CE support sound and network.

PC: AMD Athlon64 x2 Dual Core 3800+

Graphics: Inno3D Geforce 7300GT 256mb DDR2 PCIe QE/CI supported

Mobo: Elitegroup C51GM-M Northbridge C51PV/G Southbridge MCP51/G

Sound: AC97 Audio built-in Works? YES

Extra items selected during install: AC97 Audio driver, NVidia Chipset driver, NVinject drivers, MBR bootloader

Overall/Summary: Works OOTB but has some kinks. Front Row inadvertedly stops when movie trailer finishes. 'About This Mac' crashes. USB devices mounts ok.

I tried the solution on making About This Mac work, but after applying the patch, USB devices stopped working. That's the only quirk I have of this build so far. Everything else I've encounered I've managed to find good solutions for.

My question remains this; Howto implement the About This Mac solution without affecting USB devices not being mounted?

Overall, I appreciate all the hard work you guys have been doing. More power.

Successfull install.

First of all, I'd like to join everyone and thanks Zephyroth for all the time he puts in this project. This release is awesome.

I installed 10.5.2, and everything seem good so far.

My specs:

OS X: Leopard 10.5.2 R1 by Zephyroth

Board: EVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX NF4

Memory: 2GB OCZ Platinum

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo

Graphic: MSI GeForce 7800 GTX 256 (now working with NVInject 0.2.1/10.5.2 kext also QE/CI)

Integrated Audio: AC97

HD: WD 160GB

DVD - IDE CW-8123-C Slot Drive from iMac

My install options:

MBR formatted in DISK UTILITY, Kernel 9.2.0, EFI (MBR), Forcedeth.kext, NVidia+NVinject, Azelia Audio (removed), NForce Chipset.

The install did hang at 1 minute (had to hard reboot), and rebooting from DVD + reinstalling with same options trick didn't make it finish completely, but it worked nonetheless.

The first time I used the AC97 but it didn't worked, so I tried Azelia, and it didn't worked either. From there I just deleted Azelia, and use the ALC850-Install.zip floating around, and this time it kicked in ;) .

BTW, I tried to use my Pioneer SATA DVD drive first to install from the DVD but got a "Waiting for root device" stuck. Using a IDE slot drive picked from a broken iMac here worked like a charm (just a bit noisy).

Also, I got random Kernel Panic on my first day of use. After looking at the log, I shut down the widgets board with ONYX, and so far got no crash. Another user suggested to replace forcedeth.kext with Forcedeth_nockd.kext.

UPDATE: I did reinstall from scratch, but this time using GUID formatting and GUID EFI. Installation process finished this time, and everything booted and worked from the very first boot. :)

I get an error while booting...

Specs:

Sempron 64 2800+ @ 2200mhz (SSE3)

Epox 8npa7i

ATI X700Pro

I read something about EFI, pc just resets itself..., tried booting some times and i get the same error, cannot read it tho...

Does anybody know anything about it?

Got Working on my computer, only thing not working is Ethernet waiting for my new card

PC: Home Built

Graphics: EVGA Nvidia 7900 GTO

Mobo: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe

Sound: Yes

AMD Athlon X2 4200+

2GB Corsair

150GB WD Sata (Vista)

150GB WD Sata (Leopard)

Overall/Summary: (did it work for u?)

Installed it...everything was runing fine other than a longer boot time..did an update(quicktime, i life, itune etc..) Idvd (does not recognize any file type i try to put in (tiff, m4v,psd)quits on me, safari quits on me, and imovieof course. tried to replace the original quicktime.component, imovie works but my proiblem remained the same. Stoopid :rolleyes: me tried to update to compressor 1.2 and the graphics update..BOOM !!upon pressing restart, panic. From then on panic all the way....did not restart, not even in safe(i got stuck in some invalid cls, I believe, from page 8 and was going randomly to page 171) . Luckily I had an image so I am back to 10.5.1 Gonna use it for a while till things smooth out :D:D:P .====================

ASUS A8N5X. ATHLON 3000+. 3 Gig ram. 8600GT dual DVI (both working with patched kext) . 2 Acer AL1917W widescreen.Sound works with AC97 kext.My Audigy platinum is collecting dust other than the firewire ports that the OS picked up. 2 Hd(pata) 120 for OSX, 80 for Xp64bit (I think it's a fast and smooth OS) in VMware

2 DVD Burners(pata). Onboard lan does not work even with Forcedeth however an old 3com works right after installation(no mod needed) an Intel-based chipset RTL8100 works. Microsucks nat ergo kbrd, Microsucks wireless mouse with Finger print reader (they need to make the finger print reader drivers and software for the mac darn it). I stiill have L,R and sub from my Creative 5.1 and 3 USB drive 500 (for music) 320 (for apps)250 for the rest of my junks..... Ps I envy my cousin with his Mac pro 8core and 2tb of space and huge aple displays.....

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=90771

--------------------------

ok hey everyone. I need some help with this install of leo. Let me explain what has happended...

I poped in the DVD it booted fine and choose the options "ToH Kernal SSE3 9.2.0", "ToH Kernal SSE3 9.1.0", and the mbr option. Nothing else was selected. I then procceded wiht installation and let it do its thing. After thatit restarted itself and then it get stuck with the gray screen with the apple and the loading icon..

so.... I did a -v and here is what I got:

post-192113-1204247735_thumb.jpg

post-192113-1204247719_thumb.jpg

Also here are the computer specs:

here cpuz.htm and

here Computer Specs for Lenovo 3000 J115

Please someone start to guide me in the right direction!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=90771

--------------------------

ok hey everyone. I need some help with this install of leo. Let me explain what has happended...

I poped in the DVD it booted fine and choose the options "ToH Kernal SSE3 9.2.0", "ToH Kernal SSE3 9.1.0".

You must choose one or the other. The ToH Kernal SSE3 9.2.0 requires EFI to be installed. Did you select EFI as well? You can install EFI over an MBR partition. The easiest way to go further would be to Boot the DVD, then erase your partition and re-install. Make sure you select the EFI bootloader, ToH Kernal SSE3 9.2.0 or ToH Kernal SSE3 9.1.0 (choose one only), and MBR (if you prefer MBR).

You more than likely will get kernel panics afterwards due to your onboard video, but thats an easy fix.

Hi guys,....tried to install this Zephyroth 10.5.2 for my AMD but no luck...it's stuck always on Installing Essentials.pkg...with a strange message "Could not find LeoFix.pkg in /System/Installation/Packages..."

How can I pass over this...

I tried to look on dvd content...in /System subdirs....and ...it's true..the LeoFix.Pkg isn;t there.... ?!

PS: my mistake... i tried again to find that pkg..and ..it's there..

Another strange thing: On Disk Utility at installation my disks aren't detected..neither SATA or IDE... but in BIOS are..

What is wrong guys? ...

I've got an Asus M2N-MX SE board. The AMD Athlon X2 processor supports SSE3.

Specs

Chipset:                                     NVIDIA GeForce6100 / nForce430

RAM:                                          1GB DDR2

VGA:                                          Integrated GeForce 6100 GPU

Storage/RAID:                           NVIDIA MCP61P

LAN:                                           nForce PHY 10/100 LAN

Audio:                                        ALC662 High Definition Audio 6-channel CODEC

When choosing the custom components to install, the following are what I choose:

9.2.0 TOH Kernel

nForce 2/3/4/5 Chipset drivers

Azalia audio

nVidia 10.5.2 kexts and 128 MB nVInject 0.2.0 for the Graphics driver.

forcedeth LAN driver

EFI v8 + MBR bootloader. I've set up a MBR partition table.

The install hangs at "Time Remaining: About a minute". As mentioned in the Known Issues of Zephyroth's site: http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues, I hard reboot and without entering the Disk Utility again, I start the installation again (choosing the same custom options).

But, the installation hangs again at the same point.

Am I choosing the wrong custom options?

Should I not select any custom options the second time around?

What will happen if I select ALL 3rd party drivers?

Someone please help.

Thanks.

Anjan T.

I've got an Asus M2N-MX SE board. The AMD Athlon X2 processor supports SSE3.

Specs

Chipset:                                     NVIDIA GeForce6100 / nForce430

RAM:                                          1GB DDR2

VGA:                                          Integrated GeForce 6100 GPU

Storage/RAID:                           NVIDIA MCP61P

LAN:                                           nForce PHY 10/100 LAN

Audio:                                        ALC662 High Definition Audio 6-channel CODEC

When choosing the custom components to install, the following are what I choose:

9.2.0 TOH Kernel

nForce 2/3/4/5 Chipset drivers

Azalia audio

nVidia 10.5.2 kexts and 128 MB nVInject 0.2.0 for the Graphics driver.

forcedeth LAN driver

EFI v8 + MBR bootloader. I've set up a MBR partition table.

The install hangs at "Time Remaining: About a minute". As mentioned in the Known Issues of Zephyroth's site: http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues, I hard reboot and without entering the Disk Utility again, I start the installation again (choosing the same custom options).

Am I choosing the wrong custom options?

Should I not select any custom options the second time around?

What will happen if I select ALL 3rd party drivers?

Someone please help.

Thanks.

Anjan T.

I got the same problem. Just move the mouse around as it says "About 4 minutes" (till end). DON'T let your hackMac work alone (It sounds very silly ;) but it really worked for me :P ) and voila, here is the screen "Installation successful". Just press the Restart button :P but why is it so ;) ?????

Hope it work for you.

Continuing from my previous post, I should probably add that it doesn't hang always. Sometimes, when it says "Time Remaining: About a minute", the computer switches off. Then, on restart, if I try to boot from the Leopard partition, with -v, I get the following message as the last line before the computer becomes unresponsive (not an exact quote):

"...InterfaceName: no network interfaces found - could not update platform UUID".

Any ideas?

@Mr.Karamello: I'll try keeping the Mac installation occupied by moving the mouse. How sure are you that this actually helps? How many times has this happened?

Thanks.

Anjan T.

Well, here we go

at one point i had 10.5.2 sucesfully installed on my AMD system, however i had to format, and im running into one HUGE issue

Everytime i try to install I get to the "less than one minute left" part, and of coures it freezes, now i read that this is a common issue, and to just install again and it should ONLY install what wasnt installed on the first go around, however im running into this endless problem where i go to install, it keeps stalling with under one minute left, and then again i reboot reinstall, and its the same thing over and over again.

The first run through with this DVD it took 2 tries to install, however im up to try 5 and no dice. Anyone know what i can do to fix this?

Same here, but it did work anyway.

After several install attempt with different settings, I removed the "reboot and reinstall again" step from my routine. It might work for some, not me.

Try installing until that 1 minute hang, and when your dvd goes sleep, hard reboot and try your Leo from there.

Same here, but it did work anyway.

After several install attempt with different settings, I removed the "reboot and reinstall again" step from my routine. It might work for some, not me.

Try installing until that 1 minute hang, and when your dvd goes sleep, hard reboot and try your Leo from there.

I tried that one of the times, and once leopard tried to load it instant kicked me to that restart screen, though i cant remember if i tried with -x or straight up. Ill try again oncei get home, i know its possible to get it working because i did before with the same DVD on the same computer, something told me to clone the drive but of course i didnt :(

Graphics: 8600gts 256Mb 720MHz qe/ci working

Mobo: a8n-sli deluxe nforce 4

Sound: AC97 doesnt show up in "about this mac" but sound works off and on. once it works, i turn on itunes and play songs at zero itunes volume. while the songs play, all other sounds work. once it stops, it's give and take with the sound output.

Extra items selected during install: none.

Overall/Summary: I like it and all works fine. iLife08, Office 08, Adobe CS3 Premium, Logic Pro.

Warning: DO NOT upgrade quicktime. it will kill playback by internet plugins and VLC stops working

@Mr.Karamello: I'll try keeping the Mac installation occupied by moving the mouse. How sure are you that this actually helps? How many times has this happened?

Thanks.

Anjan T.

I reinstalled Leo 3 times with this "moving the mouse". I also tested without moving the mouse 3 times and installation hung each time at "about 4 minutes" or "about 1 minute". Like you, i cannot believe that :D

PC: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ (AM2)

Graphics: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 2600XT (works with Natit.kext)

Mobo: MSI K9AG Neo2-Digital

Sound: Realtek ALC888 (need patch ALC888Audio.mpkg)

Extra items selected during install:

I used some kext:

- AppleOnboardPCATA

- IOATAFamily

- SiliconImage3132r5 (this is just for my Raidcontroler DC-300e)

Overall/Summary: My Graphics don't work for install so i used the internal ATI X12... Card after finish start with -x boot flag to install the Natit.kext (the drivers from CD for HD 2600 won't work for this Card), finaly installed the rest of all to get ATA SATA and sound working, Lan works out of the Box and Firewire too.

Thx for this greate release but pleas built in all these patches .... greez draner

P.S.: all kext installed with Kext Helper b7

SB600 ATA SATA

natit.kext

Failure here.

PC: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (AM2)

Graphics: nvidia Geforce 8800GTS (320mb)

Motherboard: ASUS M2N-X

Sound: Realtek ALC 883

What happens for me is that I install Mac OS X just fine, I partition the HD as MBR, and then I set the MBR as the EFI in the customize section of the disc. I also select the 9.2.0 kernel. After I restart I just get the blinking cursor over and over again.

Is there any fix to this?

Failure here.

PC: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (AM2)

Graphics: nvidia Geforce 8800GTS (320mb)

Motherboard: ASUS M2N-X

Sound: Realtek ALC 883

What happens for me is that I install Mac OS X just fine, I partition the HD as MBR, and then I set the MBR as the EFI in the customize section of the disc. I also select the 9.2.0 kernel. After I restart I just get the blinking cursor over and over again.

Is there any fix to this?

1 - Boot with the DVD.

2 - Press F8, then type "-s"

3 - type "cd /usr/standalone/i386"

4 - type "./startupfiletool -v /dev/diskXsY ./boot_v8" (X is the disk number and Y is the partition number on which you installed Leo)

5 - Reboot