Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD Succes Or Problem Thread

microsoft whiz

497 posts in this topic

My AMD system boots from DVD (Leopard-10.5.2-AMD-EFI).

Trouble is getting the installer to work. I can't select customize for the disk or install options. Get the spinning beachball of death. If I go with the default install, the installer craps out.

Hardrive was partitioned MBR.

Any ideas?

when you boot your PC hit "Esc" (this is my option I have to select one of my HDs to boot from) and select the HD you installed Leo on. them boot with -x flag

my specs:

AMD64 X2 6400+

Abit KN9 Sli nForce570

4x1Gb Kingston DDR2 667 Dual Channel

Saphire Ati 3870 512mb DDR4

PATA seagate 160GB 7200rpm

HD Audio ACL883

Syncmaster 20" 1680x1050

i can't get past a black screen on boot.... it's like Leo can't get the resolution right... just got a black screen and white stripes!! i don't know what to do!!! :rolleyes: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO TO SOLVE THIS? please help!

How did you install Leopard?what is the steps did you do? did you see ("INSTALLATION WAS SUCCESSFULL")

ka911 - The installer didn't even get to the DVD verify stage. The iAtkos image didn't get very far for me, the Zephyroth looked so promising.

I'm going to try applying the Zephyroth image to an IDE drive and see what happens.

I've disconnected all sata drives and PCI cards (except fo video). I'm even re-burning the DVD on a Mac instead of my linux box. There is nothing to easily explain what's going on. Frustrating considering how many people were lucky enough to get it to load on the first try.

For those of you who are getting a blinking cursor, and installed MBR (not GUID-DO NOT use GParted LiveCD with a GUID setup, it isn't recommended), you could try using GParted LiveCD to manage the boot flag. I tried this to get my partition active back when i was on an MBR partition sheme and it worked.

Be careful! Do not make any changes to any other partitions you have (unless you truly know what you're doing), only the problematic, MAC HFS+ partition!

- Create a LiveCD from an image here

- Boot with the CD

- Select Auto Configuration

- Select default options by pressing enter when it asks for language, keymap, etc..

- when Linux loads, by default is loads GParted.

- Select your HD in the upper right of the GParted window.

- Right click your Mac HFS+ Partition

- Choose 'Manage Flags'

- Check Boot (If not checked), then Close

- If Boot is checked, uncheck it and then close. Right click your Mac HFS+ Partition again and choose 'Manage Flags'. Check Boot and close.

- Double click the shutdown icon on the upper left of the 'desktop'

- Remove GParted and reboot to your Mac partition.

Hopefully this fixes yer boot.

guys, after getting some very important feedbacks from you, i finally managed to get it work!!!

thanx alot to zeph, and to all the members of this great community who helped me!

:(

AAAHHH! It seems to be installing and it has stalled for three times at only 4 minutes remaining. Anybody have any idea what i can do to get past this. I am using zephyroth 10.5.2 rev 1. Maybe it is the options I am using at customize. My specs are below, can anyone help me choose the right ones? Thanks. Also when i formatted the drive i chose the mac extended (journaled), is that the right one? Any help is greatly appreciated. So close!!!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...=en&lang=en

Any suggestions?any help is would be greatly appreciated...

It seems no matter what i do, this thing will not boot without the cd in the drive.

try to boot from the HD by hiting Esc button and then select your Leopard HD.

Hi all,

this is my configuration :

ASROCK AM2NF3 VSTA

Athlon 64X2 4200+

My problem is :

I can"t boot the new AMD EFI 10.5.2 Zephyroth on my system ..; because it always freezes on the blank OSX page (which ask you to reboot) and with the -x command it freezes on the blank page (but without asking you to reboot)..

i've also tried this :

1 - Boot with the DVD.

2 - Press F8, then type "-s"

3 - type "cd /usr/standalone/i386"

4 - type "./startupfiletool -v /dev/diskXsY ./boot_v8" (X is the disk number and Y is the partition number on which you installed Leo)

5 - Reboot

But it freezes when i want to boot with -s

What's the problem with my configuration ?

Do i have to change something on my system ?

here is the message i get everytime i want to install osx

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo011cb9.jpg

http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo015wd0.jpg

Tux, is the 7300GS using 128-bit memory, or 64-bit memory? I'm looking for a cheap video card that has ci/qe, my X1900 died recently..=[

Also, if updating a kext, do I need second osx installation? Or is there some way I could do it through another OS like windows?

Sorry man:I went out..I did read your bad news :D ...About the video card,mine use 64-bits,but there is another 7300GS that use 128-bits,but this card do not have DVI out.That is what I can remember...

EDIT

@ t3nacity

lol...Do you still have the .kext problem?

Reporting a great install. The nForce drivers on the disk did indeed have the SAM Multimedia error for SATA DVD drives so I had to replace it with the latest MeDevil driver and reburn the iso, but after that everything went great. The system is stable, boots fast, and everything works. Seems much faster and less buggy than the 10.5.1 install.

Important specs:

Asus M2N-E Motherboard (MCP55)

3Com Etherlink XL Network (Native)

ATI Radeon 1950GT

I got GUID working using this method:

Remember: on a GUID install, Leopard is installed to partition 2, patition 1 is for the GUID. So, on a computer with one hardrive and one install, you want to use rdisk0s2.

1 - Insert the DVD.

2 - Press F8, then type "-s"

3- type "cd /usr/standalone/i386"

4 - type "dd if=./guid/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=512 count=1 (X is the disk number and Y is the partition number on which you installed Leo)

5 - type "dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/diskX bs=400 count=1

6 - type "./startupfiletool -v /dev/diskXsY ./boot_v8"

I hope that helps people getting the b0 or white cursor issues.

Specs=

Motherboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200

The issues I am currently having with this install are:

1- I have to boot with -x. If I boot with any other option, the white Apple loads for 30 seconds or so, and then I see a garbled screen of lines and shapes.

2- LAN is extremely slow. Using Forcedeth or Skge, I never get over 10 kb/s down. On Windows or Linux it works fine and normal. I have a Marvell ethernet port and a Nforce one.

3- No QE/CI on 3870 with the 38X0 driver or HDXXXX driver. I can get QE/CI working by installing the Leopard graphics update and the latest Natit from Netkas.org.

4- No sound, I'm pretty sure my board uses the ALC850.

Any help with issues 1 and 2 would be great.

Again, I'd like to thank Zephyroth for the time he has invested into this release =).

AMD 3500+ (SSE3)

Asus A8V-E SE (VIA VIA K8T890)

Video NVIDIA 7300GT

HDD Maxtor IDE 20Gb

When I try to install Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2, I get an errors:

"Install Failed

Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer

The installer could not validate the contents of the "Essentials" package. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

post-188570-1203338439_thumb.jpg

hey i had the same problem as you, and then i burnt the image again at a lower speed and the install went through fine. consider giving that a shot. best of luck!

indy

@ erei33

About your sound card:I believe that Zephyroth has the same card.And,I can remember that he could make it work adding the ID on the info.plist of AC97.I am not very sure,but you can ask him...

Hello everyone!

PC: AMD Athlon64 3200+ (754)

Graphics: Asus N6600GT/TD/128M

Mobo: MSI K8N Neo Platinum (MS-7030)

Sound: AC97 (RealTek ALC850)

Overall/Summary: Installed without problems and works well. Everything worked out of the box! Even the nvidia ethernet controller ;) ! The only obstacle I found so far is that I can't enable the "USB KB/Storage" option in the MB BIOS... When I turn it on leopard freezes when starting the graphic interface.

I haven't had the time to do further tests but I'm going to give it a try soon.

Of course if anyone had this problem and knows how to solve it, the information would be greatly appreciated. :(

:( My computer failed. I got stuck on loading the mac DVD. It shows a little sign on the MAC logo loading. Using Zeph 10.5.2

939 AMD 3500+ venice core SSe3 SSe2...etc

2GB OCZ PC3200 MEmory

ASus A8ae-le MB

SATA HDD Seagate Barracuda

Ati X800 PCIe Primary** and onboard x200

AC97 Realtek

Im trying to dual boot with Xp pro Sp2

I think i partitioned my HDD wrong or something can someone please help want leopard relly bad been tryin all night. :D :censored2: :censored2: . Thanks in Advance

EDIT: Setup starts now feeling its going to work. Be back in a few to let you in on what happen. This Site rules.

when you boot your PC hit "Esc" (this is my option I have to select one of my HDs to boot from) and select the HD you installed Leo on. them boot with -x flag

How did you install Leopard?what is the steps did you do? did you see ("INSTALLATION WAS SUCCESSFULL")

hi there... yes i got the INSTALLATION WAS SUCCESSFULL at the end....

the thing is... if i delete all the ATI graphics kexts it goes allright, but with no QE/CI... :D if i use any kexts for graphics it gives me a black screen or it loops on Login...

any ideas?

:( My computer failed. I got stuck on loading the mac DVD. It shows a little sign on the MAC logo loading. Using Zeph 10.5.2

939 AMD 3500+ venice core SSe3 SSe2...etc

2GB OCZ PC3200 MEmory

ASus A8ae-le MB

SATA HDD Seagate Barracuda

Ati X800 PCIe Primary** and onboard x200

AC97 Realtek

Im trying to dual boot with Xp pro Sp2

I think i partitioned my HDD wrong or something can someone please help want leopard relly bad been tryin all night. :censored2: :censored2: :censored2: . Thanks in Advance

"It shows a little sign on the MAC logo loading"...That is not enough.If you want some help,boot with the flag "-v" to see what is wrong.I think that your drive is not recognized (I think,"Waiting for root device"),but nobody can help you with such information...

Ok thx i will see what i can figure out with -v but how and where do i type -v any hints ?

When the bootloader appears,hit F8:this will allow you to enter the boot flags.Then,type "-v"...

:angel: K i got to the OSx INstallation screen finally. I figured out that i had to disable usb legacy and ps2 mouse from bios and Disabled 1394(firewire)<------- Hope this helps anyone with my rig. K then i got to the MAc OSx Installation screen thats a good sign but i cant find any drives, whent into Disk Utility and found my drive but didnt want to format it cuz i want XP also. I guessing that im gona make a partition Fat32 or such and then format it in the Disk Utitlty think that will work? reply back im so happy :D

Alright I downloaded 10.5.2. I burned it at 2x then booted from the dvd and went into Disk Utility but it doesn't see my IDE hard drive (which formatted fat32 and is active and primary)

10.5.1 detected it fine.