Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD Succes Or Problem Thread

microsoft whiz

497 posts in this topic

@T3nacity, would you happen to know how to fix the problem with it hanging on startup after install? This is what I get when I start up:

Photo_0666.jpg

You are "Waiting for root device" man.Go to the Wiki and the community to check how to solve this and more info...

I really wanted to share this Background I made for my hackintosh, and to show proof that I did it.

Just trying to get sound, PS2 keyboard, and software update to work now. Any help is very much appreciated !

bgmh7.png

Now would I do the same even though I'm getting the still waiting for root device after I installed Osx86 to my harddrive?

Probably,that is what you need...try updating the AppleNForceATA.kext from the terminal (if you have the one from the 10.5.1 or any other that does work).Try it ...

EDIT:

@ Paralex

OMG:it seems that you may have the same problem...

Do you know the command for that?

To update this,put the .kext file where you can find it...

-->Boot from the DVD.Open the Terminal and type something like this...

sudo -s

cp -Rf /"Path to"/AppleNForceATA.kext  /Volumes/"Leopard or the name of your disc"/System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleNForceATA.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleNForceATA.kext

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/Caches

reboot

I have no luck installing 10.5.2 on my machine, mostly because my graphic card.

My specs:

MB: MSI-k9n6gm (nvidia mcp61 chipset)

CPU: AMD X2 64 3200

GRAPHICS: NVIDIA 7300 LE 256 MB

SOUND: ALC 883

LAN: ADDED REALTEK 8139

DRIVES: 1 ATA DVD

1 SATA HD (DETECTED FROM INSTALLATION NOW IN 10.5.2)

1 SATA II HD (NEVER SHOWN IN ANY INSTALLATION I TRIED)

1 ATA HD (WHERE I INSTALLED 10.5.1 BEFORE)

In my first experience with 10.5.1 I managed to make “almost“ everything to work with some tweaks. I update nforce ata to access my sata drive, updated to nvinject 2.0 and then added a patch called “leonvidia“ which replaces Geforce.kext, NDVAResman.kext and third kext file I cant remember right now, after that I got QE/CI.

I installed ACL883 audio package.

In one of my many, many, MANY tries to install leopard, I got USB mp4 and USB external drive to work. Cant remember exactly what installation DVD I used, because as I said, I tried a lot to make my SATA disk to work. Since I finally did it, USB devices NEVER WORKED AGAING. I get “USB is unable to determine a device that has been pluged in“ (or something like that) message, every time I put an installation dvd or my system boots from disk. I reformatted and installed again, with every USB device unpluged and still got that annoing message and my external disk didn`t mount.

Now I thought 10.5.2 was my salvation! But sadly it wasn´t. ^_^

Yes, the installation now detects properly my SATA drive natively, so I managed to install the system in that disk.

My graphics did not work. I tried all the packages and I got kernel panics, or no QE/CI. The only way to get QE is installing NVinject 2.0 and then apply that leonvidia replacement to some kexts. But although that worked in 10.5.1 in 10.5.2 gives me an odd behaviour making menues and transparencies complete black so I can`t do a thing.

My USB still not work. Only keyboard and mouse work, but no external device is detected (disks, mp4s, etc)

I decided to go back to 10.5.1 where almost everything seemed to work. If anyone knows a way to make my usb devices to work I will apreciate it, and if you know why my nvidia 7300 LE doesn´t work in 10.5.2 too.

Thank you all.

PS: Sorry for my english. I´m a spanish speaking person.

:)

argento08@ No te preocupes, tu ingles esta bien. Pero, si necesitas ayuda, puedes mandarme un mensaje. ^_^

@Xxp/TuX: I have the AppleNForceATA on my iMac, if I put it on a USB stick, is it possible to transfer it over to overwrite the old file?

argento08@ No te preocupes, tu ingles esta bien. Pero, si necesitas ayuda, puedes mandarme un mensaje. ^_^

@Xxp/TuX: I have the AppleNForceATA on my iMac, if I put it on a USB stick, is it possible to transfer it over to overwrite the old file.

Ah pues...este no es el foro de "Español" chicos.Vayan para allá y se le leeran sus preguntas!.Tiene razón:no es tan malo el Inglés de argento08... :)

Ok,we are back...Sure:if the installer recognize your USB stick it is possible to do that.You just have to know where did you put it...Remember ""Path to/AppleNForceATA.kext" :P

Ah pues...este no es el foro de "Español" chicos.Vayan para allá y se le leeran sus preguntas!.Tiene razón:no es tan malo el Inglés de argento08... :)

Ok,we are back...Sure:if the installer recognize your USB stick it is possible to do that.You just have to know where did you put it...Remember ""Path to/AppleNForceATA.kext" :P

I'm such a n00b at commands. Would I have to put in the name of my USB stick? Like "USB/ApplaNForceATA.kext"?

PS: Todos somos hispanos? ^_^

Probably,that is what you need...try updating the AppleNForceATA.kext from the terminal (if you have the one from the 10.5.1 or any other that does work).Try it ...

EDIT:

@ Paralex

OMG:it seems that you may have the same problem...

Even though I'm on xpress200, would that change anything?

Hi,

Anybody having slow boot problem? I have 1 IDE dvdrw + 1 IDE HDD 80GB ..

Everytime I boot, it takes me 2 minutes to reach the desktop. When I'm in the Desktop .. everything is ok and fast. Its just the boot process that is soooo slow .. are there any tweaks you can suggest? Like Remove unused kext? stuff like that.

Is this because I'm using both IDE devices?

Specs:

AMD64 3000+

MSI K9N Neo rev 1.0

2 x 512mb Apacer Memory 667

Toshiba IDE DVDRW

Maxtor IDE 80gb

Palit Daytona 7300LE 128mb

etc

etc

Thank you!

I really wanted to share this Background I made for my hackintosh, and to show proof that I did it.

Just trying to get sound, PS2 keyboard, and software update to work now. Any help is very much appreciated !

bgmh7.png

And...Your sound card is...?.I am sure that someone will help you,but you need to be a little more specific with your hardware... ;)

my bad...

Sound Blaster X-fi gamer

also, I can't install FCP6 because it says i have 0 VRAM, when in system profiler it says i have 512 VRAM.

Also, when I try to do software update, i get a kernal panic.

my bad...

Sound Blaster X-fi gamer

also, I can't install FCP6 because it says i have 0 VRAM, when in system profiler it says i have 512 VRAM.

Also, when I try to do software update, i get a kernal panic.

Much better...

This is your status:

-Sound Blaster X-fi gamer:no current solution so far (as I know)

-Solution:buy a new one that does work.Check the H.C.L.

-FCP6:I do not have this problem,but I remember that there is a solution around here (I can not remember where it is ;) )

-Software updates:is not recommended use the updates directly from Apple.Some of them need to be patched first.Maybe these "kernel panic" are due to that...Did you patch them first?.

no, i didnt. how did u get fcp to work ?

Nothing special...FCP does work fine for me,but I know that your problem is real...Is just that I can not remember where (here,InsanelyMac forum) is the solution... ;)

hey id realy appriciate if anyone can help me out.. I got Zephyroth's 10.5.2 working great but i cant get wireless to work Ive D-Link WUA 2340 USB. Also im stuck at 1024x768 resolution i really want to go higher since ive a nice 22'' monitor.

Some please send me a link or anything... THANKS. :D

I suspect a lot of the SAM MULTIMEDIA errors that some are getting are related the version of MeDevils nForce driver included on this release. Only just recently MeDevil fixed the problem allowing certain nForce chipsets to properly mount and read discs from SATA DVD drives. I seem to get the SAM error immediately after the driver is loaded and cant continue to installation. I'm going to try an old IDE DVD drive tomorrow to confirm this.