Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD Succes Or Problem Thread

microsoft whiz

497 posts in this topic

***SOLVED*** I was totally wrong and it just needed the .app files copied over again. I just copied them from my Macbook Pro to the hackintosh and they worked.

Major problem here guys. I got the DVD to work, after some tweaking to keep from getting kernel panics, and the system is up and running fine, other than that I can't open a few applications such as Terminal, Activity Monitor, or Keychain Access. I think I've narrowed the problem to the CHUD.framework mentioned in the original thread of this DVD. I can get Marvin's AMD utility to detect that it needs to patch that file, but it doesn't seem to be able to. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

CPU: Athlon x64 X2 4200+ (Socket 939)

Mainboard: Asus A8NK5

Ram: Corsair 2GB ddr400

GFX: ATI x1600 Pro

HDD: 2x WD 120GB SATA-II

Sound: Working

Graphics: QE/CI Working, Resolution Working, However All of my menus are black.

Any suggestions as to how to fix the black menus? Here are some screens;

post-169169-1203879285_thumb.png

post-169169-1203879299_thumb.png

Does a garbled or black image on a Radeon 2600 XT ring a bell with someone? I'm running out of ideas on solving it:

There is a garbled display image coming from my Radeon HD 2600 XT on a clean Zephyroth 10.5.2. The installer has this problem too, unless I boot from DVD with safe mode (-x).

I've tried, after a successful install, to install the latest Natit from netkas.org, to no avail. After installing the Graphics Update 1.0 from Apple, I now get a pure black video signal. That is, no image at all, but not stand-by. I've also patched with the cpuid-graphics.txt patcher, rebooted with -f, and the black signal remains...

Any suggestions?

Specs: Zephyroth 10.5.2 on a MSI RX 2600 XT on a MSI K9AG Neo2 Digital, 4GB Ram, SATA Seagate, IDE DVD.

On all steps I've been moving the kexts to the right dir, chowning and chmodding, removing .mkext and .kextcache and rebooting with -f. I've not used diskutil /repairpermissions.

Hey, i have a small problem: after a lot of tries i finaly got Leopard working, i selected to install the drivers for ATI video cards but it still does not recognize the card... So my screen is locked on 1024x768 at 60 hertz, i want it to run on 1024x768 @ 70 or 75 hertz (cuz 60 herzt hurts my eyes ;)). So i would be very very pleased if someone could explain what i'll have to do to get it to work properly. i hope this is the right tropic for such a question..? ;)

Greetz, Stiruam

P.s. Sorry for my bad english ;)

It works on my system. Except for 2 problems. No audio, No LAN.

Mobo: ASUS M2N-E

Chipset: NForce 570 Ultra MCP

CPU: AMD X2 4800+

Audio: ADI 1988 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC (I THOUGHT IT WAS ALC850!)

LAN: NVIDIA nForce® 570 Ultra™ MCP built-in Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY

Disk: 200GB SATA

Display: 8800GT 512MB

According to below site, audio was previously called Azalia.

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&amp...amp;modelmenu=1

And this is a more technical page, a comparison with the SLI version.

http://www.asus.com/products_compare_show....model=1266,1181

N00b here, please be patient with me...

I have an HP dv8210US Laptop -

AMD Turion ML 32

2Gb Ram

ATI Radeon Xpress 200

Broadcom Wifi(4138?)

Conexant AC-Link audio

hdd0 - Fujitsu MHV3080AH(80G)

hdd1 - WDC WD1200VE(120G)

Lightscribe DVDRW (Pioneer)

Realtek RTL8139 Eth.

I cleared hdd1 and removed paging on hdd1 for the install of Leopard...

I don't think any of that is relevent to my problem tho... so here it is...

I've burned three different install DVD's (Zephyroth 10.5.2, iAtkos v.1 patched and V.1r2) and get the same error with all 3 "system config file '/Library/Preferences/System Configuration/com.apple.boot.plist' not found" and it won't get any further than that.

Any and all help would be very much appreciated... I am so sick of M$ Windoze I could puke but i can't afford to go out and buy myself a new Mac.....

Thank In Advance....

well, i am having the same issue with efi, my mobo is an acer rs690gvm with and amd phenom 2.2 ghz and G80 8800gts 320 mb, ever after boot with pc efi the system restarts. I only get install system with mbr without efi. I get 10.5.2 on this machine installing toh 10.5.0 from intel system to a sata usb hd, installing after this amd 10.5.2 update and replacing appleacpiplatform.kext from one of zephyrot 10.5.1. And i get the 2 minutes before boot in gui, and some apps that not working.

Can someone tell me the problem with efi with my mobo?

Maybe i have to replace the mobo with other, and if this will be the reason, what mobo will be the best with a quad core amd and leopard?

thanks in advance

Is anyone else having trouble with their Firewire?

I installed Zeph 10.5.2, MBR EFI v8, the standard kernel (NOT ToH), nvinject and 10.5.2 graphics kext, nforce4 drivers, networking/SATA drivers).

But when I plug in a firewire device, such as my camera, it does not recognize correctly (it shows up in system profiler, but Final Cut does not recognize it). Same with firewire HDDs. USB 2.0, however, works out - but I need firewire for my camera...

Any ideas? Anyone else with this problem?

(PS - what is the difference between installing the normal kernel install and the ToH kernels?)

PC: selfmade Athlon 4200+ X2

Graphics: Geforce 7600GS

Mobo: Asus M2N (nForce 430)

Sound: FireWire interface, working with original drivers

Extra items selected during install: MBR

It installed Leopard 10.5.2 on a SATA II which kind of worked for me. But the system seems to be a bit laggy (crackling sounds while playing mp3s) perhaps due to the SATA drivers...

The nForce ethernet is not working at all.

Firewire is working but this really depends on the PCI card you use. I habe two with a VIA VT6306 but only one of them is working which is probably caused by the chip revision.

It installed Leopard 10.5.2 on a SATA II which kind of worked for me. But the system seems to be a bit laggy (crackling sounds while playing mp3s) perhaps due to the SATA drivers...

the audio shouldn't't have anything to do with sata.

Hi!

I have downloaded 1.5.2. When i try to boot from DVD, it falls to panic. THe screen is:

ssm16708tm6.th.jpg

I tried to use -x, cpus=1, platform=acpi, platform=x86pc, nothing...

My laptop is:

CPU AMD 3000+ SSE2 only

Video AGP ATI MR9700 128Mb

HDD 60Gb IDE, CD IDE too

and chipset is SIS755.

JaS builds always return me ApplePS2Controller panic, but Zephyroth doesn't return me that, and i'm glad to see this :-)

Thanks for any help or advice!

I installed it fine but on the reboot i just get a blinking "_" so anoyying tried 3 times now 1st i messed up and forgot to customized 2nd customized and used the MBR EFI bootloader 3rd tryed it again. Im trying to reinstall now reformatting the disk with GUID boot and EFI bootloader fingers crossed it works. Anyone found a way to fix the blinking "_"?

Kurt

@rumble291:

My case, Leo works only with the GUID bootloader...why ever....to fix the blinking cursor or b0error

boot with DVD....type -s & ENTER

# cd /usr/standalone/i386

# dd if=./guid/boot1h of=/dev/rdiskXsY bs=512 count=1

# dd if=./guid/boot0 of=/dev/diskX bs=400 count=1

# ./startupfiletool -v /dev/diskXsY ./boot_v8

Note: X and Y are the nummer of your drive and partition where you installed Leo.

Leo shows my CPU as unknown and only with one core (Turion X2 TL-50) and RAM with 333Mhz (DDR2 667). Ok. I replace the bios kext with the one from mac.nub . Now it shows me the right FSB of RAM and CPU still unknown. I was told that both cores work, just the wrong info is shown. Fine.

Online videos run unsmoothly, the sound lags and sometimes, safari hangs. Anybody has the same problem ?

I tried to boot with -v -x, then it stops at:

USBF: 1.803 Attempting to get EHCI Controller from BIOS

USBF: 1.815 USBLEGCTLSTS value c0082000

USBF: 1.827 Found USBLEGSUP_ID - value 0x1 - writing OSOwned

All ideas are appreciated!