Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD Succes Or Problem Thread

microsoft whiz

497 posts in this topic

Alright I downloaded 10.5.2. I burned it at 2x then booted from the dvd and went into Disk Utility but it doesn't see my IDE hard drive (which formatted fat32 and is active and primary)

10.5.1 detected it fine.

how your IDE HD is connected, Primary Master, Secondary Slave, what it's contains. Make sure that you can see it in you Bios.

how your IDE HD is connected, Primary Master, Secondary Slave, what it's contains. Make sure that you can see it in you Bios.

Theres only one IDE connecter on my mobo so my ide hd is pri slave and my cd is pri master. The drive doesn't contain anything I just formatted it.

Need help pls:

Trying Zephyroth 10.5.2

Running HP Laptop dv8000 series

AMD Turion64

x200 chipset(i think that is the chipset, right?)

So I had 10.4.11 running near perfect, but I want Leopard.

Have completly formatted drive MBR HFS+

install options - Kernal 9.1.3( whichever is the latest one)

addtional fonts

3rd party driver selected:

AC97 audio

WAN - Broadcomm

X11 -Unchecked

Efi -MBR option (do I really need this? I ran 10.4.11 w/o EFI)

Install hangs with 1min left - reboot into install cd and go directly back into install - all goes well install done reboot

Darwin Flag used -v

okay so here is where it gets tricky.. lots happens quickly can't write it all down:

This phrase is in BRIGHT Yellow:

failed to load extension com.orByte driver.PCGenUSBEHCI

then some more text

Then

Starting AppleACPIP2NUB

Found mouse PNP device

AppleACPIP2NUB startup complete

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A8387) Kernal trap at 0x2483794d, type 14=page fault, registers

"bunch of #'s here"

Error code:0x00000003

debugger called:<panic>

"more #'s"

com.apple.driver.AppleInterCPUPowerManagement(925.0)

BSD process name corresponding to correct thread : kernal_task

MAC OS Version:

Not set yet

Darwin Kernal version 9.1.0 blah blah blah

System Model name : Pavilion dv8000(EP409UA#ABA)

THEN IT FREEZES ---------

Any ideas????

So i got everything working Just Fine Windows xp MAc OSx Leopard they boot just fine only one problem My Keyboard Doesnt work in leopard. :( Any help will be Apriciated

PS/2 or USB? PS/2 devices are always a pain in OS X.

Theres only one IDE connecter on my mobo so my ide hd is pri slave and my cd is pri master. The drive doesn't contain anything I just formatted it.

can you see your IDE HD in your BIOS?

:rolleyes: ive heard that u can install the kext for PS/2 Devices after install. can you lead me of how to do this or where i can find a Guide to this .

That is an old "known issue" fixed!.If you can not use your PS/2,then copy the extension from the DVD...

-Boot from the DVD

-open terminal

-Type

cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext  /Volumes/"Leopard HDD name"/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

If this does not work,consider use an USB... :)

That is an old "known issue" fixed!.If you can not use your PS/2,then copy the extension from the DVD...

-Boot from the DVD

-open terminal

-Type

cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext  /Volumes/"Leopard HDD name"/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

If this does not work,consider use an USB... :rolleyes:

Do i type that in exactly as is or do i modify the leopard HDD part? my Volume name is Hackintosh

Hey,

i was just wondering if the Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD will it run on my computer.

My Spec:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ SSE, SSE2, and SSE3 compatible

Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce 6100

Chip set:Nvidia Geforce 6100

Ram:1GB

Harddrive(Sata): 250GB

if this wouldn't work can u please tell me another one that would be compatible with my graphic card. Or does anyone know where i can get Nvidia GeForce 6100 driver. Please Help ME !!!!!!!Thanks in advance.

Do i type that in exactly as is or do i modify the leopard HDD part? my Volume name is Hackintosh

For you,it will be something like this...

cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext  /Volumes/Hackintosh/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

Type this exactly...

can you see your IDE HD in your BIOS?

Yepper...But just recently for some reason both 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 couldn't see it after I reformated the drive again (to see if I did something wrong) and now the only way the 10.5.1 install will see my drive is if it and the cd rom are in cable select. Odd...

Hey proplaya I think your specs are similiar to mine. I saw that you got it installed. Mine always stops with 4 mins. to go. I was wondering what options u chose in custmoize. That would really help me if you don't mind. Thanks! Also any other advice would help. Can't really type my specs as I am on my touch at the moment but they were on page 14 or 13. Please help I have been trying this for more than a week...

PC: Sharp Actius AL27 (AMD Athlon 64 2700+)

Graphics: Onboard VIA, Working

Sound: Onboard VIA, Working

Network: Onboard VIA, NOT WORKING.

Overall/Summary: Good release. I tried using latest releases of Kalyway and Iatkos w/ AMD PPF patch. No luck there.

Took about 30-45 minutes to install, first and only try.

My only beef is that the onboard VIA wireless adapter is NOT working. I am currently investigating this.

ok i got installed 1st time then i had problems with the keyboard reset the system and that fixed it no iam trying to get drivers for my nvidia 7600gts sli and my audio which is high definition audio device

can someone help me please

if anybody knows how to get the ATI 3870 working... help me out, please... i tried most of the kexts i heard about and could find... but either it gets Leo stuck on Login screen or gives me a black screen... could it be my new Samsung monitor? i just got a 20" Syncmaster 2032bw.... :( don't know what else to do....

if anybody knows how to get the ATI 3870 working... help me out, please... i tried most of the kexts i heard about and could find... but either it gets Leo stuck on Login screen or gives me a black screen... could it be my new Samsung monitor? i just got a 20" Syncmaster 2032bw.... :( don't know what else to do....

I also have a 3870. The newest Natit requires Leopard graphics update, so install that first. After installing natit.kext, I get the blue screen with a cursor of death =(. This is a Leopard graphics update issue, not a natit issue. People on legit Macs with ATI cards are having the same problem. Right now, I can have QE/CI and be unable to get past blue screen, or not have QE/CI and have everything work fine :(

Zephyroth is working on a PPF patch for this DVD. When the patch is finished and released, it should include out of the box 3870 support (the drivers in the current release are not installed correctly), that means you don't have to install Leopard graphics update and everything should work.

I'll let you know if I find a fix in the mean time ;)

I also have a 3870. The newest Natit requires Leopard graphics update, so install that first. After installing natit.kext, I get the blue screen with a cursor of death =(. This is a Leopard graphics update issue, not a natit issue. People on legit Macs with ATI cards are having the same problem. Right now, I can have QE/CI and be unable to get past blue screen, or not have QE/CI and have everything work fine :D

Zephyroth is working on a PPF patch for this DVD. When the patch is finished and released, it should include out of the box 3870 support (the drivers in the current release are not installed correctly), that means you don't have to install Leopard graphics update and everything should work.

I'll let you know if I find a fix in the mean time ;)

Thanks for the input... :) i'll just wait it out...

Hello everyone.

First of all, I want to thank you for this great release, which brings me Leopard :)

I have very weird problem. Sometimes, system just can't start, it's hanging randomly just after loads kernel modules - "Calibation failed after 2 attempts" -> which I think is something related to EFI emulation. As I said, it's not rule, very often system just starts without complaining. But this is frustrating :D

I had VERY similar issue with earlier versions of OSX - since 10.4.8 - but then, system just rebooting without telling me anything ( but at the same moment of boot )

This issue is related both with install DVD's and installed systems as well.

AMD A64 3500+ SSE3 ( Venice )

1 GB RAM

VIA 8KT890 chipset

GF 7300GT 256 MB

120 GB Seagate Barracuda PATA HD

Any ideas ?

PS. Please forgive me my english ;)

Yepper...But just recently for some reason both 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 couldn't see it after I reformated the drive again (to see if I did something wrong) and now the only way the 10.5.1 install will see my drive is if it and the cd rom are in cable select. Odd...

try to format it with different software. use gparted live cd and format your HD as HFS+, and see if it will help!