Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD Succes Or Problem Thread

microsoft whiz

497 posts in this topic

boot with Leopard and hit F8 and type -v -x then hit Enter and see what error you have!
I can't as soon as I choose Mac OS X from the boot loader I get the chain boot error. I never get to the darwin screen.
For some reason, it just won't boot up anymore. "Still waiting for root device" ... I have two IDE devices. IT WAS WORKING LAST WEEK!!! I reset the CMOS just in case something happened .. but it still didnt boot. I solved the problem by switching my DVDRW (master) to slave and my HDD from slave to master (I only have 1 ide port) .. this is the first time I touched primary/slave positions of my devices. If that is the cause, how come it worked last week?Could anyone explain why my system behaved like that?
I have to do the samthing, I have to switch them around.

I can't as soon as I choose Mac OS X from the boot loader I get the chain boot error. I never get to the darwin screen.I have to do the samething, I have to switch them around.

I hope it works with you man. Right now, just for experimental reasons, I switched the Primary/Slave back .. it boots .. {censored}. Why why why? lol

Thanks for the link puttabong!

A great release but it has it's flaws...If you haven't installed already I'd wait for the rev2 release.

According to Zeph it should be finished on Mar 11 tomorrow

Problems on rev1 release that I had:

1) EFI Boot loader doesn't work most of the time-you end up having to install it manually.

2) ATI drivers don't work-(permissions wrong-will be fixed on rev2)

3) No fixed ionetworking.kext (Will get Cfgethostuuid error 35 and Time machine won't work-also to be fixed on rev2)

3) Some main libraries are mangled-don't know if they are just damaged,wrong permissions or not patched with AMD cpuid's-(Toast or popcorn or CS3 will not launch crashes)

4) Rosetta not working-(Unable to install or play many games for Mac like WOW)

5) AppleAzaliaAudio.kext-(Missing device ids-This driver should at least stereo out support for many mb that have ALCxxx or AD198x sound when HDA patcher/alcinject doesn't work)

There are many ways to fix all the problems yourself but unless you are comfortable with terminal I'd wait.

I can't as soon as I choose Mac OS X from the boot loader I get the chain boot error. I never get to the darwin screen.I have to do the samething, I have to switch them around.

Ok, we need to start over! For now I want you to start with HD with out any partition, full HD for Leopard (IDE or SATA) if you can use the 80gb IDE the one you have, make it as Master. Insert the Leopard install DVD into the DVD drive, reboot your PC. Go to your Bios, Disable your LAN, Sound. Make sure that you see your 80gb HD and it set as Master. Save and Reboot, your DVD will try to read your Leo installation DVD hit enter to start Leo installation.

After 1 to 2 mins Leo selection language screen should appear. Click on the arrow to continue. Keep it as English language (I do not know what Language you will use but for now just keep English as Default). Then the next step you will see the welcome screen (I hope so), you'll need to open the Disk Utility on the top menu bar: Utilities > Disk Utility

Then, from within the Leopard Disk Utility, see the hard drives that are detected by your Leo in the left column. Select the hard drive which will serve as your bootable drive. If you happen to see two rows, or entries, for the intended hard drive, choose the upper row rather than the lower row that is indented to the right.

For the 80GB HD create multiple partitions, if you like, by clicking on the Partition tab, name the partition(s), the first one Leopard (40GB) and for the second partition (40GB) what ever you want to name it (for me I call it BackupHD) and then continue by clicking on the Partition button (optional).

On the Erase tab, choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for the Volume Format.

An Erase Disk warning should appear. Warning: Clicking "Erase" will destroy all the data on the drive. Hit Erase

You will now see the mounted volume (leopard) appear under the drive model number in the left column.

Exit Disk utility, then click continue, select your Leopard HD to install your Leo in to. Then. Click Continue.

Choose Option Install to select extra Language, Pointers, etc. (select EFI v.8, Kernel 9.2.0, deselect all the extra Fonts, Language, Sound, Video, LAN) then start the installation of Leopard.

Allow the installation to proceed. Wait until it finished, and then reboot your PC.

Hit F8, Type -v -x then Enter to see if you have any problem.

PS: MAKE SURE THAT YOUR Leopard DVD burn right

hi...

again i disappointed with this dvd...

new type of error's coming ...

first i got "EHCI Root simulation" error... i fixed with changing ide(dvd ) drive to primary slave...

then i tried boot dvd.... i got new error....

OHCI_controller _ bala bala.. chek out screen shot for more...

my sys config

AMD 3200+

Asus a8n vm Graphics Chip set MB

1 gb RAM

120 gb Sata

Sony DVD rw

PS/2 keb/mouse

install info

120 GB sata installed in second sata slot / dvd drive ide connect in primary salve

plz.. help me to install mac os...

i have plan to buy new HDD drive for mac.... i am bit confused IDE or SATA which one suits for my pC

so help me... in right way....

thanks in advance

thanks

post-32312-1205174687_thumb.jpg

post-32312-1205174768_thumb.jpg

Ok, we need to start over! For now I want you to start with HD with out any partition, full HD for Leopard (IDE or SATA) if you can use the 80gb IDE the one you have, make it as Master. Insert the Leopard install DVD into the DVD drive, reboot your PC. Go to your Bios, Disable your LAN, Sound. Make sure that you see your 80gb HD and it set as Master. Save and Reboot, your DVD will try to read your Leo installation DVD hit enter to start Leo installation.

After 1 to 2 mins Leo selection language screen should appear. Click on the arrow to continue. Keep it as English language (I do not know what Language you will use but for now just keep English as Default). Then the next step you will see the welcome screen (I hope so), you'll need to open the Disk Utility on the top menu bar: Utilities > Disk Utility

Then, from within the Leopard Disk Utility, see the hard drives that are detected by your Leo in the left column. Select the hard drive which will serve as your bootable drive. If you happen to see two rows, or entries, for the intended hard drive, choose the upper row rather than the lower row that is indented to the right.

For the 80GB HD create multiple partitions, if you like, by clicking on the Partition tab, name the partition(s), the first one Leopard (40GB) and for the second partition (40GB) what ever you want to name it (for me I call it BackupHD) and then continue by clicking on the Partition button (optional).

On the Erase tab, choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for the Volume Format.

An Erase Disk warning should appear. Warning: Clicking "Erase" will destroy all the data on the drive. Hit Erase

You will now see the mounted volume (leopard) appear under the drive model number in the left column.

Exit Disk utility, then click continue, select your Leopard HD to install your Leo in to. Then. Click Continue.

Choose Option Install to select extra Language, Pointers, etc. (select EFI v.8, Kernel 9.2.0, deselect all the extra Fonts, Language, Sound, Video, LAN) then start the installation of Leopard.

Allow the installation to proceed. Wait until it finished, and then reboot your PC.

Hit F8, Type -v -x then Enter to see if you have any problem.

PS: MAKE SURE THAT YOUR Leopard DVD burn right

What about the bootloader and 11X options in the custom install screen? Do I keep 11X selected? and which bootoader option should I select? EFI v.8 GUID? or EFI .8 MBR?

What about the bootloader and 11X options in the custom install screen? Do I keep 11X selected? and which bootoader option should I select? EFI v.8 GUID? or EFI .8 MBR?

[/quolol..you should uncheck x11 lots of people have problems with it so it probably wont do you any good, reguarding the partition script, select GUID ONLY if you are USING GUID PARTITION TABLE, same thing applies to MBR(Master Boot Record)

lol..you should uncheck x11 lots of people have problems with it so it probably wont do you any good, reguarding the partition script, select GUID ONLY if you are USING GUID PARTITION TABLE, same thing applies to MBR(Master Boot Record)
I just did some reading because I really didn't know what GUID was. So I should use MBR since I already have Windows installed. Or should I use GUID because I'm installing OSX with EFI?
I just did some reading because I really didn't know what GUID was. So I should use MBR since I already have Windows installed. Or should I use GUID because I'm installing OSX with EFI?
I just went into the Disk Utility and clicked Info and it says the Partition Map Scheme is MBR, so I guess I got my answer.

you need to select EFI v8 MBR, you can deselect the 11x

you need to select EFI v8 MBR, you can deselect the 11x

Yep I figered that out!

Alright I got it installed.

10.5.2 installer couldn't see the boot device unless the cd was primary and the hd was slave, otherwise I would get a still waiting for root device message. 10.5.2 also couldn't recognize the hd in disk utility unless 10.5.1 was installed previously.

I selected EFI v.8 MBR, Kernel 9.2.0 and deselected 11X (as DoiX suggested), and any of the extras IE additional languages, fonts, drivers.

At the boot loader I select Mac then press F8 and boot with -v -x and I get another waiting for root device message.

Hello, I have a hp dv6000 notebook, AMD. The installer launches and I can successfully choose a language. However, when I go into disk utility, nothing shows up, the left side where the partitions usually appear aren't there. What can I do to fix this problem?

SYSTEM-AMD X2 4400+,8800GTS,ASUS A8N SLI PREMIUM, AC97 AUDIO

Can some please help me out

I dont know what items i should uncheck and check in the customize option when installing please help

Yep I figered that out!

Alright I got it installed.

10.5.2 installer couldn't see the boot device unless the cd was primary and the hd was slave, otherwise I would get a still waiting for root device message. 10.5.2 also couldn't recognize the hd in disk utility unless 10.5.1 was installed previously.

I selected EFI v.8 MBR, Kernel 9.2.0 and deselected 11X (as DoiX suggested), and any of the extras IE additional languages, fonts, drivers.

At the boot loader I select Mac then press F8 and boot with -v -x and I get another waiting for root device message.

I think I do know whats going on! do you have a working windows? connect your Leopard HD to your Windows HD (boot to windows) install MacDrive if you have it. then download AppleNForceATA.kext (I attached it below) unzip it under your Leopard HD x:\System\Library\Extensions

reboot and hit F8 then type -x

AppleNForceATA.kext.zip

I think I do know whats going on! do you have a working windows? connect your Leopard HD to your Windows HD (boot to windows) install MacDrive if you have it. then download AppleNForceATA.kext (I attached it below) unzip it under your Leopard HD x:\System\Library\Extensions

reboot and hit F8 then type -x

Thank ye mate!

It boots up I get the the Welcome screen keyboard and mouse work so I'm officially gotten farther then I've ever gotten with Leopard, maybe 3rd base soon? Only time will tell but I can feel it!

Anywho I get to the Do you already own a mac screen

I choose Do not transfer my information now

and it loads.....and loads....and then boots me back to the Welcome screen..............

Thank ye mate!

It boots up I get the the Welcome screen keyboard and mouse work so I'm officially gotten farther then I've ever gotten with Leopard, maybe 3rd base soon? Only time will tell but I can feel it!

Anywho I get to the Do you already own a mac screen

I choose Do not transfer my information now

and it loads.....and loads....and then boots me back to the Welcome screen..............

boot you PC hit F8 and then type

-x "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32"

and then hit Enter

this way you will pass 'do you own Mac'

play around and then reboot you Leo hit F8 type -v then hit Enter

now you have Leopard 10.5 running, all what you need to do is find the right kext for your sound, LAN, and video

Enjoy!

PS: for the LAN and video use kext helper b7, and for the sound use AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

boot you PC hit F8 and then type -x "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32" and hit Enter

you will pass this 'do you own Mac'

now you have Leopard 10.5 running, all what you need to do is find the right kext for your sound, LAN, and video

Enjoy!

Holy mother it works! Dude I thank you for your help and sticking to it and helping me with this. I know how anonying it can be to help a total newbe, I'm a member of a PC forum Guru3D. Thanks again.

Ha! kext's ya I'm sure thats going to be a b*tch...

Don't forget getting USB working!

boot you PC hit F8 and then type

-x "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32"

and then hit Enter

this way you will pass 'do you own Mac'

Enjoy!

PS: for the LAN and video use kext helper b7, and for the sound use AppleHDAPatcherv1.20

On the osx86.wikidot it says to download IOUSBFamily.kext extension, do I put that in the extensions folder just like I did the AppleNForceATA.kext?

Because Last time I was told to replace a kext in the extensions folder I was told to delete the Extensions.mkext and boot with -f -v.

On the osx86.wikidot it says to download IOUSBFamily.kext extension, do I put that in the extensions folder just like I did the AppleNForceATA.kext?

Because Last time I was told to replace a kext in the extensions folder I was told to delete the Extensions.mkext and boot with -f -v.

Yes,you have to do the same with your AppleNForceATA

"Delete the Extensions.mkext and boot with -f -v."...

I'm happy for you! :D, every time you add kexts manually you need to delete the Extensions.mkext and reboot with -f -v

below you can see my Signature, you can use the links for LAN, video, and sound for all the kext files you need to make your Leo working

Hello, I have a hp dv6000 notebook, AMD. The installer launches and I can successfully choose a language. However, when I go into disk utility, nothing shows up, the left side where the partitions usually appear aren't there. What can I do to fix this problem?

try to format your HD as Fat32 or HFS or HFS+ to make Leopard see your HD

Gigabyte K8N-Ultra 9 (nForce4 Ultra)

Opteron 185

2GB RAM

8800GT 512MB

external USB drive

-works like a charm, first time! After making the appropriate choices during installation, nForce LAN works with no problems, as well as the AC97 sound. PS/2 keyboard and mouse working as well.

I'm really impressed, thanks Zeph!!! :angry:

Have some problems shutting down though - sometimes it hangs on the desktop screen, or when I boot -v I get "CPU halted" at the end and nothing further. I guess it's cosmetic, given after a hard reset everything boots up fine again.

QuickTime won't work though - can't view any videos, can't watch DVDs. My 8800GT seems to be recognized OK though, is there something I can do?

Thanks...

PC: AMD X2 4400+

Abit KN8

Graphics: Saphire x850xt works good after tweaking but no dual monitor. :D

But i think i am going to buy a NV 7300gt or a 7600gt on the cheap to get dual monitors, then I can get away from windows forever.

Sound works, SATA works, Onboard Lan doesn't work but i have a Realtek NIC which works wonderfully. Installation was easy as pie. I think its a great release. It Installs super fast and OS X runs super fast too.

I'm happy for you! :) , every time you add kexts manually you need to delete the Extensions.mkext and reboot with -f -v

below you can see my Signature, you can use the links for LAN, video, and sound for all the kext files you need to make your Leo working

I replaced the IOUSBFamily.kext (I made a backup of the original)

I first booted with -x -f -v .

But I'm guessing I wasn't supposed to.

I then booted with -f -v

I get this:

DSC01136.jpg

So I restarted and now when I boot normally (-x) I get the apple loading screen and the loading beachball thingy freezes

I replaced the IOUSBFamily.kext (I made a backup of the original)

return your original kext files back to your Leopard and try this time to use "kext helper b7" to install the new kext file