Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 for AMD Succes Or Problem Thread

microsoft whiz

497 posts in this topic

@marazi

what speed did you burn the .iso at??

you have to burn on a very low speed

leopard disks are notorious for corrupting when burned to hastily

set your burning software to the lowest speed and try burning it again

I've installed Jas 10.4.8 AMD on a USB Hard Drive. I'm now waiting on the Zephyroth 10.5.2 AMD to finish Dl'd so I can try it before I try and install the .kext to show sata hard drives. You had 10.5.1 install DVD booted.. on your HP dv6000? Which one?

ugh, i don't even know. i just know whatever i tried didn't work.

this is closest i've come to getting any version of mac to work on this PC (HP dv6000, AMD model). i got the installer to boot up just fine (it even recognized my internal hard drive, which it's never done before) but it froze with about a minute remaining. i read that this was a pretty common error, so i did what the wiki said...i did a cold restart and tried reinstalling again, with the same result. now, i when just try booting up normally, i get the "waiting for root device" error, which is {censored} cause the installer obviously read the root device just fine. ugh if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

ive burned at 2x write speed...

but i think it might be my disk / disks thats the problem...

tried with a 10.5.1 dvd, and got an HFS error then the same message came up and it got stuck...

my system:

HP PavillionDV9000ea

AMD Turion 64 x2

Nvidia Nforce Chipset with Serial ATA Controllers

2 x 80gb ST98823A S SCSI Disc device on Unknown SCSI/RAID HOST CONTROLLER

anyone got some suggestions to get this to work...?

I can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem as me...

My system is:

Asus A8n-E (nForce 4 Ultra)

AMD X2 3800

2gb Ram

IDE Dvd/rw drive & IDE WD Hard Drive (Dvd drive on Secondary Master, IDE HD on Primary Master)

Geforce 6600GT

I am getting the following hangup about 10 seconds after I choose to boot from the DVD. (See picture). "Property 'DriversPackage-804000' [8] = (data)"

The installer gets stuck, and the DVD stops spinning in the drive.

The iso checksum is correct, and I have tried burning two copies, both at 4x (min speed for me... don't seem to be able to burn at 2x) . Both copies give me the same hangup. Is there something I'm missing?

img1236fu7.jpg

everthing works now.

M2n32-SLI premium

EVGA 8800GT with CI/QE now by adding device id 0x061101de to info.plist

Audio working now by install azilaaudio

Network by using $5 AZIO PCI card.

Dual Core shows one core only.

Thanks for this great release!

Hi Guys,

Here is my problem:

I'm trying to install on a Shuttle SN85V30

Chipset: Nvidia nForce3 250 Single Chip for AMD AthlonTM 64 CPU

CPU: Sempron 3100+ Palermo (has SSE3)

2Go RAM (DDR 333MHz)

HD: 200Go Western Digital SATA

Video Card: eVGA NVidia GeForce 6200 LE

I start booting with the DVD, type F8 and -v -x to run in verbose + safe mode and i get a kernel panic exactly like this one:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=630228

Any idea what is going on with my configuration or with the boot CD? Any chance I can get it to work without changing the Video card and/or switching to IDE hard drive?

Thanks.

CPU: AMD Athlon64 3400+ (SSE2 only)

Mobo:Abit KV8-MAX3 (VIA K8T800)

Graphics: Gainward Geforce 6800UGS (AGP)

Sound: VT8237 (Realtek ALC650)

RAM: 1.5GB

Hard drive: PATA133

Overall/Summary: Works 98%

USB is flaky, memory sticks and Wacom tablet does not work.

Some software (Toast for one) does not work.

Firewire works, I guess. It found my external drive pretty quick.

I actually have dual screen support, and it's not a clone. I am impressed. I guess QE and CI are working 100%

No TV-out support, I don't know if Macintosh even have that.

Sound was crappy and static in the beginning, but switching from 44.100hz to 48000hz fixed this issue. Stereo only, which is lame.

This USB issue is basically making hackintosh useless for me.

Please, someone must have a fix for this. The stupid mouse/keyboard works, why not everything else?

I tried installing this on my laptop, specs are in my sig.

Ok, so I downloaded from the newsgroup, and after a lot of re-downloading and fiddling with .par files, I was able to extract an iso with the right md5sum... I burned it at 4x (the lowest my blanks will let me) and tried to boot..

It boots okay until it gets to a blue screen where the mouse cursor is supposed to appear, but nothing happens... I left it like that for three hours just in case it was thinking about something... nothing. Oddly, when I press keys in this state, specifically space, enter, or esc, the dvd spins up and looks like it's doing something...

So, I decided I'd take the drive out of my laptop and stick it into my desktop to see if that would make a difference... with that I was able to get into the installer, installed everything fine, though it took almost an hour... put the drive back in the laptop... not bootable... oh well, put the dvd in, tried "rd=disk0s2 -v -x" and got through all the textmode stuff without any serious crippling errors that I could see, THEN IT WENT TO THE F**ING BLUE SCREEN AGAIN!!!

No indication it's doing anything, though again if I press certain keys the drive spins up and the light starts blinking... Nothing I could gather from any logs could tell me why it's doing this... I've tried disabling everything in the bios that's disableable... 2nd core, lan, trackpad, etc... no luck.

I'm going to try again with different media and see if I can burn at 2x, though I don't know it'll make much of a difference. :)

Has anyone completed any updates yet? Ive successfully installed Leo a couple times now. First time I installed updates avail and it killed Leo, no boot, no darwin/x86 loader at all, just blinking cursor. So I reinstalled, install a couple updates at a time, first couple were fine. Then I did the ilife updates, idvd,iweb etc (all of them) and again no boot, no darwin. So it appears iLife kills it. Anyone else run into this? and aside from re-imaging (acronis) can it it be fixed (the no darwin issue). I dont know much about mac's yet so im a little lost here.

Motherboard : Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

CPU : AMD X2 4800

Video Card : Asus 7900 GT-KO

Memory : 2 Gigs Crucial

Hard Drives : (2x) WD Raptor 150 (sata)

Installed using Zephyroth 10.5.2 DVD to MBR partition, since GUID and efi-v8 would install fine but not boot, I would get the flashing cursor every time on reboot after install.

Now heres what works and what does not.

(1) Internet/Networking worked out of the box

(2) Video works but I am stuck with 1024x768 resolution (should be 1680x1050) NO QE/CI

(3) System Profiler works

THESE DO NOT WORK:

(1) Audio (haven't found the proper kexts to try and get it working

(2) Obviously my video card is not seen as capable of QE/CI (HELP?)

If anyone can guide me to the proper places to get my sound working and my video card working properly I would really appreciate the help.

I have other hackintosh systems up but all of them are Intel based so I am kind of lost with the AMD thing.

So I made sure I burned it slow and everything, verified the disk, done everything good and proper and the damned thing panics when I boot up. I have an nforce3 based board, specs:

Processor: AMD X2 4200 (SSE3) 939 pin

Mobo: GA-K8NSNXP-939

Video Card: nvidia GeForce 6600GT

I'm pretty sure that's all that matters right now. Here's the output that I get when I put -v in (copied by hand, so mistakes might exist).

"Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
panic"

in the "Debugger called: <panic>" section there's "AppleNForceATA::scanForDrives found 1 units"
"Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0
Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):
   com.nvidia.driver.AppleNForceATA(1.0.3)[something]
   dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily[something]
   dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily[something]"

Okay, When I was trying to install this, I had to do a -v otherwise I got the famous "Still waiting for root device" But I got it installed, and now, my boot gets stuck at different parts.

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Asus M2NPV-VM

Chipset:

North Bridge document.write(neg_specification_newline('NVIDIA GeForce 7050PV'));

NVIDIA GeForce 7050PV

South Bridge document.write(neg_specification_newline('NVIDIA nForce 630a')); NVIDIA nForce 630aProcessor: AMD Athalon X2 5000+ Black Edition

Video: NVidia Geforce 6160

I installed off a SATA DvD Drive

I installed onto a IDE 160 GB HD

I have a SATA HD, and a IDE CD Drive (I can't use the IDE CD drive to install)

I have tried booting using -v, -x, -x-v, cpus=1,

Anyone have any ideas?

Sry not me, as im likely the only one here[forum] with a 3850HD. Overall this v1 rel. looks a bit buggy. 10.5.1 was great, this one dunno what "happend".

Try to install again, without any option selected, without kernel etc....sry but thats what i would do.

gl

I can boot only in safe mode...

Now i'm writing in safe mode... all seems to work... 2cores cpu, nvidia graphic ok, except for audio, even LAN that was a pain in the arse before on tiger.

But i can boot only with -x flag.

If i boot normal... "still waiting for root device" or in graphic mode i can see a stop signal over the apple...

Your problem is the AppleNForceATA.kext.

I too have a nforce3 MB (KN8). This is what worked for me. Go here:

http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc10

And following those instructions DELETE the NForceATA.kext, rebuild and reburn. It should boot up nicely to the installer, once there dont choose the NForceATA kext under drivers, choose the VIAATA kext.

If you can, set apart a partition for restoring the DVD, that way you can experiment and not waste DVDs.

Good luck! :blink:

So I made sure I burned it slow and everything, verified the disk, done everything good and proper and the damned thing panics when I boot up. I have an nforce3 based board, specs:

in the "Debugger called: <panic>" section there's "AppleNForceATA::scanForDrives found 1 units"

"Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0

Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.nvidia.driver.AppleNForceATA(1.0.3)[something]

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily[something]

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily[something]"[/code]

Just wanted to report on a almost perfect install!

PC: Asus A8N-SLI, AMD 4400 X2, 2Gb 333 Mhz Memory

Hard disk: Sata I disk

Video card: NVidia 7800 GT 256 Mb fully supported

DVD DL burner: LG supported

Audio: ACL 850 Audio In and Out working (connected to front panel)

Network: 3Com3C905b-TX network card fully working natively (really love that...)

Keyboard/Mouse: PS/S Keyboard and Mouse working.

Firewire: Working

USB 1.1/2 not yet working. USB 1.1 Logitech headset and USB 2 External disk are recognized in System Profiler, but don't work or mount to the desktop. (yet?)

Update: USB 1.1/2.0 working if devices are plugged in and powered up at boot.

I used GUID partition table, so I had to install EFI (8) manually

Best,

Cat_7

what drivers did you install to get alc 850 to work?Only the front connections work?

thanks

see sig for specs.

1st try I got "waiting for root device" found out I didn't install drivers for the ATA drives.

2nd try kernel panic when booting up Leopard. It was do to the fact that I selected the nvidia drivers when installing.

3rd try I got a successful boot (no ci/qe) installed the nvidia.pkg via Pacifist reboot and got full gfx.

Sound and Lan worked OOTB without selecting anything other than chipset kexts from the installation menu.

Sleep doesn't work for me tried both kernels. Time Machine doesn't work. Kernel panic when copying large files

PC: Homebrew

Graphics: Integrated GeForce 6150 (Only one resolution so probably no - qe/ci)

Mobo: ASUS A8N-VM CSM Geforce & Nforce Chipsets

Sound: UPATED! Sound is working! ( Its Analog Devices AD1986A AC97)

Extra Install: Boot loader worked great, tried to install sound Azalia & Graphics w/o luck

Overall/Summary: System is rock solid. I've run almost every program, downloaded files and its good.

Wish I could get the sound and graphics working though. Detected my wireless card and set it up

great. Bluetooth works seemlessly to text from dashboard widget to my cell phone. Awesome!!!

Install went smooth. What are the two other kernels for on the install??

THANKS ZEPH!!

EDIT: I got the sound working with this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry639054

Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3

Chipset: nForce 430

RAM: 2 GB DDR 2 RAM

HD1: 250 GB Seagate SATA HD (XP, Data, Blank Partition)

HD2: 250 GB Seagate SATA HD (Data)

HD3: 40 GB Western Digital PATA HD (OS X temp disk)

Sound: ALC 883

Network: On board nForce LAN

Video: On board GeForce 6150

I got Leopard installed on the PATA drive, but I do not have any SATA write abilities. Medevil's kext is loaded, and according to Zeph, it's the current version. I can "see" the drives and can read data off of them, but I can't write to them meaning I can't clone the current disk to the blank partition so I can run OS X off of my SATA disk.

Other problems:

No QE/CI video

No sound

No network

It's pretty bare, but it's semi-working. That's at least a start. Any help?

Alright, tried to install it on a bigger harddrive so I could dual boot Vista and Osx, but now when I try to boot it up, I get the apple logo loading screen, but after 20 seconds, a little stop sign thing appears in the middle of it. I can get a picture in a minute.AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 939 Venice 2.2ghz SSE3Asus A8R-MX/SI2 gb ddr400Realtek ALC880Marvell Yukon 2ATI Radeon X1900.Here it is.Photo_0666.jpg

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+

Mobo: ASUS A8V Deluxe

Ram: 3 GB Ram

Graphics: ATI Radeon X1950 Pro (0x7280). Not working; No Resolution, No Qe/Ci

Sound: Yes it is working. But nothing is showing system profiler.

Extra items selected during install: SKGE Network Drivers, VIA Chipset Drivers, All Audio Drivers

Overall/Summary: It worked great from the 1st time. I just reinstalled it maybe 4 times trying to get the video to work with different drivers with no luck.