[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Hi Superhai,

I recently installed iAtkos v7 and am having problems with the wifi and sound drivers. Which drivers would you recommend me to install on my m1330 dell xps? I have intel wireless 4965 interface, sigmatel stac 92xx hd audio and broadcom 59xx. I tried most of the drivers listed on this forum but was unable to get any of them working. Please, could you recommend me any other alternative for the wifi or the ethernet?

Thanks.

I created a preboot cd for installing snow, and decided to share it with you. It is in its infancy and specifically designed for my Dell XPS M1330. It is straighforward, insert and boot from it - when chameleon screen completes loading, eject the cd and insert the Snow Leopard dvd and wait for approx one minute. Then press F5 and if all goes well you will see the DVD as an icon. Choose it and off you go.

TODO:

-Use 64 bit (it is 32 bit due to the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext from 10.5)

-Use DSDT.aml, some issues with chameleon still prevails

-Fix gfx and audio

-Other minor fixes

Dell Preboot ISO

Thank you very much for this Superhai. I was able to setup my M1530 fully on Snow Leopard with audio, video, ethernet, and battery. However, I cannot get sleep to work. What do I need to do to get sleep to work on Snow Leopard? Also, do I need a DSDT.aml and how do I get one?

I created a preboot cd for installing snow, and decided to share it with you. It is in its infancy and specifically designed for my Dell XPS M1330. It is straighforward, insert and boot from it - when chameleon screen completes loading, eject the cd and insert the Snow Leopard dvd and wait for approx one minute. Then press F5 and if all goes well you will see the DVD as an icon. Choose it and off you go.

TODO:

-Fix gfx and audio

-Other minor fixes

Dell Preboot ISO

Thank you! but someone has to take / create or whatever the first page of this thread! there's too much informations lost because of that.

TODO:

-Fix gfx and audio

-Other minor fixes

Dell Preboot ISO

Superhai... your Boot CD for the Dell M1330 is genius. I must commend you for your efforts.

Now, out of curiousity, did you manage to get all of your hardware to recognize in Snow Leopard on the Dell M1330? I do have a Dell Wireless 1500 card (Broadcom based - same chip as the one on the Apple Airport Extreme card) which will replace the stock Intel WIFI card that it comes with so I should be able to get that recognized. For all other hardware, such as video and audio, what kexts did you use? Also are there any pitfalls that I should be wary of? Thank you for your time. :D

Guru

P.S. I bought my OS X disc at the store to support Apple as they make excellent software.

TODO:

-Fix gfx and audio

-Other minor fixes

Dell Preboot ISO

Many thanks, Superhai.

I will let the M1330 have Leopard instead Snow Leopard for a While.

I already have Snow Leopard on my new MacBook Pro, my new Mac Pro (received yesterday) and the Mac Pro of the office, so the M1330, the P35-DS3L and the PowerBook 12" will continue with Leopard some time.

Having very little time for testing things makes me angry when something is broken :D

hi superhai your dell preboot work fantastic on my dell inspiron1318

gmax3100 work sond work wifi work native dell1390

but if i boot just whit cameleon rc3 i have kernel panic

if i boot whit your cd not probleme

are you a idea for put your boot but no nececary cd for boot

excuse for my english

and tank you for your work

I'm following macgirl on this one. I'm gonna hold off on installing Snow Leo for now. Leo works mighty well for me, and I got great compatibility on my M1530. I don't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling everything again if it won't work as I would like it to. Considering I use Final Cut on an almost daily basis, this will be a big fat drawback... as soon as a good distro shows up (I'm waiting for iKaros) and people here have confirmed it works, I'll try it. In the meantime, no snow for my Leo.

Congrats on your new Mac Pro, macgirl.

It is very generic, so it should work on most setups, at least v1. When the new version RC3 of chameleon is out you can use it to boot Snow Leopard just fine.

Wow thanks a lot Superhai.

I just bought Snow Leopard :)

Is it possible to dual boot with windows 7 with the chameleon ?

Nobody can help me? :)

Guys who installed SL on M1330/M1530, could you please share your knowledge to the others?

Please post instructions!

Thanx!

TODO:

How to do this steps?

Nobody can help me? :D

Guys who installed SL on M1330/M1530, could you please share your knowledge to the others?

Please post instructions!

Thanx!

TODO:

How to do this steps?

This is what I did...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...654&st=700#

So long and thanks for all the fish.

My laptop had a horrible accident a few weeks back, yes, it was fatal. Pondering the purchase I realized that I was running os x 100% of the time and although I thoroughly enjoyed hacking away with different kexts and getting it all working I don't have the time to do so most of the time. Upgrades are scary! :)

I'm now waiting for my brand spanking new imac to be delivered. I still wanted to thank all the people in this thread that has helped me out over the past year and a half. Thanks!

I think apple should be proud of the effort that is being put in to run their OS on other hardware. If it wouldn't have been possible I still would have been running Linux - and happily so. Hackintosh is a bit like an entry drug that way ;)

thanks,

dantastic

TODO:

-Fix gfx and audio

-Other minor fixes

Dell Preboot ISO

Thanks for your BootCD Superhai.

I have just realised that after announcing I had found your BootCD on my thread, I have never actually come back here to say thank you for your work and giving everyone another option for installing Snow Leopard. The BootCD I have on my thread is essentially your BootCD with a few amendments, and it has been used successfully a number of times.

So Good work and Thanks from me and everyone on my thread that has successfully used it B)

Thanks for your BootCD Superhai.

Your welcome. The boot cd is basically the same as for leopard, whats new is the chameleon boot loader (and some small kext adjustments). The one to really thank is the chameleon team. I find it also amusing that people do read this thread even when they don't have the laptops in the thread title. :-)

I also see other that claims to recreate heaven and earth, and all they did was take the cdboot file from here and add it to their poor boot cd. That was not meant for you blackosx, just to be clear on that.

Anyway, I was thinking of creating a new Dell XPS M1330 (for 10.6) thread like this (probably on a more moderated forum to avoid some of the ignorant/noob-noise as found in this thread). If there is interest for it.

Anyway, I was thinking of creating a new Dell XPS M1330 (for 10.6) thread like this (probably on a more moderated forum to avoid some of the ignorant/noob-noise as found in this thread). If there is interest for it.

Please tell us if you do.

Thanks a lot.

The interest is indeed there, no doubt about that. An XPS M1530/M1330 Snow Leo thread would have been a treat even though I've had the 10.6 up and running with Windows 7 Enterprise x64 for nearly a month now, yet still it would have been very helpful to be able to refer to a singular system specific compilation. How about a vote?

Your welcome. The boot cd is basically the same as for leopard, whats new is the chameleon boot loader (and some small kext adjustments). The one to really thank is the chameleon team. I find it also amusing that people do read this thread even when they don't have the laptops in the thread title. :-)

I also see other that claims to recreate heaven and earth, and all they did was take the cdboot file from here and add it to their poor boot cd. That was not meant for you blackosx, just to be clear on that.

Hi Superhai,

Sure, go ahead.

I'm sure we will find many useful informations...

Also, if it can help to solve this shutdown/restart problem nightmare... ;-)

Thanks in advance.

TODO:

-Fix gfx and audio

-Other minor fixes

Dell Preboot ISO

Hi Superhai,

Do you object to my crediting you and the Chameleon team and then using your Dell BootCD .iso but modding it to help nForce chipset + Intel CPU owners install Snow Leopard in my thread....?

Cheers

verdant

I've read through every guide I can find here and I'm still not able to get my battery icon and power managment working on my XPS 1530. It seems like all of the guides are outdated.

Here's what I'm running:

Installed OS X from iATKOS V7

Installed update to 10.5.8

Can someone please offer some guidance?

Thanks!