[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Hello all.

Here's my little story about OSX 10.5.7 on Vostro 1500 with NV 8400M GS 128Mb video card (the main subject of this story).

To make QE/CI work i've been using LeopardGraphicsUpdate kexts + EFI string. Almost everything was ok. Good performance in OS interface (except little laggy dock) and OGL games.

But some time ago i've noticed that in some cases (Safari 4 "Top Sites", Quick Look's index sheet with many photos, etc) graphics freezes and the only way out is hard reboot. In system log i found this: NVChannel(GL): Graphics channel exception!....

So i decided to try macgirl's NVinject... I reapplied 10.5.7 combo upd and put injector in. Reboot... And what u think? All is ok. QE, CI and it seems to be no darned exceptions...

I was almost happy. But when i tried to play any OGL game (Spore, NFS) it was laggy (it wasn't before!), though fps in OGL Extensions Viewer is > 500.

I would appreciate any advices on how can i fix it.

Thank you for your attention. ; )

My current problem is my Dell Inspiron 1525 heats up and tries to sleep when I do encoding of videos and play games like Sims 3. I am running 10.5.7. Has anyone experienced this problem and have a possible solution as to how I can fix this?

Hello all.

Here's my little story about OSX 10.5.7 on Vostro 1500 with NV 8400M GS 128Mb video card (the main subject of this story).

To make QE/CI work i've been using LeopardGraphicsUpdate kexts + EFI string. Almost everything was ok. Good performance in OS interface (except little laggy dock) and OGL games.

But some time ago i've noticed that in some cases (Safari 4 "Top Sites", Quick Look's index sheet with many photos, etc) graphics freezes and the only way out is hard reboot. In system log i found this: NVChannel(GL): Graphics channel exception!....

So i decided to try macgirl's NVinject... I reapplied 10.5.7 combo upd and put injector in. Reboot... And what u think? All is ok. QE, CI and it seems to be no darned exceptions...

I was almost happy. But when i tried to play any OGL game (Spore, NFS) it was laggy (it wasn't before!), though fps in OGL Extensions Viewer is > 500.

I would appreciate any advices on how can i fix it.

Thank you for your attention. ; )

Disable Quartz Gl using OSX86Tools.

This worked... yet my native Keyboard, trackpad, and Wireless radio are totally null... they will register in the boot sequence, yet they are totally dead in pretty much any post-boot scenario.

I'm running a Dell Inspiron 1525, if that helps.

"My current problem is my Dell Inspiron 1525 heats up and tries to sleep when I do encoding of videos and play games like Sims 3. I am running 10.5.7. Has anyone experienced this problem and have a possible solution as to how I can fix this?"

I am having a real issue with heat running 10.5.7. It has gotten worse where I could be downloading something and walk away for a few hours come back and its hot but wont come back on. I have to hold down the button to shut it off and then restart. Any idea why this is happening and has it happened to anyone else?

In Leopard everything works perfectly, except for internal mic and shutdown and restart. Complete Vanilla and some modded/extra kexts. But you will have to spend a week or so to get that going. It is not an "out of the box" thing.

The fix came from a 10.5.7 beta driver and is now standard in 10.5.7.

For those running 10.5.6 or below (am not sure about backward compatibility), you will find the kext here with instructions: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1122524

For those running 10.5.7 you will find the kext here with instructions: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1157623

In both of them you will have to fix mac id.

hy everyone,

just finished installing iAtkos V7 - 10.5.7 - on this config :

Dell Vostro 1500 notebook

CPU : Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T9300, 2,5GHz, 6M L2, 800MHz FSB

Chip : Intel Crestline-PM PM965

RAM : 3072 MB (667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM)

VGA : GeForce 8600M GT (512 MB)

SND : SigmaTel STAC9205X @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller

LAN : Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

WLAN : Mini-card Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN

FAX : Conexant HDA D330 MDC V.92 Modem

BLTH : Dell Wireless 355 Module with Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Technology

BIOS : A06

* installed with -v

* install ended successfully, shutdown works :D , for touchpad and keyboard installed VoodooPS2 - now both work

* but i'm having issues with the VGA ... not detected at all (1024 resolution), wireless not detected, sound not detected BUT ... i can hear sound in the laptop speakers ;) and ... the processor shows 1,5Gh ... if you could help - please do ! - just drop a link or anything ... thanks!

* I took the chance and quoted talisman as I've seen he has great experience with a similar configuration - hope he don't mind

* install ended successfully, shutdown works :D , for touchpad and keyboard installed VoodooPS2 - now both work

* but i'm having issues with the VGA ... not detected at all (1024 resolution), wireless not detected, sound not detected BUT ... i can hear sound in the laptop speakers :blink: and ... the processor shows 1,5Gh ... if you could help - please do ! - just drop a link or anything ... thanks!

* I took the chance and quoted talisman as I've seen he has great experience with a similar configuration - hope he don't mind

Talisman does not mind..!!

Are you using Nvinject.kext for your video or a DSDT.aml modded for the video?? Chances are your shutdown/reboot will be broken once you get your video fixed. If you use nvinject, you will need the correct NVCAP values for VGA out to work. I am not sure if they are the same for your card and mine.

If you have a 1505, wireless should work out of the box. Make sure you have wireless turned on in all possible ways, hardware switch, BIOS and in the windows distro if you have one.

Sound will not show up correctly in the system profiler if unless you edit config data in AppleHDAController.kext in AppleHDA.kext. But that is not a problem unless you are losing sound after a reboot or sleep.

You might want to download the 10.5.7 combo update from the apple website and install that to make sure everything was installed properly. You will need to reinstall any modded kexts (the voodoos and any non apple kext will survive this though...)

Hello all, I was wondering, if anyone had found a solution to the issue with the sound not working after reboot. I have an XPS m1530 w/ Sigmatel 9228 chipset. I am running 10.5.6 and have had sound on the first boot each of the three times I have installed, however after the first reboot it is gone and never returns.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Talisman does not mind..!!

Are you using Nvinject.kext for your video or a DSDT.aml modded for the video?? Chances are your shutdown/reboot will be broken once you get your video fixed. If you use nvinject, you will need the correct NVCAP values for VGA out to work. I am not sure if they are the same for your card and mine.

If you have a 1505, wireless should work out of the box. Make sure you have wireless turned on in all possible ways, hardware switch, BIOS and in the windows distro if you have one.

Sound will not show up correctly in the system profiler if unless you edit config data in AppleHDAController.kext in AppleHDA.kext. But that is not a problem unless you are losing sound after a reboot or sleep.

You might want to download the 10.5.7 combo update from the apple website and install that to make sure everything was installed properly. You will need to reinstall any modded kexts (the voodoos and any non apple kext will survive this though...)

* at the moment I did not install anything for video ... I'm looking for what others have done with this config and try it myself .... i'm lloking for a DSDT.aml moded for my video but i'm new to this method and I'm still researching - the video card is my main cunsorne

* at the moment i'm not using the WIReless that mush so it would be a big problem - same with sound (i also have a externalt dedicated sound card that i use mainly that comes with Mac drivers by default)

* the power off / reboot ... not a problem at all - i don't mind

... any links to a good VIDEO install step-by-step tutorial ?

(i will update with the 5.7 combo)

... any links to a good VIDEO install step-by-step tutorial ?

M1530 only

You will need this for the video: no nvinject required: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1160495

This for the audio (hdenabler not required if you use the above dsdt.aml): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1010970

This for the ethernet (you have to change mac address): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1157623

This for the SD card reader: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1136196

Edit: There is a VoodooSDHC in the voodoo projects org page.

also you will need AppleDecrypt.kext, IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext, SMBIOSResolver.kext (Get this from wingrunr21's guide): http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=119654

Edit: SMBiosResolver not necessary if you use Chameleon v2 bootloader and smbios.plist in /extra

Look for VodooPower.kext (speedstepping), VoodooBattery.kext (Battery Icon) and VoodooUSBEHCI.kext (sleep) in Superhai's website: http://www.superhai.com/darwin.html

For keyboard and trackpad try this: VoodooPS2

I removed AppleAzalia, and installed the 2 HDA kexts, and I have sound out of the middle audio port, but nothing out of the internal speakers. Is this normal and is there a fix for this?

M1330 - Sigmatel 9228 - 10.5.7 installed using the combo update from a iAtkos 10.5.4 install.

Thanks anyone who can help!

My Kernel_Task needs alot of Memory up to 180MB

I think it had to do with the Keyboard Extensions (ApplePS2Controller, ApplePS2Keyboard, ApplePS2Mouse) because I can´t create Keyboard Shortcuts.

Thx for help

Hi, well I have an iAtkos 5 10.5.5 XPS M1530 PC and I was thinking about updating it to .7. My question is: is there a problem by updating it from Software Update Application? Then, which kext are unusefull after the installation, and which ones should I need, there is a problem with Nvidias 8400 card, and what kext should I use, for sound. If I have a dell 1505 wifi card will still be usefull? That are all my questions thanks

Just a friendly update from my side -

I was able to install iATKOS v7 10.5.7 on my XPS m1530 first attempt. The only issue I've spotted in the few minutes I've spent with it is my wi-fi doesn't seen to be working out of the box. My lan connection however is working which was a nice surprise.

Thanks,

Scott