[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

If you have a 1530 you will need these kexts in a vanilla install if you use Brandon2004/Chrysaor DSDT.aml

picture1ypq.th.png

EDIT: You also need the IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext if you wish to not delete the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (recommended)

The PS2nub and PS2Controller are linked above. The modified PS2Keyboard will actually be installed by the alps trackpad driver. All other kexts are linked in wingrunr21's guide. Hope this helps.

You don't need smbiosresolver with Chameleon 2.0 (with smbios.plist) and voodoops2 replaces appleacpips2nub and appleps2. Make sure to get the updated versions from voodoo forums by trip2me (for keyboard, supports media keys without butler) and slashack (great alps trackpad support but only 1 finger scrolling). Also use Disabler to block AICPUPM and AppleUpstreamUserClient.

HDAenabler needs edit to work on 10.5.7

actual HDAenabler info.plist says:

<key>com.apple.kernel.iokit</key>
	 <string>6.9.9</string>

need to say:

<key>com.apple.kernel.iokit</key>
	 <string>7.9.9</string>

After updating to 10.5.7 (Vostro 1510) i lost sound, i fixed the HDAEnabler in this way but the sound device is gone, in the System preferences Sound panel i get a "No output devices found" but in the System profiler Audio information i get:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x10280273

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

so, the os is detecting something but maybe is unable to use, any clue? may i need to reinstall HDAEnabler and then fix it or just fixing the old 10.5.6 kext should work?

thanks in advance guys.

regards, dz

macgirl (also posted on wingrunr21's link as well...not sure which one is being monitored...sorry for the double post).

Can you update your great tutorial on how to set up smbios.plist with Chameleon 2.0RC1 bootloader with the m1330's? (or can you post your smbios.plist and your com.apple.Boot.plist so we can review)? i did various searches and was able to find some information but really non-specific to our m1330's (not to mention confusing trying to edit values). Is there a link explaining information to include/modify in the smbios.plist? I was unable to find specific info on this topic.

I am trying to get away from using the old 'injector' SMBIOSReslover.kext thus fixing my minor issue with 10.5.7 not reporting my hardware info correctly. It started doing this after the 10.5.7 update.

thanks in advance! :thumbsdown_anim:

Hi everyone,

I have some Problems with my Laptop Integratet Webcam.

If I boot without the power plug pluged in the Webcam works without any Problmes. If I boot with the power plug the Frames drop to 4-5 FPS.

Anyone who had the same Problem ?

Anyone who no know a fix for the Problem ?

thx in advanced

luggi

Hi everyone,

I have some Problems with my Laptop Integratet Webcam.

If I boot without the power plug pluged in the Webcam works without any Problmes. If I boot with the power plug the Frames drop to 4-5 FPS.

Anyone who had the same Problem ?

Anyone who no know a fix for the Problem ?

thx in advanced

luggi

I havent had any problem with my Webcam, it works flawlessly, it would help if you told us which Laptop do you have

macgirl (also posted on wingrunr21's link as well...not sure which one is being monitored...sorry for the double post).

Can you update your great tutorial on how to set up smbios.plist with Chameleon 2.0RC1 bootloader with the m1330's? (or can you post your smbios.plist and your com.apple.Boot.plist so we can review)? i did various searches and was able to find some information but really non-specific to our m1330's (not to mention confusing trying to edit values). Is there a link explaining information to include/modify in the smbios.plist? I was unable to find specific info on this topic.

I am trying to get away from using the old 'injector' SMBIOSReslover.kext thus fixing my minor issue with 10.5.7 not reporting my hardware info correctly. It started doing this after the 10.5.7 update.

thanks in advance! :)

Also for the M1530 would be nice. We almost need a new thread now for M1330/M1530 with 10.5.6 and 10.5.7. I have been using the iPC OSx86 Final installer 10.5.6. Hope they continue with this great installer. I have been able to use this installer for all of my Workstations and Laptops. It also has drivers for PIV PC's. Just a fantastic release!!

Can someone please tell me... Is it possible to get s-video out with a 8600m gt? Or, I have a vga to s-video converter cable as well... could I get s-video out through the vga port? I've searched but can't find much on s-video output.

Can someone please help me with my power management. My CPU tends to get really hot (in the mid 55 to 60C using superhai program) and also my clock is "off" ie. after like an hour, my system clock will be like 3 or 4 minutes behind, so after a few hours of use, my system time is almost 15-20 minutes off and until I autosync it doesnt get fixed. Please help!

I have a Dell XPS M1330 running 10.5.6, c2d T8100 2.1GHz

Can someone please help me with my power management. My CPU tends to get really hot (in the mid 55 to 60C using superhai program) and also my clock is "off" ie. after like an hour, my system clock will be like 3 or 4 minutes behind, so after a few hours of use, my system time is almost 15-20 minutes off and until I autosync it doesnt get fixed. Please help!

I have a Dell XPS M1330 running 10.5.6, c2d T8100 2.1GHz

The clock thing seems to be a kernel problem. I had it once. Reapply the 10.5.6 combo update. It happened to me because I had a mismatch between the OS version and the Kernel version.

I don't know if this has been done before, and search aint working at all (spits an error)... so excuse me if I repeat something that was discussed. Here we go...

Can you make a mobile broadband card (case in point: sierra wireless MC8781 minipci) which has drivers and software for OSX, actually work on a hackintoshed Dell XPS M1530? I know it'll work in Windows, but... how about in Mac? (If you're like me, you didn't know until now that if you remove the battery on the laptop, there's a nice slot for your phone's sim card tucked in there, and there's a free minipci slot to the side of the wireless card meant for mobile broadband, labeled WWAN... I love ripping my laptop apart. XD) My point is, a Macbook Pro does not have a spare minipci slot for a WWAN card, much less the antenna, nor the plugin for a simcard reader, nor a simcard reader. My XPS M1530 has all that. The USB variant of that card (Sierra 881U), which actually has an MC8781 minipci card inside (buying that gives ya the best of both worlds!!!), works for OSX, and has drivers and software for it. I was thinking, would it read it off the minipci port? It should, I mean... it's reading the wireless card just fine, and that's also on a minipci slot, and that's also the MBP's airport card's interface. So OSX DOES read off a minipci slot. So... has anyone tried this?

I was thinking of buying one, since I'll be travelling a lot and it's far more convenient to just have my laptop, instead of the laptop+cable+phone... less hassle. Found that card at ebay... much more effective than the dell one (dell goes 3.6Mbps, sierra hits 7.2) It'd be cool if it was also usable on the Mac side of the laptop.

edit: I sorta kept googling and i found there's a big chance of it working. The card's on its way here. I'll post my findings later.

What models here with the right graphics mobility card run final cut pro and the firewire in with no problem?

On the other hand, is anyone having problems with the firewire- it only allows 1MB download then quits or the device isn't recognized at all? Or final cut pro just wont start or has strange bugs that prevent it from operating normally?

hey guys, I have XPS M1530 (CPU: C2D T8300 2,4GHz, 4GB RAM, GPU: NVidia 8600M GT) and I would love to try Mac OS X (honestly, esp. the "snow" version comming up soon). I only wonder, how fast and swift is Mac OS on PC. Is it anything like on Mac or is it going to be slow witj lags? I would like to try it "as it would be on mac", Im not really interested in "beta" versions....

thanks!

What models here with the right graphics mobility card run final cut pro and the firewire in with no problem?

On the other hand, is anyone having problems with the firewire- it only allows 1MB download then quits or the device isn't recognized at all? Or final cut pro just wont start or has strange bugs that prevent it from operating normally?

I wanted that same thing, since I work for a media production company that's starting. At least, I wanted a normal sized laptop which could run OSX, FCP, and Logic perfectly. After lots of searching, my answer was the XPS M1530. So, I bought one. And I'm damn proud of having it.

Well, FCP works awesome for me, you just gotta make sure your graphics card has full support (QE/CI), and that your lan card works, and keep everything updated. FCP should start and work no prob. I've used it to remove/clean up chroma, works like a charm. My specs are in my sig. For those who still dun have the marvell lan working, there's been a fix out for some time, I think they extracted it out of a 10.6 beta, and it's working fine for me. That's what got FCP working. (it checks for a LAN, doesnt matter if you're connected via WiFi, like i am)

About the Firewire, haven't tested importing with it yet. I'll add that to my list now.

hey guys, I have XPS M1530 (CPU: C2D T8300 2,4GHz, 4GB RAM, GPU: NVidia 8600M GT) and I would love to try Mac OS X (honestly, esp. the "snow" version comming up soon). I only wonder, how fast and swift is Mac OS on PC. Is it anything like on Mac or is it going to be slow witj lags? I would like to try it "as it would be on mac", Im not really interested in "beta" versions....

thanks!

In Leopard everything works perfectly, except for internal mic and shutdown and restart. Complete Vanilla and some modded/extra kexts. But you will have to spend a week or so to get that going. It is not an "out of the box" thing.

For those who still dun have the marvell lan working, there's been a fix out for some time, I think they extracted it out of a 10.6 beta, and it's working fine for me. That's what got FCP working. (it checks for a LAN, doesnt matter if you're connected via WiFi, like i am)

The fix came from a 10.5.7 beta driver and is now standard in 10.5.7.

For those running 10.5.6 or below (am not sure about backward compatibility), you will find the kext here with instructions: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1122524

For those running 10.5.7 you will find the kext here with instructions: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1157623

In both of them you will have to fix mac id.

hey guys, I'm wondering if someone can help me to get core image and quartz extreme working on my m1530. I have a t9300 cpu, 8600m GT, 4gb ram, and installed iPC 10.5.6 then updated to 10.5.7. I tried the nvidia option from the dell laptop post installer with no success. I also tried the nvidia option from the iPC install disk; i can't remember if it was working after install but certainly after 10.5.7 my core image is software and quartz extreme is unsupported...I also have quartz gl enabled. As I'm pretty sure I have everything else working, I'd really like to get ci/qe enabled to finally get everything working as it should. I'd really appreciate if someone could point me to the right drivers or just let me know how they got it working. Thanks

I have a Dell XPS m1330 with intel graphics, 4gb ram, 9220 sound, and 1390 wifi card. I had everything working under 10.5.6. Then i did the internet update to 10.5.7 and now my wireless card is no longer detected, nor is my sound card. Help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

hey guys, I'm wondering if someone can help me to get core image and quartz extreme working on my m1530. I have a t9300 cpu, 8600m GT, 4gb ram, and installed iPC 10.5.6 then updated to 10.5.7. I tried the nvidia option from the dell laptop post installer with no success. I also tried the nvidia option from the iPC install disk; i can't remember if it was working after install but certainly after 10.5.7 my core image is software and quartz extreme is unsupported...I also have quartz gl enabled. As I'm pretty sure I have everything else working, I'd really like to get ci/qe enabled to finally get everything working as it should. I'd really appreciate if someone could point me to the right drivers or just let me know how they got it working. Thanks

Check this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1160495

To enable QuartzGL you will need Quartz Debug: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=930144

Follow from step 4.

If nothing works, apply the 10.5.7 combo update.

Any experts, can you look through my config and see if you find any issues that prevent the wireless/sound/display not working properly? I've tried about 5 months ago, but the drivers weren't available then, so had to remove mac off my laptop. Thanks for the help!

PC - Dell XPS M1530 laptop.

Soundcard - Audigy HD audio card.

Wireless - Dell WLAN 1350 Mini card.

Graphics - Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT.

Any experts, can you look through my config and see if you find any issues that prevent the wireless/sound/display not working properly? I've tried about 5 months ago, but the drivers weren't available then, so had to remove mac off my laptop. Thanks for the help!

PC - Dell XPS M1530 laptop.

Soundcard - Audigy HD audio card.

Wireless - Dell WLAN 1350 Mini card.

Graphics - Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT.

Im not so sure about the 1350 (or do you mean 1390??) but everything else works and has worked for the past year or more....

Im not so sure about the 1350 (or do you mean 1390??) but everything else works and has worked for the past year or more....

lol, I feel like such an idiot. I've been saying 1350 to everyone I've met. I've just rechecked, it's 1395.

Thanks for the reply, will get to the install this weekend.