KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Dune 31,

My computer (Sony vaio , Pentium M Sse2, 1gb Ram) will boot the disk but after the booting, the dvd stops spinning and my comp either shuts down or gives me a gray screen with the spinning thing then shuts down.

ONce in a while, it gives me the select language screen but then freezes as i click the next button

Thanks and please i need help

ajabri

I have tried the install with no options, vanilla options, drivers and no drivers options but always end up at one of two places:

an endless apple grey screen or a "hold power and restart message"

If i watch in verbose mode it always hangs at the RTL8139 initialization or kernel panics depending on the options I used to install.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Specs are StepNote 2052T: Intel943GML/ICH7, GMA950, 80gb Sata as ACHI...bios options are very limited.

Now i have a big problem .. -_-

I cant write, the keyboard used to work but it dosent work now, i need to write my password in the authentic box. So i can install the British keyboard layout. But i can't. Is it any built in program that i can use to write without keyboard? :)

Well I tryed to install second time on another drive with Vanillas, Network support, Audio and GUID and now after welcome screen my keyboard is not working.

But it worked when I installed on SATA drive.

Have you sorted out this problem and how?

Ok I just have. I have USB Mouse and keyb cordless. The receiver connects to pc with 2 plugs - USB and PS2 for Keyboard, so as soon as I unplugged PS2 it started typing ) lol

Ok, I re installed again,

I partitioned my HDD using diskutil then GUID.

I customized the options and installed both Vanillas no displays and only GUID (when I tried to install using MBR it failed)

So I get to a successfull install it reboots and rapidly reboots again.

I chose to boot from the HD with Leo on it then "pressed any key for options" made sure to select the Leo HDD and typed -v but I could not read any thing it wrote out...

Going to re install yet once again....

My specs are listed here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...cname=c00303941

Here is the Asus P5W DH Deluxe Guide

FIRST OF ALL PLEASE BUY LEOPARD!!! it costs not much but it is a great OS! Thanks

Look at the pictures and config it in the same way, this is for the

BIOS Version: 2406

Build Date: 11/16/07

Please do all the same like the pictures shows you and you will be happy!

Thanks a lot for this DVD-ROM :hysterical:

Step:

01: 41323043we9.th.jpg02: 34609182of0.th.jpg03: 82165681ct8.th.jpg04: 76923578yu2.th.jpg

05: 82533740ny3.th.jpg06: 34733159hr8.th.jpg07: 46432834du6.th.jpg08: 17512428re9.th.jpg

09: 13198933an1.th.jpg10: 10ig9.th.jpg11: 11rn3.th.jpg12: 12mq9.th.jpg

13: 13yf2.th.jpg14: 14xi6.th.jpg15: 15hw0.th.jpg16: 16wh3.th.jpg

WAIT: 24ne2.th.jpg17: 17cs2.th.jpg18: 18nm8.th.jpg19: 19va0.th.jpg

20: 20ek5.th.jpg21: 21hh1.th.jpg22: 22tk9.th.jpg23: 23hw0.th.jpg

Merry Christmas,

by root2

WOW!!!! I wish you have a P35-DQ6 too!! Im installing this in my girls pc and before reading this i couldnt get into the menu!!!

Thanks for share this BIOS tips!!!!! If any1 got the same on P35-DQ6 would be a very nice Christmas present!!!!

Thanks 4 this!!!!!!!

Impressive!!!!!!

I had an unzip error with XP -corrupt or invalid zip.

My Mac opened it no problem, sent it back over to the pc to burn the dvd.

It seemed to be loading fine in -v and then just rebooted - EBIOS error?

Rebootin again gave the same problem.

BTW, dimension 4400, 1.4, 1GB RAM.

The EBIOS error can be "controlled" by ejecting and reinserting the DVD, seems insane to me.

The reboot error occurred at TMSAFETYNET

The last time I tried , I got "computer had errors starting up, pausing 5 seconds" - I may have gotten the pause to see TMSAFETYNET by pulling the DVD a few files before that.

dune31: one question

i installed with mbr darwin and without vanilla and acpi file cause i had problems with my ps2 keyboard

after the install i tested boot with vanilla kernel by typing "vanilla" at darwinv loader

everything ok,i even downloaded all the apple updates

now i even copied the acpi_fix *that together with vanilla caused ps2 keyboard now working* ,and everything works ok!

does it mean that now i can replace the mach_kernel with the vanilla and it would be like normal install?

or do i need to reinstall it from the beggining and choose the vanilla and acpi in setup?(maybe installs hidden files?)

thankz

I finally got to the installation after many tries with iATKOS until I gave up on that.  I had the reboot problem with iATKOS, and then I downloaded kaly's.  Got through all the cpus=1 problem and found out that I had to disconnect my SATA hard drives or the installation would hang.  I got through partitioning/formatting the hard drive and customizing the installation options.  Then, a few minutes into the installation I get stuck with this: Install Failed.  The Installer could not validate the contents of the 'AsianLanguagesSupport' package.  Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Any reason why it would do this?  I can't find any options for language packages like there are in other OSx86 versions.  

I'm running on:

Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard w/ nForce 650i chipset

Intel Core 2 Duo e6300

2gb DDR2

Installing to 80gb IDE hard drive, from an IDE DVD drive if it matters. Any other info that you might need to know?

IMG_0110.jpg

Finally!! I have a Acer TravelMate 3002WTMi, with SSE2.

At first, I had all the problems that everybody is describing. After installation, when I tried to boot, I got the "reboot loop".

But, I did a reinstallation where I UNCHECKED both of the "Vanilla Kernal" options. And that was the the trick! I now run Leopard successfully, only problem is to start iWork 08, but hopefully someone can help me with this.

Thanks Kalyway and Dune .... I was previously running JaS 10.4.8 on my Toshiba Satellite M100 1.7ghz Core2 ...

Using the Darwin bootloader with Windows XP aswell.

I enabled that BIOS setting, booted your DVD with command vanilla.

Erased my existing OSX Partiton in Diskutility.

Installed both Vanilla _Kernal and Vanilla_ACPI_fix, chose AZALIA_out, and EFI_MBR bootloader.

After 20 mins or so, all installed, rebooted and worked perfectly.

Everything works, Sound, Network (Ethernet), Video, Bluetooth .. only thing not working is the Intel Wireless.

And Darwin bootloader is still working, I can still boot windows xp without having to change anything.

Thank you so much for an awesome and painless release =]

PanterA

I finally got to the installation after many tries with iATKOS until I gave up on that. I had the reboot problem with iATKOS, and then I downloaded kaly's. Got through all the cpus=1 problem and found out that I had to disconnect my SATA hard drives or the installation would hang. I got through partitioning/formatting the hard drive and customizing the installation options. Then, a few minutes into the installation I get stuck with this: Install Failed. The Installer could not validate the contents of the 'AsianLanguagesSupport' package. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.Any reason why it would do this? I can't find any options for language packages like there are in other OSx86 versions. I'm running on:Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard w/ nForce 650i chipsetIntel Core 2 Duo e63002gb DDR2Installing to 80gb IDE hard drive, from an IDE DVD drive if it matters. Any other info that you might need to know?IMG_0110.jpg
your DVD or your Iso is damaged.
Finally!! I have a Acer TravelMate 3002WTMi, with SSE2.At first, I had all the problems that everybody is describing. After installation, when I tried to boot, I got the "reboot loop".But, I did a reinstallation where I UNCHECKED both of the "Vanilla Kernal" options. And that was the the trick! I now run Leopard successfully, only problem is to start iWork 08, but hopefully someone can help me with this.
yes , Vanilla is only for SSE3 system(core familly). All of you who have SSE2 system musn't check vanilla stuff.

This is my first posting in this forum.Great forum and Kalyway DVD!I have Asus P5K mobo and tried to follow closely Root2's Bios and installation settings on Post 428.The installation went on OK, just like the first time, but this is already my tenth attempts already!It can boot up after installation and the Apple logo pops up normal.The next screen grey out and hangs.I try the verbose mode by -v -xiATKOS also hangs after reboot.I am suspecting the HD2600XT driver problem and I have already used the DVI2VGA connector and mentioned at Netkas.Please help!Asus P5K / Sapphire HD2600XT / 500GB SATA / 40GB IDE / 4GB RAM

This is my first posting in this forum.Great forum and Kalyway DVD!I have Asus P5K mobo and tried to follow closely Root2's Bios and installation settings on Post 428.The installation went on OK, just like the first time, but this is already my tenth attempts already!It can boot up after installation and the Apple logo pops up normal.The next screen grey out and hangs.I try the verbose mode by -v -xiATKOS also hangs after reboot.I am suspecting the HD2600XT driver problem and I have already used the DVI2VGA connector and mentioned at Netkas.Please help!Asus P5K / Sapphire HD2600XT / 500GB SATA / 40GB IDE / 4GB RAM
Sorry, I have attached a screen shot but it cannot be displayed!?

post-154963-1198461755_thumb.jpg

Kaly, thanks for your work. I havn't had any luck downloading it yet. But I do have a question, does this fix the long nagging problem of the Broadcom4311 wireless and headphone?

On my Compaq 571NR laptop, I have ToH installed with some modifications, Everything else works great except for these two problems. I tried everything in the forum to no avail. Can you at lease give me some idea what this from the system log mean and how to go about to fix the wireless issue?

Dec 20 14:08:47 MacPaq com.apple.kextd[10]: kld(): Undefined symbols:

Dec 20 14:08:47 MacPaq kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCPUCtrlLoop - pmCPUControl (PMIOCSETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x41f1700

Dec 20 14:08:47 MacPaq kextd[32]: kld_load_from_memory() failed for module /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleAirPortBrcm4311

Dec 20 14:08:47 MacPaq com.apple.kextd[10]: _m_mtod

Dec 20 14:08:47 MacPaq com.apple.kextd[10]: _rc4_crypt

Dec 20 14:08:47 MacPaq com.apple.kextd[10]: _rc4_init

Thanks again for your work

If I put a seperate harddrive in my computer just for installing Kalyway 10.5.1 and kept my current one to run windows XP, would it affect my computers ability to function on my current harddrive in any way? In other words, will this change anything except harddrive files, or does it involve changing Bios files or other such things?

Also, when I burned the DVD from the ISO file, the size is 192kbs. I'm thinking there's no way that's right, or am I missing some obvious detail?

Thanks very much in advance for any answers.

Thanks Kalyway for this program!

For those with "blinking cursor" at boot.

this is due to a damaged first sector on your HD (don't worry it isn't physical)

I recomand you to erase the disk with zero(with diskutil). No need to wait to the end, just the first sector of the disk

need to be erased. after that , redo your partitions whatever GUID or MBR, and reinstall.

That worked well. Thanks!

This is my first posting in this forum.Great forum and Kalyway DVD!I have Asus P5K mobo and tried to follow closely Root2's Bios and installation settings on Post 428.The installation went on OK, just like the first time, but this is already my tenth attempts already!It can boot up after installation and the Apple logo pops up normal.The next screen grey out and hangs.I try the verbose mode by -v -xiATKOS also hangs after reboot.I am suspecting the HD2600XT driver problem and I have already used the DVI2VGA connector and mentioned at Netkas.Please help!Asus P5K / Sapphire HD2600XT / 500GB SATA / 40GB IDE / 4GB RAMSorry, I have attached a screen shot but it cannot be displayed!?

hi ! i think your problem is related to natit ! try to boot with -s (single user mode) mount your system partition

/sbin/mount -uw / ! and do a rm -rf /system/library/extensions/natit.kext then type reboot !

should solves the boot problem !

Dear Kaly & Dune31,

O.K., I'm begging you guys, make that groveling -- Is there an answer to the spontaneous reboot problem that I (and others) reported in the initial run of Darwin from the DVD?

If there isn't, or if there is no solution, would you guys be kind enough so reply so I won't waste any more of your excellent forum's time and space?

Greatly appreciate a moment of your time. Thanks.

I have an Intel 945G (ICH7 in AHCI setting) with Pentium D 940.

Install went fine, but after install it didn't boot.

I tried following the Bad Axe 2 method. This seemingly worked, but now my computer begins to boot and immediately reboots.

I installed Vanill_Kernel and ACPI fix, plus the GUI efi...

Any help on how to get my installation working?

Thanks,

/mdg.

Dear Kaly & Dune31,

O.K., I'm begging you guys, make that groveling -- Is there an answer to the spontaneous reboot problem that I (and others) reported in the initial run of Darwin from the DVD?

If there isn't, or if there is no solution, would you guys be kind enough so reply so I won't waste any more of your excellent forum's time and space?

waiting for an answer too ;)

Dear Kaly & Dune31,

Yes, try at boot, pres F8 and type -legacy or -r or cpus=1. try each of this

I have an Intel 945G (ICH7 in AHCI setting) with Pentium D 940.

Install went fine, but after install it didn't boot.

I tried following the Bad Axe 2 method. This seemingly worked, but now my computer begins to boot and immediately reboots.

I installed Vanill_Kernel and ACPI fix, plus the GUI efi...

Any help on how to get my installation working?

Thanks,

/mdg.

Pentium D cannot use the Vanilla kernel...only Core architecture chips can. You must use a patched kernel with the Pentium D 940.

Pentium D cannot use the Vanilla kernel...only Core architecture chips can. You must use a patched kernel with the Pentium D 940.

Any advice on how I can repair this installation so I don't have to reinstall all over again?

Thanks,

/mdg.