KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Ok, I'm begging you guys.

Can someone tell me if there's any solution to the /com.apple.boot.plist not found error when trying to boot the installation DVD, meaning the initial boot, and not after installation?

EDIT: I am using a USB DVD drive, and I don't believe my mobo has the JMicron controller, as I have a P4 on 478 socket mobo.

hi ! i think your problem is related to natit ! try to boot with -s (single user mode) mount your system partition

/sbin/mount -uw / ! and do a rm -rf /system/library/extensions/natit.kext then type reboot !

should solves the boot problem !

Hi Kaly,

So glad to see your instructions.

Just came back from a movie with my family.

Kaly, your are Will Smith, your are Legend!

I have followed your instructions above and presumably removed the natit kext.

I can NOW boot up the graphical interface with -x command (I thought this is the safe mode).

I feel so glad to finally see Desktop after so many hours of trials.

My ATI HD2600XT is connected both DCI2VGA and HDMI to my LCD monitor and Plasma TV respectively.

There is no luck to the HDMI Plasma (no input signal).

Only 1024x768 resolution is supported under the -x command boot up.

If I allow the machine to boot up by itself, the famous dotted pattern will pop up as attached.

Is there a better driver to use the ATI display card?

Also, I need to look into the onboard network and audio cards issues.

I will report my progress in due course.

post-154963-1198478242_thumb.jpg

Any idea why I can't restore this ISO to a USB hard drive and use that instead of burning a DVD?

I've been able to do that with Brazilmac, ToH and iATKOS using instructions that I originally found in a Brazilmac posting. Don't have the exact error message anymore, but it was something about not being able to create the directory. It happens when the process is about 80% complete. The same ISO burns to DVD and seems to install fine (it just takes 5x longer).

Yes, the MD5s match.

Great release, though I seem to have a few problems...

1. In the countdown right after starting up the dvd, I see the plist problem. However, if I press a button and continue, the startup seems fine.

2. Using a normal startup without vanilla, I get a kernel panic, while the computer restarts completely using vanilla.

Could somebody help me with this? Manually searching the topic yields nothing for me, as I already did so...

Hi everybody!

after sucessful install of kalyway (mbr), i can not see the sata drives connected at my marvell sata controller on my badaxe2 intel mobo. with iakos, a had not such problems. the drives worked. setting of all drives=AHCI. can anybody give me an advice?

by the way. does anybody have a driver for sigmatel 9274d?

apooo

Hi Dune31,

first thank you and kaly for support! Could you give me some ideas for my problems? it´s a very "compatible" board and this is what i don´t understand.. Thanx in advance!

apooo

I have an Intel 945G (ICH7 in AHCI setting) with Pentium D 940.Install went fine, but after install it didn't boot.I tried following the Bad Axe 2 method. This seemingly worked, but now my computer begins to boot and immediately reboots.I installed Vanill_Kernel and ACPI fix, plus the GUI efi...Any help on how to get my installation working?Thanks,/mdg.
your cpu don't support vanilla! then don't select vanilla section !!! and this will wrk !!
Any advice on how I can repair this installation so I don't have to reinstall all over again?Thanks,/mdg.
at darwin boot type f8 ! then type tohkernel this will allow you to boot on patched kernel !!!! but i recommant to you formating with diskutility and reinstalling!
Hi Kaly,So glad to see your instructions.Just came back from a movie with my family.Kaly, your are Will Smith, your are Legend!I have followed your instructions above and presumably removed the natit kext.I can NOW boot up the graphical interface with -x command (I thought this is the safe mode).I feel so glad to finally see Desktop after so many hours of trials.My ATI HD2600XT is connected both DCI2VGA and HDMI to my LCD monitor and Plasma TV respectively.There is no luck to the HDMI Plasma (no input signal).Only 1024x768 resolution is supported under the -x command boot up.If I allow the machine to boot up by itself, the famous dotted pattern will pop up as attached.Is there a better driver to use the ATI display card?Also, I need to look into the onboard network and audio cards issues.I will report my progress in due course.
hi search now on insanely for hd2600 drivers ! you will find a pkg installer! perhaps you will need to set your id in ati kext !

No luck with mine currently. I am trying to install on a drive that is already partitioned. So this could be the reason I am not seeing the partition option in diskutility.

Any answers other than erase the present partition?

You don´have to select your partition in diskutility, you must select the whole disk and then you see the options to partition

Hi Kaly,

So glad to see your instructions.

Just came back from a movie with my family.

Kaly, your are Will Smith, your are Legend!

I have followed your instructions above and presumably removed the natit kext.

I can NOW boot up the graphical interface with -x command (I thought this is the safe mode).

I feel so glad to finally see Desktop after so many hours of trials.

My ATI HD2600XT is connected both DCI2VGA and HDMI to my LCD monitor and Plasma TV respectively.

There is no luck to the HDMI Plasma (no input signal).

Only 1024x768 resolution is supported under the -x command boot up.

If I allow the machine to boot up by itself, the famous dotted pattern will pop up as attached.

Is there a better driver to use the ATI display card?

Also, I need to look into the onboard network and audio cards issues.

I will report my progress in due course.

solution is here :Dhttp://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry545482 and http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/i.../t64269-50.html

and files required http://www.mediafire.com/?a326xbugow3

Thanks Kaly for your wonderfull release.

Could you detailed the procedure to add other languages after the installation (p.e. from orginal leopard disk)?

Thanks in advance for your help and Merry Christmas: & Happy new year.

Thanks Kaly for your wonderfull release.

Could you detailed the procedure to add other languages after the installation (p.e. from orginal leopard disk)?

Thanks in advance for your help and Merry Christmas: & Happy new year.

hi ! thx ;) on an other dvd go to /system/installation/packages/your languages .pkg

enjoy

For those with "blinking cursor" at boot.

this is due to a damaged first sector on your HD (don't worry it isn't physical)

I recomand you to erase the disk with zero(with diskutil). No need to wait to the end, just the first sector of the disk

need to be erased. after that , redo your partitions whatever GUID or MBR, and reinstall.

is there also a posibilty without deleting my present win xp installation?

is this solution maybe appropriate for this problem?

Hi all,

since two days i'm fighting with kalyway installation on my yakumo q7 xd mobillium laptop. jas 10.4.8 and kaly's 10.4.10 worked without a problem.

the laptop has an intel centrino cpu(i think it's a pentium m) and an ati radeon mobility 9000 integrated graphics adapter. i'm installing in mbr mode on a second partiotion. on the first partition xp is installed but that was never a problem with tiger.

after nearly 10 installations the best result is, that after succesful installation the computer hungs up at the grey apple screen. the wheel turns one or two minutes and then stops.

when i start in -v mode the last line changes between:

"NTFS volume name xxxxx, version 3.1"

and

"date time localhost mDNSResponder[23] ......"

At the first pages of this thread i read that some others had the problem with the hanging grey apple screen, but it seems that noone found a solve for that.

But perhaps anyone has an idea what to do?!

Would be great!!!

Hy there, after working some time with installation... today i have finally managed to get kaly leo working...

i have took an USB DVD Drive to install macos ...

that is it... all other trys with internal dvd on raid controller did fail in "waiting for root device" but now all gone smooth..

but i'm Still searching a driver for Creative X-Fi ?! Did anyone have something?!

Anyone have any luck installing on a Dell Dimension 4700 (Pentium 4 3GHz, 512MB RAM, 160GB HDD) I am trying to get my fathers computer up and running and it keeps failing on the last minute of install....any ideas???

Thanks.

This is the Intel 915 G Chipset and The Ac97 Audio??

Still having no luck at all, I have been trying to install it to a separate HDD, using an IDE DVD. My Mobo only has IDE. The first dozen trys it would install but after installing it would loop reboot.

I tried using different methods but nothing works at all. I am using onboard video, IDE HDD and DVD,

Today when I install I just get a blinking cursor when I am restarting.

Not sure what to do at all.

the whole vanilla thing I am havng trouble with also

FireWire Problem after successfull Installation on Asus P5B.

System says: Firewire Driver is not loaded.

What can I do? Is this a known Problem? Is their a solution?

I found a thread about this, but it´s empty.

Please help.

is your firewire is enabled into your bios conf ?

So Kaly does not work with ACHI? I have Serial ATA hard drive and system profiler will show Unindentified ACHI controller. But Diskutility does not show my hard drive at all.

who said that ? . Kaly works with AHCI. what is your Sata controller ?