New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

Hello!

Usb not working for me on amd 10.5.1 rev1. Keyboard and mouse is ok but none of my other usb devices are detected.

Disable legacy support in bios is not an option for me, i have to navigate my grub menu. I downloaded the supplied iousbfamily.kext

Didn't work. Any ideas?

Thank You!

My specsA8N32-SLIDeluxe amd x2 4400+XFX7900gs 2gig RAM

When I got into the Disk Utility, it only showed my XP partition, not my leopard one..Any solutions?
It is possible that you may find a solution due to that issue is reported:check the community for more info (check my sig).Greetings...
hi I just downloaded zephyroth's amd 10.5.1 release, burned it, booted from the dvd and did a custom install by unchecking all options(I upgraded from jas tiger 10.4.8 where everything worked perfect),install went just fine till the end when it hanged and I had to manually reboot the computer ,I boted into tiger but I am getting this error:NVDANV30HAL:Loaded and registered.(I have a geforce fx5500 agp gfx card)then I am getting a kernel panic about NVDAResman.kext.I did the install thing again but this time I did not upgrade,after the installer hanged,rebooted,and it saya that there is no keyboard pluged in(I have a ps2 keyboard&mouse)!What should I do now?LATER EDIT:These are the complete specs of my system:Mobo:Asrock K8Upgrade-NF3,integrated Realtek AC'97 audioGraphics card:Nvidia Geforce FX5500(0x32610de),AGP,256MBHDD&DVD:Western Digital WD1600JB IDE Drive,LG DVD-RW GSA H10N
That is a "known issue". Boot from the DVD,open terminal and type this command:

cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/leopard//System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

Make a little research for more info at both the AMD community and Wiki...

total newbie here so please be patient... :)

i have the rar files and i'm trying to make the iso using winrar but theres missing some rar files like part014, 017, 041, etc.

i've trying to read around so i wont' get flamed here for asking such a newb question... but i read that the par file is supposed to fix it... there was some par files included in the 'bundle' but when i tried to extract those using ParNRar, there was an error.

am i doing this right?? i haven't used RAR since like 3 years ago so i'm a bit rusty...

does somebody find a solution for the "mach reboot"-problem.....???????

Maybe your processor does not support SSE3 instructions and could be the problem.The first release did not have support for earlier instructions.Run CPU E-Z and check the instructions of your processor.Check the wiki for the known solutions (check my sig)...

Maybe your processor does not support SSE3 instructions and could be the problem.The first release did not have support for earlier instructions.Run CPU E-Z and check the instructions of your processor.Check the wiki for the known solutions (check my sig)...

all X2 support SSE3?! i think

all X2 support SSE3?! i think

Sorry:I did not see you spec! lol...You are right,your processor does support this release...This is weird:did you check the integrity of the disc after burning?.Do you have the correct version?.

i'm running this version of leopard on my AMD Turion, and still working plenty of things out, but what i really want to know is whether there is a way to get around the intel only requirements of some programs (most specifically parallels). is there some known way to either change my processors name from Unknown to something that will allow parallels or some other way to deal with this?

I have the same problem with USB 2.0 devices..., Did the usb kext mentioned below helped to solve your problem?

Maybe that is a known issue. If they do not work try this...

>Go to your BIOS and disable USB Legacy support,then reboot...If it works,go to com.apple.Boot.plist:remove the -legacy flag if it does exist

If this did not work,try:

>Replace the IOUSBFamily.kext extension...

I hope this help.Make some research at the community too...

Sorry:I did not see you spec! lol...You are right,your processor does support this release...This is weird:did you check the integrity of the disc after burning?.Do you have the correct version?.

can you compare the checksum with your version, please?

66c46d5f246e1e9e49ccabb182fa9abf *Leopard-AMD-10.5.1.iso

Here's my problem with Leo AMD Rev.1, I don't think it's mentioned before, so here it is :

I installed Leo on my AMD 64x2 AM2 4200+. Nothing went smooth, I got ALL kinds of errors, 1 minute Hang, NVidia and GeForce kernel panic, can't boot without DVD, you name it. Using suggestions found here and on insanelymac I got through all those problems (still can't boot without DVD though, tried evereything). So I get to the Setup Assistant where my USB keyboard is identified, language options and finally "User Account Creation". I just enter login info and then everything freezes with beach ball spinning and a message saying "Creating User Account". Using MacDrive I can see all accounts I tried to enter were indeed created. So I try anything I can find, disabled onboard LAN, even booted with "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32" and it seemed to work 'cause I got a message saying that "The setup assistant can't start in this resolution" (or something like that), but when I press OK so everything can continue, guess what...grey screen with the beach ball. And that's it, nothing beyond that. Any help would be apreciated, although I don't expect much.

P.S. I'm using MSI K9n - Nforce - 550

can you compare the checksum with your version, please?

66c46d5f246e1e9e49ccabb182fa9abf *Leopard-AMD-10.5.1.iso

Even better:compare the hash of your ISO with the official that puttabong did give once:

9722c600e6fa70c668e2523ef92cc1b4

can anyone tell me why i get the "input/output error" whenever I try to format one of my partitions to Osx Journaled?

is it cuz I have SATA? i have a Seagate 320GB HDD SATA btw.

should I just buy a cheap PATA drive? would that solve the problem??

Thanks!

is it cuz I have SATA? i have a Seagate 320GB HDD SATA btw.

should I just buy a cheap PATA drive? would that solve the problem??

Thanks!

i would recommend it if u got money and space in your comp to spare.

sata does not work flawless for everybody. what´s your chipset, nforce?

besides, i would favour an install on a seperate hdd as u get a clearer destinction between

your operating systems, an easy bootmenue via bios etc..

i would recommend it if u got money and space in your comp to spare.

sata does not work flawless for everybody. what´s your chipset, nforce?

besides, i would favour an install on a seperate hdd as u get a clearer destinction between

your operating systems, an easy bootmenue via bios etc..

Here's my specs:

Gigabyte M61P-S3 (NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE / nForce 430)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB 7200 RPM

Philips 20X DVD+/-R Burner 2MB Cache SATA

I checked the wiki and some other guy w/ my chipsets was able to run leopard fine so i'm assuming i can too... do you see any problems w/ my setup?

Thanks!

thx for zephyroyh's iso

I hv a problem on installing the osx

when the installation statues show" 1min. left"

it freeze and I need to reset my comp

wt's the problem??

my config:

AMD 3000+ 939 BP(sse3 include)

ASUS A8N-SLI(BIOS ver. 1014)

1GB RAM(512MB x2)

benq1650 dvd-combo

samsung 160GB hdd(windows installed)

hitachi 250GB hdd(osx will be install)

XFX GeForce 6800GS xxx edition

thx for zephyroyh's iso

I hv a problem on installing the osx

when the installation statues show" 1min. left"

it freeze and I need to reset my comp

wt's the problem??

my config:

AMD 3000+ 939 BP(sse3 include)

ASUS A8N-SLI(BIOS ver. 1014)

1GB RAM(512MB x2)

benq1650 dvd-combo

samsung 160GB hdd(windows installed)

hitachi 250GB hdd(osx will be install)

XFX GeForce 6800GS xxx edition

Click here.

Hello all,BranewHello All,New to the site, i'm still learning much about MAC on a PC and I absolutlu love it.I know want more.I have a:Toshiba:

Check first the H.C.L. to check if your hardware is supported.If is not supported and you want to install,check then the community and the wiki for usefull info,support and known issues.this will save you a lot of time...