New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

nick.. :)http://osx86.wikidot.com/utilities-resources > Zephyroth NVidia Universal Installer download it :)

Now I can check off my video, but how I still cant get past the last ACCOUNT CREATION screen, I had trouble getting thru most of them I had to RESET bout 4 times to get to the LAST screen (where you set the ADMIN password) and I cant get past it!! Thats really my main issue, I get there and I fill everything out and hit continue and looks as if its gonna go, but then BOOM!! I get that annoying little spinning color wheel hour glass appears and the black type that says "creating account"

I need to get past this I have tried a few things, but I need a definate, I am soooo close to getting this to work!! (its the last screen I get stuck on)

Now I can check off my video, but how I still cant get past the last ACCOUNT CREATION screen, I had trouble getting thru most of them I had to RESET bout 4 times to get to the LAST screen (where you set the ADMIN password) and I cant get past it!! Thats really my main issue, I get there and I fill everything out and hit continue and looks as if its gonna go, but then BOOM!! I get that annoying little spinning color wheel hour glass appears and the black type that says "creating account"

I need to get past this I have tried a few things, but I need a definate, I am soooo close to getting this to work!! (its the last screen I get stuck on)

Did you try all the solutions from the wiki (4 known)?.

yazyazoo J had the same problem as You and it is easy to do... Look at http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc5

<h2 id="toc3">Making Mac partition bootable</h2> Issue: After passing various installation obstacles, the bootload hangs at a blinking cursor "_" .

Solution:

Boot with the DVD and use -s at boot load.

sudo -s

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX --->(X is the number of your HD, if you have only on its 0)

update

f X --->(X is the number of the partition where you installed Leopard)

w

q

reboot

But I'm having diffirent problem......How to obligate My Gforce 6800 GT (AGP) to work.....I downloaded and installed NVidia Universal Installer.mpkg but still didn't work properly

Koshin,

Thanks for the reply! I did a search and tried this a few times.

When I got to 'q' prompt it didn't ask me yes/or no it just did nothing. then went to boot->

What am I doing wrong. I feel I am so close to getting this to work.

So I've installed the Leopard...and it boots perfectly (well, with the -x tag)

my problem: I can't get past the initial setup...everything goes fine until it asks "Do You Already Own a Mac?"

I naturally select "Do not transfer my information now" since I can't find my Firewire cable.

Once I click "Continue" the button fades, and nothing else happens...I can still move the mouse, eventually I get the Beach Ball, the screen goes back to grey and then it goes back to me identifying my keyboard.

any ideas?

Koshin,

Thanks for the reply! I did a search and tried this a few times.

When I got to 'q' prompt it didn't ask me yes/or no it just did nothing. then went to boot->

What am I doing wrong. I feel I am so close to getting this to work.

Maybe you've wrote incorrect number of your disk or number of your partition? Go to disk utility and find your disk .......

You will have to wait for Zephyroth Leopard's 10.5.2 Rev. 2 to become available first. If you install the developers release of 9C27, you will most likely bring your system to a hault, since the hardware code is written for Intel, not AMD. This is why Zephyroth and his developers are there to modify the necessary files to make 10.5.2 work on our AMD systems. According to Zephyroth, as soon as 10.5.2 becomes available, he will immediately intergrate that version into his upcoming updated release. Lastly, Apple claims that 9C27 is the last build before going "gold." Therefore, be patient, and let the developers on the AMD side, patch whatever is necessary, and wait until they upload the final image (.iso) online in the coming days.

how can i install 9c27 on amd hacingtosh>?

This is for everyone's reference:

OS X 10.5.2 (9C27) [updated]by M. Sharp, Insanely Great MacJanuary 31st 2008 Despite the hopes of the many, work on OS X 10.5.2 continues as evidenced by the release today of Build 9C27. MacRumors reports that this latest developer seed has arrived sans seed notes, so it isn't clear what's new.A pair of OS X 10.5.2 seeds arrived last week with "no known issues," raising hopes that Apple would quickly release this hotly-anticipated Leopard update.It has been speculated OS X 10.5.2 won't be released until fresh MacBook Pro models are released "in a week or two."[update]—AppleInsider reports that 9C27 includes 130 fixes, up from 120 or so in last week's builds.

My Question:

Does anyone know if Office 2008 can work on my AMD machine in MacOSX? Please let me know, thanks.

When the first installation screen comes up ("Select language"),

my keyboard and my mouse do not work.

I had a Logitech wireless. Tried both USB and PS/2 keyboards and mice. Nothing.

Tried the "-x" option, but did not help.

System:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, Socket 939

RAM: 3 X 1GB

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-E

Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 4

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT, 128MB

When the first installation screen comes up ("Select language"),

my keyboard and my mouse do not work.

I had a Logitech wireless. Tried both USB and PS/2 keyboards and mice. Nothing.

I've never had a problem with any USB keyboard or keyboard/mouse combo (as long as I was using it STRICTLY USB). Don't plug in ANY PS2 connector. I'm using a wireless Microsoft KB/Mouse combo, a wireless Logitech KB/Mouse combo, A cheap wired BTC USB keyboard with a wired MS USB mouse and 10.5.1 has recognized them all.

{HowTO}ATI GPU Card Users

Here a quick mini howto for all ATIGpuCard owners.

Info : c: is vista "d:" is leopard and e: is data for vista[under vista its drive d:

Steps u need to do are :

• Install Vista[xp,linux etc.],make some partitions [for me 3,part1. vista44,part2. leo20,part3. data etc..]
  • update all, is want u can install all software,drivers etc...[i do that,except for the gpu drivers,firewall+avirus]
  • reboot, go back to vista and let the os configure all the new updates,when done
  • reboot with the leopard dvd[if u need to enter any flag for install/to boot with dvd and first reboot do that[like -x,-f or cpus=1]
  • after all the loading is done, run disk utitl. and choose, in my case the "middle"/nr2 partiton[u have to select the partiton where u want to install leop.] and reformat with mac journal filesystem and give ur leopard a name![for me is mac.
  • install there leopard with or without costumize [there are not many option ,eng or french]
  • reboot after install and reboot again with the leopard dvd[again if u need enter the flags]

• again wait all the loading, and this time run terminal and enter :

1. fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0,1,2 etc. [0=master,1 would be the slave harddrive of channel 1,2 the master on the 2nd channel etc..]
  2. update
  3. f X (number of the partition you want to boot on)
  4. w [for write, answer with y[yes]]
  5. q
  6. reboot
  7. now u can boot to mac leopard[without the dvd, when the darwin bootloader appears, enter again the same flags for the first boot without DVD[check above,-x or -f or cpus=1]
  8. Make a account and enter ur "new" play os [which is in safemode]

This only for those wihtout any nvidia gpu cards

1. go to ifinder and open a new ifinder window, search for ur leopa. partiton, mines is mac
  2. go to systems -> library -> extensions and delete all gefore.ktext and the .bundles too
  3. reboot

Now we need to fix the mbr for both[VISTA only!!]

1. boot with the vista dvd and go to repair section
  2. run command prompt and enter :

• diskpart
  • select disk 0
  • list partition
  • select partition 1 [for vista]
  • active
  • exit

Dont close the command prompt yet;next step is "rewrite all the mbr again"

• bootrec /RebuildBCD
  • answer with yes, when asked "add installation....."

Dont close the command prompt yet,now we write the leop. partio to the mbr, if u have more[linux etc.]repeat the steps from here:

• for the leopard partiton
  • diskpart
  • select partiton 2[3 or 4,etc.. depends ur partiton table]
  • active
  • exit

The End,Vista and Leopard can be booted,mbr for both fixed! Thx. goes to insanelymac.forum and latino guy[dont rem. his name :unsure:]

Maybe you've wrote incorrect number of your disk or number of your partition? Go to disk utility and find your disk .......

Koshin

I renamed the harddrive to 'Leopard' and put it on partition 1. I did diskutil to see the drives and I think it comes to 0s1. Does this sound correct?

This is for everyone's reference:

OS X 10.5.2 (9C27) [updated]by M. Sharp, Insanely Great MacJanuary 31st 2008 Despite the hopes of the many, work on OS X 10.5.2 continues as evidenced by the release today of Build 9C27. MacRumors reports that this latest developer seed has arrived sans seed notes, so it isn't clear what's new.A pair of OS X 10.5.2 seeds arrived last week with "no known issues," raising hopes that Apple would quickly release this hotly-anticipated Leopard update.It has been speculated OS X 10.5.2 won't be released until fresh MacBook Pro models are released "in a week or two."[update]—AppleInsider reports that 9C27 includes 130 fixes, up from 120 or so in last week's builds.

My Question:

Does anyone know if Office 2008 can work on my AMD machine in MacOSX? Please let me know, thanks.

Office 2008?.Yes It does:try it...

hi i have an HP DV2120 US with AMD TURION TL-52 PROCESSOR, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA 6150 GRAPHICS AND THIS SAME LEOPARD DVD. I AM HAVING SOME TROULBLES i can boot into the installer, but it does not detect my HDD at all what do i do HELP URGENTForgot this my motherboard is an Nvidia Nforce,My hardrive is a SATAand i have partitionsForgot this my motherboard is an Nvidia Nforce,My hardrive is a SATAand i have 5 partitions

hi i have an HP DV2120 US with AMD TURION TL-52 PROCESSOR, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA 6150 GRAPHICS AND THIS SAME LEOPARD DVD. I AM HAVING SOME TROULBLES i can boot into the installer, but it does not detect my HDD at all what do i do HELP URGENTForgot this my motherboard is an Nvidia Nforce,My hardrive is a SATAand i have partitionsForgot this my motherboard is an Nvidia Nforce,My hardrive is a SATAand i have 5 partitions

You need to be a little more spicific with all your hardware. Nobody will try to guess it and certainly google it neither. Lets say that your disc and everything is ok and that is the unique problem:if your SATA disc is not detected maybe you should look for the support that you need.Done this, you have the option of inject the support into the disc and try again.

So i got this working after a few days (been trying these since 10.4.1 and no matter how many times i always find new roadblocks lol)

Heres some specs for like users

ASUS A8N-VM

Athlon64 3400+

nForce 410/430 (using medevils driver)

Geforce 7600 GS (Currently working on a driver for this)

wireless internet via a cheap ralink usb dongle

I installed on a sata drive so this was a bit of a challenge. Used transmac and a tiger install to inject the medevil cd. One thing to note is that i removed all but my device IDs from the install disc (this seemed to help as the first two discs gave me waiting for root device errors). When leopard installed i had to delete the geforce kexts like everyone else but i also had to reinstall the MeDevil kext so my sata would boot. The medevil kext included on the dvd did not work for me. It was read only

Anyway seems to be running now, migrated my 10.4.8 install without issue. Just need to get the videocard going and I'll be 100%

One thing to note though, if I don't delete "Extensions.mkext" from /System/Library before i reboot the MeDevil kext wont reload and I can't boot the drive. This is kind of annoying but not a deal killer as i can just make a script to do it for me. I'm not sure why this happens. Imagine there is an easy fix i'm missing?

Koshin

I renamed the harddrive to 'Leopard' and put it on partition 1. I did diskutil to see the drives and I think it comes to 0s1. Does this sound correct?

and you've got Verifingi DMI.......and nothing else?....(do you have only one HDD? or more)

how to install Gforce 6800 gt AGP ?

sorry, no AGP support in leopard yet... :P

you can enable qe/ci with natit + modded drivers, but the speed will be limited to pci bus speeds.

So I've installed the Leopard...and it boots perfectly (well, with the -x tag)

my problem: I can't get past the initial setup...everything goes fine until it asks "Do You Already Own a Mac?"

I naturally select "Do not transfer my information now" since I can't find my Firewire cable.

Once I click "Continue" the button fades, and nothing else happens...I can still move the mouse, eventually I get the Beach Ball, the screen goes back to grey and then it goes back to me identifying my keyboard.

any ideas?

I am in the same BOAT, except I get to the very last screen where you actually set your PASSWORD! I get the beachball and everything you get!! I have tried everything in the wiki and RESET over 11 times andf still cant get thru it????????????????????

and you've got Verifingi DMI.......and nothing else?....(do you have only one HDD? or more)

I am installing a fresh copy of this installer on a brand new 320gb drive. I went to Disc Utility, Chose to format to MAC OS HPS journaled. Then I chose partition tab to select 1, then renamed this partiotion to 'Leopard' then I selected the Master Boot REcord options and applied it. Then I went to install Leopard on this partition.

After successful install I have been trying the things you guys have told me. Should I use GUID rather than MBR since this is only MAC OSX?