New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

Don't worry, I'm not dead ... :D

I'm working on Rev.2 (which is now 10.5.2 Rev.1) but I rarely check this forum now that there's one for Rev.1.

-----> osx.kbot.de

Hi Zeph, is there an expectation of a release of Rev.2 at the end of the tunnel, to other than than the testers?

Seen post #2354 below, thanks scottah, Zephyroth et al !!

Guest electro

a have wifi USB Gigabyte GN-WB01GS WLAN on chip RT2571 WF

more info product >> http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Commun...x?ProductID=989

producent GIGABYTE don't have driver for my device

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Communi...x?ProductID=989

I'm because install driver for mac osx "USB (RT257x/RT2671 for OS 10.3/10.4 ver. RT2571W :1.1.7.0 )"

from http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html

RTUSB%20D70-1.1.3.0%20D71W-1.1.7.0%20UI-1.3.0.0_2006_11_10.dmg

"System Requirement:

Mac OS X 10.3.X or 10.4.X

Hardware Supported:

Ralink RT71W chipset USB NIC

Ralink RT70 chipset USB NIC

Software Supported:

For Mac OS X 10.4.X:

USBWireless-10.4\USBWireless-Tiger.pkg"

more info to pdf http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/data/Software..._2006_11_10.pdf

and not woks on Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 AMD

to "Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 AMD" new add suport :

# WiFi : Ralink RT73 and RT2500

Leopard see me of my USB device's :

producent : "Ralink"

PID : "0x8008"

VID : "0x1044"

>>> Please help me! <<<<<

i successful install with my external harddisk in my laptop tx1221au, but i after the question do you already have a mac ?, an d i answer no it will back to welcome screen ....

can anyone give any solution for my problem thanks...?

Yes.That is a Known issue:check this and try it...(more info on my sig)

Issue: Upon install, the process hangs in an infinite (?) loop circling between chosing language and creating / transferring an user acount ("Do you already own a mac?").

According to the forum, the problem seems to be connected to problems concerning the network card.

Solution 1: Importing an account from an existing (Tiger) installation.

Solution 2: Booting with the flag "Graphics Mode"="640x480x32". The resulting low screen-resolution prevents the setup screen, thus skipping the "loop". As one is not able to create a new username, only the default "admin" is created. This can be changed later on.

Solution 3: Some people reported success with disabling the network card in the bios or disconnecting the cable.

Solution 4: Boot using "-s" flag then type ->

you mean this one right ?

thanks....

DAMNiaTX-

You are running Leopard on an HP tx1221au? I have a tx1220ca an I was wondering if you've had issues with the wifi...

Mine is recognized, and shows in airport but has no signal whatsoever...can not connect to a router.

Its a Broadcom 4328...do you have this problem?

I'm facing some problems in the installation process... Actually, I can't even reach the Installation process! When I boot with the DVD, I get to the Darwin screen (that black screen with grey letters) and press any key to start the whole thing. But 10 seconds later it gets back to the same Darwin's start screen (the one that says: press any key to start or F8...). I tried to start it in as many different ways as I was able to (pressed F8 then pressed -v, pressed F8 then pressed ENTER...) but everytime it started to read the .../com.apple... (I'm sorry, I don't remember the whole name of the file) and then went back to the first screen.

I know the problem isn't related to the DVD, because the MD5Sum of the .iso file is just the same you have, and I've burned 3 DVDs!

The PC i'm using is a HP Pavilion dv2115wm (dv2000 series) Notebook:

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz (codename Trinidad

2GB RAM DDR2

120GB HD

n-Vidia GeForce 6115 (nForce 410/430 MCP)

running Windows Vista Ultimate 32bits

I really need to have Leopard in my PC. I'm full of Windows, can't endure it at all! Please, help me!

Thanks.

I have a similar laptop with the same specs (dv2310ca). I had that problem that you described. To be able to start the installation, you have to press ESC at your power up then you will have that screen to select from which drive you want to load (HDD or DVD) then you choose DVD. For an unknown reason, it did work for me, but don't get to much high hopes, i got stuck at the Still Waiting for root device... with the Zephyroth 10.5.2 v1... so it's still a no go for me...

Did you read his specs? 80GB IDE

I can't figure out why you can't install 10.5.1 to an external HD - especially if Tiger installed... That's how I got 10.5.1 working on my 690G chipset MB. I didn't apply the SB600 .kexts until after the install was complete and I was in the OS X Desktop...

this link http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry472484

might help you. I have the same chipset, i inject the kext into the new release 10.5.2, and was able to install the OSX on the HDD.