New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

I tried installing zephyroth yesterday, but failed. It wasn't able to partition my SATA. My question is what kexts do I need to partition my SATA drive. I am prett sure it is this, but I want to make sure. Also how do I inject the kexts with transmac?

Specs-

HP Pavilion a6230n PC

Asus M2N68-LA Motherboard

Nforce 430

3GB DDR2 SDRAM

Nvidia GeForce 6150 SE Graphics

Hitachi 400GB SATA

Edit- Just opened my zephyroth iso with transmac (I am on Vista), and noticed that there isn't a Parition folder or a System folder. Just .fsevensd, .Spotlight-V100, .Trashes, .vol, Install Mac OS X.app, Instructions, and Optional Installs. This iso booted up just fine (no errors or anything) until I got to the partitioning part. Is this normal?

Edit 2- I can see the iso fully with poweriso.

Its just simply ATA/SATA/PATA Controller related problem.

THERE is not a KEXT wich supports your ATA/SATA/PATA Controller on the Installer DVD

only two ways to solve

1) go find KEXT (driver) for your ATA/SATA/PATA Controller

and inject it to DVD (long time to do, need another mac, need to know how to)

2) easyest way is find kext for ATA/SATA/PATA Controller

buy external enclosure USB2.0 to needed interface

install it to HDD externaly connected

inject kext to working installation

plug the HDD back inside

give external enclosure back to seller.

(this should take cca. 5 hrs including way to shop)

i made it second way with my notebook

go to forum/hardware/drivers/NForce sata Controller

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77071

i injected the ApplenForceAta kext into my cd with transmac on my vista and reburned, and it still doesnt find my drives :smoke:

Ok I'm attempting to format my hard drive and there is no HFS+ format. So I just attempted to use Mac OS Extended (journaled) and it just gets stuck on Creating Partition Map. The HDD is SATA so I'm not sure if its just a hardware problem because its not SATA 2. If someone could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

I would bet that your Sata hdd is giving you issues.

I had the same problem on my leopard install. Eventually, I tossed in a 180gig IDE hdd that I had laying around, and viola.. it installed perfectly.

The only issue with the OS now is the fact that my SATA dvd burner will not burn, much like being unable to write to a sata hdd. I can use the dvd drive, play movies, read disks, ect.. but when I burn it fails almost immdeiatly, and never writes anything to the disk.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the "still waiting for root device" error? This is on the disc that I used the updated AppleNForce.kext (MeDevil) on (I put it in /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins-Was that right?). My other zephyroth disc which I did not inject that kext into boots up just fine (but I can't format my hd with hfs+). I have no ahci option in my bios to disable (someone in irc told me that may work).

and you are??????

Judging from the posts he's made in this thread, he's a bit of an ass.

Zephyroth hasn't made a post since January 15th. If he's gone from the scene for some reason, this iso might be a project to pick up. Not having communicated with Zephyroth before, I don't know what's up. I'm definitely not going to start sending him private messages asking for an ETA. I expected someone else on this thread to be in touch with what's going on with rev. 2. However, if there's no word in a week then it will be time to private message.

Now that I've asked after Apple released the code, DoiX can be a {censored} to people who repeat my question about a 10.5.2 updated iso.

Judging from the posts he's made in this thread, he's a bit of an ass.

Zephyroth hasn't made a post since January 15th. If he's gone from the scene for some reason, this iso might be a project to pick up. Not having communicated with Zephyroth before, I don't know what's up. I'm definitely not going to start sending him private messages asking for an ETA. I expected someone else on this thread to be in touch with what's going on with rev. 2. However, if there's no word in a week then it will be time to private message.

Now that I've asked after Apple released the code, DoiX can be a {censored} to people who repeat my question about a 10.5.2 updated iso.

lol cool im an ass :shock:) on osx.kbot.de there are at least 5 topics asking when zeph will release rev2 so yeah i had enough :wacko: oh and if you read the last 10 pages (this topic) you will also see about of 20 guys asking when rev2 will be released :pope: oh and again thank YOU for calling me an ass and a {censored} :() you should remove the "bad words" from your post because they are not allowed(forum rules)

Martin953! how did u get leopard on your sb600 690 motheboard??? my disc wont even start up because of it! ive managed to get 10.4.10 installed on a usb hard drive with the sb600 patch but it kernel panics when booting tiger from the internal hd.

howd u manage to get leopard installed on yours?

Did you read his specs? 80GB IDE

I can't figure out why you can't install 10.5.1 to an external HD - especially if Tiger installed... That's how I got 10.5.1 working on my 690G chipset MB. I didn't apply the SB600 .kexts until after the install was complete and I was in the OS X Desktop...

So would this work with an AMD 64 Athlon-X2 tk-53, its basically like the 3600+ model, 1 gig of ram, and a Nvidia GeForce Go 6100. My laptop sucks lol, I really hope it'll work on mine cause Leopard is awesome!:P

this is a little off topic, but u wanna make ur lappy run like a champ, SERVER 2008 RTM, trust me ur laptop will love it!! Its like a super slim, top speed Vista with SP1 built in, Im using it as we speak, and its the BEST OS out rite now!

NOW GETTING BACK on topic......................................

Does copying a IONetworkingFamily.kext from my Myzar 10.4.6 to say Leopard work????? Cause Myzar recognized my Realtek PCI card. And where is that topic for getting Realtek ALC662 HD Audio to work??? I kow someone told me but I cant find it

The image onl boot with dvd. so i have tried this:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

update

f 1

w

q

reboot

but it doesn't help.

next i tried to install the efi loader. i follow the instroductions no errors with this line:

./startuptool /dev/rdisk0s1 ./boot_v8

but it also doesn't boot.

Hi guys!

I recently succesfully installed leo on my comp. But now im experiencing some issues:

- First of all, im having difficulties setting up my internet connection, i have an onboard lan controller, but i honestly dont know what kind.. I have an asus m2v mobo and the only the asus site tells me about the lan is "PCI-E Gb LAN controller", i already tried googling it but failed to find an answer..

- Secondly, im wondering where i could find drivers for my soundcard, its also onboard:

Realtek ALC 660, 6-ch High-Definition Audio CODEC

- And the last thing, i have a xfx nvidia geforce 7600gt xxx graphics card, is the nvidia universal installer the right one to use? Or should i get the nvinject drivers?

My other specs are:

amd athlon am2 x2 4200+

2gb of g.e.i.l. ram

samsung sata hdd, dont remember the exact name

thanks in advance :wacko: