New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

It is possible that you may find a solution due to that issue is reported:check the community for more info (check my sig).Greetings...That is a "known issue". Boot from the DVD,open terminal and type this command:

cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/leopard//System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

Make a little research for more info at both the AMD community and Wiki...

I'm having this problem too using a PS/2 mouse and keyboard I installed 10.5.1 from scratch. When I boot from the DVD, I enter the text into the terminal exactly like this:

cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/MacOSX//System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

(Mac OSX being the partition I named for OSX)

I get this:

DSC01102.jpg

I'm trying to dual boot Vista on my 250gb SATA drive and OSX on my 80gb IDE drive

Using a USB keyboard and mouse when booting OSX tells me the same thing keyboard not plugged in.

I'm having this problem too using a PS/2 mouse and keyboard I installed 10.5.1 from scratch. When I boot from the DVD, I enter the text into the terminal exactly like this:

cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/MacOSX//System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

(Mac OSX being the partition I named for OSX)

I get this:

DSC01102.jpg

I'm trying to dual boot Vista on my 250gb SATA drive and OSX on my 80gb IDE drive

Using a USB keyboard and mouse when booting OSX tells me the same thing keyboard not plugged in.

OMG...Ok.You put this:

"cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/MacOSX//System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext"

Instead of:

"cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/MacOSX/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext"

Try again... :)

OMG...Ok.You put this:

"cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/MacOSX//System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext"

Instead of:

"cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/MacOSX/System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext"

Try again... :thumbsdown_anim:

OMG...I thought that was wrong but look at the wiki: http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues

Thanks!

OMG...I thought that was wrong but look at the wiki: http://osx86.wikidot.com/known-issues

Thanks!

the wiki isn't wrong... or the command .. when using 10.5.1 rev1 i was forced to use this "cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext /Volumes/leopard//System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext" when reinstalling Leo

You are right.That is what we "used" using 10.5.1...Hey DoiX:how are you?.A long time without seeing you... :(

EDIT:I like this:

-WE DON'T READ MINDS WE ONLY READ SPECS, POST YOUR SPECS!

-STOP!!! PMing ME

LOL..

EDIT:I did not know that.Send me a PM with your website to check it out...

Nope it stll gives me the same thing. I tried it about 10 times...I triple checked what I typed.

lateralusman, download macdrive get the ApplePS2Controller.kext from the dvd insert it in the extensions folder of your leopard install using macdrive then delete the extensions.mkext file and boot with -f -v :(

Hello,

I am fairly new to this website, I was able to install leopard 10.5.2 without the video drivers and audio. Could someone help me how to install them or do I have to run the dvd again. Thanks again zeph!!!

thanks,

specs

Gateway GT5032

Amd Athlon 64 x2

Integrated video nvidia geforce 6100

lateralusman, download macdrive get the ApplePS2Controller.kext from the dvd insert it in the extensions folder of your leopard install using macdrive then delete the extensions.mkext file and boot with -f -v :(

That works thanks.

I'm at the Welcome screen now but my PS/2 mouse doesn't work...

hi guys i'm new in this forums and macOSX86 Operating System. please help me i can't install my installation macosx both ( tiger 10.4.4 and leo 10.5.0 ToH ). if i boot from dvd my display show "Debugger Called" <panic> and in the begining of boot it shows "VESA 3.0". FYI my hardware is :

Athlon 64 X2 3600+ ( Windsor )

MSI K9N ULTRA

Kingston 512 MB PC - 4200

PCI-E MSI 7300 GS 128 WITH TURBO CACHE

HDD SEAGATE IDE 160 GB 7200rpm

AOPEN DVD Combo USB

DVD - RW LITEON DL 16X

Is My Device Capable To Install OSX86, Please Help me with my problem.

Hello,

I am fairly new to this website, I was able to install leopard 10.5.2 without the video drivers and audio. Could someone help me how to install them or do I have to run the dvd again. Thanks again zeph!!!

Gateway GT5032

Amd Athlon 64 x2

Integrated video nvidia geforce 6100

You're out of luck with your video. The 6100 will only have very basic video support. It may never be fully supported in OSX... Without "Quartz Extreme" and "Crystal Image" (usually referred to as: QE/CI) many OSX applications will not run properly.

As for sound: you didn't mention what sound chip your computer uses. You'll have to be VERY specific - down to the maker and model number of the sound chip (codec) itself... Simply saying you have a "Gateway

GT5032" isn't much help to anyone here (unless they're REALLY NICE and want to take the time and effort to find ALL the specs and/or User Manual for that specific Gateway computer!). Posting a link to the specs or if there's a Users Manual or a Service Manual online you can link to will be a great help.

pff .. buy a cheap usb mouse.... or borrow one from friends

I do have a USB mouse and keyboard neither work.

When I enable USB and use my USB mouse with my PS/2 keyboard the keyboard doesn't work.

oddly I have same problem described here as inactive partition, did everything right. unmounted the partition, set the active bit, rebooted and nothing happens. put a dedicated drive in a rack for this.

This box:

3200+ Venice (ie SSE2+SSE3)

A8N-E (NF4Ultra, but pata secondary controller is crappy)

2GB DDR400 (2x1G DC)

15.4GB PATA FUJITSU, no bb in a rack as osx86 drive

250GB Seagate SATA - Linux 2.6.18

Install process is smooth, takes about 35 mins.

P.S.

For people with no mouse/keyboard

if you have PS/2 Keyboard and USB mouse, just find an old ps/2 mouse and stick it, this should make your ps2 keyboard & usb mouse work flawlessly. if you have an usb keyboard you have to get an usb mouse and then try to boot the installer again, works with all osx86 distros.

You're out of luck with your video. The 6100 will only have very basic video support. It may never be fully supported in OSX... Without "Quartz Extreme" and "Crystal Image" (usually referred to as: QE/CI) many OSX applications will not run properly.

As for sound: you didn't mention what sound chip your computer uses. You'll have to be VERY specific - down to the maker and model number of the sound chip (codec) itself... Simply saying you have a "Gateway

GT5032" isn't much help to anyone here (unless they're REALLY NICE and want to take the time and effort to find ALL the specs and/or User Manual for that specific Gateway computer!). Posting a link to the specs or if there's a Users Manual or a Service Manual online you can link to will be a great help.

Thanks CGSHEEN for the reply included are the specs for my integrated audio. Also do you recommend any video cards that will support QE/CI. Again thanks for your help.

Leopard AMD 10.5.2

Gateway GT5032

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 dual-core processor 4200+

Installed: 1024 MB 400 MHz (PC3200) DDR memory (two 512 MB modules)

Video - MCH (northbridge) Integrated Nvidia GeForce 6100

chipset - ICH (southbridge) nForce 410

Audio - Integrated interface:

AC97

Model: Realtek ALC653

LAN - Broadcom AC131 10/100 (not working) using pci card (working)

Add-in Card Slots

One PCI Express ×16 (graphics interface)

One PCI Express ×1

Two PCI conventional

Agen this new .ISO doesn't work either : \

Iv tried doing preboot commands after install commands but all i ever get after an install is a blinking "_" without quots or some EBIOS error that just kept repeating. (cant remember exactly what it said) i have it pulled up at home still ill try to update the error later today.

The Laptop i have is a DV6000 before they came out with the web cam, it's pretty hard to find online.

This laptop is a P.I.T.A. im having nothing but trouble getting ANY other OS installed other then windows, witch after a fresh install and 20H running time in infected agen before i could properly protect it :(

I've used install specs from other postings and they yield the same results, kalyway, IATKOS_v1.0ir2(Would not boot but V1 did), Zephyroth AMD 10.2.5. It takes usually 2 -3 times to get a disk to boot and i always have to hit *Esc* at start up and tell it to boot from disk or i get some com.apple error.

(I know this isn't the place for it ither but...) Also when trying to install Ubuntu, fedora, Linspire(Installs but with errors), XUbuntu... i get a BIOS error that flashes really fast befor the install starts, could this BIOS error be holding up Mac to?

I flashed my BIOS before i tried all this to the F.3D version(Still newest) it took a couple tries it didn't install some of the components the first time and i just downloaded and reflased agen last night to see if there was a miss or change in operations.

It's a nice little system and runs grate. I had the base OS install that came with it for over a year and had no issues till a bug got past my AV :) .

Is there any preboot or something that is guaranteed to work and is easy, still learning all this stuff and i don't wanna mess around with disk patching and what not. Or is the model of laptop just not compatible with other OS's? I've spent weeks and about 20 disks trying to get another OS on here other then windows its so close i have no hair left from riping it out, every thing is on the edge of working but keeps bagging me at the last possible moment.

Any help (Or donations to a new comp :P i kid) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

System specs. (or Link Here not actually my post just for reference.)

and a link to my BIOS (yes there is a lack of BIOS options HP cheeped out)

• AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50 processor running at 1.6 GHz.
  • 80 GB hard drive running at 5400RPM
  • 2048MB DDR2 SDRAM (2 1G sticks)
  • NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 graphics chipset, up to 288MB shared video RAM.
  • 15.4" WXGA Hi-Def Brightview Widescreen display.
  • 802.11 b/g WLAN
  • 16x DVD+ and DVD- R/RW with dual layer support
  • 5 in 1 card reader
  • ExpressCard54 expansion slot
  • Expansion Port 3 for docking stations
  • 6 Cell Lithium-Ion battery.
  • Windows XP Pro.
  • HP Mobile Remote Control (plugs into Expresscard slot)
  • Headphones

HI~

i failed to install.. or can say i failed to enter the installation.

When I boot up the computer with the DVD, I press f8 and type -v -x

and it show:

EFI enhanced bootloader build: ToH

Using SMBIOS table found at 0x000fbdb0

Using ACPI RSDP revision 0 found at 0x000fa7c0

Hey we are going backwards! -> , restarting timing

Hey we are going backwards! -> , restarting timing

Calibation failed with 2 attempts

I search the other forum,

someone said turn off ACPI 2.0 at bios it might work..

but the problem is that my motherboard bios have not this option..

So what can I do?

Anyone use this motherboard?

My Spec. as follow

CPU: 4800+ X2

Motherboard: GA-M55Plus-S3G

Ram: 3G DDRII 667

HDD: Maxtor 40G IDE (install in primary master)

DVD (install in second master)

Am I something wrong or miss?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Zephyrot 10.5.2

Athlon Xp 64 3000+ 1.8 Ghz 939 Venice

A8NSli Delux

Seagate 80Gb SATA

7600GT

RAM 1Gb

Install Completed. But i Can't Boot up

beCuase can't find HDD. Why? it's does not work

I Choose

1.Utility >Disk Utility

2.Choose drive > Partition >Option >Master Boot Record > Apply >Close Disk Utility

3.Customize > ToH kernel 9.2.0 >Additional Font >Language Transitions >Third Party Driver ALC883 >Chipset Drivers Nforce2/3/4/5 chipset driver >siliconimage3132 chipsetdriver >all Nvidia driver >all network driver >X11 >Bootloader >efi v8 mbr bootloader

It's Corrected?

Please Help Me!!!!

Ok, so ive read thru like 120 pages in this topic alone and cant find anything to help, even googled by problem and still nothing..

Here is my system i installed it on.

AMD +3200

2X512 DDR 333

2X1024 DDR 333

Nvidia chipset

Installation went fine but on boot up it hangs at:

"localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[71] Starting"

And thats as far as it gets.

Ive tried every possiable combination of the install i can. Still hangs there.

i know that ocspd has somethign to do with the keychain or the indexing.

Can someone shed some light on this...this is my SECOND MacOSx86 in the home and would love to get it up and running.

Hi my name is samy I am trying to install leopard on my amd pc but I am having trouble it hangs on this part then restartsbsd root disk 2s3, major 14, minor 6I dont know what to do here are my specsAMD Athlon 64 3200+Via chipsetNvidia 6800 GSMac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 for AMD SSE2/SSE3 I am using this dvd

hi everybody,

sorry to post in sunday but i have some problem to install zephyroth distribution 10.5.1 during one month .

my config

AMD ATHLON 64*2 BLACK EDITION

ASUS M2N SLI DELUXE

2 DD IDE MAXTOR SATA II MAXTOR

MSI GEFORCE 8600 GTS

1 BURN DISK SAMSUNG SATA

1 DVD PLAYER SANSUNG

I try this one :

with dvd press f8 boot cpus=1 -legacy ( i read it on forum)

i make a partition mbr

don't install nvidia 8800 series ( i have 8600 gts)

no problem to install mac osx this message install successfull

reboot

non cmd when i reboot

my installation freeze it :

darwin kernel version 9.1.0 : friday nov 16 14:50 SCT 2007 :made by Toh : xnv-122.80.2-1/BUILD/obj./RELEASE I386

zephyroth say to me this one

on boot : -s

mount -uw /

rm -r / System/Library/Extensions/Geforce* /System/Library/Extensions/NVDA*

Whenj i tapes this one

no file or directory

can you help me please

sorry for my englis i 'm french