New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

Hi fellas,

About 4 months ago I used to have a system with ASUS A8N-E, AMD 3200+, eVGA 6600GT, SATA disk and managed to install Tiger and Leo on separate partitions. I have 2 SATA disks. On one of them I have XP pro, on the other one, Tiger, Leo and Linux. But then I upgraded my system and Tiger and Leo don't work. I tried removing Extensions.kext and kextcache files, tried -v -s -x -legacy params, none worked.

So I want to try reinstalling Leo. My current system is below. Which Leo iso release would go with my system and which kext files would you recommend?

ASUS M2N-E

AMD X2 4800+

eVGA 8800GT 512GB

2GB Patriot DDR2

200GB SATA disk (20GB available for Leo)

Thanks

I already had this version...but still my laptop well not respond.its stuck.lastnyt,i tried to install 2 different version, 1 is this version and the other 1 is aitkos. aitkos cant detect my harddrive and this version(zephroth) it will hung.after you try to format ur hardrive. and sometimes,from the time you will boot up from cd. it will hung to... i dont know what to do now. please help me.

I recently got this to install on an external harddrive. after fixing the boot system I started the system up. The first time it got to lan detection (when it was loading) and then froze after it detected my lan cards. So I rebooted and put in cpus=1 and it got to the same point and gave me another error about the lan system. So I turned off lan system in the bios and tried again. This time it gave me another error which after i booted in safe mode (-X -V right?) was

[time] localhost configd[40]: could not establish network configuration: success!

Anyone have any suggestions? Or test I can run?

AMD 6000 (3.0)

asus m2n sli deluxe motherboard

nvidia 8800GTS 320 version

2 sata harddrives

sata dvd/cd drive

onboard sound/network

My Book external drive (320GB) 1:32GB mac install (HFS) 2:270GB NTFS media files.

Good news and bad news:

Good news: I got it to boot

Bad news: I had to use my dell laptop, I still want to get the above issue solved, as it's annoying, but I now have another problem, It didn't detect my mousepad or keyboard and I'm wondering how to get the correct files for that (I'm using my main keyboard and mouse from my computer) and also, If I do get it working on my other PC will it detect my LAN cards and disable the wireless network card.

anyone have an idea why i cant see my hard drives in disk utility or choosing where to install it :D i have a :

HP Pavilion dv9500 Series (It's a 9623ca)

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 ~2.00 GHz

Chipset & Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7150m / nForce 630m (I Hate shared graphics cards...)

1982 MB Ram

32 Bit Vista Ultimate (patched, no activation DELL)

My hard drives are:

[ TOSHIBA MK1237GSX ATA Device ]

anyone have an idea why i cant see my hard drives in disk utility or choosing where to install it :D i have a :

HP Pavilion dv9500 Series (It's a 9623ca)

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 ~2.00 GHz

Chipset & Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7150m / nForce 630m (I Hate shared graphics cards...)

1982 MB Ram

32 Bit Vista Ultimate (patched, no activation DELL)

is it sata?

anyone have an idea why i cant see my hard drives in disk utility or choosing where to install it :D i have a :HP Pavilion dv9500 Series (It's a 9623ca)Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 ~2.00 GHzChipset & Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7150m / nForce 630m (I Hate shared graphics cards...)1982 MB Ram32 Bit Vista Ultimate (patched, no activation DELL)

Enable IDE mode in your BIOS. It's probably set to RAID or AHCI. After you got Leopard loading then you can install the proper kext to enable AHCI mode.

BTW, if your install hangs at "1 minute remaining" just re-install it again and the installation should complete this time.

Good Luck

Hello

I'm just a newbie here.

Installed two different installs one JaS Tiger and Uphuck/Tubgirl. Neither booted. Wonder if it is the hardware here?

I installed JaS first and all I got was a flashing cursor. Then I tried Uphuck, that booted to what looked like the beginning of the DVD install (press f8 or -v....) After the JaS install it promped me to press F at the prompt (what prompt?) then type in .patcher 10.4.8.AMD cpuid.txt. There was no prompt to type this at. I'm totally confused. :D The install went smooth on both occations. Well, I thought it did. I installed both times on a separate 160 GB Seagate IDE drive with and without the main drive with XP Pro on it. I guess this is why my stupidity about Mac keeps me in the PC world. :(

What is the new name for the Leopard AMD file? If I find it I hope someone did not dink around with it then place it on the sites like the others I DL'ed that did not work at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated and get me out of the PC drudge...

Thanks

ZippyP

Hi all,

I've installed this disk, and when I'm trying to boot Leopard, some lines flashes and it stops at:

USB0: family specific matching fails

SMBS: family specific matching fails

USB1: family specific matching fails

Here is a picture.

So I tried to boot again, then it stops at same place, but this time it says USB1: family specific matching. Picture

Please need help! Hardware in signature.

First - please do not post posters here, we are not going to print your pictures and attach them to the wall. Pictures must be small but readable.

I'm not on a T3 line yet :)

Second - did you disable all unneeded devices in bios (floppy com lpt game midi and etc)? If so, did you try enable/disable legacy support for usb? Did you try to boot with -x -v flags? If none of the above helps try to tweak other bios settings like disabling network card, changing HDD controller modes or disabling power management.

When installing you may try to install only minimal set of addons, eg only AMD patch and nothing more. You can add the rest lately.

Good luck and post results.

Thank you! I booted with -v -x and then it worked ! I also disabled legacy and unconnected all USB devices. Now I only need graphics drivers to my GeForce 6600. Again, thank you!

Edit: Hm, it's telling me that my internet cable is unplugged so I dont have internet, wierd...

Now the internet is working martin. Before, when I was booting with -v -x it booted in Safe Mode. In Safe Mode, you can't access internet. So now that is solved. To fix my driver problem with graphics, I installed Nvidia Installer V1.9 by Punk92, but that package is'nt the best on, because it's kinda slow and hacking. For example, when I'm bringing up the dashboard, it hacks up. So, I'm searching on. By the way, to get Leopard working I have to first install JaS 10.4.8, and then i can install Leopard. Is that normal? And does it bring any side/negative effects? When I install a fresh copy of Leopard, it won't boot.

Sorry for off topic and my terrible english :|

Hi, I am new to all of this and I wanted to try to install Leo on my Acer Aspire 5050 notebook, but when the DVD boots I do not see my HD (which I want to wipe and install fresh.. it has Vista Home on it now). Does anyone know how I can get the installer to se my HD? I have a feeling it has to do with the controller and I believe the HD is SATA from some other posts I have read. It seems to do the same thing with a JaS 10.4.8 Tiger disc... any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Hi, I am new to all of this and I wanted to try to install Leo on my Acer Aspire 5050 notebook, but when the DVD boots I do not see my HD (which I want to wipe and install fresh.. it has Vista Home on it now). Does anyone know how I can get the installer to se my HD? I have a feeling it has to do with the controller and I believe the HD is SATA from some other posts I have read. It seems to do the same thing with a JaS 10.4.8 Tiger disc... any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!

So I found out both my hard drives were SATA, and here are their full specs:

Field Value

ATA Device Properties

Model ID TOSHIBA MK1237GSX

Serial Number 97NHF4BMS

Revision DL132C

Device Type SATA

Parameters 232581 cylinders, 16 heads, 63 sectors per track, 512 bytes per sector

LBA Sectors 234441648

Buffer Unknown

Multiple Sectors 16

ECC Bytes 4

Unformatted Capacity 114473 MB

ATA Device Features

48-bit LBA Supported

Advanced Power Management Supported, Enabled

Automatic Acoustic Management Not Supported

Device Configuration Overlay Supported

DMA Setup Auto-Activate Not Supported

General Purpose Logging Supported

Host Protected Area Not Supported

In-Order Data Delivery Not Supported

Native Command Queuing Not Supported

Phy Event Counters Supported

Power Management Supported, Enabled

Power-Up In Standby Not Supported

Read Look-Ahead Supported, Enabled

Release Interrupt Not Supported

Security Mode Supported, Disabled

SMART Supported, Enabled

SMART Error Logging Supported

SMART Self-Test Supported

Software Settings Preservation Supported, Enabled

Tagged Command Queuing Not Supported

Write Cache Supported, Enabled

ATA Device Manufacturer

Company Name Toshiba Corp., Storage Device Division

Product Information http://www.toshiba.com/taecdpd/products/hdd.shtml

By the way, to get Leopard working I have to first install JaS 10.4.8, and then i can install Leopard. Is that normal? And does it bring any side/negative effects? When I install a fresh copy of Leopard, it won't boot.

For me setup was stright and easy - no issues at all. I've installed clean system. Maybe it's because of my hardware sutup.

I suggest you should wisit Wiki and Forum, if you haven't allready. On the wiki many typical problems are documented and solved. Also there is drivers section, so you can save a lot of time.

So I found out both my hard drives were SATA, and here are their full specs:

Field Value

ATA Device Properties

Model ID TOSHIBA MK1237GSX

Serial Number 97NHF4BMS

Revision DL132C

Device Type SATA

Parameters 232581 cylinders, 16 heads, 63 sectors per track, 512 bytes per sector

LBA Sectors 234441648

Buffer Unknown

Multiple Sectors 16

ECC Bytes 4

Unformatted Capacity 114473 MB

ATA Device Features

48-bit LBA Supported

Advanced Power Management Supported, Enabled

Automatic Acoustic Management Not Supported

Device Configuration Overlay Supported

DMA Setup Auto-Activate Not Supported

General Purpose Logging Supported

Host Protected Area Not Supported

In-Order Data Delivery Not Supported

Native Command Queuing Not Supported

Phy Event Counters Supported

Power Management Supported, Enabled

Power-Up In Standby Not Supported

Read Look-Ahead Supported, Enabled

Release Interrupt Not Supported

Security Mode Supported, Disabled

SMART Supported, Enabled

SMART Error Logging Supported

SMART Self-Test Supported

Software Settings Preservation Supported, Enabled

Tagged Command Queuing Not Supported

Write Cache Supported, Enabled

ATA Device Manufacturer

Company Name Toshiba Corp., Storage Device Division

Product Information http://www.toshiba.com/taecdpd/products/hdd.shtml

Its just simply ATA/SATA/PATA Controller related problem.

THERE is not a KEXT wich supports your ATA/SATA/PATA Controller on the Installer DVD

only two ways to solve

1) go find KEXT (driver) for your ATA/SATA/PATA Controller

and inject it to DVD (long time to do, need another mac, need to know how to)

2) easyest way is find kext for ATA/SATA/PATA Controller

buy external enclosure USB2.0 to needed interface

install it to HDD externaly connected

inject kext to working installation

plug the HDD back inside

give external enclosure back to seller.

(this should take cca. 5 hrs including way to shop)

i made it second way with my notebook

go to forum/hardware/drivers/NForce sata Controller

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77071

Martin953! how did u get leopard on your sb600 690 motheboard??? my disc wont even start up because of it! ive managed to get 10.4.10 installed on a usb hard drive with the sb600 patch but it kernel panics when booting tiger from the internal hd.

howd u manage to get leopard installed on yours?

Gah, now I'm stuck at "Do You Already Own a Mac?" screen. I can choose my language and my keyboard, but when I come to Do You Already Own a Mac and choose "Do not transfer my information now", it's load and then it's go back to the first screen. I can choose the other options, but since I dont have a Mac or a Time Machine backup, it just says that it did'nt find any earlier Mac or any Time Machine backups. I followed this guide and I copied ApplePS2Controller.kext to System/Library/Extensions since I'm using a PS2 keyboard. So, does anyone have an idea?

2 sjoseph: Nothing special

1. Burn image to DVD

2. Set IDE HDD to master and IDE DVD-drive to slave on the same cord.

3. Boot from DVD, run DiskUtil, partition and erase IDE HDD (partition name "leopard")

4. Install (no errors, warnings, crashes)

5. Boot into OsX and install hardware drivers (video, SB600, network, sound)

6. Get satisfied!

Have you repaired permissions? If not - kext would not load. Search forum for "repair permissions" to find exact commands

It finds my keyboard, so I don't think that's problem. It just freezes when I choose "Do not transfer my information now". I think I'm going to install Tiger and create an account and then take that account and copy it in to a fresh Leopard installation. I don't know if it works, but it's worth a try. Or, I could create my account in single-user mode, but I dont know how to that.

Hi

As I read through these posts, I noticed that you have to turn things off such as USB, network, etc...

If you are running a dual boot system and you need access to these items how do you go about running dual OS ? Do you turn the devices of every time you want to boot to the Mac OS? I would think that would be quite counter productive.