New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

I am in the same BOAT, except I get to the very last screen where you actually set your PASSWORD! I get the beachball and everything you get!! I have tried everything in the wiki and RESET over 11 times andf still cant get thru it????????????????????

You tried this?

Solution 4: Boot using "-s" flag then type ->
/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root  <- Type any password you want

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

reboot

Hallo together,

I have a Pundit P1-AH2 and it installs perfectly on my System when using the -x bootflag. Thanks for the Image Zephyroth :)

Now to my Problem:

In the Pundit there is a Nvidia 6100/6150 onboard Card which is not working with Natit or everything else I have tried :)

I'm planing to buy a PCI Nvidia 5200 Card. Has someone tested the Card in such a Configuration?

Will the Driver ignore the Onboard Card and just use the PCI one? :) There is a Installer called Zephyroth NVidia Universal Installer.

If I use this installer, how can I "tell" it to ignore the onboard Card and just initialize the PCI one which would be the 5200?

If someone could help me with this it would be great, please.

Thanks

Vlaves

Hi peoples. Im new to the forums but was told a little about the AMD / Leopard hacking from a co-worker when i mentioned i was looking into getting a macbook pro to replace my vista laptop. I am currently downloading the iATKOS ver 1.0 iso and found a dual boot walkthrough that a found a link to that was hosted on thefreesuite.com.

Im new to OSX as ive been mostly a windows user and i kinda wanted to get a heads up if my laptop would work or not. I saw a few posts here and there about the ati mobility chipsets (which mine has) but im kind of getting lost in the flood of data here :) Any help would be great and ill insert the lappys specs here.

Mostly Id like to try this out and get a feel for OSX and make the decision if I want to shell out a good 2grand or more on a mac system. Many Thanks!!

MT6456 Notebook Specifications

<script language="javascript">Part Number: 1014350RGateway MT6456 Notebook

Feature Description Processor AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52

1.6G Hz | 512 KB ×2 L2 Cache

HyperTransport™ technology at up to 1600 MHz Display panel 15.4-inch Ultrabright™ WXGA TFT (1280 × 800) Chipset ATI RS485M Memory 1024 MB DDR2 667 MHz dual channel memory (2 × 512) <li>Two 200-pin SODIMM sockets on motherboard <li>Both sockets end-user accessible Video Controller ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150

Up to 256 MB of HyperMemory™ Audio High definition audio - 2 channel Hard drive 160-GB 5400 RPM PATA hard drive Optical drive 8X Multi-format dual layer optical drive Modem Integrated V.92 56K modem Networking Integrated Intel 10/100 Ethernet LAN Wireless networking options 802.11n wireless Media Reader 4-in-1 Media card reader

• Memory Stick®
  • Memory Stick Pro®
  • Multimedia Card™
  • Secure Digital™
  • MiniSD (when used with adapter that is supplied with card)
  • RS-MMC (when used with adapter that is supplied with card)

I/O ports

• Four - USB 2.0 ports
  • One - VGA port
  • One - S-Video
  • One - Type II PC Card Bus slot
  • One - IEEE 1394 (4-pin)
  • Microphone jack
  • Headphone jack
  • RJ-45 port
  • RJ-11 port

Pointing Device Touchpad with vertical scroll zone Expansion slot PCMCIA 1 - Type I or Type II; Card Bus Battery 6-cell Lithium-ion

Hallo together,

I have a Pundit P1-AH2 and it installs perfectly on my System when using the -x bootflag. Thanks for the Image Zephyroth :D

Now to my Problem:

In the Pundit there is a Nvidia 6100/6150 onboard Card which is not working with Natit or everything else I have tried :boxing:

I'm planing to buy a PCI Nvidia 5200 Card. Has someone tested the Card in such a Configuration?

Will the Driver ignore the Onboard Card and just use the PCI one? :blowup: There is a Installer called Zephyroth NVidia Universal Installer.

If I use this installer, how can I "tell" it to ignore the onboard Card and just initialize the PCI one which would be the 5200?

If someone could help me with this it would be great, please.

Thanks

Vlaves

anyone knows somthing about my Problem or how to solve it? Please...

You tried this?

Solution 4: Boot using "-s" flag then type ->
/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root  <- Type any password you want

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

reboot

I did but it DIDNT do anything, I think I have problems typing it, but I didnt get an BAD COMMANDS strings appear, but I am not this even does??

I do have question on one of the Solutions, the one where you change the Graphics Mode, I need o know hoe to type IT EXACTLY. This is how I see it everywhere "Graphics Mode" = "640x480x32" Now do I use the actual quotation marks?? is there a space between Graphics & Mode and a space after Graphics Mode & the 640x480 like the graphics Mode = 640x480x32. And do i use x or * from the keypad.

If someone could show me exactly how I should type it at the BOOTLOADER, cause I cant figure it out and if typed correctly it should skip the account creation process altogether, cause like I said I get stuck on the absolute last screen, where you set the password.

Please only thing holding me back from gettin Leopard to run!!!

hello! seems like i've got a problem, that was not described in this topic.

what i already did:

1. installed jas 10.4.8 and created an account

2. installed leopard, which crashed at the final stage of installation. after reboot it finished the installation, but crashed with kernel panic on the first start

now i can boot up leo with -x parametr, it asks me for my password (account was made in Tiger already) and then, when desktop and dashboard appears, it throws me back to welcome screen. in was the same problem in tiger when i tryed to open "about this mac" dialog (screen goes black, and then my desktop appears again)

dear gurus, pls help solving this problem

thanks and sorry for my english :angel:

Hey folks, I'm a newbie here. I just got this ISO and I'm trying to install it on my desktop and I've run into a bit of a problem at the install stage....without getting into the nitty gritty, it seems that my sata drive is not fully recognized by the disk utility.

I get an input/output error when I try to partition or format the drive (if the format option is even present).

I tried to do some reading and It may be that I need to load a kext to the ISO prior to loading, so that it recognizes my drive/sata controller.

Does this sound correct? Have there been people here with similar hangups using this ISO.

FYO, I am using an MSI motherboard (K9NGM)...

Finally, if loading an additional kext to an iso is what's needed, can you guys suggest if theres a way to do this from a windows platform prior to attempting an install? (or point me where to find such information.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

-Frank

Hi,

I have managed to get iATKOS to install on my gaming system [quad core, 2gb ream 7900GS all overclocked - without EFI yet though]

and i just got a laptop for school and want to get it to work on it aswell, BUT

With iATKOS, i get the following error, with normal boot, -v, -s, enabled:

Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Then it just hangs,

What other releases [Kalaway?] should i try/what other things should i try?

The laptop is a HP Compaq 6715b [sATA HDD, AMD 2.2ghz dual core, 2gb ddr2 ram, ATI R680M Chipset/Video card.] Specs

I have had the above error on other laptops i have tryed at work also, with completly differnt setups [iDEhdd, intel chipsets etc].

Have seen another with a similar laptop running 10.5.1 from a ToH build here

Thanks for any help

Hmmm.. where's the download link?
You can not ask to anyone to post any link.Please follow the forum rules.Make some research and do not ask where you can find it...
Hey folks, I'm a newbie here. I just got this ISO and I'm trying to install it on my desktop and I've run into a bit of a problem at the install stage....without getting into the nitty gritty, it seems that my sata drive is not fully recognized by the disk utility. I get an input/output error when I try to partition or format the drive (if the format option is even present).I tried to do some reading and It may be that I need to load a kext to the ISO prior to loading, so that it recognizes my drive/sata controller.Does this sound correct? Have there been people here with similar hangups using this ISO. FYO, I am using an MSI motherboard (K9NGM)...Finally, if loading an additional kext to an iso is what's needed, can you guys suggest if theres a way to do this from a windows platform prior to attempting an install? (or point me where to find such information.Thanks for any help you can offer.-Frank
Yes strangegrey,your problem may be that. It is possible that your SATA disc is not supported and your suggestion may sound right.Probably you may need to add the adecuate .kext. I recommend you to check my sig and make some research.Other possible thing may be the way you are formatting your drive.Greetings...

Hey falks.

I am a nap to OS X but i want to try installing it on my computer... some specs:

amd athlon 4400+

asus a8n sli premium

7800 GTX 256 MB

SATA HDD 200GB

PS2 geyboard and usb mouse.

can someone tell me exactly how to install it on this system with all steps i have to go through? if someone wants to help me, please let me know... if you need my msn / icq or what else to help me let me know it via pn :).

Thanks so much falks!!!!!

philli :)))))

I installed tubgirl 10.4.9, and I dont have LAN or Audio and only native resolution. my goal was to upgrae to Leopard and skip the Account Creation Process altogether. Now in previous attempts to install Leopard have yielded bad results although when I get to the GUI part of the installation I like to click on the SYSTEM PROFILER to see what is working natively, and evertime I get LAN and video seems to be recognized by Leopard. But for the 1st time I chose UPGRADE ( i did notice installation was very finnicky this time and took a longer time) When done LEOPARD DESKTOP appeared for the 1st time!! I did it thankgod

But I have NO ethernet/LAN or Video ( did have to delete all nvidia kexts to boot the 1st time) Does the upgrade process NOT INSTALL all the drivers that a fresh install would?? I know seems like a dumb question, but I need INTERNET. I got a REALTEK PCI network card, and it is ALWAUS supported natively, but for some reason it isnt for me, everywhere I read it looks as if REALTEK works by default on Leopard, so what drivers can I use to get it working or how to get my LAN working

Hey falks.

I am a nap to OS X but i want to try installing it on my computer... some specs:

amd athlon 4400+

asus a8n sli premium

7800 GTX 256 MB

SATA HDD 200GB

PS2 geyboard and usb mouse.

can someone tell me exactly how to install it on this system with all steps i have to go through? if someone wants to help me, please let me know... if you need my msn / icq or what else to help me let me know it via pn :) .

Thanks so much falks!!!!!

philli :) ))))

lol.All steps?.I do not think so! lol...First,you must check that your hardware is supported!.A basic step by step guide I think will be make some research at both AMD community and Leo Wiki>get the disc>install>enjoy.You must know that there is a lot of "known issues" described and the way about how to fix them,so you have a very good chance:just have to try.Greetings...

I installed tubgirl 10.4.9, and I dont have LAN or Audio and only native resolution. my goal was to upgrae to Leopard and skip the Account Creation Process altogether. Now in previous attempts to install Leopard have yielded bad results although when I get to the GUI part of the installation I like to click on the SYSTEM PROFILER to see what is working natively, and evertime I get LAN and video seems to be recognized by Leopard. But for the 1st time I chose UPGRADE ( i did notice installation was very finnicky this time and took a longer time) When done LEOPARD DESKTOP appeared for the 1st time!! I did it thankgod

But I have NO ethernet/LAN or Video ( did have to delete all nvidia kexts to boot the 1st time) Does the upgrade process NOT INSTALL all the drivers that a fresh install would?? I know seems like a dumb question, but I need INTERNET. I got a REALTEK PCI network card, and it is ALWAUS supported natively, but for some reason it isnt for me, everywhere I read it looks as if REALTEK works by default on Leopard, so what drivers can I use to get it working or how to get my LAN working

What did you try to get your ethernet working?.What about your sound card?.

Hello Everyone. Even though I am a noob at Mac OS, I am good with Linux, Windows and PCs in general. Despite the lack of Mac knowledge, I have finally gotten a stable install on my PC with QE/CI enabled, LAN, sound and a working "About this Mac" dialog!! This is all thanks to this thread! The greatest part is that I didn't have to ask any questions (Though I came close!!). Thanks to all who contribute here and thank you, Zephyroth, for all of your hard work. The only thing left is to be able to remove the "cpus=1" and take advantage of both cores. I don't have a second NIC, nor do I want to do wireless and lose the speed. I'll just wait patiently. Now if I could only get an install working for my Dell laptop with the Pentium M CPU (SSE2). I'll figure it out somehow.

Great Job!

CPU: AMD 64 x2 3800+

RAM: 2GB Corsair DDR

MB: EVGA NForce-4 SLI

NIC: NForce 10/100

Sound: AC97 onboard 7.1

Video: GeForce 7900GS

What did you try to get your ethernet working?.What about your sound card?.

Its funny Im looking in device manager and thru my drivers i backed up, its Realtek High Def Audio on nvida nforce 630a, thats all it says! I never noticed that, and my LAN is Realtek PCI RLT8139 Network card, I have tried a few RealtekR1000 and the Realtek Mac driver from the Realtek site and someother kexts I found browsing around. But usually when I do a fresh install I always check and my LAN is all working Natively, but since i Upgraded from tiger, NOTHING is supported?

Its funny Im looking in device manager and thru my drivers i backed up, its Realtek High Def Audio on nvida nforce 630a, thats all it says! I never noticed that, and my LAN is Realtek PCI RLT8139 Network card, I have tried a few RealtekR1000 and the Realtek Mac driver from the Realtek site and someother kexts I found browsing around. But usually when I do a fresh install I always check and my LAN is all working Natively, but since i Upgraded from tiger, NOTHING is supported?

Are you sure about your sound card?.There is almost a solution for the ALC662 (at least,it is working for some people) :) ...

hi I just downloaded zephyroth's amd 10.5.1 release, burned it, booted from the dvd and did a custom install by unchecking all options(I upgraded from jas tiger 10.4.8 where everything worked perfect),install went just fine till the end when it hanged and I had to manually reboot the computer ,I boted into tiger but I am getting this error:

NVDANV30HAL:Loaded and registered.(I have a geforce fx5500 agp gfx card)

then I am getting a kernel panic about NVDAResman.kext.

I did the install thing again but this time I did not upgrade,after the installer hanged,rebooted,and it saya that there is no keyboard pluged in(I have a ps2 keyboard&mouse)!

What should I do now?

LATER EDIT:These are the complete specs of my system:

Mobo:Asrock K8Upgrade-NF3,integrated Realtek AC'97 audio

Graphics card:Nvidia Geforce FX5500(0x32610de),AGP,256MB

HDD&DVD:Western Digital WD1600JB IDE Drive,LG DVD-RW GSA H10N

Are you sure about your sound card?.There is almost a solution for the ALC662 (at least,it is working for some people) :D ...
its the weirdest thing I have looked everywhere Nothing, even when i backed up my drivers everyone a name except for audio, it just keeps saying Realtek High Def Audio EVERYWHERE!!! I will try out ALC662 i might be that. Also I have been trying the AppleRTL8139Ethernet.zip for my LAN and it doesnt WORK, I have added all kinds of kexts and still nothing, I RealtekRTL8139/810x seems to be common, but I cant get it to work, I need a definite otherwise Leopard is useless, I live off broadband access!!!

EDIT:YES IT IS THE ALC662 duhhhhhhh, look at my SIG, I found it out already, Now the RealtekRTL8201N is the ONBOARD LAN, not the Realtek PCI card I have been asking about (i disabled it cause I hate Nforce compatibility!) and if I had to delete ALL NVIDIA GeForce kexts to load LEOPARD how am I supposed to re-install them?? I tried using the Nvidia Installer from the LeoWiki, it installed and I restarted, BUT I got the same Geforce Kernal Panics, so I had to boot into -S and remove them, any ideas on that???I know I seem to be asking n00bish questions, but i am SOO WINDOWS MINDED I can grasp any of this KEXTS and TERMINAL and all this MAC Command Line editing, i see all craziness and I cant get it, thats why, I mean I can do it, but it isnt easy, I just WANT my ETHERNET working