OSX86 10.5 Leo [ToH]-RC2 SSE3/SSE2 Intel Only

theSlug

379 posts in this topic

I have the same problem with 7800gt, NATIT v0.2 did not work. Which Natit version did you use? (intel 915GMH mobo with a 3GHz pentium 4, not the system in my signature)

I have used the Natit driver from: http://www.necnet.de/krass.man/Installers/...0Installer.html it is an installation file for OSX.

Try to install it, when i did it, the installation hangs. It seems that it dont worked but after a reboot i had al resolutions and QE/CI.

Good luck

I tried to install this ToH on my computer. When the load is over, the screen is supposed to display the language choice but unfortunately, as someone else on the forum, my screen is not able to display anything consistent.

After a few attempts I got TOH's Leopard to install on a Dell Optiplex GX620. Single Core, 1 GIG RAM, Built in Video PC.

The only problem I have right now is trying to get the Analog Devices ADI 198X Soundcard (built-n) to work. System Profiler says I have none.

I'm also trying to get my Edimax USB Wireless adapter to work since this PC doesn't have any PCI slots. I downloaded drivers for Tiger but not sure how to get that working. Sound is what I'd really like to get going first though.

So if you have ADI 198X Kexts please share and how to install it.

Thanks.

Hi,

got the ToH release installed on my Asus P5B-E Plus and it boots - well sort off.

It starts booting, I'll get to the Apple screen and then it switches to another grey screen with a cursor and it sits there forever...

Anyone with similar problem?

edir: i did run the fixboot script no change...

When booting with -v I can't spot anything just before the screen changes to the grey one.

Running a ATI 1950Pro card.. maybe thats the issue?

It boots into terminal with -s.

Any tips appreciated. am searching all sorts of forums - but couldn't find much..

/Daz

thanks ToH for this great softwere i just finish to install all work like a charm .i had 10.4.10 install and just make update to 10.5 and boom all work no problem with boot or anythingmy sys is quad 6600 badx2 4gb 1sata 1ide (hd)asus 7600gtthanks again to all here to make all things so simple.btw all cores work(4)and i get full res and sound work too (i use sound blaster usb)forgot to say that final cut studio 2 works great (all studio) but cs3 not need new apple new kext hope it will come soon....

After many hours I finally got the Edimax wireless USB adapter to work as well as the ADI 198xx Sound Card. Just intalled Beta of Office 2008 and no problems. So far so good, keeps fingers crossed.

After a few attempts I got TOH's Leopard to install on a Dell Optiplex GX620. Single Core, 1 GIG RAM, Built in Video PC.

The only problem I have right now is trying to get the Analog Devices ADI 198X Soundcard (built-n) to work. System Profiler says I have none.

I'm also trying to get my Edimax USB Wireless adapter to work since this PC doesn't have any PCI slots. I downloaded drivers for Tiger but not sure how to get that working. Sound is what I'd really like to get going first though.

So if you have ADI 198X Kexts please share and how to install it.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have an Asus P5K-SE, and my installation stops at "still waiting for root device". I've seen that this motherboard is problematic with Tiger: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=67077 , and I think I have the same problem with Leopard. It seems that this has to do with my board having ICH9 instead of ICH9R (whatever that may mean!). My motherboard doesn't allow me to set the SATA drive in AHCI mode, only IDE is allowed.

I'm installing the ToH release from an IDE DVD, and my Hard disk is SATA.

My first partition is Ext3 (for ubuntu), and I've prepared a second one as FAT32 for this installation (though it is not formatted).

So my question is: is this a drivers problem (as with Tiger), or a problem with my setup? Do you have any hints on how to go on? Could other Leopard iso's work ?

Thanks!

I have a Dell D820 with 4GB's of DDR2 667Mhz and trying to install this on an external USB HDD, everything works fine until the installer unpacks the payload and i guess it's supposed to verify essentials at which point it fails with the error:

'unable to verify the contents of Essential' or something close to that.

I have the disk as GUID and -v option at boot, anyone have any ideas?

Got a reply here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...&pid=493126

I sucessfully installed ToH with no problems. The only problem I had was in burning the DVD. (Used an old powerbook G4 with a 2x burner and the DVD was garbage. Once I burned with my 16x external all was gravy... installed in 10 minutes. Booted just fine. I am triple booting. Tiger, Leopard, and XP. This is what worked for me.

1. Use disk utility to partition your hard-drive for however many partitions you want. (3 for me)

2. After selecting how many partitions you want, rename/resize them to your liking.

3. Select options and select MBR for partitioning. (This is important)

4. Click partition. (You should now have however many partitions you want.

5. Install XP/Vista to one of your partitions. (For me I installed it to the third)

6. Do whatever the xp/vista install tells you to do about making partitions active/only one operating system ect.

7. Install a WORKING version of Tiger. I went with Uphuck 10.4.9 I did a minimal install with just the kernel ect..

7a. The reason I installed Tiger was to properly set up the MBR. Once I did this, Darwin works perfectly. I can boot to all three partitions.

8. Install Leopard.

I can now boot into all three partitions through Darwin.

Hope this helps.

I installed this on 2 PC's, one on my girlfriends computer which worked perfectly (Intel celeron 2.6 Ghz) no crashes, and on my Dell Precision 360 (P4 2.8ghz) I get constant crashes, the one where it asks you to reboot/power down in multiple languages, I get this all the time. I've been going nuts trying to figure this out. They both have the same video cards which work. What could be wrong, if some one has some insight on this Please help :(

hi... i cant boot to the GUI of the installer.. it will boot and load all kexts and stop at the part before the GUI of installer loads that says "MAC Framework successfully initialized.". checked the md5 and it is correct.. the DVD installer i used worked on another laptop, that is why i know the dvd is working.. any suggestion? i have tiger currently working.. specs on my sig..

tia!

I tried burning the image to a blank DVD-R twice, using PowerISO, and failed both times. Arrgh! What am I doing wrong here? The MD5 checksum (83909703A60283FFC8F3DA1D8A8594F0 *ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso) seems right.

Now I have this DVD which, whenever I put it into my computer, makes my computer crash.

EDIT:: I burnt it successfully using UltraISO. Thanks everyone anyway.

hey folks,

i've got mac nub's mac os dvd 10.4.10 which works like a charm, with all my drivers work without any messing about after the installation. It's like a dream come true, now that I'm done with having Tiger completely stable on my x86, I'm really wanting to give Leopard a go, now could anyone please tell me, if I was to use toH's dvd to upgrade to this installation of Tiger, should everything just work smoothly?

Am I wrong to assume that since all the drivers work in Tiger right now, will automatically be picked up by these Leopard dvd? did toH stick patched ktext files in this release for audio, graphics and lan ?

the dvd is on the download, want to do my homework about the installation before I go ahead ..

cheers ..

khurram i cant see ure config but it is simple just to make update. thats what i did and all work (driver boot soft..)

just cs3 doesnt work ...but if i can say so stick with 10.4.10 its better, looks more pro than 10.5. btw it is very stable the toh release i use it for editing video(very hard work for the computer)

I installed Leopard, but it wouldn't boot (shows a blank dark screen). So, I tried the fixboot as described, and now upon booting, I get the Grey Screen of Death "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button". Help!

I could only boot by bashin F8 upon startup and then going into verbose (-v). How can I fix this so that I don't need to do this every time?

Furthermore, my Intel Core 2 Duo shows up as Intel Core 2 Solo! How can I make it identify my other core?

I finally got the Leopard boot without CD, but can't make the network work.

Is anybody has kext file for Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Ethernet?

Thanks in advanced.

how did you fix that problem?

please help.

thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SYSTEM INFO

MOBO : GIGABYTE GA-8I865GME-775-RH

CPU : INTEL P D 3.4GHZ 800MHZ FSB

MEM : 1 GB 2x512

GPU : NVIDIA GF FX5700LE 256MB

CD/DVD DRIVE : SAMSUNG BURNER

PCI : VIA IEEE 1394

HDD : 1 300GB SEAGATE SATA (TIGER XxX 10.4.10 install)

HDD : 1 500GB SEAGATE SATA (LEO INSTALL)