OSX86 10.5 Leo [ToH]-RC2 SSE3/SSE2 Intel Only

theSlug

379 posts in this topic

However, I am annoyed by his stament on ToH that he has only 300 seeders while it was downloaded 900 times. Most people, after downloading a release like this will start installing it on their PC and toying with it to get it working. Ofcourse they won't keep seeding! It's just dumb to think they will. Brazilimac on the other hand is a very nice guy that helps people out.

I know this is a bit off topic, but when I saw that guy's comment about 300 seeders and 900 downloads in a bold red font on the demonoid thread, I was extremely annoyed too...and I'm one of the 300 seeders. I immediately thought he was an asshat!

diegah: I cannot explain that, but on a practical side, when it happens to me, I just unplug the cable and plug it back in, and the system is happy. It would be better if it did not happen at all, of course, but it doesn't bother me much.

If I start with F8 and run verbose-mode, Leopard runs fine! However...I always have to start in verbose mode or it will give me a kernel panic. Really wierd problem if you ask me. Any ideas?

Perhaps it was trying to boot at a display resolution your install doesn't like? just a guess.

diegah: I cannot explain that, but on a practical side, when it happens to me, I just unplug the cable and plug it back in, and the system is happy. It would be better if it did not happen at all, of course, but it doesn't bother me much.

I've deleted Extension.mkext and it works !

I have a clean new hard drive sata maxtor 250gb but leopard doesn't seem to recognize it. Disk utility doesn't see it. What can i do? I already tried to set raid on my motherboard's bios.. Thanks for the help

Has anyone got CS3 working on this? I tried two different ways. I tried CS3 on a fresh install of ToH and I tired ToH as an upgrade from mac.nub's 10.4.10 DVD. When I try to open Photoshop under the ToH upgrade path it loads then shuts down immediately. On the fresh install Photoshop would not even open at all. It acts like we need a new SMBIOS again...

So a little more insight to my issue. It seems it won't boot without the DVD and using rd=disk2s1.

I'm going to try the JaS Tiger then upgrade on top of that now. Should update all my kexts and get everything solid there then upgrade to Leopard.

Wish me luck!

Hi,

I install ToH Leopard with no errors, but I have problem with boot (bios freezes on PCI devices list screen). Script.sh method not work.

Now I install JaS 10.4.8 and update this to Leopard - result: panic (cpu 0 caller 0x001A7BED) kernel trap as 0x))1976BC.

My hardware is Gigabyte 945GZM-S2 with Core 2 Duo processor, 1GB memory. Installed on IDE disk. Is chance on start-up on my hardware LEO?

Marius

i have problems with my Intel PRO/100"Cable Unplugged""The Cable for built-in Ethernet is not plugged in"and obviously is plugged in... :(somebody ?
Me too, my ASUS P4C800E DL with the same problem.
I've deleted Extension.mkext and it works !
This don't work for me :)

@pakaya : you don't need to use a tiger to manual install boot loader . It can be done by using uphuck DVD . If you want to run post patch scipt , you can follow USB method or you can use MacDrive to transfer patch file to Leopard partition from Windows XP or Vista 32 & run it in Uphuck DVD terminal .

Thanks for the advice, could you please give step by step instructions including what I need. May be a new thread is a good idea as this problem seem to affect a lot of people. Thanks again.

My System boots with kernel panic.

But with F8 - an "-legacy -f" works 10.5 great! What is "-legacy -f" and how can i edit com.apple.boot.plist with this? (-legacy -f)

Sound=works

VGA 950=works (QE/CI with full resolution)

Network=works

Ok ... This totally worked flawlessly for me, I simply did an upgrade from 10.4.8 and everything works, including network, video CI/Quartze extreme .... Except VirtueDesktop, and XCode (I can just get the latest release for that). I did'nt even have to run the script for booting.

So if you are having problems do an update from a previous X86 release, it might or should work ;)

Ok ... This totally worked flawlessly for me, I simply did an upgrade from 10.4.8 and everything works, including network, video CI/Quartze extreme .... Except VirtueDesktop, and XCode (I can just get the latest release for that). I did'nt even have to run the script for booting.

So if you are having problems do an update from a previous X86 release, it might or should work :D

Lucky..........you don't need VirtueDesktop on OS X 10.5. It's called spaces in 10.5 and works great!

Hey guys I’m a huge noob. I installed Leopard using this release. Everything seemed to go ok on the install as far as I can tell. Except a few things sound and video which I read I can use natit since I have a 6600gt? Second I guess is related to my nic when ever I try to transfer files or browse websites or download a file the system displays a message asking me to hold power down and reboot. I have a Dell Poweredge 400sc Service Tag F3H4441. I looked but I am not sure my motherboard is supported it’s a PLANAR PE400SC I think. I know I need to upgrade badly. But this is all I have =(.

Working perfect here:

1- Use: Format & Make Bootable HD for Leopard.iso floating around on demonoid; this will solve the boot problem. It must be installed before Leopard in my expirince.

2- Use: ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso

3- Use Jccool method installer for Leopard for the x1950xt

4- for audio I used: ALC882 AppleHDA v0.4b

With the exception that it won't wake from sleep and displaying core 2 solo in about a mac.

Everything else works flawlessly :censored2:

has anyone succesfully installed this one a dell D620?

I mounted the image onto dvd, boot works, trying to install on a 60 GB sata, i format the hard drive from the disk utility tool in the install, format is Mac Journaled (unsure exactly) and the installation begins, says it needs an hour or so, then it will either freeze up with 21 mins left or with one min left.

System Specs:

Dell Latitiude D620

Itel Core 2 Duo 1.6G

1 GB Ram

60 GB Sata

Nvidia Quadro NVS 110m

Anyone have any luck with a similiar rig? Please PM is so. Thanks in advance.

My System boots with kernel panic.

But with F8 - an "-legacy -f" works 10.5 great! What is "-legacy -f" and how can i edit com.apple.boot.plist with this? (-legacy -f)

Sound=works

VGA 950=works (QE/CI with full resolution)

Network=works

(Thanks for the PM) . . AFAIK "-f" = Flush [kextcache] . . "-legacy" forces 32-bit mode.

If -legacy [alone] works then you need to have a look at your detailed BIOS settings.

Me too, my ASUS P4C800E DL with the same problem.This don't work for me ;)
That's strange, because I have the same motherboard which works just fine.You sure it's not the *800 Deluxe* (onboard 3Com gigabit)? The 800-E uses a different southbridge than the original 800 Deluxe (while both have HighPoint 378 SATA/extra IDE/RAID support, the 800-E adds the ICH5R (labeled on the chip, but because of the feature set, it's actually the ICH5SR) southbridge, which adds native SATA as well as native SATA RAID; in addition, this southbridge adds support for Intel's Communications Streaming Architecture to the 875P chipset. (The E's onboard networking appears as the Intel PRO1000CT in Windows, and has been natively supported in Darwin, and thus in OS X, since pre-Panther; I've used it with every version of Tiger I've run natively, where it appears as onboard Ethernet, and the same is true in Leopard.)Amusing tidbit: as old as this motherboard is (I actually purchased it new in 2003!), it took until Vista for *any* version of Windows to NOT require a separate install for the onboard networking, while Tiger's Darwin underpinnings supported it from the beginning (as has every Linux distribution I've used and Solaris).So how long have Apple and Intel shared that bed?
Let me clarify, BrazilMac DOES support NatIt and Azalia audio codecs : They DO work.. I would expect those to work on ToH as well, but they don't, alpha version , Avoid ToH til they provide better hardware support.
However, I can't use BrazilMac because it doesn't support SSE2 (while ToH does).Apparently, the Natit option in BrazilMac requires SSE3 support (which explains the KPs I get whenever attempting to enable support for my X1650PRO AGP support natively).Once BrazilMac supports SSE2, I may try that instead.