OSX86 10.5 Leo [ToH]-RC2 SSE3/SSE2 Intel Only

theSlug

379 posts in this topic

Well, i installed it and patched it, too bad no success!

Just get the errorscreen saying that i need to reboot :).

Guess i have to wait for a better release...

What worked for me was I used the Brazill PostPatch with a usb drive and patched over the TOH installation. Works but i need to leave the dvd inside the computer to boot. (anyone know a fix or manual bootloader install pkg?)

HI,

I 'm newbie in this world, i'm Linux an Microsoft user. I want to try installing Osx on my laptop. I have a question, is possible to install on blank hard drive ?

What must i do to start firstime ?

I read the Brazilmac installation Guide. I have this disc to create a new disc (http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1408861/1690606/)

I have the ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso

Can you help me to start my installation ?

Regards

HI,

I 'm newbie in this world, i'm Linux an Microsoft user. I want to try installing Osx on my laptop. I have a question, is possible to install on blank hard drive ?

What must i do to start firstime ?

I read the Brazilmac installation Guide. I have this disc to create a new disc (http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1408861/1690606/)

I have the ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso

Can you help me to start my installation ?

Regards

ZaQen - Hi: . . the easiest way even for the experienced is probably to first make a clean install to a bare HDD partitioned [MBR] & then formatted as a single active primary FAT32 using a Tiger 10.4.8/10.4.9 DVD like Uphuck 1.4iR3 . . this has very clear driver-choices & a working Disk Utility to reformat ['erase' in OSX-speak] to HFS+ . . do not install anything more than the bare minimum.

. . then once you're successfully in 10.4.9 restart & use the ToH RC2 DVD & install over Tiger: this worked fine for me.

This sequence is perhaps the least stressfull way because the ToH DVD has [iMHO] a less reliable Disk Utility & a doesn't automatically write a bootflag to the MBR.

I installed Leopard ToH RC2, and when attempting to boot Leopard, I received a BIOS error indicated that an OS could not be found. I booted up from the DVD again and properly ran /usr/misc/script.sh (which as far I can tell blesses the partition and makes it active). Afterwards, I no longer receive the OS-not-found error, but instead, after the BIOS completes loading, the boot process hangs with a blinking cursor. I'm able to run leopard smoothly if I bootstrap from the DVD, i.e. enter rd=disk#s# as a boot parameter. Is this a known issue with the ToH release or something left incomplete or improperly configured on my end? My CPU is a P4 Northwood (no SSE3) on a 875P chipset motherboard. Leopard is installed on the second partition (the first being NTFS without a Windows installation) on the primary SATA drive. Thanks so much for all the hard work--really incredible progress so soon after the official Leopard release.

I have the TOH release, but i cant even get into the installer. I ran the disc at startup and lines of text (in large font) scrolls up the screen, and then a few moments later the font is smaller, with no apparent errors and it doesnt go any further. anyone know what might be wrong? ive got tiger working fine! and I have the "make hd bootable for leopard" thanks!

Ok thank's for your response.

How many partition to install Tiger ?

2 ? one to bootloader + one contain system tiger ?

. . just make a single partition using the MBR scheme [ie don't use GPartEd for this] then make a single active FAT32 primary [ie something the installer will mount]: OSX will take it from there.

nope, sadly the ToH image won't read my Sata Hd... Too bad i really thought that this was the right one for me... I even stayed awake for like 26 hours to download it :) Anyway thaks to the people that made it possible, hope that in near future i'll get a real mac instead of just trying and trying with no sucsess :)

SHOARTING,

Ok i do just one partition in Fat 32.

I have a 160gb hard drive capacity. If i do one partiton of 80gb and nothing after, it's ok ?

Tiger just install in fat32 ?

. . yup; that's OK

Set your HDD mode to AHCI in the BIOS.

(edit) use the Disk Utility in the Uphuck DVD's installer to select then 'erase' your FAT32 partition - this by default reformats it to the Mac journalled f/s, which is what you want

. . yup; that's OK

Set your HDD mode to AHCI in the BIOS.

(edit) use the Disk Utility in the Uphuck DVD's installer to 'erase' your FAT32 partition - this in fact reformats it to the Mac journalled f/s

ok, ahci is ever enable ;-)

Where i can found compatibilities hardware ? I ask me, if my wireless Intel 4965 run on tiger and leopard.

Regards

I installed Leopard ToH RC2, and when attempting to boot Leopard, I received a BIOS error indicated that an OS could not be found.

One of the very first installers for Tiger had this problem of not flagging the partition as active; use qparted on a Kubuntu live CD to flag.

That's strange, because I have the same motherboard which works just fine.You sure it's not the *800 Deluxe* (onboard 3Com gigabit)? The 800-E uses a different southbridge than the original 800 Deluxe (while both have HighPoint 378 SATA/extra IDE/RAID support, the 800-E adds the ICH5R (labeled on the chip, but because of the feature set, it's actually the ICH5SR) southbridge, which adds native SATA as well as native SATA RAID; in addition, this southbridge adds support for Intel's Communications Streaming Architecture to the 875P chipset.

My mobo is P4C800E DeLuxe.

Now the LAN working, after delete Extension.mkext and fix permissions with disk utility but the cable still be unplugged. "The Cable for built-in Ethernet is not plugged in" but the LAN work...

Another problem is the missing ShutDown, when I quit Leopard the system don't switch off, only the HD and the monitor but the mobo still alive, like old AT power (not ATX).

Hey guys I’m a huge noob. I installed Leopard using this release. Everything seemed to go ok on the install as far as I can tell. Except a few things sound and video which I read I can use natit since I have a 6600gt? Second I guess is related to my nic when ever I try to transfer files or browse websites or download a file the system displays a message asking me to hold power down and reboot. I have a Dell Poweredge 400sc Service Tag F3H4441. I looked but I am not sure my motherboard is supported it’s a PLANAR PE400SC I think. I know I need to upgrade badly. But this is all I have =(.
Ok So i Dropped another nic in my machine and reinstalled osx and used that nic instead of the onboard nic. Doing that seems to fix the rebooting problem i was having. I think i now have full video card support after using the Natit installer for my 6600gt. The last problem I have is getting the sound card to work does anyone have any ideas?thanks-guh
No. It's not. You can't run it on a normal Intel pc nor do you need it.
I thought it would make things easier when i tried to boot into vista thats located on another drive.-guh

My mobo is P4C800E DeLuxe.

Now the LAN working, after delete Extension.mkext and fix permissions with disk utility but the cable still be unplugged. "The Cable for built-in Ethernet is not plugged in" but the LAN work...

Another problem is the missing ShutDown, when I quit Leopard the system don't switch off, only the HD and the monitor but the mobo still alive, like old AT power (not ATX).

That means you likely have another LAN card (or something recognized as a LAN card), as I have the exact same motherboard, which works swimmingly. If your onboard 1394 is not in use, that is where the complaint is coming from (if it's activated); same thing applies to all Sound Blaster Audigy (Classic/Audigy 2/ZS) cards.

I also have the same issue where you must shut down manually (same applies to restarts). This is an issue I did *not* have with any version of Tiger.