OSX86 10.5 Leo [ToH]-RC2 SSE3/SSE2 Intel Only

theSlug

379 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I tried to install from ToH's DVD image, but no luck! after checking the DVD integrity it stopped the installation, some errors showed up, ie. cannot write on VOLUME/LEOPARD, etc

I have a running OSX tiger on my other partition, installed it from a flat image, can i use the same procedure? and how to create a flat image from the DVD iso.

Thanks,

royemaun

I did an upgarde from Uphuck 10.4.9. However I am getting a blue screen during reboot :( .

Tried -f -v / -v -s / -v -x / but all didn't help.

Apprecaite any advise what I should do next other than trying a clean insatll?

(Using P4 3.0G, ATI x1600 pro 512 MB, 2.0 G memory.

Uphuck 10.4.9 was running good except no DVI output)

Thanks

Hi all, i am trying to install ToH on Acer Aspire Laptop. The install was ok, Leopard boot with the BootFix /usr/misc/script.sh Volname. Then i wait the Leopard introduction, then it came the window when you choose the country, then choose keyboard, then came the window where you can choose if you want to transfer information from another Mac. I choose ¨Do not transfer my information¨ then i put Continue and then after a 1-2 minute the Leopard Welcome goes again and then again the next three windows and in the ¨Do you have another Mac window¨goes the same, i choose to not transfer from other mac and after 2 min. again the Leopard Welcome animation. Can someone help me with this.

Thanks

good but not really that good.. messes up with my boot loader and destroys my vista partition for some reason after installing leopard. Also toh kernel doesnt show up my both cores running. I get a solo core working instead. What kind of joke is that :wacko:

good but not really that good.. messes up with my boot loader and destroys my vista partition for some reason after installing leopard. Also toh kernel doesnt show up my both cores running. I get a solo core working instead. What kind of joke is that :wacko:
. . fire up Activity Monitor - you will see both cores are working. This cosmetic issue can be sorted with a new AppleSMBIOS.kext

If you installed OSX86 after Vista to the same HDD then, yes [obviously] the Darwin bootloader will have overwritten the Vista thing. There are tutorials/howtos here for dual-booting.

On my ToH 10.5 installation, for some reasons, my Activity Monitor doesn't work. Everytime I try to launch it, I got this error msg "The application Activity Monitor quit unexpectedly". Does this happen to any of you? How can I fix this?

M

Hey guys wondering if you can help me

I ran the installer over a barebones working tiger, then booted into a second tiger install and ran the post patcher.

All went well but when I use the darwin bootloader, selecting leopard boots my tiger install.

Tiger boots ok, and leo boots into the same tiger also.

Leopard = Disk1Part1

Tiger = Disk1Part2

Both options from within darwin load Disk1Part2

Is there a command I can perminently embed to make the first option within drawin bootloaded load Disk1Part1?

I finally managed to get this beast installed on my HP dv6226us. What I ended up having to do, as I couldn't no matter what I did get this to install on my desktop, I installed JaS's 10.4.8 and got that up and running. Installed what was needed for my audio and wifi adaptor, then I did and upgrade. I didn't have to do anything after the upgrade, Leopard booted up smoothly and had all my settings and programs still there. I must admit from being an avid Vista/XP user, I was a Mac user back in the day, I really like the way that Leopard runs on my HP. I used to have a PowerBook that was running 10.3, and some numbers after that. So far Leopard runs faster that Vista, and more stable. In the process though I did totally screw up my notebook, messed up my Recovery partition and Vista install had to order the Recovery disks. I might just leave Leopard on here for a while though, as long as I can do everything on Leopard that I did in Vista, I will keep it......

Tried it with no luck here. It runs the entire script it says done, but stalls at boot without the install disk still :(
try to use Brazil patch the TOH 1.5. May be work. I use ToH patch not work. I change 100% work perfect.I try two version 10.5 (ToH & Brazil). ToH is better. But the patch script is not 100% work. I try two machine not working. Later I change Brail patch. Two machine working perfect. I also try to clean it to reinstall again. 100% work. But Brazil teach the user has some mistake.1. setup two partition, One for Leopard, another is patch Partition 1 - Leopard (MAC format) Partition 2 - PATCHER (MAC format) - Brail tell the user using FAT32. But use terminal can't mount FAT322. The user need has jump drive. save the patch in to jump drive. When setup harddisk partition and erase finish. Use Disk Utility restore patch scrip into PATCHER directory. 3. Finish restore. Start to install HoT 10.5 into Leopard partition. 4. Finish install. Restart system again. Goto Terminal. type - cd /Volumes/PATCHER ./9a581-PostPatch.sh or ./9a581PostPatch.sh remove powermanagment - Yes reboot system - YesBrazil version miss a lot driver. ToH more.. So I like to install ToH.Remark : Partition need 100% same of mine. Carefull big and small character. If change may be not working

Hi friends,

I have Intel D946GZIS motheboard, P4 3.0 Ghz HT CPU.

my installation stucks at

ACPI:System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

I tried 10.4.8, 10.4.9, uphuck, kalyway, leopard brazilmac, TOHx.......5 diffrent DVDs

if you have any solution then please please let me know.

I desperately want to install OS X on my PC.

regards

Niket

1)For information and to help others:

-First Installed ToH: din't boot

- ran /usr  xxx    Script: deosn't work

- reformatted drive

- installed Uphuck 10.4 (via VMWare and the uphuck_10.4.9_v1.4i_r3.iso, as the DVD doesn't work for this Uphuck, on my acer)

- installed ToH: (via normal DVD made from ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso (MD5=83909703A60283FFC8F3DA

D8A8594F0)

-Boots!!....

2)Need Help:

...BUT :P :   

STillProblem after boot begins, spinning circle and apple , computer crashes ...

When booting with -v, I see that bit crashes shortly after loading Titan NVidia -DRiver.

What can I do?

(Acer Aspire 9920, Nvidia8600M GT)