OSX86 10.5 Leo [ToH]-RC2 SSE3/SSE2 Intel Only

theSlug

379 posts in this topic

I tried running the ./script sh thing twice (mounted and unmounted), but didn't work for me. I get errors such as the following:

unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

<snip>

Blessing partition disk0s3

Device is not whole

when I reload it still kernel panics.

I have Tiger on first partition, xp second partition, then leopard on 3rd partition (disk0s3).

The only possible way of booting into leopard is by booting into 32bit mode with -legacy -f, and it recognises my quadcore q6600 as a core solo.

Any other helpers out there?

cheers tazmania for the advice, well I'm just wanting to use Leopard for general use really. I'm well happy with 10.4.10 being as stable as it'd be on a real mac. i'm still not sure about like, does leopard not overwrite the ktext files that are already patched for drivers? the only little issue I have with tiger is that my firewire iSight lags and stutters while being used?

the leopard dvd is taking ages to download, I wonder if mac nub is going to make a quality release of leopard, just like he did with tiger?

Well, another answer from my side.

Got Leopard working now on my Dell Inspiron 9400.

I installed Tiger (uphuck) first and then did a upgrade to Leo with the ToH DVD and that seems to be working, no need to leave the DVD inside the drive.

All my hardware except the cardreader is working and i still have 2 problems for which i am looking for a solution:

1. When i boot i need to pass -v as boot parameter, else i get a Kernel Panic.

2. When i try to shut down, it actually shut's down, but my power LED keeps on burning and i have to turn it off manually with the powerbutton.

Any answers?

Ok i'm having a weird problem that no one else seems to have encountered. Everything went fine, it boots allright and i'll get the choose language, register etc dialogs... After the "do you want to transfer files from another mac" thingie, i'll get the cool os X welcome animation thing, but... instead of going to desktop i'll get all those language choosing dialogs again. And again and again. Always after the welcome animations. What to do ?

the same problem here too

installed on an external drive

Just installed this one. It did take some time to figure out the settings in BIOS and used fixboot script to make it bootable. Now it is running. Need to disable HT in the BIOS.

System Profiler got crash when try to run it.

Chipset: Intel 865GBF

CPU: P4 3.0G Northwood (Disabled HT)

RAM: 768 MB

HDD: PATA 80G HD

GPU: on-board

LAN: on-board

SND: on-board

Can anybody explain to why my sound and dvd drive are not supported/recognized in this install but were in BrazilMac's version?? What's different??? I have an Asus P5B-Plus with sata pioneer dvr-212 dvd writer... Everything work fines in tiger and worked fine in brazilmac install... but i juste want to understand...

my E2180 machine simply kernel panics at first boot. since there are no hints to postpatching found at install-time, i guess what we have here is a very brute first try that obviously works on some hardware, but not on most. :/

oPlease help me .... fixboot >> unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35 diskutility disk permission >> >> unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35chmod >>>> unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35and my ati 9600 PRO .. dont support QE .. CIDisplay: Type: Display Bus: PCI VRAM (Total): 256 MB Vendor: ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x4153 Revision ID: 0x0000 Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded Displays:Display: Resolution: 1280 x 1024 Depth: 32-bit Color Core Image: Software Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Quartz Extreme: Not SupportedThanxsorry ... my english ..bad

I tried running the ./script sh thing twice (mounted and unmounted), but didn't work for me. I get errors such as the following:

unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

<snip>

Blessing partition disk0s3

Device is not whole

when I reload it still kernel panics.

I have Tiger on first partition, xp second partition, then leopard on 3rd partition (disk0s3).

The only possible way of booting into leopard is by booting into 32bit mode with -legacy -f, and it recognises my quadcore q6600 as a core solo.

Any other helpers out there?

fustyler, i´m the some dificult on running the script for boot.

Please anybody help us!

thks

Hi,

I install ToH Leopard with no errors, but I have problem with boot (bios freezes on PCI devices list screen). Script.sh method not work.

Now I install JaS 10.4.8 and update this to Leopard - result: panic (cpu 0 caller 0x001A7BED) kernel trap as 0x))1976BC.

My hardware is Gigabyte 945GZM-S2 with Core 2 Duo processor, 1GB memory. Installed on IDE disk. Is chance on start-up on my hardware LEO?

Marius

EDIT: took some stuff out here (seemed unnecessary, the important bits are there)

Hey Marius Amiga, I have an almost identical setup to you, and had exactly the same problems as you, but have thankfully got my copy of Leopard booting up now... here is how I did it...

1. I installed JaS 10.4.8 on fresh installation(didn't bother installing sound or ethernet drivers)

2. Booted ToH installation - installed over 10.4.8 (didn't erase)... Unchecked all boxes for minimum installation (no printers, languages e.t.c)

3. Didn't bother with patch, after installation I just kept tapping F8 for boot screen, then typed...

-legacy

4. Ok so the typing -legacy did my head in so I played with my bios....

This seemed to do the trick...

Bios -> Advanced ->

Limit CPID max to 3 [disabled] Or your profiler will crash

CPU EIST Function [disable] Or doesn't boot

5. Saved those changes, and Leopard works a treat - don't have to do anything, just switch on!

Thats what worked for me - I hope it helps you.

Ethernet worked straight away

sound works with patch - see here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=70198

QI & QE work a treat!

Also only showed up as Core2solo for some reason (still runs fast enough)

If you (or anyone) makes any extra progress with 945GZM-s2 please let me know what you did, will be very grateful!

I'm an OSX newbie and installed the ToH with very little problems on a Dell E510. A couple of tweaks and the built-in network (Intel Pro 100) worked. I had to force a screen resolution of 1280x1024 in the boot file, but it looks good.

My only remaining issue is sound. I have a built-in Sigmatel 9220 (VenID: 8384, DevID: 7680) that I can't seem to find an answer to. I've tried the tiger solutions, but haven't had any luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just wanted to post an update. I finally got the sound working as it should by following the the directions in the Tiger 9220 thread.

My only remaining issue is the mouse artifacts.

I've downloaded this iso and installed it on my laptop. The installation works fine but when it's finished it won't boot. After the bios the screen stay blank. When I start the dvd again and give the option rd=disk0s1 then it starts the OS perfectly.

(When starting the dvd, it starts with darwin/x86. But when I boot from my HD, it doesn't show anything). Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I've got a native installation. No Dual boot.

imadosser, i have same problem as Marius Amiga and your installation method with JaS 10.4.8 works... now ill try to setup my BIOS just like you said (Gigabyte 945GZ GA-8I945GZME-RH)

But... im still worried about my HDD during dvd booting.

imadosser, i have same problem as Marius Amiga and your installation method with JaS 10.4.8 works... now ill try to setup my BIOS just like you said (Gigabyte 945GZ GA-8I945GZME-RH)

But... im still worried about my HDD during dvd booting.

Let me know how you get on...

Got my sound working - take a look:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=70198

... Only thing left is getting core2duo instead of core2solo - then its all sorted!

I installed Leopard, but it wouldn't boot (shows a blank dark screen). So, I tried the fixboot as described, and now upon booting, I get the Grey Screen of Death "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button". Help!

I could only boot by bashin F8 upon startup and then going into verbose (-v). How can I fix this so that I don't need to do this every time?

Furthermore, my Intel Core 2 Duo shows up as Intel Core 2 Solo! How can I make it identify my other core?

I fixed it once.....by editing apple.com.Boot blabla or something like that. But I somehow can't seem to anymore.(did a fresh install) so I'm seriously wondering what it is. It's a very odd bug.

ive installed this and runs fine, only problem i got concerns the patches and ive managed to patch anything but network. Has anyone any idea if i can get that intel pro ethernet working? worked like a champ on tiger using tulip and some modified kext. I used xcode 3 to do the patch for tulip but on tiger i used 2.4 or something. Any workarounds lads? Im having an hp dv5000 series lap.

Let me know how you get on...

Got my sound working - take a look:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=70198

... Only thing left is getting core2duo instead of core2solo - then its all sorted!

After setting up Leo boots fine, without any problems but im thinking about less offensive way rather than setting up parameters in BIOS - maybe editing /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist file would help? I mean kernel flags or somethin... Can anyone help us :<?

Yeah, seeing Core 2 Solo is just like pain in the *ss lol... but im thinking that ToH release patch just like JaS and we will get back second core ;)

Ah... tell me whats your network card. Maybe Marvell 8001 Gigabit Ethernet?

After setting up Leo boots fine, without any problems but im thinking about less offensive way rather than setting up parameters in BIOS - maybe editing /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist file would help? I mean kernel flags or somethin... Can anyone help us :<?

Yeah, seeing Core 2 Solo is just like pain in the *ss lol... but im thinking that ToH release patch just like JaS and we will get back second core :smoke:

Ah... tell me whats your network card. Maybe Marvell 8001 Gigabit Ethernet?

Realtek RTL 8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet Nic

--

as for the bois...

CPU EIST Function is the one that messes it up, and must be disabled (or you get the dark screen with a pic of a power button)

Limit CPUID max to 3 needs disabling otherwise the system profiler won't work.

--

As for the rest I mentioned (No execute memory protect, CPU enhanced halt (C1E), CPU thermal monitor 2 (TM2), & Virtualization technology) they can be re-enabled if you wish.

--

I did a bit of digging around on google - You might already know what those options are all about, but if I'm completely honest I wasn't a 100% here's what I found (from www.planetx64.com on a similar mobo)..

CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) will slow down your CPU and decrease current when the OS executes a halt instruction to keep temperatures down, for maximum performance when benchmarking it is recommended to set it to disabled.

CPU Thermal Monitor 2 (TM2) will throttle your CPU when it reaches a preset temperature.

CPU EIST Function enables/disables the Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology which again, is like the AMD Cool'n'Quiet feature. If enabled, EIST will throttle your CPU speed (Via the multipliers) and Voltage when the processor is idle.

Virtualization Technology is an option for future use, currently no software takes advantage of it. Possible support may be introduced in future versions of applications such as VMware or it may be useful in Vista, but for the time being, I set it to disabled. <- No idea if OSX utilizes this feature

--

Yes, don't really like the idea of disabling the EIST - Anybody think it will reduce the life expectancy of my system? Or is it not really a big deal?

So I'm finally trying the install and I'm not sure why the install disc can't see my hard drive. I normally run 2x 500GB SATA drives, but for OSX, I'm trying it on a 160GB PATA with nothing else connected other than the DVD-ROM. I pull up the disk utility and it shows that the DVD-ROM is the only drive connected.

the BIOS shows the hard drive...any ideas? Doesn't look like I'll be getting the install done tonight. :(