OSX86 10.5 Leo [ToH]-RC2 SSE3/SSE2 Intel Only

theSlug

379 posts in this topic

hmm.. it doesn't work for me.

Still getting the same KP.

I think it's something to do with ASUS motherboards since the people that i've seen with KP's at start up are all ASUSes.

Anyone know what to do? I'm on a Asus p5ld-2 se.

EDIT: I've tried Shoarthing's method too. But no luck for me :P

This rls starts make me sick

I burned it in 3 different medias, the good quality ones and download the iso 3 times with the right and checked CRC, Burn the iso under diskutility, toast and discblaze at lower and faster speeds.

I simple cant reach at the end of install cause its start framing on dvd verification when installing (skiping or not, at this point the setup runs at 5fps like), well ok. Its taking forever on bootup of installer (holly shetz!) and there is any problem on the far away calculating the install time (my mistake, and freezes forcing me to reboot this)

Now its time to try the manual and forced install by copy the system files and the whole stuff doing this thing using pacifist.

of course, i have a loller p4 "sse2"

so, suggestions?

Great, well done :thumbsup_anim: , However for a novice like me the instructions are not complete. My questions are;

1. Do you boot in to ToH DVD?

2. Which Tiger disk? Is it an install DVD or hard disk installation.

Thanks in advance.

I have four hard disks on which an OS is installed. With Acronis OS selector I can select them. Firstly I have tried to fix by booting the DVD but that was the Brazilmac dvd on a Brazilmac installed system. That did not help and took also a lot of time.

So then I installed the ToH and that has the advantage of not needing a post install patch. I could boot into Leopard but only with the help of the DVD.

Then I decide to apply the instructions when booted in my 10.4 (uphuck) tiger system. There I launched terminal and firstly used the command "diskutil list" to find out what the device name of the disk was which would not boot. In my case it was disk2s1 which means second hard disk first partition. You will see whether you got the right name because you have to unmount the disk from terminal. If you see the correct one disappear meaning unmount then you can proceed with the first step

BTW To make the disk bootable you need some files like boot1h and the startupfiletool. I got my files from this post here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry488435

In the modified zip file are the files you need to make the disk bootable. Put the unzipped nateleav76_mod_p5k3_patch folder somewhere on your hard disk which is easy to navigate to. Then use the command cd .. to get to the folder i386 with the boot1h file.

After succesfully copying that the boot1h to the beginning of the partition of the target disk you then have to put the startupfiletool which is also included in the nateleav76_mod_p5k3_patch folder in the usr/sbin of your 10.4 system. The usr/sbin folder is usually invisible. I use tinkertool to temporarily make usr folder visible and then go to sbin folder and put the startupfiletool inside.

The reason for this is that otherwise the command of the second step will not work it needs this program

Then continue to do step 3 and step 4 "diskutil mount diskXsx" (i have removed the slash before diskXsx since that gives an error) and step 5 final bless. Reboot and you will find that the disk will boot.

Of course not everybody has two or more hard disks. For those it maybe better to wait for a update of the dvd. The advantage of a second OSX system is that you use one to fix other if something goes wrong

Hopefully this can be of help to you and others. It was quite a challenge to figure it out but i like computing so what the hack

Just another quick update as to the status of the ToH release on an Intel SSE2 machine.

It is installed, and running great. I had to search the forums here for my NIC, and found some drivers that were written to get it to work in Leo. I also had to grab the kext's from other site here, I forget which, for my NV card (used the Natit V.02). After I installed those, everything worked great.

I also was daring and installed 2 of the software updates. The RDP one, as well as teh Login Window and Keychain thing. They installed flawlessly, and I am still having an excellent running system.

I want to put this on my XPS m1210 so much, but I guess this still doesn't make the Intel 3945 Wireless work...

Laptop without wireless is so useless to me :) and I really *really* want to try OS X without paying the $$$$ for a MacBook

I cannot install it at all on my Thinkpad T42p. Put the dvd in a usb enclosure, it reads all(?) extensions and then immediately reboots, then again seems to start installation, reads extensions, and reboots again, and so on. Never happened to me with any other mac install dvd. 10.4.8 installs and works very well. Does anyone have any idea why it reboots and never goes further? (MD5 is correct). I would appreciate any idea.

@BarryBar : You don't really need to get startupfiletool or boot file from the net because it is include in uphuck disc . Search it & you will see ^^.

@pakaya : you don't need to use a tiger to manual install boot loader . It can be done by using uphuck DVD . If you want to run post patch scipt , you can follow USB method or you can use MacDrive to transfer patch file to Leopard partition from Windows XP or Vista 32 & run it in Uphuck DVD terminal .

it reads all(?) extensions and then immediately reboots, then again seems to start installation, reads extensions, and reboots again, and so on.

I have the same problem on my HP NC6000 laptop. Haven't found any solution though.

AVOID this "distrib"!

The ToH failed for me, Video was using VGA (I have a Nvidia), Sound was not working and amoung other things TimeMachine was failing.

BrazilMac did better with its patch.

I switched back to XxX...

AVOID this "distrib"!The ToH failed for me, Video was using VGA (I have a Nvidia), Sound was not working and amoung other things TimeMachine was failing.BrazilMac did better with its patch.I switched back to XxX...
It is very normal that those things are not working. They aren't supported neither with the BrazilMac. If they work with Brazil out of the box you are just lucky that's all. This release is as good as all the others and is faster to install as well. This is bleeding edge guys, you will have to wait for 2/3 weeks before things get stable and the real releases with patches start appearing.ToH did a fine job!One question though..... If I start with F8 and run verbose-mode, Leopard runs fine! However...I always have to start in verbose mode or it will give me a kernel panic. Really wierd problem if you ask me. Any ideas?

I agree.

Like all tiger releases YMMV - it all depends on if your hardware is compatible.

I used the ToH release with the boot patch - installed NVInject for Leo and the Azalia patch from Tiger and its working brilliantly.

Does anyone know how to get the Alex voice installed? I don't have it on ToH for some reason, I thought it was a part of Leopard.

Oh and btw - if you're looking for a fully supported webcam for use in ichat or photobooth with your hackintosh - check out the xbox 360 cam - it needs no drivers and is just as good as the isight in the wifes macbook - on tiger that camera sux, but in Leopard it does full screen without issue.

One question though..... If I start with F8 and run verbose-mode, Leopard runs fine! However...I always have to start in verbose mode or it will give me a kernel panic. Really wierd problem if you ask me. Any ideas?

I fixed it! I did it by editing the bootlist file.....however.....I can't seem to see what I've done. Looks like it was overwritten somehow. But now it works and Leopards boots like it should!

I edited the BootGraphics string to No. That did the trick.

Morning all!

Seems like it's pretty much a {censored} shoot on getting this release to work. So here's my dilemma.

I'm running an HP DV8380US. 2 hard drives, Core 2 Duo etc etc. I've installed Upchuck's release of Tiger on my 2nd hard drive before without fail. I've reloaded from fresh erase of 2nd drive using this release. All installs just fine. But!

When I use the bios to boot off the 2ndary hard drive, blinking cursor.

When I create a boot option in bcd through vista, chain booting error.

With regards to the chain I've tried several approaches to getting it fixed.

I must be missing something simple here. Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

-Falcnor

Morning all!

Seems like it's pretty much a {censored} shoot on getting this release to work. So here's my dilemma.

I'm running an HP DV8380US. 2 hard drives, Core 2 Duo etc etc. I've installed Upchuck's release of Tiger on my 2nd hard drive before without fail. I've reloaded from fresh erase of 2nd drive using this release. All installs just fine. But!

When I use the bios to boot off the 2ndary hard drive, blinking cursor.

When I create a boot option in bcd through vista, chain booting error.

With regards to the chain I've tried several approaches to getting it fixed.

I must be missing something simple here. Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

-Falcnor

Did you use the ToH Release? If so, boot back into the installer, and chose your language. On the following screen, go to the Utilities Menu, and chose Terminal. From there, do a /usr/misc/script.sh "VOLNAME", where VOLNAME is the name of the volume you installed Leo onto. If you do a 'df -h' from the termianl window, you can get the volume name from there.

-- Jason

Well I managed it to get to work very easy on the beloe mentioned Notebook - the Acer Aspire 1690...

I did it like thant:

I have my HDD devided into 2 parts a 30 GB. Then I cloned my working JaS 10.4.8 with Clonetool Hatchary H1 onto the 2nd Partition.

Then I used Partition Magic to set my 1st PArtition active again because Hatchery deactivate it for some reason...

Now I can choose by hitting F8 which Partition I want to boot.

Then I installed ToH Leopard RC2 on my 2nd Partition and it worked fine!

The only thing I had to do was to re-install my Network...

But for now there are two issues which do not work:

1.) System Profiler does not work

2.) QE/CI seems not to work, but I can select the resolution with my X700 mobility (ID5653)

Poorly Point 2 is a great Problem for me because the only thing I juse this Notebook is to watch movies while Nightshift... And without QE/CI I cannot use VLC Player and Quicktime tooks 5 minutes to start an XVID Movie which stucks often then...

But I love the CoverFlow Finder!!

Any suggestions about the X700 ?? (Callisto, Koverg etc. does not work on Leo by now)...

post-108003-1194022395_thumb.png

It is very normal that those things are not working. They aren't supported neither with the BrazilMac. If they work with Brazil out of the box you are just lucky that's all. This release is as good as all the others and is faster to install as well. This is bleeding edge guys, you will have to wait for 2/3 weeks before things get stable and the real releases with patches start appearing.ToH did a fine job!One question though..... If I start with F8 and run verbose-mode, Leopard runs fine! However...I always have to start in verbose mode or it will give me a kernel panic. Really wierd problem if you ask me. Any ideas?

Let me clarify, BrazilMac DOES support NatIt and Azalia audio codecs : They DO work..

I would expect those to work on ToH as well, but they don't, alpha version , Avoid ToH til they provide better hardware support.

Did you use the ToH Release? If so, boot back into the installer, and chose your language. On the following screen, go to the Utilities Menu, and chose Terminal. From there, do a /usr/misc/script.sh "VOLNAME", where VOLNAME is the name of the volume you installed Leo onto. If you do a 'df -h' from the termianl window, you can get the volume name from there.

-- Jason

Yes it was the ToH release. I did do all that and still no luck. Any other suggestions?

Or if anyone has some other release that may be better in my situation I'd appreciate it. Mind you, the patching from a USB flash drive versions will not work. For some reason any flash drive I have is not detected by the OSX installer.

i know people with asus boards are having trouble

i was thing of experimenting with this over the weeknd ... i have a 10.4.9 HD right now running smoothly but i have my vista drive that im planning on wiping out due to fusion that is now installed so really no need to boot into it if need be...

i have the p5w-dh deluxe and i wanted to know if anyone has gotten this to work yet?

ill give it a whirl tomorrow or sunday

Boy I must be missing something. Everyone s complaining about this distro yet for me it has been one of the easiest and smoothist installs to date (with the exception of JaS 10.4.6) ....Installed from scratch, ran the terminal command to fix the boot prob, and I was up and running on my HP laptop. System profiler crashes on me (???), and quartz seems to be not working, however I am running at the correct resolution (1280x768)...I used to get QECI working with the old GMA900 patch from the Jas 10.4.6 dvd, anyone think that would work in this case? what kernel is this thing running? Of course my intel wireless is not working, but everything else is A+...I say excellent job

Let me clarify, BrazilMac DOES support NatIt and Azalia audio codecs : They DO work..

I would expect those to work on ToH as well, but they don't, alpha version , Avoid ToH til they provide better hardware support.

The Azalia patch worked fine here on ToH. Personally I do not think that something like missin Natit is so bad at all. Brazilimac doesn't provide that much more. Just use your OSX 10.4 kext no biggy. BrazilMac did not work here while ToH and his script worked just fine. So they both serve a purpose.

However, I am annoyed by his stament on ToH that he has only 300 seeders while it was downloaded 900 times. Most people, after downloading a release like this will start installing it on their PC and toying with it to get it working. Ofcourse they won't keep seeding! It's just dumb to think they will. Brazilimac on the other hand is a very nice guy that helps people out.

Boy I must be missing something. Everyone s complaining about this distro yet for me it has been one of the easiest and smoothist installs to date (with the exception of JaS 10.4.6) ....Installed from scratch, ran the terminal command to fix the boot prob, and I was up and running on my HP laptop. System profiler crashes on me (???), and quartz seems to be not working, however I am running at the correct resolution (1280x768)...I used to get QECI working with the old GMA900 patch from the Jas 10.4.6 dvd, anyone think that would work in this case? what kernel is this thing running? Of course my intel wireless is not working, but everything else is A+...I say excellent job

I have to agree with you, daratbastid. Tiger (10.4.10) installed flawlessly for me, and the ToH install of Leo installed great as well. I only had the 2 glitches with Leo that were easliy fixed by adding the proper kext's for the NIC and Vid card. Other than that, everything has been smooth sailing.

-- Jason