OSX86 10.5 Leo [ToH]-RC2 SSE3/SSE2 Intel Only

theSlug

379 posts in this topic

Hello all, i've installed Leopard with ToH iso, but after installation it fails.

I have the _ on the top of the left. I tried to fixboot with the script method but it fails again (b0 error).

How can i solve it ?

My config :

HP Media Center 7733.fr with Intel Core 2 Duo and Asus motherboard, 160 GB Hitachi SATA HD (just buy it for this...) and tested with IDE or AHCI mode.

If i do the script again and again and reboot i got the "Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist not find" message...

I tried to patch the system with BrazilMac-9a581-Patch but with no other result.

I tried to use the bootsystem of the dvd with : Boot : rdisk0s1 or rdisk0s2 but no result again.

I tried to activate partition with fdisk method but fails again...

An other solution ?

Guys please excuse me for bothering but can someone explain if i can get somehow this Leo ToH Image to read my sata HD on my Amilo Li 1705 laptop... :D Is there a patch or something to get it installed?

Just a note I have to add: Disk Utility can't read it so i'm unable to proceed further

Guys please excuse me for bothering but can someone explain if i can get somehow this Leo ToH Image to read my sata HD on my Amilo Li 1705 laptop... ;) Is there a patch or something to get it installed?

Just a note I have to add: Disk Utility can't read it so i'm unable to proceed further

I can't answer this... but the XxX Tiger release is the only install that I know of that detects sata disks in laptops. If you can't find an answer for this install but want to try out Tiger, give XxX a try.

Ok i'm having a weird problem that no one else seems to have encountered. Everything went fine, it boots allright and i'll get the choose language, register etc dialogs... After the "do you want to transfer files from another mac" thingie, i'll get the cool os X welcome animation thing, but... instead of going to desktop i'll get all those language choosing dialogs again. And again and again. Always after the welcome animations. What to do ?

Hi, ive installed this version:

Sound: works (AC97 Audio)

Nvidia XFX 7800 GT 256: Only 1024x768, QE = supported and CI = software

Network:works

Mobo: Asus P5LD2 Deluxe

Processor:Intel Pentium D 830,

Mac system profiler: 'Processor 3 GHZ unknown' and 1 core

Does someone has an solution for the 7800 GT problem??

Update:

Ive installed the Natit NVidia drivers and my 7800 GT works perfect now! Full resolution and full support QE/CI.

My System boots with kernel panic.

But with F8 - an "-legacy -f" works 10.5 great! What is "-legacy -f" and how can i edit com.apple.boot.plist with this? (-legacy -f)

any luck with this? all i need its "-legacy". i can't figure out what is wrong. if anyone knows what i should change in my BIOS, then please tell me. i have an ASUS P5K Premium

I can't answer this... but the XxX Tiger release is the only install that I know of that detects sata disks in laptops. If you can't find an answer for this install but want to try out Tiger, give XxX a try.

Ok thank you, i've tried Tiger too before but no luck... Guess i'll have to wait for the next release :)

I just installed ToH on my 945GNT motherboard with a Pentium D 930 processor with 4 gigs of RAM...

Problems:

1. Unable to boot unless I have the CD in the drive,

2. The finder menu seems transparent or faded...

3. About this Mac shows only 1 core operating...

What do I need to to to fix these issues?

guys can someone help me out how to install natit driver for my 6600td? i manage to get my ethernet and audio to work the only problem for me now is that i can only have 1024x768 resolution no CE and ci is software only. will really appreciate someone that can point me to the right direction. =)

I'm an OSX newbie and installed the ToH with very little problems on a Dell E510. A couple of tweaks and the built-in network (Intel Pro 100) worked. I had to force a screen resolution of 1280x1024 in the boot file, but it looks good.

My only remaining issue is sound. I have a built-in Sigmatel 9220 (VenID: 8384, DevID: 7680) that I can't seem to find an answer to. I've tried the tiger solutions, but haven't had any luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

has anyone had problems with the installer freezing right on the welcome screen ... the first time it installed it was working fine ever since when i try to load into the dvd installer to run the boot scrip the installer locks up without fail

i cant seem to get past this ... :)

Installed ToH with problems, DVD boot hangs many times, then I tried with XxX 10.4.10 first and update with ToH, all went right but got the stupid kernel panic. Reboot hit F8 start as single user (-s) and it works. Install audio with taruga drivers alc882, video with Natit X1600. Reboot and got kernel panic again. Went to this forum and found Shoarthing did almost everything but didn´t work. Tried disabling Intel®SpeedStep Tecnology and start with no problem. Probably boot wouldn´t be a problem upgrading a previus working Tiger version. I spent all day long so I´ll go to sleep

Good luck to you all and thanks ToH Team.

Ok So i Dropped another nic in my machine and reinstalled osx and used that nic instead of the onboard nic. Doing that seems to fix the rebooting problem i was having. I think i now have full video card support after using the Natit installer for my 6600gt. The last problem I have is getting the sound card to work does anyone have any ideas?thanks-guhI thought it would make things easier when i tried to boot into vista thats located on another drive.-guh
Guh,I run parallels, and somehow when I intalled it, it generated the virtual pc through bootcamp (which obviously was on my uphuck install) and it gives me flawless access to my xp partition (which happens to be on a seperate -physical hard drive.)Still haven't tried the 'upgrade' mehod over 10.4.10, as I am a bit nervous about wiping out my perfectly functioning setup-coach

This is also aimed at falcnor and Lionskin...as I am interested in your successes.

ZaQen - Hi: . . the easiest way even for the experienced is probably to first make a clean install to a bare HDD partitioned [MBR] & then formatted as a single active primary FAT32 using a Tiger 10.4.8/10.4.9 DVD like Uphuck 1.4iR3 . . this has very clear driver-choices & a working Disk Utility to reformat ['erase' in OSX-speak] to HFS+ . . do not install anything more than the bare minimum. . . then once you're successfully in 10.4.9 restart & use the ToH RC2 DVD & install over Tiger: this worked fine for me.This sequence is perhaps the least stressfull way because the ToH DVD has [iMHO] a less reliable Disk Utility & a doesn't automatically write a bootflag to the MBR.
I am assuming I should use my unused partition to do this method versus trying to install over my current working copy?Will "installing over" 10.4.10 leave behind current files and apps, like upgrading from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10? or will I need to do a completely clean new install?

hey :P

i want to upgrade from nub 10.4.10 to toh 10.5 my sys is quad core 6600 badx2 4gb and asus 7600gt

doe sany one like (or near)my sys install it ? and did he got problems to install it and config all (what drivers?)

and i read(not here)that there are some problems with cores only one work is it true?(not the same cpu)

and can i install finalcut studio ?(maybe to change apple kext like all other x86)?

btw is it true that upgarde not clean install is simple and better?

thanks for any reply

I just installed ToH on my 945GNT motherboard with a Pentium D 930 processor with 4 gigs of RAM...Problems:1. Unable to boot unless I have the CD in the drive,2. The finder menu seems transparent or faded...3. About this Mac shows only 1 core operating...What do I need to to to fix these issues?
(my emphasis) Reboot to the ToH DVD, open Terminal, run /usr/misc/script.sh 'volume' where 'volume'=the name you gave to your Leo install partition. Do this as many times as neccessary [it may not work first go] . . if you check in Activity Monitor you will see both cores working; but you can find a newer kernel suitable for your CPU: I think the 930D is SSE3/64-bit so the latest netkas kernel [made last night from source :P ] should work - this should show your CPU as having 2 cores & will have support for 64-bit apps.
any luck with this? all i need its "-legacy". i can't figure out what is wrong. if anyone knows what i should change in my BIOS, then please tell me. i have an ASUS P5K Premium
. . '-legacy' forces 32bit, so your BIOS setup has some errors re: 64bit operation.For me, in BIOS/Advanced/CPU I unchecked everything except 'Max CPUID value limit' & 'Execute disable function' - virtualisation is always enabled in my BIOS version.I also enable ACPI v 2 & memory remapping [i am using 4GB of memory] - pretty sure you should always have ACPIv2 enabled. . . without these settings & when first installing ToH, I had t boot with '-legacy'
is this version the RC2 of leopard or the Gold master?
RC2 of the ToH project DVD. The version of Leopard on the DVD is 9A581 [aka: GM].

Hello all, i've installed Leopard with ToH iso, but after installation it fails.

I have the _ on the top of the left. I tried to fixboot with the script method but it fails again (b0 error).

How can i solve it ?

My config :

HP Media Center 7733.fr with Intel Core 2 Duo and Asus motherboard, 160 GB Hitachi SATA HD (just buy it for this...) and tested with IDE or AHCI mode.

If i do the script again and again and reboot i got the "Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist not find" message...

I tried to patch the system with BrazilMac-9a581-Patch but with no other result.

I tried to use the bootsystem of the dvd with : Boot : rdisk0s1 or rdisk0s2 but no result again.

I tried to activate partition with fdisk method but fails again...

An other solution ?

No Idea ?

No, only boots with "-legacy" Option, without -legacy = KERNEL PANIC :blush:

Hi, i try to install tiger. But can i start directly with Toh dvd image ? on empty hd ?

regards

Oups,

Sorry,

I see on first page is just to upgrade to leopard ;-)But, if i install tiger 1.4.8 with JAS DVD, can i upgrade with Toh DVD image to leopard ?All version of tiger can be upgrade ?

Anyone tried ToH in SSE2 with nVidia FX 5200. Well does it run on that config? :wacko:

Also those who made it run in SSE2, please tell me about system speed? :)

Does my config run Leopard fast, or atleast in moderate speed? Check my config below. :D

I have the TOH release, but i cant even get into the installer. I ran the disc at startup and lines of text (in large font) scrolls up the screen, and then a few moments later the font is smaller, with no apparent errors and it doesnt go any further. anyone know what might be wrong? ive got tiger working fine! and I have the "make hd bootable for leopard" thanks!

I am having exactly the same problem...any ideas?

Hi, ive installed this version:

Sound: works (AC97 Audio)

Nvidia XFX 7800 GT 256: Only 1024x768, QE = supported and CI = software

Network:works

Mobo: Asus P5LD2 Deluxe

Processor:Intel Pentium D 830,

Mac system profiler: 'Processor 3 GHZ unknown' and 1 core

Does someone has an solution for the 7800 GT problem??

Update:

Ive installed the Natit NVidia drivers and my 7800 GT works perfect now! Full resolution and full support QE/CI.

I have the same problem with 7800gt, NATIT v0.2 did not work. Which Natit version did you use? (intel 915GMH mobo with a 3GHz pentium 4, not the system in my signature)

Anyone tried ToH in SSE2 with nVidia FX 5200. Well does it run on that config? :wacko:

Also those who made it run in SSE2, please tell me about system speed? ;)

Does my config run Leopard fast, or atleast in moderate speed? Check my config below. :D

It will work, I got it working on mine with almost the same hardware.