1,494 posts in this topic

Hi,

my system:

Asus p5w dh deluxe - 3001

Intel quad core E6600,

6gb Ram

nvidia 7950 GT 512

nvidia 9800 GT 512

Can some on please help too patch DSDT to make two cards work at the same time?

it works with every card but one card at time.

I have tried all kind of GFX Strings but no luck - 2nd car all the time VRAM 4095 and stuck right before blue screen but not what I put in GFX String..... ;)

so need help :)

Hi guys!

My p5w works really good!

But NO SLEEP ;-((

Mac goes into sleep but only black screen after wake up.

Help please

Thanks guys

sleep works, when you disable usb legacy in bios

but still problems with automatic sleep remain,

there is an app "pleasesleep"

Hello again,

here is my fully working applehda.kext from 10.6.4 binary patched.

Before you install it, you have to delete the ALC882v25.kext in the extra folder and you must use the DSDT from 314Ter. The easiest way to install the hdakext is to use Kexthelper.

Enjoy it

Kindly regards Woody01

Please give me a feedback how it is working on your System.

HI,

still can not make back mic work.... :wacko:(( tried your AppleHDA 10.6.4 and 10.6.2 AppleHDA with ALC882 and only fromt mic working....

I do something wrong????

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

@314TeR thanks for all your hard work with the dh deluxe kit. Used it and can get a working system, expect for sleep and shutdown.

I just need a little help with the last few steps.

I have used everest on windows to dump the dsdt, now I have a .bin file. How can i use this to create what i need? The dump is from bios 2503 as I have a 6750 core due 2 cpu.

I have attached it here it you wouldnt mind helping me out.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1948177/acpi_dsdt.bin

actually scrap all of that!

Had another look at my DSDT file and i didnt change everything i needed too.

I now have a fully working snow leopard hackintosh! With sleep, restart and shutdown!

Can I say a big thank you to all the people who have contributed to this thread! Especially 314TeR, thanks for you tools!

actually scrap all of that!

Had another look at my DSDT file and i didnt change everything i needed too.

I now have a fully working snow leopard hackintosh! With sleep, restart and shutdown!

Can I say a big thank you to all the people who have contributed to this thread! Especially 314TeR, thanks for you tools!

I've been out of the loop for a while and just revisited this thread.

At a risk of someone saying "read the thread" (I really don't have the time) is there any chance you could summarise your config whilst it's fresh in your mind? BIOS version / kexts / DSDT mods / EFI+boot loader version etc?

I'd hugely appreciate it.

[edit] OK, I've read the last 50 posts or so and see that 314Ter post in his sig offers a definitive way of getting things going. As I don't really want to re-install all I probably need to know is what Kexts you need as a minimum?

Presently I have:

AHCIPortInjector

AppleHDA (modified, I now have the latest from Woody)

AppleRTC

ATAPortInjector

fakesmc

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

IOAudioFamily

IOPCIFamily

NullCPUPowerManagement <- Shouldn't need if DSDT correct?

OpenHaltRestart

OSvKernDSPLib

PlatformUUID

SleepEnabler <- Shouldn't need if DSDT correct?

VoodooHDA <- Shouldn't need with Woodys AppleHDA?

Can anyone confirm which of the above they have in their optimal setup? I've been messing with this on/off for so many months I cannot remember what is what now.

I've got my BIOS upgraded to 3001, I've set the BIOS up as per screenshots.

I now have the following Kexts in /E/E :

• AcppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
  • AsusP5WDHDeluxe.kext (what is this?)
  • fakesmc.kext
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext

AppleHDA.kext also replaced as per Woodys instruction.

I also have a Q6600 CPU so used the supplied DSDT, however I still cannot sleep. Everything goes black, the drives power down but the CPU fan keeps on running. <sigh>

I also have no sound. :)

Work up this morning with renewed energy.

As my rig has been running for some time I thought maybe I'd better check that all the /System/Library/Extenesions are still virgin like I thought they were.

Guess what? They weren't.

I copied AppleHPET from my Macbook Pro and now Sleep works! Woot!

No if only I could get the audio working....

I would like to have two sound outputs:

One - hdmi/5.1 from my gt220 (built in sound chip on video card)

Two - alc882 - analog

So far I have been able to get my gt220 working with nvenabler64 (better) and graphics enabler (ok).

I would like to get alc882 sound and hdmi video/audio working via a dsdt edit. I have tried several methods and variations from insanelymac and tonymac (both for gigabyte mbs). Has anyone been able to get there graphic card working via dsdt edit on a P5W ?? If so, could you post your dsdt here ??

Thanks

Yeapp! At least looks like. The only issue -- VoodooHDA.kext (if you're using it, of course) which conflicts with the native AppleHDA.kext. If you're using VoodooHDA, I would suggest to move Voodoo aside, regenerate kext caches, perform an upgrade, reboot, disable AppleHDA.kext and re-install VoodooHDA.kext. Otherwise the risk of meeting with GSOD (Gray Screen of Death) is quite high.

Cheers,

Kirill

I rarely use auto update. I instead prefer downloading the full update and then updating from another osx installation.

Boot in verbose mode and see where it hangs.

See the above post about voodoo.hda. If you are not using voodoohda and are using ALC882v25.kext (better) you must use apple.hda from 10.6.2 (applehda 1.7.9) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=68955

Make sure you are not using old sleepenabler.kext. You should not need sleepenabler if your dsdt.aml is correct.

For those who need sleepenabler for 10.6.4: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=72783

I did the 10.6.3 combo update from the apple website and I was able to reboot with no problems. I used Software Update for 10.6.4 and get a Kernel Panic. I attached a pic of the error. I replaced the VoodooHDA kext and the Sleepenabler kext from the ones in the posts above but that didn't work. I don't know how to configure the dsdt so I haven't been able to try that. Can someone please help?

Thanks

Asus P5WDH Deluxe

Intel e6300

4gb RAM

500GB WD HDD

SATA DVD-RW

Sparkle GeForce9500GT

post-195355-1289423293_thumb.jpg

I did the 10.6.3 combo update from the apple website and I was able to reboot with no problems. I used Software Update for 10.6.4 and get a Kernel Panic. I attached a pic of the error. I replaced the VoodooHDA kext and the Sleepenabler kext from the ones in the posts above but that didn't work. I don't know how to configure the dsdt so I haven't been able to try that. Can someone please help?

Thanks

Asus P5WDH Deluxe

Intel e6300

4gb RAM

500GB WD HDD

SATA DVD-RW

Sparkle GeForce9500GT

delete sleepenabler kext

delete sleepenabler kext

That worked. Thanks!

I have a new problem though. After I fixed the sleepenabler problem, I installed a new Q8300 Quad core cpu. I have the latest BIOS and the bios sees the new cpu but I got another panic when I booted. I put a new HDD in and started a fresh install. I attached a pic of the new message I get. I got this panic after I loaded the SL install disc. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks again

post-195355-1289488556_thumb.jpg

I don't have a DSDT file. I used Empire EFI and MyHack with a Retail DVD. I'm not using sleep so I don't know for sure and I have BIOS version 3001.

I want to try My Hack too can you post screenshot or just your settings for PW5 DH of MyHack???

Thx

I want to try My Hack too can you post screenshot or just your settings for PW5 DH of MyHack???

Thx

I followed the guide from this post. Credit to tryharder for an easy to follow guide.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...amp;mode=linear

I used all of the default settings in MyHack. Once you can boot 10.6, make a back up of your Extra folder and run software update. After you reboot, replace the extra folder (make sure sleepenabler.kext is deleted from extra/extensions folder) , run pfix, repair permissions and reboot. Everything should be ok. If you get a panic, boot in safe mode using your boot cd, run pfix and repair permissions again.

Updated to 10.6.5, boots fine, but has problems shutting down and restarting now...

Hi, Newbie here!

I too have the same problems after updating to 10.6.5. Most things work except Audio, Shutdown and Restart (and Sleep, not tackled that prob yet).

Any help, muchly appreciated

Ron