Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

From what i understood you put the kext into the extra folder and then it installs on a hidden EFI partition am i missing a bit of info here?

this link is dead and i do not understand what you mean by "it's like the first reault." did you do a google search or something?

Also i appreciate all the help i am getting and i appreciate the quick responses

VIDEO OF ME CLICKING LINK<---Link works from here. Good luck.

After reading everything i found here and everywhere else on the internet i found through rigorous experimentation that iDeneb 1.3 indeed works out of the box as described in (http://p5w-dh-deluxe-osx86.wikidot.com/original-vanilla-kernel-pc-efi) with the exception of a couple of parameters.

1. Bios settings from lifehacker website are wrong, in particular concerning usb plug and play OS settings - ON, in my case is the working option. My recommendation is to try the general settings described here (http://p5w-dh-deluxe-osx86.wikidot.com/bios-settings).

2. Vanilla Kernel included in iDeneb 1.3 didn't work.

3. Wireless driver can be downloaded from the Realtek website by searching for 8178L drivers.

Everything else works including VirtualBox seamless mode using Asus nVidia 8400GS card i bought for about $50 a couple of years ago.

Good Luck. Don't know if the fact that i didn't update my bios before installing is why Vanilla Kernel didn't install so i used the highest version of Patched Kernel from iDeneb. I am currently using V.2301 - i think original from when i bought the motherboard. By the way those of you interested in VirtualBox, found that seamless mode only works in version 3.1.2 in OSx with Windows Xp/7 Guest.

Asus p5w DH

Pentium 4 630 - Garbage CPU

4 GB Corsair Dominator 800 MHz Ram

Asus nVidia 8400GS 512MB 400Mhz - PCIe Video

• 2 weeks later...

I installed Snow Leopard using 314TeR's Boot132cd on my Asus P5W DH. I'm using the Intel E6300 CPU and a GeForce 8600GT video card. When I start up, I am unable to use my mouse or keyboard for a few minutes. After that, everything works fine. Has anyone else had that problem and if so, how can it be fixed? Also, I noticed the startup time is slower that it was in 10.5.x and the bootloader is always booting in verbose and force mode. Is that necessary and is there a way to change it? In the system profiler, my CPU is showing as the wrong speed. I saw the threads about changing the DSDT but am still unsure of exactly how to do it. Does anyone have a quick guide on that? Thanks for your help

Hi

New version 3.0 of my BootCD and install pack, is available for some time under the link in my signature.

Thanks for the info. I did a new install using the new boot cd and install pack but I still have the same problems. I used a DSDT GUI updater which solved the cpu issue in the system updater but the startup is still slow and I still have to wait between 5 and 10 minutes from when the desktop comes up to be able to use the mouse.

The shutdown is fast but my cpu fan stays on. What can I do to fix that?

Hello,

I want to upgrade to Snow Leopard because I recently upgraded to Quicktime 7.6 to run Final Cut Studio 3 in Leopard 10.5.8, but it is crashing my finder/computer randomly. It does not crash under a lower version of QT, but I need the new version to run Final Cut.

Has anyone run into problems running Quicktime 7.6? Has anyone had trouble running 8 gigs of memory?

My rig: Asus P5W DH MOBO, Q6600 (not a "go" stepping processor), 8 gigs of ram, XFX 8800 GT 512 ram.

Any help would be great!

many thanks, Miro

Make a DSDT dump on Linux or windows, and adjust the DSDT as described here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1351073

But I do not think that this was the cause of slow start. Rather search for the problem elsewhere.

Hello,

I installed Snow Leopard on my P5W DH, Q6600, 8 gigs RAM and XFX 8800 GT. Haven't tried sound yet but everything else seems to work right.

However, Snow Leopard boots into 32 bit mode, not 64 bit. I used 314TeR method to install Snow Leopard and using BIOS vers. 3001.

Can anyone help to show me how to have it automatically go into 64 bit mode.

Many thanks to 314TeR for all your hard work and the rest of you who are contributing!

BTW: Is anyone running Final Cut Studio 3 on Snow Leopard?

Thanks again,

Miro

To boot into 64-bit mode automatically you have to edit your com.apple.Boot.plist.

Add the following lines:

<key>arch</key>
<string>x86_64</string>

I'm running Final Cut Studio 3 on Snow Leopard and it works fine.

Thx bmxer55!

Miro

To boot into 64-bit mode automatically you have to edit your com.apple.Boot.plist.

Add the following lines:

<key>arch</key>
<string>x86_64</string>

Bmxer, just out of curiosity, are you running BIOS 3001. Do I need speedstepping to make my computer run better? I'm running it at a default at 2.4 GHZ (its a Q6600, not a GO stepping)

Many thanks,

Miro

Add the following lines:

<key>arch</key>
<string>x86_64</string>

Yes i'm running 3001, but i don't use speedstep because i overclocked my Q6600 to 3Ghz. I'm not sure what you mean by make your computer run better. Do you mean faster? If so, you might need more ram. Mac OS X absolutely LOVES ram! The more you have, the better performance you get.

I tried this method and have a SL system where I still face these problems:

- Sleep not working; can't wake the computer anymore.

- Shutdown not working completely; fans still run.

- Wifi driver doesn't work.

My specs: P5W with E6750, 2Gb RAM and 8600GTS.

Can anyone help me?

Hi

New version 3.0 of my BootCD and install pack, is available for some time under the link in my signature.

Hey! How is it going? thanks so much for still working on our mobo !! your last Bootcd worked perfect !

I´ll try this week and feedback asap.

Thanks again!

JTx.

I was in another city for a year and had no access to my hackintosh - glad to see the P5W is still "alive" :wacko:

Is the 314TeR CD currently the best way for our board?

It was the best to me, and my config is quite similar to yours, give a try and feedback...

Yes I´ve read your posts in this thread, you were here from the begining :smoke: wellcome back..

JTx.

Hello,

Has anyone got the realtek wireless working in Snow Leopard in 64 bit mode. Have tried but have not been successful. I can run SL in 32 bit mode, but the computer crashes after a few minutes. Many thanks,

Miro

The SL installation is working with 314TeR's Boot CD. Everything went fine, but it's extremely slow, not just the boot - it's the whole system it takes minutes to start finder or click anything.

I'm running Core2Duo E6600, ATI Radeon X1950 XTX 596MB VRAM, 2GB RAM single channel.

Has anyone else experienced a slow system?

Previously I installed 10.5 and it was slow as well, so can it be hardware orientated?

Is it my graphics card or the fact my RAMs are only single channel?

I have a problem with firewire. I tried to connect my elgato 310 sat and not recognize it, as if not get enough power. How can I fix it?

Using firmware dsdt.aml 3001 + (one for the Q6600).

Thanks in advance.