Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

when the system get a kernel panic - system can't boot up again and again.

first time I think firewire is the problem. disable it but no result!

When I add arch=i386 the system comes up ! (know i checked up and added i386 to my boot.plist) <-we will see!

Wanna use this Board - works like a charme .

So

so, I test a lot!

it makes no different to boot in 32bit.

system makes kernel panics in 32 and 64bit.

Also sometimes k.panics after getting it back from sleep!

is there nobody who can help me a bit?

Extra/Kexts:

ALC882v34b

AsusP5WDHDeluxe

FakeSMC

HDAEnabler

JMicronATA

fresh install, same problem!

use 4.0DP1 install it, make AppleHDA rollback and use command in terminal

( sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x82\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions)

BIOS like in http://forum.osx86.org.pl/topics4/mac-os-x-na-asus-p5w-dh-deluxe-czyli-idealny-hackintosh-vt1132.htm

and get KP sometimes when the system boots up!

Use different DSDT from BootCD PAck 3.0 final - same problem!

with another DSDT I get another KP, see attachment:

post-358890-0-73453400-1326219183_thumb.jpg

hi 314TeR THX for your answer.

Before your Post I changed and tested a lot!

In my case older version (like 2.0 or 3.0installer) also don't run in my case!

But I try and try and at least I used 4.0DP1 installer but make AppleHDA rollback from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] (10.6.2 I think) , since I do so system runs without KP.

I also get no errors from AppleHDA in "HDD-Tool".

With AppleHDA 10.6.7 (incl. Terminal scripts) I get errors, KP and get "Soundclicks" and "Blopps" after Boot!

Does it make sense?

@314TeR

""Great Support and Work""

• 5 weeks later...

I installed 10.6.3 with UnibootX v4 then installed the 10.6.8 Combo Updater before installing Uniboot.

Everything worked fine and it was painless - thanks!

But then I began to run into problems. Spotlight indexing constantly (mdworker crashing), the software installer crashing, programs not opening. Often when I rebooted the disk repair had to run and eventually I had to use Disk Warrior to repair the drive.

I suspected the drive might be faulty so I got a brand new drive and did a fresh install. But now I'm having similar problems. Disk utility says the disk needs repairing but cannot be repaired. I can't repair disk permissions, getting crashes and now the bootstrapper has crashed and I can't get into the system at all.

I guess I can fix with disk warrior and reboot but something is seriously wrong somewhere and I don't know where to start?

Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks

EDIT ***Weirdly - or maybe not - this appears to be a problem with Ram. I had 8GB of Ram in my machine - I took 4 out for the install. Now if I put the extra 4 back I get occasional kernel panics and other weirdness. I have to turn the machine off which I think was causing the disk problems.

So I'm not sure if the problems are caused by dodgy Ram or some driver/addressing issues. Guess I'll try with 6GB and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

@gavspav

I had an issue a while back that stopped my system posting. After some time consuming tests with Memtest86+ it turns out my RAM slot 4 is faulty and not a RAM module. You should try testing your RAM in different configurations and see if you have a faulty module or slot. A faulty module or slot could well be the cause of your problems.

Download Memtest86+ Bootable ISO

Hi everybody!

I wanted to share this one, I've been going bananas over it, and maybe save some of you of a serious headache. :D

I have been running OSX for 4 years now on my P5W DH Deluxe and I've been (mostly) very happy with it.

I still run 10.5.8 (Kalyway 10.5.2 + iDeneb upgrade) very easy and stable, I've upgraded to Snow and have come back from it because I experienced a decrease in speed.

I'm thinking about upgrading to Lion because software vendors are pushing me to it, due to increasing compatibilty issues (actually this is mostly Apple's fault), anyhow I would be interested in your experiences especially towards speed with Lion compared to Leopard.

Back to what I wanted to share, my system was running fine until last week I started to experience kernel panics when shutting down, not when restarting oddly. I always keep some disk images at hand for when stuff goes wrong so I restored my system and and was like it used to be. Until a few later I started to experience issues with sleep a bit later shut down as well. Anyhow after a lot hassle with new restores, rechecking all the bios settings, etc.. without any luck. I discovered that my usb dongle for the keyboard and mouse was the troublemaker. It sits the lower second USB port of the motherboard and is detected as a wake up port.

So after changing this, shutdown works fine again, I'm still experiencing troubles with sleep however, so I'm not completely out of the water yet, any input on this one would be greatly appreciated. ** UPDATE: I had been experimenting with sleepenabler.kext, deleting this brought back sleep :D fully operational once again.

So I hope I save some of you from future headaches.

Cheers

Chip

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone got the Kext.P5W10.6.7.By.PIEROF81 package

These were shared on megaupload, can't find anywhere.

Another issue I'm having after installing comboupdate 10.6.8 my screen is cut in two halves, I fixed it with installing the proper ati drivers but whenever i boot in verbose mode it is still split in two, as with the circular loader which appears off center.

Anyone any input on this?

Cheers!

I have a retail Snow Leopard install with dsdt and a boot string for an nVidia 9800 GT with 1 gig of RAM. It ran great for months, I was able to upgrade from 10.6.3 all the way up to 10.6.7 with no problems, other than usual sleep enabler stuff. I (stupidly) attempted to upgrade to 10.6.8 and broke everything.

I attempted to upgrade from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 using the combo updater. After reboot I was stuck at [PCI Configuration Begin] so I swapped IOPCIFamily.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext, and IO80211.kext for the old 10.6.7 ones, changed permissions on the newly installed kexts, then rebooted with -f -x. Now it tries to boot, but hangs when the airport card connects. The line it hangs on is something like "airport: Link up on en1, handshake RSN....." Once it hangs it will accept input from the keyboard and print it to the screen, but it doesn't do anything. I don't think airport is the exact problem. There are two lines with errors before that:

USBF: 0.360 AppleUSBEHCI[0x7dbb000]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource

USBF: 0.360 AppleUSBEHCI[0x7dbb000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

Is this a USB, PCI, or display driver issue? I attempted to boot with USB turned off on the mobo (results in kp), with the boot string for graphcis removed from the plist in /Extra (freezes at same place). Do I need to re-create my dsdt file? Is there a hacked version of IOPCIFamily.kext that I need?

My computer has an old Leopard (10.5) install I can use to access the filesystem on my Snow partition, but I can't boot into Snow anymore. Any advice or asssitance would be appreciated.

My setup is:

P5WDH Deluxe

Core2Duo E8600

PCI Broadcom WiFi card for native airport

nVidia 9800 GT 1 gig

Chameleon 2.0 RC4 (forget exact rev version)

I can provide boot plist or the contents of /Extra folder if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any help!

After reboot I was stuck at [PCI Configuration Begin]

Most likely still has to do with "PCI Configuration Begin" Search for "Configuration Begin" or "ncpi=0x2000" . You'll need to edit the boot.plist.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>npci=0x2000</string>

Thanks for the reply Marliwahoo. I already tried ncpi=0x2000 both at the boot prompt and in the boot plist and it didn't help.

I found the problem though, I'm now able to boot. I only changed permissions and ownership on the newly installed kexts from myLeo partition. I had to boot Snow into single user mode and chmod and chown the new kexts from there. The ownership was "_unknown:_unknown" instead of "root:wheel". I should have known that . . . I'd been troubleshooting so long my brain was fried.

I'd like to thank Marliwahoo and everyone that has posted in this thread, it's an invaluable resource for us P5WDH users. Hard to believe this thread is going on 5 years old. Thanks!

I made a new LegacyHDA compatible with 10.6.8 and up. Download from here:

http://forum.osx86.o...4ter-vt4435.htm

They should also work in Lion and ML. To install Use a "HDA Wizard".

I am also working now on a new UniBootX and UniFix for P5W DH Deluxe, fully compatible with the Lion. Details coming soon.

Many thanks for your work man, from the beginning !!

keep us updated :)

'lo ppl.

I've installed sl using 314teR latest boot cd (dp4), and of course his extra kext (hda,ps2,p5w dh kext).

Has some1 noticed a problem with usb and 10.6.8? The ipad won't charge the battery if plugged to any usb.no problem with data transfer,just the charging issue.

i've never had this problem with 10.5.8

Any solution?

• 1 month later...

Hi, my old hack died and I'm building one again and with the same mobo (thanks to 314TeR).

Everything is working properly except ethernet connection. I have ethernet but not with gigabite speed. Can someone send me their kexts? Or is better to buy a PCI Card?

Best regards

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, can anyone help me with the p5w-dh on Lion? Everything works perfectly except the sound. I've tried the VoodooHDA stuff in ###### but they either do nothing or they kernel panic.

Does anyone have some sound kexts they know work on 10.7.2?

Is there anything else I need to be doing to get the kexts I'm, trying to work? At the moment I'm just using ###### or Kexthelper to install them.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

i am able to run the P5W in 64 Bit mode in 10.6.8. but the Realtek Wifi Client utility wont work anymore. The icons just jumps once and then nothing happens. In 32 Bit everything works nicely. I have heard that there should be a patched rtl8187b kext around from PIEROF81 that can solve this problem. Do you guys know where the kext is available or maybe another solution?

Client Utility have the version 1.5.7

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, everybody. I have an older machine with a P5W DH Deluxe and an Intel C2D 6600, GTX 285 - and have just found out it may be a great candidate for hackintoshing! (I've spent many hours tweaking several other osx86 builds, so I'm not new to it) but am having a bit of a problem. I've created an installer USB, but when I boot, the system reboots immediately. (I see the apple logo screen refresh for a split second before the reboot.) If I boot with -v, it just gets to the end of the kext loads, and then reboots.

Anybody experienced this? I've updated to the latest BIOS, IDE operation is set to AHCI, etc, etc... just need to be able to get into the installer! :)

Thanks in advance.