Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

I'm running 10.6.4 on the P5W now.

Just got two problem.

- not all of my USB ports are working. I think I can only have 4 active decives at once. The USB kext I used is this one:

http://www.kexts.com/view/25-intel_usb2_ehci_controller.html

Any solution?

And for the WiFi I use the Realtek_RTL8187_MacOS10.4_Driver_1309_UI1.5.1. The WiFi works, but I suffer dropouts at least every 15 minutes. Is it any way to get a rock stable WiFi connection?

Help is wanted...badly. Thanks in advance.

about the dsdt, it was as simple as copying the correct dsdt to the extra folder :)

about your wifi question, could it be the antenna? i use the same driver and bought this cheap but humungous antenna and i dont suffer any dropouts whatsoever. i just noticed that when i hooked up my dskr to the usb posrt and turned it on, the wifi failed completely and there was no way to turn it back on except to reboot. you might have a device hooked up to your usb that could be interfering with it :D

This is what you want: http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&x...453%26st%3D1180

In Polish - use google to translate.

I'm running 10.6.4 on the P5W now.

Just got two problem.

- not all of my USB ports are working. I think I can only have 4 active decives at once. The USB kext I used is this one:

http://www.kexts.com/view/25-intel_usb2_ehci_controller.html

Any solution?

And for the WiFi I use the Realtek_RTL8187_MacOS10.4_Driver_1309_UI1.5.1. The WiFi works, but I suffer dropouts at least every 15 minutes. Is it any way to get a rock stable WiFi connection?

Help is wanted...badly. Thanks in advance.

For USB, delete or better yet, move the file /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHPET.kext to an alternate name (i.e. mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHPET.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHPET.kext_save). This worked for me and I am running 10.6.4.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I want to install leopard (as I don't have a bootable snow leopard disk) on my P5W-DH Deluxe, I'm using the boot-132 P5W disks, but they freeze/show the grey screen of death before I get anything from the GUI on screen, when booting with -v there is no obvious cause of the freeze, everything seems to have loaded OK. I'm using BIOS version 3001, and I'm thinking that could be a problem with leo. Any ideas?

Hi, I want to install leopard (as I don't have a bootable snow leopard disk) on my P5W-DH Deluxe, I'm using the boot-132 P5W disks, but they freeze/show the grey screen of death before I get anything from the GUI on screen, when booting with -v there is no obvious cause of the freeze, everything seems to have loaded OK. I'm using BIOS version 3001, and I'm thinking that could be a problem with leo. Any ideas?

It's alright... I decided to buy a copy of snow leo and that worked fine :) must have just been leo being silly...

I am building a new PC, can you tell me is this MB compatible?

Asus

P6T, LGA1366, Intel, X58, 6DDR3(Triple Channel), Memory DDR3

2000(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800, Graphic 3 x PCIe 2.0 x16

(x16/x16/x4), SATA 3Gb/s*6(RAID 0, 1, 10), SATA 3Gb/s *2 (Drive Xpert Technology) +

1 x eSATA, 2 x 1394a, 8-CH(HD), Gb Realtek PCIe, Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition

I am building a new PC, can you tell me is this MB compatible?

Asus

P6T, LGA1366, Intel, X58, 6DDR3(Triple Channel), Memory DDR3

2000(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800, Graphic 3 x PCIe 2.0 x16

(x16/x16/x4), SATA 3Gb/s*6(RAID 0, 1, 10), SATA 3Gb/s *2 (Drive Xpert Technology) +

1 x eSATA, 2 x 1394a, 8-CH(HD), Gb Realtek PCIe, Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition

I'm curious why you would post this in this thread ?

• 2 weeks later...

I updated to 10.6.4 fine but since using SL I never got these things working:

- Sleep (can't wake up anymore; I'm suspecting something with the 8600GTS as without any graphics card driver it seems to work (mouse pointer disappears and keyboard lights turn off) except for the screen staying on)

- Turn Off (fans keep spinning on black screen; OpenHaltRestart.kext doesn't seem to anything

I used 314TeR's guide and boot123 method. The included DSDT file should fit my hardware exactly but it doesn't solve my remaining issues.

Any help is appreciated!

I have successfully installed 10.6.4 using 314TeR's bootcd, and then used bmxer55's AppleHDA_10.6.2.kext.zip using the kext helper. Everything is working. I have not messed around with the DSDT part yet. Shutdown/Restart/Sleep all working fine. Does anybody think I will see any performance improvement by patching my DSDT? The processor I have is Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor and I have 6GB of RAM.

Thanks!!

I have successfully installed 10.6.4 using 314TeR's bootcd, and then used bmxer55's AppleHDA_10.6.2.kext.zip using the kext helper. Everything is working. I have not messed around with the DSDT part yet. Shutdown/Restart/Sleep all working fine. Does anybody think I will see any performance improvement by patching my DSDT? The processor I have is Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor and I have 6GB of RAM.

Thanks!!

Do you also have all the settings from 314TeR's BIOS screenshots? If you use the installer from the bootcd that will also install a DSDT file.

Do you also have all the settings from 314TeR's BIOS screenshots? If you use the installer from the bootcd that will also install a DSDT file.

Yes I followed the same exact steps from 314TeR's bios settings screen shots. So do you think I have the correct DSDT installed automatically?

If someone here might advise me on repairing warnings in compiled DSDT. My dsdt was compiled with Auto DSDT GUI patcher. I got 10 warnings. I am learning that inability of sleep functioning may have root in DSDT warnings. I used DSDTSE to extract and compile dsdt to attempt repairing warnings. DSDTSE said I have 11 warnings. I attempted through watching youtube videos, and reading about DSDT to repair warnings myself. DSDTSE provides some warning fixes, but doesn't have suggestions for some on my warnings. I tried fixing the known fixes, but recompiling showed more warnings. So, I would appreciate ANY info or help.

Specs: P5WDH Bios 3001

Q9450

4-gigs ram - O.C. = 834

My compiled DSDTSE DSDT: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5396905/dsdt.aml

I don't really know how to proceed, so all info, help welcome! Thanks, johnm

Yes I followed the same exact steps from 314TeR's bios settings screen shots. So do you think I have the correct DSDT installed automatically?

The default DSDT installed is meant for E6600/E6750 cpus. These are dual cores; you have a quad core cpu. Funny thing is that I have a E6750 and it doesn't work for me but does work for you!

If it works for you then I'd say don't fix it! I just have to figure out what's wrong with my system...

The default DSDT installed is meant for E6600/E6750 cpus. These are dual cores; you have a quad core cpu. Funny thing is that I have a E6750 and it doesn't work for me but does work for you!

If it works for you then I'd say don't fix it! I just have to figure out what's wrong with my system...

Thank you, I think I will just leave it as is for now but will start reading up on the dsdt stuff, I may need it soon.

Hi everyone!

Since a few months I already use a newer motherboard, my attention focused on the new haMac, but I try to regularly check back to this thread, support and respond to the PM in the time available.

I noticed that the biggest problem is the correct preparation of DSDT for your CPU. In fact, it is very simple and all the DSDT attached to the installer are identical except for a few lines. I prepared a few examples of how it should look like DSDT depending on what we have the CPU, for two or for four cores. You can use these examples in order to prepare yourself your own DSDT.

P5W DH Deluxe supports two types of processors:

65nm witch can have running SpeedSteep example E6400/E6750/Q6600 etc.

and 45nm in which SpeedSteep does not work and will not work E8400, Q9550 etc.

Proper preparation of DSDT fixes the following issues:

Sleep, shutdown, disappearing USB/FireWire, enabling vanilla SpeedSteep, eliminating the need to delete AppleHPET, AppleIntelCPUPM, KernelPanics, replacing AppleUSB kexts... etc..

To properly prepare the DSDT, we need to know the values which are dependent on your CPU. First, we need to check what CPU model You have, and which versions of the BIOS supports it. Then we have two ways:

1st, If your CPU is supported by the BIOS 24xx or 25xx - we have a chance to run in full SpeedStepp and we need the original DSDT dump of this particular version of the BIOS.

2nd Your CPU is supported by the BIOS versions of the 26xx and above - SpeedSteep will not work and you need a dump from version 3001.

Next, flash the correct version of BIOS for your CPU. How to flash your BIOS? Look in the manual, google it for instruction, even a downgrade is possible and requires only a version for DOS Asus Flash Utility.

WARNING - DO NOT under any circumstances allowed to flash the BIOS, in version is not supported by your CPU, because of the risk lock the motherboard. Rescued is possible but requires the installation of CPUs supported by the flashed BIOS.

Next, dump DSDT. It is best done from Windows Linux, etc, where we make sure that the version that actually ripped from the chip and not from loaded DSDT.aml file. If You don't know how to do it right under OS X don't do it under it.

As we have already dumped DSDT.aml, then it decompiles it, eg using iASLMe. Then we locate us some interesting lines of code, as I described it in post 1060 in this thread here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1351073

Known values, we are moving to the example DSDT, and then compile your own DSDT using eg iASLEMe and next put it into /Extra.

If we did everything well, DSDT compile without errors, then we can now enjoy their own proper DSDT for your CPU. At the end, you should flash the BIOS 3001, applies to all, regardless of how we have the CPU.

Hello 314TeR am one of the many users thanks to you we have a mac running. Now that you've come to the thread, may I thank you for your work, also be alert in case you're still introducing some more improvement.

Greetings.

Hola 314TeR soy uno de los muchos usuarios que gracias a ti tenemos un mac funcionando. Ya que has venido al hilo, aprovecho para darte las gracias por tu trabajo; ademas estaremos atentos por si acaso sigues introduciendo alguna mejora mas.

Saludos.

While I am grateful for all info, I find it impossible to understand. I tried modifying my dsdt with DSDTSE, there are no fixes in dropdown menu for my errors. I tried modifying my dsdt by comparing Q6600 dsdt and my dsdt ,editing Name (NCPU, 0x04) //0x02 for core 2 duo, 0x04 for core 2 quad. as per 314TeR's suggestions, it didn't help

If any other hobbyist might like a crack at my DSDT to help me, I'll paypal you, thanks johnm

Thanks 314TeR for the nice instructions on compiling your own DSDT. I was able to create my own and It was fairly simple as you said. I used DSDTE to edit. Sleep/shutdown/restart are working with no problems. I think i see a slight improvement in speed. however my audio stopped working. I tried reinstalling AppleHDA kext but its not helping. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

@jmacie - Try this DSDT, but are you sure you did dump from the BIOS 3001?

3001___v3.0___Q9450_no_SpeedSteep.zip

@macleo21 - Apple from version 10.6.3, blocked AppleHDA cooperation with other chips than the Realtek (ALC885). To restore the sound, simply replace the AppleHDA in /S/L/E with version from 10.6.2. You can also use the newer AppleHDA, but you have to put the modified version for the ALC882.

Thank you so much. Yes, it works! Yes I did a windows dump with dsdtse and bios 3001.I am not able to get sleep function yet. I must need a different kext in extra/extension folder. Now I have sleepenabler.kext, nullcpupowermanagement.kext,fakesmc.kext evoreboot.kext and elliotforcelegacyrtc.kext. I use the same power settings in bios as you've previously posted. I will keep on trying to figure the sleep function out as this is what all your work was and is about! I'll also take the time to compare my old dsdt with the one you made me to learn what I couldn't figure out on my own. Maybe I can and will help someone at some point. I appreciate your time and efforts! Your a credit, and I'm Polish too, Thank you again, johnm

@macleo21 - Apple from version 10.6.3, blocked AppleHDA cooperation with other chips than the Realtek (ALC885). To restore the sound, simply replace the AppleHDA in /S/L/E with version from 10.6.2. You can also use the newer AppleHDA, but you have to put the modified version for the ALC882.

@314TeR - I did replace the 10.6.2 AppleHDA but it did not work. I will try it again and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm trying to build my own DSDT in the mean time but wanted to share something I noticed with you.

I always ran my system with 2Gb as I have a 32bit XP install too. But as I plan to go 64bit Win7 maybe I wanted to install the full 4Gb I had bought. I noticed kernel panics and XP didn't want to start (not in memory remap not non-remapped); ended in BSOD.

Then I googled around a bit and read somewhere that some memory chips need to be overclocked or need higher voltage. Since I have manually set my ram to DDR-834MHz I don't have kernel panics or BSODs anymore.

Could this maybe influence the correct working of the DSDT file? I don't know.

I'd like a perspective on this too. I need to O.C. my ram to 834, because my cpu, Q9450 has a fsb 1333. I use overclock ram voltage to stabilize, and in OSX it shows 800mhz ram not the overclocked amount. So dsdt might not recognize the clock speed from customized bios settings. My problem is sleep. I thought a completely repaired dsdt might solve this as I used gui dsdt pacher that yielded 10 warnings. 314TeR very kindly repaired my dsdt, I couldn't do it. All warnings are repaired, but no sleep. I tried to use auto settings for ram but bios recognized my ram as 5200 instead of 6400, and motherboard was hard to start. I did manage to start and load OSX, but still no sleep. I guess the p5wdh gurus are gonna have to solve this. I can only ask other p5wdh owners what kexts they use in their extra folder and keep trying to get sleep functioning.

I'd like a perspective on this too. I need to O.C. my ram to 834, because my cpu, Q9450 has a fsb 1333. I use overclock ram voltage to stabilize, and in OSX it shows 800mhz ram not the overclocked amount. So dsdt might not recognize the clock speed from customized bios settings. My problem is sleep. I thought a completely repaired dsdt might solve this as I used gui dsdt pacher that yielded 10 warnings. 314TeR very kindly repaired my dsdt, I couldn't do it. All warnings are repaired, but no sleep. I tried to use auto settings for ram but bios recognized my ram as 5200 instead of 6400, and motherboard was hard to start. I did manage to start and load OSX, but still no sleep. I guess the p5wdh gurus are gonna have to solve this. I can only ask other p5wdh owners what kexts they use in their extra folder and keep trying to get sleep functioning.

OSX shows my memory as 667MHz, Bios sees it as PC-6400 when I overclock but otherwise it is PC-5200. Officially it should be DDR-800 but I guess I have a wrong CPU/RAM combination. I have a FSB of 1333 too. I think running in 667MHz should be fine? I do have to increase the memory voltage to 1.95V to have the machine boot with the full 4Gb.