Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

Someone already on lion?

Safari on Lion won't load these pages for me:

www.unity3d.com

www.twitter.com

Can someone please check these sites to find out if it's a problem with Safari/Lion on the P5w or just a problem with my own installation?

Both of the above pages work fine for me (in Lion)

Here:

wow, I've got a kernel panic with your kexts - only difference between our systems is the graphicscard (8800 here) and I don't use the raid.

OK without the jmicron stuff your kext works but I still have the safari problem - I've bought a SSD today and will reinstall lion. maybe it's because I cloned a real mac installation.

I found some threads where people had similar problems when they did a clean install without using the migration assistant.

Has anyone made a clean install without migrating later and can display these websites in safari correctly?

I found some threads where people had similar problems when they did a clean install without using the migration assistant.

Has anyone made a clean install without migrating later and can display these websites in safari correctly?

Did you try deleting the safari preferences in the library of your home folder ? (make sure to save bookmarks)

Check the permissions of that folder and your home folder. Sometimes permissions get messed up when migrating by assistant or drag and drop.

After that I would delete all network files in Library/preferences/systemcofiguration and instantly (by hand) reset/turn off the computer - otherwise osx will regenerate the current settings before it turns off. OSX will then generate completely new network settings when it boots.

I tried "everything", I made 2 clean installs without migrating anything. Safari always won't load these pages and won't display any youtube videos (tried it with the fresh system). When I install the flash-beta for lion it won't work also.

Your kexts won't work for me (instant kernel panic), somehow I think maybe I have wrong BIOS settings... but I am the one who made and posted the screenshots of the correct BIOS settings on the wiki and in this thread :)

Sometimes I also have sound problems with the Sound Sticks (USB).

But I also found threads where people have the same problem with safari on a real mac with a clean fresh system.

Could you send me your whole extra folder please, including your DSDT for a test?

I tried "everything", I made 2 clean installs without migrating anything. Safari always won't load these pages and won't display any youtube videos (tried it with the fresh system). When I install the flash-beta for lion it won't work also.

Your kexts won't work for me (instant kernel panic), somehow I think maybe I have wrong BIOS settings... but I am the one who made and posted the screenshots of the correct BIOS settings on the wiki and in this thread :P

Sometimes I also have sound problems with the Sound Sticks (USB).

But I also found threads where people have the same problem with safari on a real mac with a clean fresh system.

Could you send me your whole extra folder please, including your DSDT for a test?

Sounds like it's being blocked. Using your network, can a different computer access those sites ?

I already sent kexts in extra. DSDT I generated from: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523.

I also did my DSDT this way. So the problem with your kexts must be a BIOS setting.

I can load these pages with camino, firefox and chrome. Just Safari won't.

I doubt that it is bios because everything works with other browsers. It really sounds like a safari permissions/settings problem. Have you repaired permissions ? Have you tried the latest flash update ? Have you tried a different version of Safari ?

Yes, I'll do an update for the Lion. I already have developed a new LegacyHDA compatible with 10.6.8 and Lion. Unfortunately I still have no replacement for a broken VGA. Hopefully next week I get a new VGA and try to finish the work.

Thanks a lot

Count on me as beta tester, if you'll need one

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Fixed auto sleep in Lion with this script !

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=182535

Autosleep works fine without any scripts. I checked today on 10.7.1 and 10.6.8 and it works OK. If there is no autosleep, the most common cause is an optical drive or VGA.

PS Lion runs on P5W like a dream. Hopefully next week I'll finish the work with the new BootCD and installer for 10.6.8 and the Lion.

Autosleep works fine without any scripts. I checked today on 10.7.1 and 10.6.8 and it works OK. If there is no autosleep, the most common cause is an optical drive or VGA.

PS Lion runs on P5W like a dream. Hopefully next week I'll finish the work with the new BootCD and installer for 10.6.8 and the Lion.

i am looking forward this new work ! Thank's

yes are rigth, i confirm that Autosleep work (for one of my two configurations it needs a CD in the optical drive to work)

under Lion, from time to time, i meet another problem after the first sleep; a "328 Ko Config Media Disk" appears and prevents the computer to go sleep the next time

have you got some idea about?

Hi, after a reboot I lost audio.

My system runs Lion 10.7.1 (I did a rollback to 10.6.2 AppleHDA, install the specified modded kext and the enabler from 314TeR).

I checked and everything is like the 10.7.1 installation, when audio worked.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, after a reboot I lost audio.

My system runs Lion 10.7.1 (I did a rollback to 10.6.2 AppleHDA, install the specified modded kext and the enabler from 314TeR).

I checked and everything is like the 10.7.1 installation, when audio worked.

Sav,

which guide did you use to install Lion? Can you please post a link to that guide or steps?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I used to have a 10.5.6 Leopard, then a 10.6.3 Snow Leopard on my P5W DH Deluxe, so I have some experience with hackintosh.

Recently I decided to move my hackintosh system on a bigger HDD and I wanted to install Lion so I decided to do a clean install on an empty 500GB HDD.

I followed some guides to create a bootable USB stick to install Lion.

It worked perfectly so I have Lion running and I installed the latest Chameleon bootloader (Chameleon_v2.1svn_r1547.pkg.zip) to be able to boot from HDD but I need some advice for post installation.

#1 At the moment I have no LAN, no WLAN, no sound. Could anyone give me some kexts to get LAN & Sound to work?

#2 I have an old DSDT.aml which I compiled for my old system, can I use that one with Lion?

#3 My GFX card is an Nvidia 8800 GTS 320 and I have a HEX code ready for it, which I used to put in Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist (now with the new Chameleon bootloader it has to be Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist). Is this the rcorrect method to run the GFX card or is there something better? With this I can run my 24" monitor at native resolution 1920x1200.

My specs:

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe with 3001 BIOS and correct settings (AHCI, etc)

Core2Duo E6600 2.4 ghz CPU overclocked at 3.0 ghz

4GB 800 mhz DDR2 RAM

ASUS 8800 GTS 320

Samsung SATA2 500 GB HDD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

first time posting after perusing this forum as a lurker…

first of all thanks for all the priceless info I found here.

I've a P5W based system and I need some help with USB and FW after upgrading from a fully functional 10.6.3 to 10.6.8

Hardware:

P5W DH Deluxe - BIOS version 2602

Pentium DuaCore E2220

GeForce 9600 GT

4gb (1+1+2) ddr2 667 - memory mapping enabled in the bios

Issue:

USB12 not working.

All others functioning at 12Mbps speed.

Firewire not recognized.

I originally installed Snow Leopard retail DVD, booting with Nawcom Boot CD.

It was long ago so I don't remember the post-install steps I took and where I got my kexts but the system was fully functional.

Recently I ran 10.6.5 update combo and I got those issues with USB and Firewire.

Tried to fix USB reverting to 10.6.4 IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext and IOUSBFamily.kext to no avail.

Ran 10.6.8 update combo, same issue.

Configuration:

/System/Library/Extensions folder:

Stock 10.6.8 +

VoodooHDA.kext

/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x768x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

/Extra/Extensions folder:

2n6uk2t.gif

Any suggestions? =)

I'm a bit confused on the path to take - do I need to update the BIOS, and/or to make a DSDT, or I just need to download the right kexts somewhere?...

Why not Lion ? It works great. Hopefully 314TeR will make a P5W Lion boot/iinstall cd for Lion :)

For snow leopard go here:

http://translate.goo...view-vt4415.htm

use a newer version of chameleon than comes with his cd.

As for you boot.plist -

pci root - not needed

graphics flag - not needed

kernel flag - not needed - 64 bit works great - x32 only if you want to use the built in p5w wi fi.

voodoo kext not needed - use the above link for audio solution

usb kext - not needed

EvOreboot - not needed - with correct dsdt - restart fix in chameleon is better

ionetworking - not needed - add network fix in chameleon

RTC kext not needed with good dsdt.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

nice Xmas to everyone!

One question I wanna ask.

I install 10.6.8 with 4.0DP1 and follow Instructions. ( don't wont to use lion !! )

System works nice, but sometimes (not often) the system gets kernel panic while booting.

My system E6600 + 8800GT + P5Wdh del.

Must I change anything in the DSDT, because of Processor spek.?

After booting there are problems in the codedirect. of AppleHDA. (I use Version 10.6.7 - extract it with PAcifist)

see Jpeg below

Dont know what todo!

Sorry for my bad english!!!!

post-358890-0-60042700-1324913693_thumb.png

post-358890-0-48317300-1324913808_thumb.jpg