Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

Updated to 10.6.5, boots fine, but has problems shutting down and restarting now...

Reinstalled WoodyHDA and OpenHaltRestart.kext and everything works as before again. Too bad about the extra kext; the idea of using DSDT was that I wouldn't need it, but if it works it works!

Hi, Newbie here!

I too have the same problems after updating to 10.6.5. Most things work except Audio, Shutdown and Restart (and Sleep, not tackled that prob yet).

Any help, muchly appreciated

Ron

My DSDT never fixed restart for me in Snow so i have had to use OSXRestart. After installing a fresh 10.6.5, my restarts failed on every atempt, i tried OSXRestart, OpenHaltRestart and EVOReboot but none worked….. after a couple hours it just started working !!! no idea why. I even tried a fresh 10.6 again and that was also working without any restart kext.

As for my audio, i modified a AppleHDA from 10.6.4 and have ALC882v25.kext in /Extra/

I use SPDIF out and Line In. (Mic not tested)

My install method was by 314TeR's install guide (thanks 314TeR, great work)

http://forum.osx86.org.pl/topics4/mac-os-x...tosh-vt1132.htm

My DSDT never fixed restart for me in Snow so i have had to use OSXRestart. After installing a fresh 10.6.5, my restarts failed on every atempt, i tried OSXRestart, OpenHaltRestart and EVOReboot but none worked….. after a couple hours it just started working !!! no idea why. I even tried a fresh 10.6 again and that was also working without any restart kext.

As for my audio, i modified a AppleHDA from 10.6.4 and have ALC882v25.kext in /Extra/

I use SPDIF out and Line In. (Mic not tested)

My install method was by 314TeR's install guide (thanks 314TeR, great work)

http://forum.osx86.org.pl/topics4/mac-os-x...tosh-vt1132.htm

How did you modified AppleHDA from 10.6.4?

Finally! i think its all working!

I used the WoodyHDA from earlier in this topic and installed it using Kext Helper B7 and it worked!

I then re-installed all the Kexts from my Extra/Extensions folder using Kext Helper and i have Restart (and hopefully shutdown, i havnt tried it yet) so one of the kexts from the original install (10.6.3) must solve the issue, but needs re-inserted.

Ill post up the list of kexts later, incase anyone wants to try and single out the winning kext that solves the restart problem.

The only thing i have left to solve is sleep, but that is nothing major to me,so it can wait a while!

Ron

How did you modified AppleHDA from 10.6.4?

I used hexedit http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17562/hexedit

1: open with hexedit AppleHDA.kext/Content/MacOSX/ApplHDA (10.6.4)

2: Find and replace all four HEX occurrences of "8508ec10" with "8208ec10"

3: Save file

You will need to chmod the AppleHDA so it is editable, i moved it to desktop and moded it there.

Also when doing a find replace make sure your searching for HEX type

The moded AppleHDA will need ALC882v25 in /Extra to function

I and others have reported a couple audio errors at boot but they dont appear to cause any problems.

Good luck

I need a DSDT.aml File for a Asus P5W DH Deluxe Bios Version 3001 with a Intel CPU E6750 and only 3GB of RAM. Thank you very much!

On the "Snow Leopard BootCD for P5W DH Deluxe - Final 3.0" I could only find a Version with 4GB RAM.

You should be able to modify it your self, search this forum and have a google on editing your DSDT. If i had to guess i would say this is the procedure.

1: Get a clean DSDT

Boot ubunto from a live cd and issue command:

sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > clean_dsdt.aml

Copy the file to USB Stick or mail it to your self

2: Boot OSX and decompile the clean DSDT

Find the memory data which might be the line starting with:

'OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory'

3: Replace the same line in the E6750 4GB DSDT.asl with the new data

4: Recompile the modified DSDT.asl

You know i could be completely wrong about this.. but step 1 should be a good start LOL

You should be able to modify it your self, search this forum and have a google on editing your DSDT. If i had to guess i would say this is the procedure.

1: Get a clean DSDT

Boot ubunto from a live cd and issue command:

sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > clean_dsdt.aml

Copy the file to USB Stick or mail it to your self

2: Boot OSX and decompile the clean DSDT

Find the memory data which might be the line starting with:

'OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory'

3: Replace the same line in the E6750 4GB DSDT.asl with the new data

4: Recompile the modified DSDT.asl

You know i could be completely wrong about this.. but step 1 should be a good start LOL

Thanks I will try this today! And I will report about that here!

I am running 10.6.5 without any glitch, see here (in french, but a little google translate should do the trick), all files that you ever dreamed of, and a great tutorial by aliab:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=182790

Thanks for the info! I have never been able to get sleep right. When it wakes, I get a screen full of artifacts. Would this be more associated with my video card install? I have legacy usb disabled in BIOS. Thanks johnm

• 2 weeks later...

I have 10.6.5 on a p5w dh deluxe board, updated via Software Update from iAtkos s3 DVD. In case anyone else is using the same board, [or experiencing the same problems I had], I advise you to use the following settings.

Most install guides advise you to select "set ide as AHCI" in the BIOS, which would then lead you to selecting AHCI-SATA in the Drivers section of iAtkos install.

For me that caused endless crashes -not kp's- but sudden supposed loss of all on disk media and endless loop of "disk0s2 no media present" scrolling in black across the screen. Either that or the hardrive would literally "groan", a noise that I knew meant freezes & a hard reboot.

Finally I changed from AHCI-SATA to Configure IDE as Standard IDE in Compatible Mode, with the Non-AHCI Intel SATA driver chosen in iAtkos.

A couple of other things to lookout for if you are using this intsall. Select USB EHCI UHCI patches in the patches section, but DO NOT select SleepEnabler.kext -it causes a kp as soon as you update the system.

My Hackintosh is now running better than ever before. Ignore AHCI-SATA for Snow, go for ICH-7

• 3 weeks later...
Hello again,

here is my fully working applehda.kext from 10.6.4 binary patched.

Before you install it, you have to delete the ALC882v25.kext in the extra folder and you must use the DSDT from 314Ter. The easiest way to install the hdakext is to use Kexthelper.

Enjoy it

Kindly regards Woody01

Please give me a feedback how it is working on your System.

this is nice work and it worked for me with any DSDT ... but I did not manage to get my 5 speakers and sub assembled in a new aggregate in Midi Setup (software failure), so I have had only 2 speakers and sub running ...

I changed back to my favourite kext: VoodooHDA v0.22 rev 8 (x64) ... this one boots up with no KP like the newer VoodooHDA ones and plays sound out of the box on every attached speaker ... if there are more people who have this problem with Midi Setup ... try this kext ...

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

this is nice work and it worked for me with any DSDT ... but I did not manage to get my 5 speakers and sub assembled in a new aggregate in Midi Setup (software failure), so I have had only 2 speakers and sub running ...

I changed back to my favourite kext: VoodooHDA v0.22 rev 8 (x64) ... this one boots up with no KP like the newer VoodooHDA ones and plays sound out of the box on every attached speaker ... if there are more people who have this problem with Midi Setup ... try this kext ...

Yes ! this works well. But more importantly - I finally understand how the hdef section of the dsdt is added. It improves how the voodoo kext will work. It also allows the woodyhda.kext to work. The following must be added to your dsdt for full functionality. It goes between the P0P2 and P0P3 sections in your dsdt. This is from 314TeR's dsdts.

I used the 2504 bios plus the dsdt autopatcher (run in windows) then added 314TeR's hdef to the dsdt. All is well.

To be clear, I find that the hdef edit and Woody HDA to be all that is necessary.

post-20993-1293938875_thumb.jpg

hdef.rtf

• 4 weeks later...

if it works right, thank you, now I have not sleep well, we need the kexts sleepenabler? If activated from standby off button works., but not automatic in 15 minutes.

someone could help me?

dsdt + hdef from 314TeR's , dsdts automatic editor.

if it works right, thank you, now I have not sleep well, we need the kexts sleepenabler? If activated from standby off button works., but not automatic in 15 minutes.

someone could help me?

dsdt + hdef from 314TeR's , dsdts automatic editor.

I need sleepenabler too.Please help if you can. Thanks

Hey guys my Apple USB keyboard does not work in snow leo 10.6.3 retail install with empireEFI and MyHack.

Everything but that and fire wire works. USB2 works fine. USB mouse works fine. PS/2 Keyboard also fine. USB keyboard works fine when i boot into 10.5.8.

www.kexts.com

Thanks,marliwahoo, will try.

edit: Tried sleepenabler.kext for my version. Sleep fails, get flashing artifacts on wake. The screen is blank except 1/6th of the top left screen flashes between artifacts. But, if I use deepsleep prg, I can hibernate, so that's something anyway, so thanks again.

Hey guys my Apple USB keyboard does not work in snow leo 10.6.3 retail install with empireEFI and MyHack.

Everything but that and fire wire works. USB2 works fine. USB mouse works fine. PS/2 Keyboard also fine. USB keyboard works fine when i boot into 10.5.8.

I use the same install method empireefi and myhack. Did you check usb in bios? All mine are enabled. Did you try different usb ports? I'm not sure about firewire. Maybe you got a config problem with installing with ps2 keyboard then swapping to usb keyboard after install.

edit: I checked in about mac and it shows firewire, so it must work. I'd try getting a plain usb keyboard, try that, then I'd try an older 10.6.0 image install. Then upgrade to 10.6.5 or 10.6.6. Beyond that I really think the install with original ps/2 keyboard swapped to apple usb keyboard might be your problem, good luck!

edit: Tried sleepenabler.kext for my version. Sleep fails, get flashing artifacts on wake. The screen is blank except 1/6th of the top left screen flashes between artifacts. But, if I use deepsleep prg, I can hibernate, so that's something anyway, so thanks again.

I use the same install method empireefi and myhack. Did you check usb in bios? All mine are enabled. Did you try different usb ports? I'm not sure about firewire. Maybe you got a config problem with installing with ps2 keyboard then swapping to usb keyboard after install.

edit: I checked in about mac and it shows firewire, so it must work. I'd try getting a plain usb keyboard, try that, then I'd try an older 10.6.0 image install. Then upgrade to 10.6.5 or 10.6.6. Beyond that I really think the install with original ps/2 keyboard swapped to apple usb keyboard might be your problem, good luck!

Yeah I never chose the PS/2 install option. And yeah all the usb is enabled in bios. I'm using Leopard right now on same machine with apple keyboard.

FYI. The apple keyboard also didn't work during installation/booting from bootdisc. I've tried every usb port as well. No luck.

Sleep works great if .......

dsdt is correct. Try the dsdt autopatcher in windows. The only kexts needed are asusp5wdxdeluxe.kext, woodyhda.kext and Fakesmc.kext .....if ......dsdt is correct !!

Sleep works great if .......

dsdt is correct. Try the dsdt autopatcher in windows. The only kexts needed are asusp5wdxdeluxe.kext, woodyhda.kext and Fakesmc.kext .....if ......dsdt is correct !!

I got a clean dsdt. 314TeR helped me about a year ago. I don't have asusp5wdxdeluxe.kext. Googled it and looked on kext.com. I appreciate your time, I've never had sleep, but maybe I should try another dsdt. I may try again with windows dsdt patcher, it couldn't hurt. I couldn't autopatch before, but maybe there's a newer autopatcher. Thanks again, and take care, johnm

I got a clean dsdt. 314TeR helped me about a year ago. I don't have asusp5wdxdeluxe.kext. Googled it and looked on kext.com. I appreciate your time, I've never had sleep, but maybe I should try another dsdt. I may try again with windows dsdt patcher, it couldn't hurt. I couldn't autopatch before, but maybe there's a newer autopatcher. Thanks again, and take care, johnm

Here:

P5W.zip

Here:

Wow thank you marliwahoo,

It's nice that we can keep the p5wdh alive. It's been a great board for me over the years. I really appreciate your help, it can be few and far between here, but I appreciate this board a lot. Thanks again, jm

Hi all. Im running via optical just fine with my p5w dh (alc882), but it is only 2 channel recognized in audio setup via utilites...

I am using Woody's HDA. All the other HDAs I found try and use coaxial instead of optical... Any luck on getting this guy 5 channels or higher? I tried playing around in the plist under the Amp section for the id marked "SPDIF", no luck...