Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

I havent overclocked whatsoever so I think that will be unlikely.

Before my Snow Leopard install I was running Leopard (iDeneb 10.5.5) and that was fine in terms of stability, so again I dont think my hardware is at fault.

I followed all instructions, on page 55 of this thread, including the BIOS update for my motherboard.

From reading up elsewhere my previous install disabled "AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext" whereas this current Vanilla SL install doesn't.

Again, from what I gathered a correct DSDT.aml file will solve this problem of Kernel panics. So you may be correct when you think it is a power issue.

. . ah: yes, you do need appropriate entries for your exact CPU model in your dsdt, & having wrong ones would explain the symptoms you describe.

For an outline of this issue - & some advice & tools - see this thread.

Thanks a lot.

Had a quick look at that thread and it seems like it could be the answer! Ill give it a go tonight.

. . . an alternative is to install mullintelcpupowermanagement into your /E/E . . you lose [obv] native power management & probably sleep.

Ah! You got me thinking, from my fresh install I updated to 10.6.3 (original was 10.6).

Sorry to keep pestering you but does this seem like what could be the answer;

http://netkas.org/?p=382

I didnt follow these steps before, just went ahead and updated (apart from the fix mentioned to get sound back)

Having a bit of trouble editing my DSDT.

I created one using 'DSDT Patcher' after my first clean install and then extracted 'dsdt.dsl' using IASLME.

I used 'PStateChanger' to determine my various p states. (see attached)

Would anyone mind having a look to see where I am going wrong? I get 3 errors when recompiling after following the guide here;

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181631

Here is my system spec if it helps - my DSDT is attached (original)

ASUS P5W-DH DELUXE

Intel E4500

Nvidia GeForce 7300GT

4 GB RAM

Any help is greatly appreciated. Let me know any more info is required.

Thanks again.

dsdt.zip

Hello folks,

I'm new at this forum and I hope this is the right place for my post. If It isn't then please to forgive me.

I would like to have some suggestion to make my own hackintosh.

I have at the moment:

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6420

4GB RAM DDR2

Do you think it could be a good starting system?

Could the OS-X work with this CPU?

What kind of graphics card could I add? I'm thinking about an ATI, but I have not idea about the model.

Sorry for all my questions, but I'm a really dummy about Mac/Hackintosh.

Thank you in advance

Pitone

An update… for those who care!

I think speedstep is functioning correctly because I installed cpu-x and VoodooPState.kext. I could see the core speed and multiplier changing. I am concerned about the core temp etc. though (see attached screenshot)

I also think either my BIOS flash to the latest 3001, or my DSDT (currently the default one installed by 314ters Boot CD - 3001 e6600/e6750 4GB) that is causing kernel panics when put under strain.

BIOS - can i downgrade using osx? The EZ flash utility doesnt allow downgrading.

DSDT - would anyone be kind enough to edit a DSDT for me? Im having trouble myself. I have provided my p states below. My processor is the Intel Core 2 duo e4500, I have 4GB RAM.

Again any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

dsdt.zip

post-324032-1273311924_thumb.png

post-324032-1273312290_thumb.png

Finally got all working in 10.6.3.

Used modified package from 314ter (thx for that), 4870 works natively. I only had a sound problem updating from 10.6.0 to 10.6.3, but I solved problem thx to VoodooHDA.kext from bmxer55.

Everything works perfect but restart (is there any kext for that?) xD Dual monitor setup also works (both on DVI ports, without using adapters)! :D

I don't use sleep or speedstep, so can't confirm that...

Hi, thanks for the boot cd, my spect:

Asus p5w dh deluxe

Intel quad core q6600, g0

2gb corsair

nvidia 8800 GT 512

all works but a can't shutdown or go to sleep mode, i try with diferent dsdt for q6600 but nothing, can you help me?. i try tu edit that dsdt but even don't work.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
got my hackintosh p5w dh running this weekend. thanks for all the posts, esp. 314Ter. i used the two files from his polish language site (i think it's polish), and it was like magic. easiest hackintosh install ever. used the boot cd, hit F5 and inserted retail SL dvd, and installed. then rebooted using the boot cd, booted to SL, and completed installation using the install pack in the second file (from a usb stick).

the only tweaks i had to do were downloading the wifi driver from the realtek site (only works with 32 bit kernel ;-(), and reinstalling the applehda kext from 10.6.2 after updating to 10.6.3.

nvidia 9500GT video card works out of the box. running an core2duo e6660 chip with 4 gigs of ram. everything works fine so far, usb, firewire, audio, ethernet, and wifi (i'm not using it because i'm booting in 64 bit kernel). i hosed the ez raid onboard raid by removing the jumperpins and telling the bios i did that, and just run it a single port. have 5x1TB SATA drives running in AHCI, and an IDE optical drive (i didn't those would work in SL!)i did have to delete the 32 bit kernel flag from 314Ter's applebootplist (or whatever it's called) and it boots to 64 bit kernel by default.

has anyone gotten wifi to work in 64 bit?

a question for 314Ter if he's still reading this posts: i see in your install pack a file with dsdt for my cpu, with 4 gigs of ram. should i just replace the current dsdt in the extra folder with that, fix permissions, and go? everything seems to be working fine for now.

thanks to all.

Same problem for me - this post fixed it.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1351073

Hi, thanks for the boot cd, my spect:

Asus p5w dh deluxe

Intel quad core q6600, g0

2gb corsair

nvidia 8800 GT 512

all works but a can't shutdown or go to sleep mode, i try with diferent dsdt for q6600 but nothing, can you help me?. i try tu edit that dsdt but even don't work.

Thanks

try this dsdt (see the signature) with 10.6.3

i've got working shutdown, restart, sleep mode (non automatic) with Q6600 & E7300

let me known

thank's

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to disturb and do it the n00bish way but what is the smartest way to install snow leo on the p5w dh deluxe today? I want to do it this weekend.

Please give the founder of this thread some hints, I don't want to read it all :(

Is it safe to just use Software update for 10.6.4?

Yeapp! At least looks like. The only issue -- VoodooHDA.kext (if you're using it, of course) which conflicts with the native AppleHDA.kext. If you're using VoodooHDA, I would suggest to move Voodoo aside, regenerate kext caches, perform an upgrade, reboot, disable AppleHDA.kext and re-install VoodooHDA.kext. Otherwise the risk of meeting with GSOD (Gray Screen of Death) is quite high.

Cheers,

Kirill

Hi All.

I HAD installed Snow Leopard with the 314TeR Boot CD and upgraded to 10.6.3.

Once the 10.6.4 was available I performed the auto-update. Now the system boots up but gets stuck at the white/grey apple boot screen.

I tried and the system booted into snow leopard 10.6.4 by using the 314TeR Boot CD, however I can't get it to boot on its own.

Which step am I missing? I know I should have probably downloaded the combo updater file and updated to 10.6.4 that way.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi All.

I HAD installed Snow Leopard with the 314TeR Boot CD and upgraded to 10.6.3.

Once the 10.6.4 was available I performed the auto-update. Now the system boots up but gets stuck at the white/grey apple boot screen.

I tried and the system booted into snow leopard 10.6.4 by using the 314TeR Boot CD, however I can't get it to boot on its own.

Which step am I missing? I know I should have probably downloaded the combo updater file and updated to 10.6.4 that way.

Any help is much appreciated.

I rarely use auto update. I instead prefer downloading the full update and then updating from another osx installation.

Boot in verbose mode and see where it hangs.

See the above post about voodoo.hda. If you are not using voodoohda and are using ALC882v25.kext (better) you must use apple.hda from 10.6.2 (applehda 1.7.9) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=68955

Make sure you are not using old sleepenabler.kext. You should not need sleepenabler if your dsdt.aml is correct.

For those who need sleepenabler for 10.6.4: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=72783

I rarely use auto update. I instead prefer downloading the full update and then updating from another osx installation.

Boot in verbose mode and see where it hangs.

See the above post about voodoo.hda. If you are not using voodoohda and are using ALC882v25.kext (better) you must use apple.hda from 10.6.2 (applehda 1.7.9) http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=68955

Make sure you are not using old sleepenabler.kext. You should not need sleepenabler if your dsdt.aml is correct.

For those who need sleepenabler for 10.6.4: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=72783

Thanks marliwahoo.

I was using AppleHDA_10.6.2.kext, and using the correct dsdt.aml.

Verbose boot shows the following issues:

launchctld: Please convert the following to launchd: /etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver

So it seems that the SMC driver location is the issue. Can I replace this? Where do I get it?

Hi

total nOOb, never posted b4 either, so forgive my nOObness ;)

my system:

Asus P5W

Q6600

Asus Nvidia 9600GSO 512

4GB RAM DDR3 800

10.6.2 Partition and a 10.5.8 partition

I've been reading the forums last couple of days and I'm getting to grips with all this Hack lark

but

what I can't work out is how do I update and know which version of chameleon I'm running.

My firewire is working but is really slow, everything else is fine, not too bothered about sleep or onboard audio I just want full speed firewire.

So I'm pretty confident how to update BIOS and DSDT but do I need to update chameleon too?

hi, i cant get shutdown to work. the problem with pressing the power button to turn off the pc is that sometimes the bios gets ruined. last time i had to pull out the battery to reset it. my system is as follows:

p5w dh

e6600 2.4 ghz

nvidia 7200 128mb

seagate sata 250 gb

2gb ddr2 600+ mhz

i did i retail install with boot 132 cd and then installed the p5w snow final 3.0.dmg

shut down still not working. there are a bunch of dsdt iles here but i really dont know what to do with them. can someone please walk methrough the process. i am a near total noob. thanks.

hi, i cant get shutdown to work. the problem with pressing the power button to turn off the pc is that sometimes the bios gets ruined. last time i had to pull out the battery to reset it. my system is as follows:

p5w dh

e6600 2.4 ghz

nvidia 7200 128mb

seagate sata 250 gb

2gb ddr2 600+ mhz

i did i retail install with boot 132 cd and then installed the p5w snow final 3.0.dmg

shut down still not working. there are a bunch of dsdt iles here but i really dont know what to do with them. can someone please walk methrough the process. i am a near total noob. thanks.

This is what you want: http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&x...453%26st%3D1180

In Polish - use google to translate.

I'm running 10.6.4 on the P5W now.

Just got two problem.

- not all of my USB ports are working. I think I can only have 4 active decives at once. The USB kext I used is this one:

http://www.kexts.com/view/25-intel_usb2_ehci_controller.html

Any solution?

And for the WiFi I use the Realtek_RTL8187_MacOS10.4_Driver_1309_UI1.5.1. The WiFi works, but I suffer dropouts at least every 15 minutes. Is it any way to get a rock stable WiFi connection?

Help is wanted...badly. Thanks in advance.