Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

Hello there @314TeR, used your package and worked great.

I would like your help with my DSDT if you have some spear time.

I did try the superfassl's DSDTPatcher method and it fixed my USB mouse, but i still have issues with sleep and network controller, which stops working for no reason.

here is my DSDT.dsl file dumped with acpidump from ubuntu.

Specs: P5W DH Deluxe, 4G RAM, E5200, 8400GS 512M, 3002 BIOS

Thanks in advance.

DSDT.zip

Hello there @314TeR, used your package and worked great.

I would like your help with my DSDT if you have some spear time.

I did try the superfassl's DSDTPatcher method and it fixed my USB mouse, but i still have issues with sleep and network controller, which stops working for no reason.

here is my DSDT.dsl file dumped with acpidump from ubuntu.

Specs: P5W DH Deluxe, 4G RAM, E5200, 8400GS 512M, 3002 BIOS

Thanks in advance.

Corrected DSDT.

Fix_Miller.zip

Corrected DSDT.

Fix_Miller.zip

Thanks Peter,

i compiled the file and got some warnings:

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20080926 [Oct  4 2008]
Copyright © 2000 - 2008 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 3.0a

/Volumes/DATA/alindanila/Downloads/Fix Miller/DSDT.dsl  4521:                         Method (OCOP, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning  1087 -                                             Not all control paths return a value ^  (OCOP)

/Volumes/DATA/alindanila/Downloads/Fix Miller/DSDT.dsl  5235:                         Method (PROC, 3, NotSerialized)
Warning  1087 -                                             Not all control paths return a value ^  (PROC)

/Volumes/DATA/alindanila/Downloads/Fix Miller/DSDT.dsl  6243:                             Store (PROC (Local0, Local1, Zero), Local2)
Warning  1092 -                                         Called method may not always return a value ^ 

/Volumes/DATA/alindanila/Downloads/Fix Miller/DSDT.dsl  8970:                             Release (SMBA)
Warning  1099 -                                                              Statement is unreachable ^ 

/Volumes/DATA/alindanila/Downloads/Fix Miller/DSDT.dsl 11909:         Method (VGET, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning  1087 -                             Not all control paths return a value ^  (VGET)

/Volumes/DATA/alindanila/Downloads/Fix Miller/DSDT.dsl 11954:         Method (TGET, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning  1087 -                             Not all control paths return a value ^  (TGET)

/Volumes/DATA/alindanila/Downloads/Fix Miller/DSDT.dsl 12016:         Method (FGET, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning  1087 -                             Not all control paths return a value ^  (FGET)

/Volumes/DATA/alindanila/Downloads/Fix Miller/DSDT.dsl 12052:             Store (VGET (Local0), Local1)
Warning  1092 -                         Called method may not always return a value ^ 

/Volumes/DATA/alindanila/Downloads/Fix Miller/DSDT.dsl 12094:             Store (TGET (Local0), Local1)
Warning  1092 -                         Called method may not always return a value ^ 

/Volumes/DATA/alindanila/Downloads/Fix Miller/DSDT.dsl 12127:             Store (FGET (Local0), Local1)

ASL Input:  /Volumes/DATA/alindanila/Downloads/Fix Miller/DSDT.dsl - 12382 lines, 427524 bytes, 4759 keywords
AML Output: /Volumes/DATA/alindanila/Downloads/Fix Miller/DSDT.aml - 38502 bytes, 998 named objects, 3761 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 10 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 46 Optimizations

used the file anyway and i get the same behavior, Ethernet controller stops working after a while and if i sleep the system, on wake just acts as a restart.

Any clues ?

Warning does not affect the operation of OS X. Can you have set the BIOS correctly? Did you do a clean install?

Correct BIOS Settings, except some processor settings that don't show up. Apparently the E5200 is a Dual Core but it has the same architecture as a Core 2 Duo but with less Cache.

Clean install 10.6.3 Retail,

used you package,

updated to 10.6.7,

fixed audio and used your DSDT.

Currently booting with arch=i386 so i can use the Realtek wireless.

i get this in the last part of dmesg:

but i don't know what to make of it.

SMOS has arrived
RTL8187: Ethernet address 00:15:af:36:dc:25
en1: DAD detected duplicate IPv6 address fe80:0004::0215:afff:fe36:dc25: NS in/out=1/1, NA in=0
en1: DAD complete for fe80:0004::0215:afff:fe36:dc25 - duplicate found
en1: manual intervention required
Initialized RowmoteIREmu
USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 001D0F0C73BF5B8A0B0E015B 0x930 0x6545 0x100
Trying to change a collection in the registry
Backtrace 0x507bd4 0x50791a 0x5bb8d59a 0x5bbc0a12 0x5bbd190d 0x56abea 0x56afa4
     Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):
        com.realtek.driver.RTL8187(1.0)@0x5bb8a000->0x5bbf5fff
           dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily(1.10)@0x5b850000
           dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily(4.1.8)@0x555cc000
Trying to change a collection in the registry
Backtrace 0x507b78 0x50791a 0x5bb8d59a 0x5bbc0971 0x5bbd18e5 0x56abea 0x56afa4
     Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):
        com.realtek.driver.RTL8187(1.0)@0x5bb8a000->0x5bbf5fff
           dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily(1.10)@0x5b850000
           dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily(4.1.8)@0x555cc000
en1: DAD detected duplicate IPv6 address fe80:0004::0215:afff:fe36:dc25: NS in/out=1/1, NA in=0
en1: DAD complete for fe80:0004::0215:afff:fe36:dc25 - duplicate found
en1: manual intervention required
IOSurface: buffer allocation size is zero

Just noticed something new since i replaced the DSDT with the one you provided:

After restart or shutdown, BIOS won't post until i shutdown the Power Supply and turn it back on.

• 2 weeks later...
Boot from UniBootX and select hdd, and then reinstal UniBootX installer.

Hey 314TeR thanks alot for your help, I ended up having to do a reinstall because I messed some things up, but after I followed your instructions and it works perfectly.

Though I have one more question, I just installed the new 10.6.8 update from apple and after the sound is gone. I reinstalled the UnibootX but after the restart of my computer the sound is still missing is there something else I can do?

Thanks

--------------

I solved my problem I used the AppleHDA Rollback using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and the sound came back, everything else works as its supposed to also.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey 314TeR thanks alot for your help, I ended up having to do a reinstall because I messed some things up, but after I followed your instructions and it works perfectly.

Though I have one more question, I just installed the new 10.6.8 update from apple and after the sound is gone. I reinstalled the UnibootX but after the restart of my computer the sound is still missing is there something else I can do?

Thanks

--------------

I solved my problem I used the AppleHDA Rollback using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and the sound came back, everything else works as its supposed to also.

Hi. I just installed 10.6.8 (from 10.6.5 and a previous BootCD from 314TeR) so I also lost the audio.

How did you install the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] AppleHDA? I just did it and audio didn't come back, did you select anything else apart from AppleHDA Rollback?

I also tried with the back mic option from UniBoot 4 DP1 and it didn't work.

Any other recommendation?

Thanks!

Rodrigo.

Hi. I just installed 10.6.8 (from 10.6.5 and a previous BootCD from 314TeR) so I also lost the audio.

How did you install the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] AppleHDA? I just did it and audio didn't come back, did you select anything else apart from AppleHDA Rollback?

I also tried with the back mic option from UniBoot 4 DP1 and it didn't work.

Any other recommendation?

Thanks!

Rodrigo.

DSDT hdef edit and Woody HDA. Works in 10.6.8 and Lion GM.

See: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1612787

AppleHDA is changed in 10.6.8. To restore the sound, simply restore the AppleHDA from 10.6.7 and run this patch:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x82\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Now I'm working on a version compatible with 10.6.8 and Lion. Unfortunately my VGA is damaged and now I'm looking for a new replacement.

I am also using a P5W DH but I used iAtkos S3 V2 to install 10.6.3 which is running great right now EXCEPT I cannot get digital audio out to work. iAtkos installs VoodooHDA which works OK in stereo mode but I have the output of my audio connected to a digital receiver and therefore would like to get the digital audio output to work.

I have tried several suggestions from various boards,including THIS thread. But so far nothing has gotten the digital audio to work. A lot of what is being said in this thread is in regards to editing the dsdt file. I don't have experience with that but if that's the only way to get this to work I'll learn. But any/all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

This has been resolved, please see THIS THREAD for details.

Guys, I updated to 10.6.8 fine, no audio yet but I'm using my DeckLink's audio out.

I was OK with a EVGA GTX480 1.5GB but now I need dual GPU for a software I'm running.

I'm looking for advice on how to run dual GPU. What's the best way? I got an EVGA GT220 1GB and it works nice on 10.6.8 too, but I need to make both work.

Thanks,

Rodrigo.

Guys, I updated to 10.6.8 fine, no audio yet but I'm using my DeckLink's audio out.

I was OK with a EVGA GTX480 1.5GB but now I need dual GPU for a software I'm running.

I'm looking for advice on how to run dual GPU. What's the best way? I got an EVGA GT220 1GB and it works nice on 10.6.8 too, but I need to make both work.

Thanks,

Rodrigo.

Hey Rodrigo, I didn't select anything else besides the Rollback, and the sound came back.

If anyone uses my installation package, then to restore the sound after update to 10.6.8, you must restore the AppleHDA from 10.6.7 and perform patch AppleHDA described above.

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone uses my installation package, then to restore the sound after update to 10.6.8, you must restore the AppleHDA from 10.6.7 and perform patch AppleHDA described above.

I did use the kext and the script and it doesn't work, I don't have audio in my system prefs audio panel.

When I installed the Unibot I unchecked the ALC882 options, should I try with that?

Thanks,

Rodrigo.

I did use the kext and the script and it doesn't work, I don't have audio in my system prefs audio panel.

When I installed the Unibot I unchecked the ALC882 options, should I try with that?

Thanks,

Rodrigo.

Try this.......

Install Pacifist (http://www.charlessoft.com/)

Insert your snow leopard DVD (My retail DVD was 10.6.1 i guess)

Use pacifist to load the DVD

This might take some time

Search for AppleHDA

Then select AppleHDA kext and click the install button

enter your password when asked for and accept replace for all

reboot and you should be good to go.

@ 314TeR

Do you plan to update your guide to Lion?

I hope 314Ter does indeed update his guide and boot cd.

In the mean time ......

hdef dsdt edit and woodyhda work with lion. See earlier posts.

My only problem with Lion is that my computer will no longer sleep automatically. I wonder ..... does that have anything to do with hda?

I did get the audio working with the HDEF dsdt edit and the woodyhda. I am also in the same boat dealing with sleep.. everything else seems to work perfect though :)

Thanks marliwahoo for your HDEF edit!

Do you plan to update your guide to Lion?

Yes, I'll do an update for the Lion. I already have developed a new LegacyHDA compatible with 10.6.8 and Lion. Unfortunately I still have no replacement for a broken VGA. Hopefully next week I get a new VGA and try to finish the work.

Hello,

just planning my Lion Upgrade. Has anyone checked, if onboard WLAN is still working under Lion? I'm not sure, but the Realtek driver might be a PPC app, which would probably keep it from running under Lion.

Regards

Johannes

For a quick test I installed Lion on a USB Stick using a real mac and then I just placed my Extra Folder on the Stick, installed Chameleon on it and got Lion working on the stick (to bad that I had no external drive at hand)

I did get the audio working with the HDEF dsdt edit and the woodyhda. I am also in the same boat dealing with sleep.. everything else seems to work perfect though :huh:

Thanks marliwahoo for your HDEF edit!

I wish I could take credit. The thank you really goes to 314TeR (hdef edit) and Woody (apple.hda).

Yes, I'll do an update for the Lion. I already have developed a new LegacyHDA compatible with 10.6.8 and Lion. Unfortunately I still have no replacement for a broken VGA. Hopefully next week I get a new VGA and try to finish the work.

Thank you again !

Someone already on lion?

Safari on Lion won't load these pages for me:

www.unity3d.com

www.twitter.com

Can someone please check these sites to find out if it's a problem with Safari/Lion on the P5w or just a problem with my own installation?