Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

Sounds like a bad disk write.

It is vital that you check to ensure the unrar'd ISO file's MD5SUM (unique file signature) matches the one given in the provided read me document. MD5Summer is a useful windows application for checking.

You also need to burn at a very sloooow speed to ensure reliable results, if you can burn at 2x, or better still 1x, that is best. What mainboard/ system are you installing on?

I checked the file's MD5SUM and it matches the one given. My drive wouldn't let me specify the write speed. My system is as follows:

3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4

Board: Acer G91M

512 Megabytes Installed Memory

80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

RADEON X300/X550 Series

Regards.

Hi mac.nub! It seems to be a fantastic job you've done! :D

I'm on my way to download it but I'd like to know how to turn the system language in french after the installation?

Maybe I could extract the french language from the Kalyway distrib, but I don't know how to proceed :blush:

Thanks for your help :D

Edit: I've just seen your screenshot, could you tell me what's the theme you applied to your finder, 'cause I've found it pretty good looking :)

Thanks mac.nub

well done !

works fine with the following hardware:

asus P5B deluxe (AHCI Mode)

asus Gforce 8800 320MB

onboard adio (only stereo output)

onboard Marvel Nic (only 1 of 2)

4 x sata Disk

2 x sata DVD Burner

2 x 20 inch TFT with DVI (the second i have to hotplug)

scotch

im trying to install this on my older pentium 4 PC.

when in the bootloader, i get some strange errors that loop really fast with some other errors in between

-sh-2.05b# unknown SIGSEVG code 0

Oct 27 04:00:15 launchd: Sever 0 in bootstrap 1103 uid 0: "/usr/sbin/notifyd"[455]: exited abnormally: Segmentation fault

same thing happens when trying to boot from vmware.

No idea what's happened - but, suddenly, it seems my install has simply failed and now SIGSEGV's very very early on during boot. Going to try and do an in-place upgrade in-case the kernel has died.

Just a note for any future DVD authors, there are JMicron fixes that are required to allow a handful of mainboards like the p5b to install native from DVD. Please consider adding them, as using VMware/ USB drives is a PITA. :blush:

NO DICE!

Need to put in "cpus=1 -x -v" to get the install disc to even boot. However, it then fails at the line: "Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster 10 buffer headers" and locks!

Any ideas? Can't even get to install.

Thanks

I've got a problem. I get this message "diskarb isn't ready yet; we'll try again soon" and it keeps popping up, until eventually a message saying "giving up on diskarb" and it does nothing else.

I even went out and bought an IDE hard disk, but no dice.

I installed the OS using the following:

under nforce & recommended patches:

Intel nForce Kernel

Verbose Mode

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

System Profiler Patch

under ATA&USB

SATA Support

under Graphics:

Macbook Pro Update

nforce patch

8800 640mb

under sound:

ALC883 6port

under network:

Marvell Gigabit

My motherboard is ASUS P5N-E SLi. Nforce 650i with nforce 430i south bridge. Graphics card is BFG 8800GTS 640MB.

Any ideas please? Has anybody got it working on the same board or another board with same chipset?

Ok, I have a working solution for ASUS P5B (and potentially P5K users).

You'll need to use VMware as the Install DVD has issues with the JMicron controller I suspect.

- create a new custom 64Bit FreeBSD VM session, tell the wizard to use all of the HDD you want to use

- do not use the default kernel, I found the 8.10.3 works right out of the box

- to get proper SATA and IDE drive support, install the ICH8 and JMicron packages

- you'll need to also install the Azalia Audio driver package for sound and RealtekR1000 driver package

- I have a GeForce 7600GT so used the NVinject 0.1.1 package that seems to work right out of the box also

I think that's about it. Posting from Safari in the fresh install and, well, it *feels* very very smooth and fast.

Thank you. This worked for me! :-) However, I'm having trouble getting it to log on. I suspect a video driver issue. I have an 8800 Ultra card (768Mb) and I selected the correct NVInject driver for this card. When I boot, I get a blue screen. Sometimes with a mouse pointer that moves, sometimes with a pointer that is stuck, sometimes no pointer at all... But it never gets further than this.

I've tried booting with my LCD unplugged, and plugging it in when I see disk activity stop, but I just get a black screen instead (monitor does not turn on). I previously got something working with the titan driver on XxX, but I had to boot with the LCD unplugged to make this work.

I've tried with the LCD in both monitor ports. When it's not in the left-hand (nearest mobo) one, I get a black screen (monitor turns off) instead of a blue one.

Any ideas, anyone?

Hello, Mac.nub, thank you for your great work!

I am using a IBM T42p laptop, I've got everything OK except the sound...

I remember I can use sound using a very old version of jas's.

Anything I can do about that? Thanks.

It keeps hanging when I try to "Erase" and format the partition to an Apple format from an NTFS

Trying to format a partition on a sata drive

nforce 680i

Anyone know of a way to have it already formatted?

I thought there was a command in fdisk that could format to Apple file system, but i forget what it is.

Anyone know if this release might be compatible with a GA-945GZM MB? I've try uphuck and jas both could not find my SATA HDD. I'm think those older release doesn't have the right driver for my SATA controller. Will this one works?

It did not work for me. So far, the XxX 10.4.10 installer is the only one that can see my hard drive.

Alright heres my specs:

Core 2 Duo E6600

MSI P965 Neo Rev 1.0

Geforce 8800GTS 320meg

80gig Sata off the ICH8

DVD-RW off the ICH8

Cant get dvd to boot no matter what commands I pass. cpus=1 -v -f -s and such.

I get upto usb caused wake up event (ehci)

Still waiting for root device.

Turning off the ACPI will get me too.

ln0 err(55) cant assign a address

What I have managed to do is used vmware 6.0

Make a new virtual machine. Use FreeBSD 64 bit mode. Set the drive to physical independent. edit the vmx with all the options required.

Run the disk util partition the drive as Extended Mac OS

Close it down.

Start up terminal.

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

f 1

write

y

q

Start Installing Using the 8.10.3 kernel.

Azalia, R1000, 8800 driver and the nvinject for 320meg.

Installs all the way. Reboot the machine leave the 80 gig plug in and still get to

usb caused wake up event (ehci)

Maybe someone can shed some light. I've been working on this since 10am EST -5

*Update

I now get it to boot all the way till it lauches the login window. At this pint my CRT screen goes black while the hard-drive doing a tons of activity.

Please anyone!! i bought an IDE drive to get this going. I get all the way to installation screen, half way through it quits saying error please reinstall.

i'm using p5n-e sli nvidia nforce 650sli

is there something i should have checked of during installation?

Thanks

I am trying to install on an ASUS P35

Q6600

3GB RAM

In the bios if I don't set IDE to ACHI it waits for root device.

Once that is all fine till it gets to Debugger Called: <panic>

After that there are a few lines then it sits at the Darwin Kernel line and won't do anything else. Any ideas why?

Thanks!!!!

Hi I have been waiting for this disk for a few days now... I got the disc burned and it boots right.I have a 6GB partition that was done in vista with thisdiskpartselect disk 0create primary partition id=afselect partition 3* (which was mine)activewhich worked ok but when i started the installer it got to select your destination and it was blank. I then went the installer/system profiler and it sees my SATA harddrive no sweat but why cant i see this partition or any that i can select to?what should i do?striker extreme with a SATA HD with 4 partitions 1. Vista64 2. NTFS Space 3. OSX (or i thought) 4. XPeverything works a ok but during boot it says it cant mount disk0s1 or s2 i noticed but i sure this is just a parition/format fix but whats should i do?thanks

Problem: Load from dvd, wait 10 sec (no key entered), darwin loading, blue screen with spinning circle (or cursor, or prepearing to install message) then NOTHING!!! Before this problem i install OS but she does not work (or reboot after message "please try again" when i select any patches) Please help !!! My system Asus Striker (i680) gf 8800, ide hd, usb dvd.
maybe your USB DVD? i have this mother baord newest bios and it boots finei will call you USB DVD Drive into play...just a guess