Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

Then i guess it gives me a choice of where to install it to and you do the installation processs just like windows. No fancy stuff like patching etc etc.

Yep, but when you get to the install GUI, you'll have a huge choice of options for different components in your PC. You should make a list of all your particular hardware and have a search to see which patches/ hacks you might need. The best thing to do is install with the minimum amount of tweaking so that you can confirm that osx will run - you can then re-install adding different hardware solutions.

So here I am installing on my laptop, and I end up getting a screen that's black. It looks similar to MS-DOS. It was working through various code, and then suddenly stopped.

Is this something any of you encountered? If so what did you do?

edit:

It stopped at

"unknown SIGSEGV code 0

-sh-2.05b#"

Ahh, that would make sense ;)

Guess il just have to keep seeding, seems like im the only one :|

I just think our torrent software isn't all that accurate in reporting seeders etc. I'm continuing to seed also as are at least 5 others according to utorrent.

EVOSTANCE : yeah well internet connection not cheap here (South Africa). Well for my board to work all that had to be added was the device ID to the AppleVIAATA.kext file that allows JMICRON SATA and the other controllers to work. - CH8

the readme states that Jmicron supported, CH8 .....

I dont want to use another board cos this board supports 8Gigs Ram and the Core Quad CPU.

My Specs:

ECS P965T-A motherboard with JMicron

4 Gigs Ram

2.2 Core Duo Intel

Nvidia 7600 256mb

This install kernel panics on a p5b the moment it tries to scan for volumes and mount them. After changing several BIOS options to enable/ disable various features it looks to be a dud for that board.

Going to try destroying and recreating the apple volume on the HDD just in case, but not looking at all good.

EVOSTANCE : yeah well internet connection not cheap here (South Africa). Well for my board to work all that had to be added was the device ID to the AppleVIAATA.kext file that allows JMICRON SATA and the other controllers to work. - CH8

Ahh fair enough.  DNo what you can do lol, add it yourself :S

Just installed and all working - had a problem booting on first install but repartitioned my hd to MBR and all was fine.

Looks to work perfectly! Thanks to mac.nub for all your efforts, you are a gent and a scholar sir! ;)

Specs:

Abit AW9D-MAX

4gb Geil RAM

8800 GTS

Thanks mac.nub

Booted OK, gives a xbench score of 185 (XxX release gave 195!). However just like the XxX release dictionary app does not work :( Will check CS3 and hope sleep/wake would work.

EDITED

Sleep/wake broken. CS3 worked without any patching.

mac.nub, thank you.

All working except for audio, which i deliberately did not install the relevant packages as only get audio output detected. Gonna see if Middleman can help out with the coding for both output and input.

Will Not Boot, i just get a "-" flashing on the screen, install 5/6 times using differnt options.

ASUS P5N-E SLI

IDE HD

That ^^ sounds like windows trying to boot lol

Hope mine installs and boots ive got that mobo

EDIT: Ill carry on seeding after ive got this crysis demo