Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

DLs fluctuating from 17 to 50s K...i can bear it :D

im in same timezone as china...

patience is power...its like nature :) slowly but surely

mac.nub dude!

is there a list of whats inside the installer? like what are the apps, utilities etc...

or maybe include a readme? ;)

niways...thanks a gazillion! (if there exist such a number)

::flash::

Hey, thanks for the release. Looking forward to installing it. Just a question, this release work on a computer with these specs:

3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4

Board: Acer G91M

512 Megabytes Installed Memory

80.02 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

RADEON X300/X550 Series

I'm already downloading it so I guess it really doens't matter as I will try it anyway. Just something to pass the time with I guess. Regards.

From the first post with Screenshots, I assume I have to select kernals and patches to install. How do I know which ones to install as I am a newbie on Mac OS (basically a Doctor using XP) who does not know what a kernal is (I will do a search now)? My rig is XPS M1210 Laptop and a Desktop with Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi Mobo.

u still dont answer my question mac.nub... :(

i have graphic card XFX nividia 8600 serries..is it possible to run ur release???

It was already answered by someone else in this thread-the answer is no, 8600 series is not supported.

And mac.nub-thank you very much for all of your efforts!

neogeo - np, it's been fun to do, and nice to give something back to the community.

rals2007 - The IONetworkingFamily is the "Generic IONetworkingFamily.kext Fix" on my Install DVD. The ACPI Power Managment (speedstep) support unfortunately does not work due to it not being integrated in any of the 10.4.10 kernels, when the kernel sources are released, i'm sure it will be added however. The Wireless N patch is included, and yes the system.kext patch is also included.

lionskin, Tech Star, steLee - Thanks all.

kejkz - Haha, sounds fun :( and np.

flibblesan - Thanks for pointing flashnymph72 in the direction of the feature list :P

yanis - Haha, have fun with that :P

bbao - To be honest, i'm not sure - i've not seen that board mentioned in the forums before. If your P4 is SSE3 compatible, then hopefully the latest kernels will work, if it's only SSE2 compatible, make sure to select a universal or SSE2 10.4.9 (8.9.1) kernel!

kamaraju - Search the forums, you should be able to find install guides for both.

iamcanadian - It will work, but you'll have to use a 10.4.9 (8.9.1) kernel.

nemesis.nub - It will be possible to use the card, however 3D graphics, CI and QE will not be supported, you will need to remove GeForce.kext after install in single user mode, as the graphics card is not supported.

egiles - Cheers for that, and np.

~mac.nub

PS. I'm off to bed, it's 4:11am... best get some sleep. Any futher questions I will answer when I am up.

Hey All,

This can now be found at a certian Demon, and also a Bay of Pirates take your pick! - Just search for "mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN]"

Please note: The MD5 checksums are included in the torrent download, in the "MD5 & Readme.rtf" however here they are again:

MD5 (v1-r5.zip) = 67969e7192ce88e0fb9f8ba0a0b07b4c

And after unzipping you get... MD5 (macdotnub_OSx86_10.4.10_Install_Disk-v1-r5.iso) = 3f7f65773aa392c04b5d3c8ea3016c58

Hi, there...

Could u explain what the MD5 is for ? don't really understand ...

I just got ur torrent file on green demonoid and unzip the file , then burn it with Nero..

Did use the MD5 at all... don't know what is this file for ?

Actually, got another 10.4.10 ISO file, inside the download file, also has this MD5 file has been attached. Don't know what is that for. So just did use it...and burned the .iso with nero. when i install osx use that DVD, after several seconds file checking , the screen showed me " waiting for the root.." and stoped forever.....

what is the reason ? could u tell me ....?