Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

Hi, there...

Could u explain what the MD5 is for ? don't really understand ...

I just got ur torrent file on green demonoid and unzip the file , then burn it with Nero..

Did use the MD5 at all... don't know what is this file for ?

Actually, got another 10.4.10 ISO file, inside the download file, also has this MD5 file has been attached. Don't know what is that for. So just did use it...and burned the .iso with nero. when i install osx use that DVD, after several seconds file checking , the screen showed me " waiting for the root.." and stoped forever.....

what is the reason ? could u tell me ....?

The MD5 file is to check that the file you downloaded is 100% complete. You have downloaded another file which isn't working on your machine. Wait for this one to finish.

hi macdotnub just wanted to say major thanks to your contribution and theres just one small question.

Any chance that if macos leopard would have additional support for geforce 8600 and 8400 you could come up with a fix for all geforce 8x00 cards .... this is pretty important to me because i am dying to get macos running properly on my sony vaio ... and again thanks for the effort and work you have done. :)

zhimama: md5 is use to verify the file you just downloaded is 100% complete. it should match your md5 and the md5 in the README. if it doesnt, you have to download it again due to file transfer problem.

If it's match..then go and burn it.

'bout your problem- Still Waiting for root.... read the forum and check your harware for compatibility

My Asus p5b doesn't play well with OS X discs. Damn Asus and their infernal 'sata pretending to be ide for legacy support' JMicron chipset.

I had no issues with the uphuck 10.4.9 r3 release on my P5B Deluxe. I'm DL'ing mac.nub's release now (at 91%) and will try it after I back up my files to a USB hard drive. The trick for me was setting my hard drive controller to AHCI instead of IDE in the BIOS.

can this be used like an update install of some sort or is totally gonna be a fresh install...i have 10.4.8 running already....the thing is, i would like my customizations and settings moved to this os version if can be done...

Perhaps those who have complete copies could remain seeding (at least for a little while) or start seeding again for a while.. :)

No kidding. Despite a few saying that they have it downloaded and installed, mac.nub remains the only seeder.

The good news is that there is a ton of peers close to 95% right now. A handful of new seeders should show up within the next couple hours.

zhimama: md5 is use to verify the file you just downloaded is 100% complete. it should match your md5 and the md5 in the README. if it doesnt, you have to download it again due to file transfer problem.

If it's match..then go and burn it.

'bout your problem- Still Waiting for root.... read the forum and check your harware for compatibility

Thanks for ur explainations for MD5...^^ first time to hearing this kind of thing...anyway...interesting...and useless for me.

" still waiting for root " message before the Osx installation ...Don't know why. I mean i used JaS 10.4.8 to install to the same pc without any problems, but use " XXX_MAC OS10.4.10" had .

However, wish this DVD has no any problem ...

Oh no! Now I'll have to buy new processor, mainboard, memory and GPU. Maybe even HD :(

Look what have you done to me <_<

Cheers mate, fantastic installation

Feeling the very same... I rushed to get a new screen... to replace my old 800x600 !!!

The savings for the real iMac should be replenished somehow...

Never had ejoyed looking at the swarn graphics from Azureus: those little pies getting filled from their sibblings... ahhh.. time to sleep... let the seed begin... tomorrow, the install...

Thanks for ur explainations for MD5...^^ first time to hearing this kind of thing...anyway...interesting...and useless for me.

" still waiting for root " message before the Osx installation ...Don't know why. I mean i used JaS 10.4.8 to install to the same pc without any problems, but use " XXX_MAC OS10.4.10" had .

However, wish this DVD has no any problem ...

It's useful for everyone. Once you had download any iso image, you need to check either the image is good or not. Some bytes could missing. So, any handy MD5 verifier can verify the image. If it's bad or not match with provided MD5 string, you need to fix it or download it over again.

If you want to deal with hacked iso or what so ever, you need to know what MD5 is. It's good for your health. So you won't have headache on corrupt installation again.

An MD5 sum is a string of letters and numbers that acts like a fingerprint for a file. If two files have the same MD5 sum, the files are exactly alike - which is why MD5 "fingerprints" can verify whether or not your downloaded file got corrupted in transit.

MD5's sound like advanced geekery - and indeed, they're calculated at the command line - but you don't have to be C3PO to use 'em. The CodeJacked weblog demonstrates how to use MD5's to make sure that big-ass download landed on your hard drive intact and identical to the version on the server. — Gina Trapani

I am having trouble with the darwin bootloader. I am dual booting Vista and using EasyBCD to dual boot my Vista and Mac partitions. After installing the DVD and selecting my OS X partition nothing happens and I am brought back to my OS selection screen. I had the same problem with XxX's DVD. He told me to make sure the partition was set on Master Boot Record, but it already is. The only way I can get OS X to load up is by setting my drive to GUID partition table, but the ruins my Vista partition. I have had no trouble with Uphucks 10.4.9 DVDs. Can I get some assistance. I am frustrated and confused.

By the way mac.nub this DVD is AWESOME. It is so organized. Thank you so much!

My Specs:

Dell Inspiron 9300

P-M 2.0ghz 2gb RAM SSE2

Geforce 6800 go 256mb

My sound is realtek rtl8187b

My network card is Marvell Yukon 88E8038

My wireless is Sigmatel 9250

Threadstarter...are my components to my laptop compatible to your OSX86 build?

OOPS I got them mixed up...the sound and the wireless...My wireless is realtek rtl8187b and my sound is Sigmatel 9250...Are you able to find the drivers now...thread starter?

As dense as this might seem, ive downloaded it, burned it to DVD. opened the DVD in windows to see what it contains but its gone from 1.9gb to 486kb. Whats that all about?

Capture-20.jpg

That's fine, it's because the DVD uses a different file system to Windows. If you use IsoBuster, that will show you all the files on the disc (but you don't really need to).

Ahh, that would make sense :wacko:

Guess il just have to keep seeding, seems like im the only one ;)

Anyway, I put the DVD and make boot from dvd primary

Then i guess it gives me a choice of where to install it to and you do the installation processs just like windows. No fancy stuff like patching etc etc.

But whats this ive heard about making the 8800gts 640mb look like a 320mb for it to work?

hello guys!!

I just finished downloading the mac.nub release burned it on a dvd and installed it without any problem.

NOW.... osx will not start...

darwin loading...

greys screen with apple logo for a sec and then...

reboot.

Mac.nub i downloaded this release cause we got the same pc basically.

Abit fatal1ty IN9

8800gts 320

core2quad q6600

any pointers on what i should select when im installing?

any help would be greatly appreciated

JUST SPENT $100 downloading and it does NOT work on my board - pissed

ECS P965T-A motherboard with JMicron.

There are sooooo many options - I wish there was a README explaining what kernels / patches are what.

back to JAS 10.4.8 for me