Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

@OcciJano, you can find it at TPB too, I'm getting even better speeds from it. Anyway, if you happen to need the torrent file, let me know it. Good luck.

:star_smile: Thanks a lot Proteo, yes TPB is giving me a very good speed, gracias hermano.

:star_smile: Thanks a lot mac.nub, I think that we are going to have the best Hackintosh installer, thanks a lot for sharing your work with us!.

Thanks mac.nub, i bought a ide hdd and then found that i couldnt even run osx86 on my computer but you have exactly the same system as me (the one with the 88800gts) and now I can run it :)Well I say the same. Could you tell me if it will run on:XFX 8800GTS 640mbAsus P5N-E Sli 680i Mobo2gb Ram 1066mhzE6750 @2.7ghzVista in RAID on 2x 160gb SATA HDand the OSX on 1x 80gb IDE HDHopefully it will install smoothly and I can dual boot with Vista. Hopefully it will automatically show on the boot menu. If you care to post me a dvdrip (i will pay lol) I will upload it and/or seed it
Hi Evostance,You have almost the same kit as I have, and mac.nub is running a board with the same chipset (650i) and he says it works fine, even the SATA.
em500 - It's unlikely, as I now have Leopard installed on both my Hackintosh's.Oh, and this was posted from Leopard :star_smile:~mac.nub
This is my next goal. Get Leopard running on my PC. What guide did you follow?

@all the people saying thanks - thanks for the comments.

Missed out neogeo's post on page 11 - here's your answer:

neogeo - I made my own patching scripts for it, the ones already out there were full of bugs...

And the rest of them:

Evostance - I used up all my DVD-R's preparing this release, sorry :(

Tony Aiello - MD5 for the zip, and the ISO (after extraction) is included in the download, simply look at MD5 & Readme.rtf - it's included in the download folder.

mrkokkinos - Should work fine.

ljguiler - Looks like it should be fine.

flibblesan - Sounds like a fun day.

clintoy - Yes, just 1.3 GB.

Evostance - Should work fine on your system, and Marcaen's advice to you is a good idea.

zerodian & schumy - All languages except english have been stripped. I will release (at some point over the next few days) an additional download so you can install the other languages if you wish.

billzz - Unfortunately none of the others are online... so I can't get them to! - Speed will get better over time! Most people have around 45% of the file now! So you should be able to get that much quickly off peers!

Sonicpower - I have included ATI Mobility drivers, however I'm not sure if it definitely supports that or not, if not, I also included Callistio drivers!

OcciJano - np.

flibblesan - This is a good guide for patching the DVD - not sure if the files he provides fully work yet... I ended up fed up with the errors in his patching scripts and made my own!

~mac.nub

flibblesan - This is a good guide for patching the DVD - not sure if the files he provides fully work yet... I ended up fed up with the errors in his patching scripts and made my own!

~mac.nub

Had a quick read through the thread and it sounds simple enough. I'll try it over the weekend if I get your torrent downloaded and installed heh. I bought Leopard today so I'll use that for the source files.

BTW, did you have video support in Leopard?

The Baron & postaldave - Looks like it has been, no idea why! :(

No PM from a staff member, no explanation anywhere! It's just disappeared!

Sorry about that, I had no idea that would happen! - Maybe it'd just be best to get it from a certain bay or demon! It's faster there too!

~mac.nub

Cheers mac.nub,

On the Demon torrent now, BS seem to delete homebrew OS X sometimes (don't know why). Anyway, looks like my weekend is going to be constantly checking Azureus for completeion of your dl, & IM for the Leo release....At least we get an extra hour tomorrow! God bless England.

The Baron.

do the 8800 drivers support the 8600 series ?
As of right now, the drivers only support the 8800 series, not the 8600 or earlier 8x00 cards. Sorry ;)

Question - It seems people have gotten Leopard to work with the 8800 drivers. I want to use Tiger on my system until a stable OSX86 version of Leopard comes out, or I learn to patch the disk (which I bought). Would you be able to simply update the OS, or reinstall a fresh copy?

Also, its probably an obvious question, but this release will work with the 8800gtx 768meg card, yes? I have an XFX model.

Thank you mac.nub. You're the man !!! :thumbsup_anim: , I'll continue to seed for days once its done :pirate2: .

Has anyone installed this on a nForce yet with SATA, or is this still imposible ? I've run out of IDE HD's :( .

I think it depends on what nForce you have. I believe nForce4 is buggy, but the nForce 650i/680i works. I need to confirm this with mac.nub though as I am planning to purchase another hard disk for OSX.

mac.nub: What type of drives are you running for OSX on your core2 PC? Do you recommend me to get a SATA or IDE disk for OSX?

Any news on the Rapidshare upload? I'm getting 7 kbps down on the river of bits. :thumbsup_anim:
There won't be a Rapidshare upload until the torrent has been seeded I guess. I'll probably upload this to Usenet once I finish the torrent, but as my upstream is only about 30kbps it might take a while.

hmm, one of the trackers is reporting 113 seeders on this torrent and 336 peers... that's not right.

Any news on the Rapidshare upload? I'm getting 7 kbps down on the river of bits. :(

Yeah, the torrent is pretty fast until you get to about 60%. This may take a couple days, hopefully people will seed once they complete the download.

I think it depends on what nForce you have. I believe nForce4 is buggy, but the nForce 650i/680i works. I need to confirm this with mac.nub though as I am planning to purchase another hard disk for OSX.

mac.nub: What type of drives are you running for OSX on your core2 PC? Do you recommend me to get a SATA or IDE disk for OSX?

Thanks for the info dude. Looking through my Mobo manual, I have :

North Bridge: NVidia nForce 650i SLI (C55)

South Bridge: NVidia nForce 430i (MCP 51) <- controls the SATA HD's

And a Nvidia 7600 GS GPU.

I hope I can get it to install on a SATA HD. Otherwise i'll have to go get a IDE HD :( .

Yuusharo - Yes, it will work fine with your card, just make sure to select the required graphics driver options.

lionskin - It should be fine, yes.

flibblesan - As I only have PATA (IDE) drives, I can't really say, but I can say that PATA drives definately work.

Though I would have thought SATA drives would be a better option, as they have the much higher 3 Gbps transfer speeds.

BOL_fan - There is not going to be a rapidshare option for a good few days yet. Be patient.

Torrent is most likely going to be the fastest way to get it anyhow! - The torrent has only been around for 8 hours, and you can currently grab ~62% of the release at high speeds! Then you'll have to wait in line like everyone else for the rest of it to be seeded by myself. It's early days for it yet, it's been around less than a day and there is only one seeder (myself). You are bound to have slow transfer speeds at some point during the download!

rootnik - At this rate, by 9am GMT tomorrow morning, there should at least be a good few seeders (at least 50, if people don't just leech it).

~mac.nub

Thanks for the info dude. Looking through my Mobo manual, I have :

North Bridge: NVidia nForce 650i SLI (C55)

South Bridge: NVidia nForce 430i (MCP 51) <- controls the SATA HD's

And a Nvidia 7600 GS GPU.

I hope I can get it to install on a SATA HD. Otherwise i'll have to go get a IDE HD :( .

mac.dub said SATA works fine, so it should be OK. (edit: read his reply above)

Hey mac... just wondering while im still downloading your release... iv been using your ACPI POWER MANAGEMENT, IONETWORKINGFAMILY, WIRELESS,SYSTEM.KEXT and works like a charm on my system.

Now my question is, do these files mention above are included in your MAC 10.4.10 release?

Thanks Mac.nub