Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

Strange thing is Activity Monitor shows CPU to be between 96 and 99.x % idle and yet the CPU fan is stepping up like there is a heavy load when in fact there is not... :) puzzled I am...

Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like a typical fan problem in Linux, where it doesn't know whether your CPU FAN is running through ACPI and so tells it to run full blast.

No clue why, but the install suddenly worked, using the default kernel no less. It looks like the 'SATA drivers' package is suspect and tends to bork on p5b's.

All I can recommend for those having issues is to:

1) hit F8 during boot (before darwin bootloader starts) and use -v to see where things break

2) install as few drivers as practicably possible, working through until you find the right combo

3) backup your fresh install if at all possible - I have dumped this working install to a disk image if I need to receover

There is help here and I did try a couple things suggested, but people cannot help you with random "it doesn't work" comments. Be specific, write down what the error is and then ask.

This isn't a good release for those who are just starting out as it does take a lot of trial-and-error on many systems it appears. ;)

his isn't a good release for those who are just starting out as it does take a lot of trial-and-error on many systems it appears.

Ya tell me about it.

I did talk about it earlier in this topic, but you know.

Anyways it gets to "Login Windows application Started" Then my screen shuts off. I don't know what graphics driver i need to choose (I suspect that is the problem) I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8800. (I don't know the vram of it though. I awsume it is 768MB, but that is a guess)

vinlar THANKS now i see any porgress: darwin load (1 sec not more) then white screen with apple (spinning O not more 10 10-15 sec) then no signal on LCD help please

p.s. in verbose mode i dont see any thing NO SIGNAL ON LCD!!! SOS!

This installation didn't detect HDD and GPU on my laptop...

HDD: ATA WD1600BEVS 160GB 5400rpm

GPU: GeForce 8600M GT 512mb

Is there any installaton of Mac (10.4.10 or higher) which could detect my hardware and install on it?

Thank you so much again mac.nub!! Everything working now, dual DVI with my 19' TFT's, one widescreen and one regular.

Just installed Bromya's X1950pro AGP installer and now it works beautiful! Just see when you got a x1950pro agp you select the x19x0 driver by jcool only :P. With this one you boot with dual DVI and diff resolutions but no QE/CI yet, so you install Bromya's installer (check search for anyone who wants it). Maybe you should implement that installer in your build next time, anyways great release ;).

That ^^ sounds like windows trying to boot lol

Hope mine installs and boots ive got that mobo

EDIT: Ill carry on seeding after ive got this crysis demo

I would be intrested to know what box`s you Ticked, mine just crashes :-) as startup.

Doesnt work with my 680i ;)

This is my config :

Q6700 , Nforce 680i , 320 GB SATA HDD , 8800 GTX ,

When i start the install i need to Erase the first partion of the HDD for MACOSX , but when i click on erase it sits there forever.

HDD is a SATA hdd , no idea no matter how may times i9 try its the same thing.Any help would be great

hey there ;)

i got an Dell XPS M1710

and i can get it installed...

but my problem is that its running so slow!

everything is going in slow motion, my mouse is lagging like hell ;) and ive tried other installation DVD's, but all of them gives the same result, which is lag.

so can you please tell me what i can do to make the lag go away ?

i hope you can help me

Hey I think you might want to try Master Boot Record Instead of the default Apple Partition Scheme. Do this by going into Disk Utility at the DVD Startup, select your hard drive, and then go to the partition tab. Then choose options and make it MBR!

Click Partition, install, and enjoy!

-commander

Thank you, this sorted out the booting problem, now it just crashes :-) useing -v-f it hangs and times out on IO Dreivers....

Was this release actually tested? I've noticed that non of the supposed testers have posted in this thread, or even offered help, which is a shame. Some people are having new problems, but a lot of people are having problems with hardware that works on other releases.

Klinsmann: You need to go to the menu at the top, and select Disk Utility from the menu.

i retried it but i still didn't get it to work.

ANYBODY with an XPS 410 setup or some knowledge of it, can you help me?

Yeah, I have an XPS 410 but the problem is that I have a different video card.

Nvidia 7900GS.

Anyways, I'm going to try to install tonight.

Will post any updates.